PDA

View Full Version : Apollon Limassol - Roll Call, Match Thread etc.

Landvetter83
20-07-2017, 09:58 PM
Tickets on sale online. Mine's bocht.

Mainer D
Driving there
Driving hame
Considine hat-trick ... :)

Should be a huge crowd. Likely several Cypriots so should be noisy.

donsdaft
20-07-2017, 10:04 PM
Main Stand, section E

First time in my new seat, hope I'm nae surrounded by nutters ;D

slyfox
20-07-2017, 10:11 PM
Had to wait a while to get through on line but that's another three bought!

sheepcrooky
21-07-2017, 04:21 AM
Oot
Tenerife
3-0 AFC

awafaehame
21-07-2017, 05:11 AM
IN!!!

Fly home from Abu Dhabi that morning, so will get to at least one European game, hopefully a few more!!!
Should be sitting in my season tickets seats, Section S South Stand, providing the young lad sorts it out.

Not that bothered where i will be sitting, as long as i am there.

Canna wait!!!

Pacman1903
21-07-2017, 05:14 AM
In/Oot-Oot

Furryboots-Atlantic Ocean

Pre- Graft

Post-Reading

Prediction-1-0 us

Skacel
21-07-2017, 12:53 PM
In +4

COYR! let's smash these c*nts and the next round and get in to the groups!

erchieplum
21-07-2017, 05:33 PM
In/Oot-in

Furryboots-main stand same seat different number

Pre- sleeping (get home late from holiday )

Post- trying to get in one of golf clubs for a pint or chip supper

Prediction-3-0 us ( having watched the game last night on il streamio I'm feeling very positive about our new team )

fairliered
21-07-2017, 08:58 PM
Main stand. section E.
Surrounded by at least one nutter!

donsdaft
22-07-2017, 01:58 PM
I'll be in disguise.

I see they've opened the whole of the South Stand for Dons fans.
Hopefully it sells out.

Aldo1983
24-07-2017, 02:01 PM
RDS Upper - not many left
Driving up
Driving back down
2-1

There are no easy teams in Europe anymore ®️

mondo_notion
24-07-2017, 03:07 PM
In/Oot - in + 3

Furryboots - SS SS

Pre - Driving in after work

Post - Sitting in traffic

Prediction - nip this bad euro home form in the bud - 3-0

Heed_Don_In
24-07-2017, 03:11 PM
Paddock :O
Driving
Driving
3-1

Pauldolski10
24-07-2017, 03:45 PM
Aye
Sooth
Driving
Driving
1-1

kkong
24-07-2017, 06:34 PM
14,000 tickets sold before the season ticket reservations have been released.

It's going to be a decent crowd.

mastrick1960
24-07-2017, 06:50 PM
Being a weegie that usually speaks ****e I am in no doubt you don't normally make your self known when up here

Stupie82
24-07-2017, 07:26 PM
In/Oot - in

Furryboots - Lower Rear RDS

Pre - Work

Post - Hame

Prediction - 1-0

donsdaft
26-07-2017, 10:59 AM
1458 tickets left.

Good to see the North East weather has set up a welcome for our Cyprian friends.

Stupie82
26-07-2017, 11:47 AM
1458 tickets left.

Good to see the North East weather has set up a welcome for our Cyprian friends.

Lets just hope it stays for at least another day!!

Good sales on the ticket front, will be a sellout for sure!!

GlezgaRed
26-07-2017, 12:24 PM
In/Oot ~ in

Furryboots ~ South X

Pre ~ Car

Post ~ Car

Prediction ~ 1-0 (Stewart)

dons8321
26-07-2017, 01:04 PM
In/Oot ~ in

Furryboots ~ South X

Pre ~ Car

Post ~ Car

Prediction ~ 1-0 (Stewart)

South X
Train from Stevenage Thurs morning
Beers in town, back to England Friday
3-2

PittodriePile
26-07-2017, 01:23 PM
In/Oot - In +5
Furryboots - South Y
Pre - Pint in Pittodrie Bar
Post - As above
Prediction - 2-0 GMS, McLean

Red_china
26-07-2017, 08:16 PM
while away the hours before the game with this interactive gaming graph

http://kassiesa.net/uefa/graphs/trank-graph-display.php

sort of...
I looked up
Siroki
Dnipro
Gronigen
Maribor
Limmasol amongst others.

