PDA

View Full Version : Chicarito

HughieG
20-07-2017, 04:51 PM
Gone to West Ham for a medical. Darn it. Had subtle hopes we might sign him. Oh well, next!

MidsMagpie
20-07-2017, 05:00 PM
To busy signing average and young championship players, Hernandez 14m Delph 13m Tadic 14m if we signed one of those things would be looking much more brighter.

pboromag
20-07-2017, 05:48 PM
you would have thought rarfa would have had a chat

Southerntoon75
20-07-2017, 05:49 PM
Would love to have a chance of buying any of those players but I think our highest earner is £40-50,000. Delphi on £90k at city, Hernandez £140k fatty wouldn't pay those salaries. There's a chance with Tadic

pboromag
20-07-2017, 06:05 PM
Would love to have a chance of buying any of those players but I think our highest earner is £40-50,000. Delphi on £90k at city, Hernandez £140k fatty wouldn't pay those salaries. There's a chance with Tadic

nope shelvey on 70 k mistertrick on 60 k

we paid more than that when in the prem last time sissokeo etc etc

we have saved nearly a 100k a week on getting rid of goofy sels sammy,and anita

which is why i say if we had a clearout and brought 4 decent players most the wages woule be covered

diame is on 40 k a week for god sake or there abouts
perez 45 k a week

Southerntoon75
20-07-2017, 06:12 PM

which is why i say if we had a clearout and brought 4 decent players most the wages woule be covered

perez 45 k a week

We're not going to give some players £100k more than others. Just won't happen

pboromag
20-07-2017, 06:16 PM
We're not going to give some players £100k more than others. Just won't happen

as a percentage we already do

Southerntoon75
20-07-2017, 06:22 PM
as a percentage we already do

So you seriously believe we'd have paid Hernandez £140k and the majority of the squad less than £50k

One thing we've got at the moment is team spirit, you'd knacker it by doing that. Not saying I wouldn't love us to go out and buy someone and splash the cash but that's just not realistic

ex_pat_magpie
20-07-2017, 06:43 PM

perez 45 k a week

Mitrovic is on £33k plus incentive bonus.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NUFC/comments/3dwb2g/mitrovic_wage_structure_interesting_incentives/

Zippity
20-07-2017, 06:44 PM
So...he's on £33k a week, then.. XD

zoggs
20-07-2017, 09:55 PM
I was just having a little read of this Zip, when me e mail went off ..Lol

Zippity
20-07-2017, 09:58 PM
:D Arf. Aalreet, beardy. ;D

zoggs
20-07-2017, 10:07 PM
XD XD XD FOOOKKKK OFF....

I must be the only one who didn't /doesn't want him ??

Zippity
20-07-2017, 10:13 PM
No, man...me neither. If we're getting a new striker he needs to be different from Gayle, especially in 'physicality'. Basically, someone like Mitro but, well....the Mitro we thought we were getting.

Now little pea instead of Gayle.... O:)

zoggs
20-07-2017, 10:18 PM
Ooooooooo Zip ,controversial. ..

BIG ANDY ZIP GET HIM UP HAHAH

Zippity
20-07-2017, 10:23 PM
Ooooooooo Zip ,controversial. ..

BIG ANDY ZIP GET HIM UP HAHAH

http://i67.tinypic.com/n1rpg8.gif

XD

zoggs
20-07-2017, 10:37 PM
Hahahahah ..

Zippity
20-07-2017, 10:46 PM
Mind, can't believe I'm even saying it....but I would consider it now... :O

zoggs
20-07-2017, 10:58 PM
That's what I like to hear ( mind you I'd only like to see him come back with another striker) he's too injury prone for me unfortunately ..

Zippity
20-07-2017, 11:03 PM
Well we definitely need another one in...and, for me, he has to be the main man.

zoggs
20-07-2017, 11:05 PM
Bony ??????

Zippity
20-07-2017, 11:09 PM
He'd do for me, like. Think his wages would be a problem, though.

zoggs
20-07-2017, 11:13 PM
Lost his way a bit of late , but he was an absolute animal for Swansea .I'd be happy with him and Big A....

But I do really like Gayle , he gets it

sherwoodmag
21-07-2017, 09:20 AM
It is no good wishing the likes of Chicorito were coming here,he is a small fox in the box the same as Gayle,what we are short of up front is a big goal scoring target man who can take advantage of crosses.

ex_pat_magpie
21-07-2017, 10:05 AM
He'd do for me, like. Think his wages would be a problem, though.

