PDA

View Full Version : Bolton issued with winding up petition by HRC

EastStandRed
20-07-2017, 08:42 AM
Championship club Bolton Wanderers have been issued with a winding-up petition by HM Revenue & Customs, reports BBC Radio Manchester.

Bolton say they are aware of the new petition and that the situation is being dealt with.

Meanwhile, financial director Shaun McHugh has left just four months after being appointed.

He is the third person to have held the role in the past year following John Pelling and Anthony Massey.

EastStandRed
20-07-2017, 08:43 AM
Dock them 20 points for next season. Ridiculous the debts that club has

DOOALI
20-07-2017, 08:58 AM
It would be 1 team filling a relegation spot if they did and fully deserved badly run club with a so called big name how many more in our Lg ?

pass_and_move
20-07-2017, 09:28 AM
It would be 1 team filling a relegation spot if they did and fully deserved badly run club with a so called big name how many more in our Lg ?

We must be one of the very few clubs in this division who actually adhere to FFP. It's flawed to fck ennyrooard, whats financially fair about astronmical parachute payments? Boro have just spent 15 million on a striker! Its just another rule to screw the smaller clubs over.

The FA should come down very hard on those who don't play by the rules, especially the clubs who've had massive PL money. When luton and Rotherham got a sh1t load o points deducted that year it was harsh. Ok they fecked up but lifes much more difficult at the foot of league 2 where income is at a premium. To me it seems the FA turn a blind eye to the bigger clubs who grossly overspend whilst the clubs struggling to just survive get penalised heavily. It's bollox. The likes of Bolton have gambled huge sums of money in a bid to stay in the greed league. Failed miserably, 170 million in debt, how can they possibly serve that kind of debt?

The last big club i remember getting a points deducted was Portsmouth in 2012.
Any takers for the next Championship club to go into administration?

Jules88
20-07-2017, 09:54 AM
perhaps that's why we are not spending all we have.

Jonnyboy501
20-07-2017, 10:12 AM
Andy Murray: When he's crap he's Scottish. When he's doing well he's British.

It's a bit like that on this site. When the club are buying players they aren't spending enough and buying better players. "THE BOARD" are crap. When we're talking about other clubs being in ridiculous debt and should be deducted points. "WE" are fantastic coz we are not in the same position (Didnt we do well?).

Jules88
20-07-2017, 10:34 AM
Agree Jonny, Totally

Acido
20-07-2017, 11:02 AM

No its more like... Andy Murray: When he's crap he's Scottish. When he's doing well he's still a complete banker. whether hes Scotch or not. Well done Sam Querrey by the way for putting him out last week. :D

As for Bolton's debts, yes its an absolute disgrace and a shambles whats happened there. But why do we bother getting annoyed by it as the FL & FA clearly don't give a monkeys.

EastStandRed
20-07-2017, 11:07 AM
Because they're cheating their way through each season spending money they haven't got . Fair enough running with small manageable debts but racking up loans of pushing £200m is scandalous

Acido
20-07-2017, 12:02 PM
Because they're cheating their way through each season spending money they haven't got . Fair enough running with small manageable debts but racking up loans of pushing £200m is scandalous

Yes and like I also said, its a disgrace and a shambles etc. But theres nothing we can do about it.
They allowed Brighton to do it for years, and what makes it more sickening is they probably cleared all their debts by 'buying' promotion to the Premship.

pass_and_move
20-07-2017, 12:50 PM

It's a bit like that on this site. When the club are buying players they aren't spending enough and buying better players. "THE BOARD" are crap. When we're talking about other clubs being in ridiculous debt and should be deducted points. "WE" are fantastic coz we are not in the same position (Didnt we do well?).

are you suggesting we're fickle XD

for the record I'm proud that we dont overspend. Short sighted hastiness leads to long term disaster. The clubs survival is the no1 priority. If we do have some of the Roberts cash to spend as GG was quoted as saying 2 or 3 weeks ago then I'd expect us to have a player in the pipeline who isn't untried or loaned with all due respect

Ponte_Steve24
20-07-2017, 12:58 PM
Pass where has not spending got us? Yes this young and hungry philosophy is working for the time being. It's best thing since sliced bread isn't it? However, this is same club that audhered to ffp two years early penny pinching and buying uncut gems from lower leagues. It back fired big style as we sleep walked into relegation. I'm saying we brought it on ourselves and if we'd spent better between 2011 and 2014 we wouldn't av' gone down in the first place and needed to adopt this new policy/ philosophy.

pass_and_move
20-07-2017, 01:14 PM
Pass where has not spending got us? Yes this young and hungry philosophy is working for the time being. It's best thing since sliced bread isn't it? However, this is same club that audhered to ffp two years early penny pinching and buying uncut gems from lower leagues. It back fired big style as we sleep walked into relegation. I'm saying we brought it on ourselves and if we'd spent better between 2011 and 2014 we wouldn't av' gone down in the first place and needed to adopt this new policy/ philosophy.

to be fair steve the club wasn't really penny pinching was it? We made financial losses around that time and we got money for Stones, vaz te, davies etc. Don rowing ran a tight ship but ultimately cryne bailed us out time and again with our annual financial losses. Unless our benefactor was willing to put 6 or 7 million quid of his own money in the transfer kitty back in 2011 then i simply can't see any other transfer policy we could've implemented.