KIWIRED
27-07-2017, 03:19 AM
In / RED TV IN Auckland
Pre - Cornflakes and Tea
Post - Going to Work
Predication - 2-0. Not bothered who scores, will take any own goals as well

just do it REDS and please RED TV please work for once

Bridieeater
27-07-2017, 07:29 AM
Really looking forward this.

Fans have to be up for this right from the get go.

However if that f##kin song "shut up and dance with me" comes on again then i'm walking!!

In - RDS lower
pre - getting to game somehow? bus/car
post - bus/car listening to Willie Miller talk about how sensational Ryan Christie was
Score - 2-0 Tansey screamer, Considine heeder!!

87kilos
27-07-2017, 08:46 AM
Working tonight. Wireless for me.

8-0 Dons.

GMS x 2
Rooney, Maynard, Stewart, Shinnie, Christie and the big Iceman.

Gotta believe.

blowupsheep
27-07-2017, 09:03 AM
please RED TV please work for once

^^this^^
In - Red TV International in the sandpit of Abu Dhabi
Pre - few glasses of a nice Red wine
Post - off to bed in the early hours of the morning (hopefully with a smile on my face)
Prediction 2-1 the dandies Rooney (pen) and GMS

COYR
Stand Free!!!

Stupie82
27-07-2017, 09:21 AM
Really looking forward this.

Fans have to be up for this right from the get go.

However if that f##kin song "shut up and dance with me" comes on again then i'm walking!!

Thats with absolute certainty. Along with Bob Marleys "every little thing" and Bowies "heroes". it really is a repetitive, detestable play list at Pittodrie.

Pacman1903
27-07-2017, 09:28 AM
Thats with absolute certainty. Along with Bob Marleys "every little thing" and Bowies "heroes". it really is a repetitive, detestable play list at Pittodrie.

I remember when I was a nipper(in the days where I saw warm ups and nae squeezing in pints) you were guaranteed to hear Go West by the Pet Shop Boys. Still f@cking hate it now

Mek
27-07-2017, 09:29 AM
South Stand V. Taking the old man this time. He hasnt been to a game for a few years (shame on him!).
Driving said old man there and back.
I'll take any score with a clean sheet. Even 0-0 tbh. 3-1 final score though.

Stupie82
27-07-2017, 09:45 AM
I remember when I was a nipper(in the days where I saw warm ups and nae squeezing in pints) you were guaranteed to hear Go West by the Pet Shop Boys. Still f@cking hate it now

Christ I remember that two. Also remember Roll with it by Oasis and the first few seconds of Whole Lotta Rosie (the guitar intro with the Angus bit). Those were the days of Angus coming out into the center of the park and the tannoy many asking each stand if they were "ready".

Aldo1983
27-07-2017, 10:11 AM
Christ I remember that two. Also remember Roll with it by Oasis and the first few seconds of Whole Lotta Rosie (the guitar intro with the Angus bit). Those were the days of Angus coming out into the center of the park and the tannoy many asking each stand if they were "ready".

I remember hearing some might say for the first time on the chart show then hearing it a few hours later at Pittodrie. Good times.

Pacman1903
27-07-2017, 10:16 AM
I remember hearing some might say for the first time on the chart show then hearing it a few hours later at Pittodrie. Good times.

You sure you dodn't mean gadz min

ILikeJam
27-07-2017, 10:33 AM
while away the hours before the game with this interactive gaming graph

http://kassiesa.net/uefa/graphs/trank-graph-display.php

sort of...
I looked up
Siroki
Dnipro
Gronigen
Maribor
Limmasol amongst others.

Interesting to see the Dons, Limassol and Groningen all on pretty much identical points.