What sort of wage is he on now. If it wasn't too high, having a top front man like that would be worth a bit extra and I think he's the sort of player to come back to his old form if he was here.

HughieG
21-07-2017, 10:06 AM
I think he would get twice as many goals as Gayle. They may be the same type of player, but they're not actually the same player.

Gayle though deserves a chance to show what he can do, especially after his contributions last season.

sherwoodmag
21-07-2017, 10:28 AM
Chicorito reportedly going to be on £140,000 per week at West Ham,Autonovitch on £100,000 per week.
It depends on how other players react,they could end up with a broken dressing room.
There is a lot to be said for team spirit,Wimbledon in the 80s and 90s were on peanuts but could beat anyone on their day including Liverpool in the Cup Final.

Andy1981_2
21-07-2017, 12:14 PM
So many of the top sides are sitting on quality forwards who are unlikely to play regular football next season:

Chelsea:
Michy Batshuayi
Loic Remy

Arsenal:
Theo Walcott
Danny Welbeck

Man City:
Wilfried Bony

Man Utd:
Marcus Rashford

Liverpool:
Daniel Sturridge
Danny Ings
(possibly) Divock Origi

We're miles behind most PL clubs in both quality and depth up front at the moment - should really be pushing to get one of the above in on loan.

Andy1981_2
21-07-2017, 12:15 PM
Chicorito reportedly going to be on £140,000 per week at West Ham,Autonovitch on £100,000 per week.
It depends on how other players react,they could end up with a broken dressing room.
There is a lot to be said for team spirit,Wimbledon in the 80s and 90s were on peanuts but could beat anyone on their day including Liverpool in the Cup Final.

The other option is to try and loan in a player - that way the wage thing is taken off the table with the other players (it's not set by the club, it's only temporary, perhaps the club only pay a portion of it etc.)

Jammy89
21-07-2017, 07:48 PM
Remy has left Chelski i think?

But agree with your point Andy.

sherwoodmag
22-07-2017, 09:14 AM
So many of the top sides are sitting on quality forwards who are unlikely to play regular football next season:

Chelsea:
Michy Batshuayi
Loic Remy

Arsenal:
Theo Walcott
Danny Welbeck

Man City:
Wilfried Bony

Man Utd:
Marcus Rashford

Liverpool:
Daniel Sturridge
Danny Ings
(possibly) Divock Origi

We're miles behind most PL clubs in both quality and depth up front at the moment - should really be pushing to get one of the above in on loan. You can knock Rashford off that list he is first team,Welbeck and Sturridge are going nowhere.

ghostrider
22-07-2017, 09:34 AM
Let's not write Gayle or Mitro off, or any other player that's going to be starting for us in the forwards ense.
Time will tell quite quickly if we can cope with what we have and it's certainly not a given either way, in terms of good or bad.

I do admit that I would love to have a top quality goal scorer on board. Let's hope it happens...but if not...let's see what's really in Rafa's locker.
Just remember, we are starting the premier season, not under Pardew or McClaren...but under Rafa, who has had time to gather a collective mentality and togetherness among all at the club.

It's a far cry from what we've been used to, so let's ride the Rafa rollercoaster and hope it givces us the ride we hope for.

Andy1981_2
22-07-2017, 10:19 AM
You can knock Rashford off that list he is first team,Welbeck and Sturridge are going nowhere.

It's a difficult thing to call with Rashford - he was pushed out wide last season by Ibrahimovich, and so you'd expect Lukaku will do the same to him this season. Ibrahimovich is making a quicker recovery from injury than initially was expected, and I suspect they'll offer him another contract when he's back too. I think Man Utd will sign a 'real' wide player (Mourinho doesn't seem to rate Martial) and Rashford will find himself struggling for game time again. Obviously all speculation like.

Welbeck is surely now behind Lacazette in the runnings, and it doesn't look like Sanchez or Giroud are going anywhere, so again, where does Welbeck fit? And the discussion about Sturridge and Klopp is now fairly well-trodden, so I won't go over that, but the upshot is that he'd surely want to get out for the sake of his international career.

I'm not saying any of these players would look at us seriously as an option, but I'd like to be in the discussion at least.