Relegation was always on the cards, it still is. Difference now is that our transfer policy has a future whereas back then the club kept papering over the cracks with journeymen who couldn't be sold on. I've said it before mate, it's modern day football that screws this club, not our lack of ambition

Ponte_Steve24
20-07-2017, 01:22 PM
I agree mate totally. You mentioned my posts over last year as a general disillusionment with the game and I think your right Pass. I take it out on Barnsley and sometimes I'll concede over things that aren't the clubs fault. However, when I walk up the steps in Ponty end and musics playing and players walk out hairs on back of my neck stand up and i still get emotional. I'm still mad about Barnsley and that bad taste was last season mate. This is a new season which i am looking forward to. It will be first year our lass has a season ticket too. I'm willing to put past behind me. However, if sumat gripes me I post it. I do know it comes across as negative but I'm probably least neagative, defeatist person you'd meat. My frustration is born from being a winner.

pass_and_move
20-07-2017, 04:18 PM
I agree mate totally. You mentioned my posts over last year as a general disillusionment with the game and I think your right Pass. I take it out on Barnsley and sometimes I'll concede over things that aren't the clubs fault. However, when I walk up the steps in Ponty end and musics playing and players walk out hairs on back of my neck stand up and i still get emotional. I'm still mad about Barnsley and that bad taste was last season mate. This is a new season which i am looking forward to. It will be first year our lass has a season ticket too. I'm willing to put past behind me. However, if sumat gripes me I post it. I do know it comes across as negative but I'm probably least neagative, defeatist person you'd meat. My frustration is born from being a winner.

Top lad. Like

Romared
20-07-2017, 04:34 PM
Tharra good lad Ponty, av allus thort that , tha wears thi heart on thi sleeve , i admire thi forrit anorl ;D wiv all dun daft posts , particulary when Alcohol has been partaken :O , keep on doowin wat tha Duz ;D

SBRed48
20-07-2017, 04:51 PM
Tharra good lad Ponty, av allus thort that , tha wears thi heart on thi sleeve , i admire thi forrit anorl ;D wiv all dun daft posts , particulary when Alcohol has been partaken :O , keep on doowin wat tha Duz ;D

Tha reyt Roma.

SBRed48
20-07-2017, 04:57 PM

Tha reyt Roma.

SBRed48
20-07-2017, 05:00 PM
Arz that happened ? It was so good they posted it twice.

Romared
20-07-2017, 09:01 PM
Terretts , Terretts alkin****yookill !!! Bruv !!!

Romared
20-07-2017, 09:03 PM
Arz that happened ? It was so good they posted it twice.
Av erd thi , assay av erd thi !!!

Redstew
21-07-2017, 10:46 AM
You asked who next for administration?
QPR have to be a good candidate. Still trying to clear debts from when Old Harry was there. Doing the same at Birmingham now. Spending money they don't have.

DOOALI
21-07-2017, 12:31 PM
Said it before Harry's is a sh+t manager and spends to get success all he's done is put every club he's managed with enormous debt l wouldn't have him looking after a sh+t hole but what gets me is he's highly regarded as a top manager just shows the state of football

Ponte_Steve24
21-07-2017, 12:59 PM
I don't think that there are any top,top managers. It's down to bank balances in most cases. Also expectancy levels. If David Moyes had been manager at Barnsley we wouldn't class be eighth in the premiership as languishing and he'd still be in a job. As it stands he gets the sack at Manchester United and suddenly he's a terrible manager. He then manages Sunderland a team full of no hopers and he's still classed as terrible. He was the bee's knees at Everton. I'm not saying Harry Redknapp is a bad manager but I agree he's spent some right money and financial ruin seems to follow at the clubs he managed bar Tottenham. West Ham spent beyond their means as did Southampton and Portsmouth twice whilst he was there.

SBRed48
21-07-2017, 04:47 PM
Harry's dogs got plenty a brass though.

Exiletyke
21-07-2017, 04:51 PM
You asked who next for administration?
QPR have to be a good candidate. Still trying to clear debts from when Old Harry was there. Doing the same at Birmingham now. Spending money they don't have.

Not like us eh ?
Not spending money we do have