In - South Stand away end
Pre - Work / driving
Post - Driving
Score - 1-1 Typical scrappy Euro affair that the Dons should have won 2 or 3 nil but didn't, leaving us with a sphincter puckering pressure tie next week. Go and just win 5-0 or something FFS!!!

redtaz
27-07-2017, 10:37 AM
in +2
upper rds
driving up from central belt , nice meal ( keeps missus happy , nae pies )
driving back
3-1 rooney , christie , arnasson

ILikeJam
27-07-2017, 11:37 AM
Starting lineup predictions?

I'm thinking he'll go for:

Lewis

Logan - Arnason - Reynolds - Considine

Shinnie - McLean

Stewart - Christie - Mackay-Steven

Maynard

Think he'll go for lots of pace up front to pressure their defenders and stop them building from the back.

Feck_the_Huns
27-07-2017, 11:44 AM
Starting lineup predictions?

I'm thinking he'll go for:

Lewis

Logan - Arnason - Reynolds - Considine

Shinnie - McLean

Stewart - Christie - Mackay-Steven

Maynard

Think he'll go for lots of pace up front to pressure their defenders and stop them building from the back.

Aye, that would do for me as well, only possible change might be Tansey for McLean but I'd go with your side

laBirra
27-07-2017, 01:20 PM

Add to that list "Give it up" by KC & the Sunshine band which is usually played as the teams come out after half time.

Hardly puts fear into the opposition.

Get some hardcore dutch gabber on the go to get the adreneline flowing.

At least one positive about Hayes moving on is that they will hopefully stop playing it.

PittodriePile
27-07-2017, 01:29 PM
Add to that list "Give it up" by KC & the Sunshine band which is usually played as the teams come out after half time.

Hardly puts fear into the opposition.

At least one positive about Hayes moving on is that they will hopefully stop playing it.

My favourite had to be "Labour of Love" by Hue and Cry. Perfect selection.

Stupie82
27-07-2017, 02:08 PM
The Human League's dont you want me... was ace at the cup final , but has been played to death since. They played it at Pittodrie on a baltic and dreary day, in a nothing game and Pawlett wasnt even in the starting team... it was the end of that song for me. Utterly detest it now.

ILikeJam
27-07-2017, 02:31 PM
Add to that list "Give it up" by KC & the Sunshine band...

Na na na na na na na na na na naaa! Kari Arnason! Arnason! Kaaaaari Arnason!!

Coming to a ground near you in the very near future.

DJR1979
27-07-2017, 02:54 PM
I was always a fan of the pipe band before the game, might be a nice change on the European nights

jannie_versace
27-07-2017, 03:17 PM
Interesting to see the Dons, Limassol and Groningen all on pretty much identical points.

In - South Stand away end
Pre - Work / driving
Post - Driving
Score - 1-1 Typical scrappy Euro affair that the Dons should have won 2 or 3 nil but didn't, leaving us with a sphincter puckering pressure tie next week. Go and just win 5-0 or something FFS!!!

Aye, these dicey home results are wearing a bit thin now. We need a straight-oot-the-blocks demolition job, a la Waterschei.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfW5NSM1eRc

mondo_notion
27-07-2017, 04:35 PM

Groningens half time tunes were right up my street B)

macattack
27-07-2017, 05:36 PM
Breaking Team News Rooney not in the 18 at all :O Maynard up Front Kari only on the bench >:(
Lewis
Logan O'Connor Reynolds Consi
Mclean Shinnie
Stewart Christie GMS
Maynard

Subs: Rogers, Arnason,Wright,Tansey,Stockley,Harvie,Storey

RedStarTorphins
27-07-2017, 05:36 PM
O'Connor playing instead of Arnason?!

Rooney injured & not in 18
Lewis
Logan O'Connor Reynolds Considine
Shinnie McLean
Stewart Christie Mackay-Steven
Maynard

macattack
27-07-2017, 06:50 PM
Goal Christie!!!

Pacman1903
27-07-2017, 06:51 PM
Yaaaaaaaas

Hairdrier
27-07-2017, 06:55 PM
Yass

:P

InversneckieDob
27-07-2017, 07:02 PM
Some start.

Clean sheet boys, nick another one job's a good un.

InversneckieDob
27-07-2017, 07:05 PM
Anyone got a working link?

Hairdrier
27-07-2017, 07:06 PM
Shocking stuff from the referee.

Really bad.

Hairdrier
27-07-2017, 07:15 PM
Bring on Stockley to break a few heads.

Maybe not...

macattack
27-07-2017, 07:18 PM
Ref Sounds like he is rubbish Reynolds down but ok

irnbru1903
27-07-2017, 07:42 PM
Niggly horrible team as per every team that knocks us out and we need a strong referee to be fair .... could be worse but still falling for a lot of their playacting. We really need a couple more to make the second leg a bit less nerve racking.

Given the evidence of that half I would like Arnason on to tighten us up at the back and perhaps Storey as well as Maynard looks as threatening as Rooney on an off day.

Hairdrier
27-07-2017, 08:02 PM
1-1 been coming

Pacman1903
B@stard

macattack
Here we go again away goal :blue:

irnbru1903
27-07-2017, 08:03 PM
Well done DM. Been coming for ages but too late with subs as always. Another mountain to climb now.

macattack
27-07-2017, 08:03 PM
CMon Kari Lets sort this lot oot :D on for Maynard twice :D no he is on for GMS

Hairdrier
27-07-2017, 08:13 PM
Cypriot player red carded.

macattack
27-07-2017, 08:14 PM
Cypriot player red carded.

aboot time!

NaeMairNeeps
27-07-2017, 08:19 PM
Yyassssss!

Hairdrier
27-07-2017, 08:19 PM
2-1

Yaaaasss

Shinnie

Ajja
27-07-2017, 08:20 PM
get in Shinnie

irnbru1903
27-07-2017, 08:20 PM
yasssssssssssssss

macattack
27-07-2017, 08:21 PM
Yaaass Captain Shinnie :D

Pacman1903
27-07-2017, 08:25 PM
Get another and kill it

macattack
27-07-2017, 08:41 PM
Ach well 2-1 pity aboot the away goal again but something to hold onto 2nd leg!

irnbru1903
27-07-2017, 08:42 PM
Well a win but a game that showed all our usual frailties. Very suspect defensively and in all honesty not really having too many clear cut chances. We deserved the win but have again made it very difficult for ourselves.

Still looking for a decent centre half or left back and a striker that can actually score when Rooney is off form or out.

Stavrum
27-07-2017, 08:48 PM
Well a win but a game that showed all our usual frailties. Very suspect defensively and in all honesty not really having too many clear cut chances. We deserved the win but have again made it very difficult for ourselves.

Still looking for a decent centre half or left back and a striker that can actually score when Rooney is off form or out.

That's the spirit!!!

For our 3rd competitive game of the season, i thought we were decent. Caused them plenty of problems in the first half.

If their boy got sent off in the first half (as he should of) we would of pumped them.

they are a good team, no gaurentees we are through, but we have something to hold on to, and we are capable of scoring over there

cant wait for next week!

NewOrleansRed
27-07-2017, 09:22 PM

We definitely need another striker. Someone good with the ball at his feet and is mobile. Thought Maynard did good off the ball work tonight but is still completely dependent on the ball from the final third. Would like to see a player that can beat the final man with the ball and get one off. Easier said than done of course. I thought Christies support play was a joy to watch tonight. He's some wee player.

There seems to be a lull that kicks in in all our big euro games. We invited Maribor last year and again we let Limassol push back into the game. The sending off was timely as I saw them maybe squeaking another one.

Well played overall though by Aberdeen. A mobile left back is definitely on the wish list surely?

Feck_the_Huns
27-07-2017, 09:31 PM
We definitely need another striker. Someone good with the ball at his feet and is mobile. Thought Maynard did good off the ball work tonight but is still completely dependent on the ball from the final third. Would like to see a player that can beat the final man with the ball and get one off. Easier said than done of course. I thought Christies support play was a joy to watch tonight. He's some wee player.

There seems to be a lull that kicks in in all our big euro games. We invited Maribor last year and again we let Limassol push back into the game. The sending off was timely as I saw them maybe squeaking another one.

Well played overall though by Aberdeen. A mobile left back is definitely on the wish list surely?

Christie is absolute kwality, and if he's not in Strachan's next squad, then its a disgrace. He reminds me on Gareth Bale in spells, especially when he moved to left mid when GMS went off. I don't know how much dough Del has left but I'd be throwing it at Celtic to try and get him here on a permanant deal. Any more performances like tonight and he'll be starring for Celtic next season, he's already better than anything they have in midfield right now.

Maynard? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt!

How many foul throws in the first half?

McLean? Must, and can, do better.

Stockley? What a ****ing miss at the end.

GMS/Stewart? Very encouraging. That first 25 mins, as a team we were immense.

Captain Shinnie? On a knife edge after that diabolical booking, and what a 'king goal.

Good to see Arnie back and him and Tony O'Connor did well together, although I think we will go 3 at the back next week

All in all, a really enjoyable evening. They are a good team but we can score out there, despite the fact we don't have a decent striker

57vintage
27-07-2017, 09:42 PM
Harsh on Stockley. There was no pace on the ball and trying to get power enough to trouble the 'keeper from 8 yards out through exerting the neck muscles alone is extremely difficult.

Landvetter83
27-07-2017, 09:50 PM
Just Back .....

Good to see the old place full for a Euro night like that.

We played some good stuff, especially first half. After HT it seemed we didn't know whether to stick or twist and let them on top for a while. Peach of a strike from Shinnie. Deserved the win.

Handy that the Apollon number 5 was sent off and misses next week. He was their attack-dog in midfield that broke things up. Decent side, but eminently beatable over there. Need to keep their left back that scored the goal under control - good player.

6:00 pm next Thursday at Key West it is ..... COYR!

SmedDUm
27-07-2017, 09:50 PM
Did anyone notice the closeness of the 29 ties? Only 5 of them had a team with more than a one goal advantage. 4 ties had a team leading by two goals going into the 2nd leg & only one team had a 3 goal advantage. Well matched ties right enough.

February_1971
27-07-2017, 10:02 PM
Decent enough in the end, some good football at times.
Christie and Shinnie were very good.

Its a long time since I stood for a whole game at Pittodrie, like the old days.
Weird being in the away end , last time I remember being in that part o the ground big Joe Smith scored a cracker against the Huns in the 70s.
Similar to Shinnies the night.

Bridieeater
27-07-2017, 10:04 PM
Great game, great weather and topped off with a quick chat with Johnny hayes in the petrol station on the way hame. Night only soured by my f#@$ING steak pie being stuck to the blooming tin foil. Does my fecking heed in. Why do the need to cook them in those blooming things.
Anyway, more than capable of scoring across there. Coyr

Feck_the_Huns
27-07-2017, 10:04 PM
Harsh on Stockley. There was no pace on the ball and trying to get power enough to trouble the 'keeper from 8 yards out through exerting the neck muscles alone is extremely difficult.

Was it? Okay, hairy muff, I was up the other end, reminded me, albeit it from a distance, of that sitter he missed v Celtic at the Merkie last season

KIWIRED
27-07-2017, 10:05 PM
We are still in the driving seat. Good to see Todders so full
Captain Shinnie inspirational. At last we have a leader on the park
Everyone played their socks off
Only worry for me is Big Andy and Mark R, they never look conformable on the ball but fair play bags of errort

erchieplum
27-07-2017, 10:40 PM
pleased overall with the result but we could have being going across with the tie all but won.
There were a couple of incidents (in 5 minute spell) where GMS and then shinnie (I think ) could have squared to maynard to stick it away in front of goal , and others where where with a wee bit more understanding we would be in on goal. one where Mclean went wrong way when ball put into box for him to run onto.for example .we were also a bit slack in midfield for periods ,giving ball away cheaply.Had this tie been at a time when we were underway in the league I think we could have cruised it.
When it all clicks into place we're going to have some team :-)
I thought ref had an average game harsh with first booking then lenient for their consistent fouling before finally doing the needful.
all in all it's another "well done boys " with even better to come

Don_Corleone
27-07-2017, 10:57 PM
Got the makings of a really good team. Good performance tonight - fitness levels and match sharpness still improving game by game.

I know folk are saying we need a new Left Back - I think Considine gives us a good aerial threat at back post from diagonals and crosses which is a useful weapon, and does everything else reasonably. Also, GMS gets stuck in and works harder than I thought he would. Every time I watch Christie play he gets better and better.

I think we look a little nervy at the back at times - O'Connor does fine but is very slow, and Reynolds has pace but panics a bit under pressure - Arnason will bring composure but no pace so not sure what the best combination will be.

Up front I thought Maynard had a decent game chasing down opposition defenders and holding the ball up and bringing others into play - definitely more mobile than Rooney and Stockley, so probably a better option in European games.

Glad Wright got a bit of game time too, he's exciting to watch. Stewart will be a big player this season but still looks like he's carrying a bit of excess wait.

Overall, great result and I think we can make it through next week. After that who knows!

ragnarok
27-07-2017, 11:05 PM
It's finely poised at 2-1 but we must be happy to take a lead over there as we have failed to win at home in any of our major European ties in recent years. Having a marginal advantage probably suits us as we have a clear strategy for next week which is to keep it tight and try to snatch an away goal.

Jormungand
27-07-2017, 11:47 PM
Disappointed we didn't score more because that lot were there for the taking - I thought they were pretty abysmal, to be honest. Their forward - number 99 - might have been one of the worst plaaars I've ever seen at Pittodrie. Very confident we'll win over there.

COYR!

TartanIvor
28-07-2017, 02:35 AM
The signs are good that was only our 3rd match off the season and the players are working hard for each other that team are no mugs but a controlled patient game in the heat over there we can get the result we need we can score over there for sure but id take a boring 0-0 now
Shinnie was class after his early booking and Christie is getting better every game COYR

Pauldolski10
28-07-2017, 06:13 AM
O'Connor was class last night. Good performances all round and deservedly take a lead over next week. We are a betyer footballing team than them and that should see us through. Fans were ace last night as well

Aldo1983
28-07-2017, 07:39 AM
I thought we were by far the better team, deserved to win. They'll be confident with the away goal.

What the **** was their manager on? Did anyone see him sneaking back into the dugout?

Anyway...

GlezgaRed
28-07-2017, 08:05 AM
Really enjoyed the game as a whole despite a poor ref.
We look like we have the makings of a very good team and i'm sure the players actually enjoy playing together, the movement and play for the first half hour was a joy to watch !!!

The let down was bad decision making, Maynard trying to pick out GMS when if he passed to Christie its likely a goal in particular and McLean continually getting caught in possession as the boy in X kept shouting out much to everyones amusement.

They didn't like us shutting them down and were panicky in their passing but as showed in the 2nd half if you stand off them then they can pass and move and cause us problems.
As above we could easily see 5 at the back next week and I would also start Maynard as he has good movement and hold up play which will allow Christie, GMS and Stewart to get up and support him.

Confident we'll score next week, will we concede 3 though ?

Aldo1983
28-07-2017, 08:09 AM
Another team in Europe trying to bully us as well and again it didn't work.

If we sign Maloney then we will have some midfield. Wright looks like he'll be a good player this season. Just needs experience now. Their right back was having none of his tricks.

bpdon
28-07-2017, 08:11 AM
Agree with all the above - we were comfortably the better team for the majority of the evening and we had them rattled. We deserved to win but probably should have made more of our dominance.

I find it hard to believe the Cypriots will be that bad again next week - the heat will be a leveler. The away goal could haunt us but I am hopeful that we have enough experience of delivering results on the road to see this through.

I thought everyone did there jobs well. Only question mark for me was Maynard - I didn't think he was very effective or involved. Ryan Christie: what a player - best on the pitch yet again.

Aldo1983
28-07-2017, 08:42 AM
I thought Maynard was good harrassing them, he'll get better too. That's what DM wants the lone striker to do. He was reaching that GMS cross of Christie didn't get it as well.

Stupie82
28-07-2017, 09:18 AM
Good result last night. The key next week is not to concede. I would be happy to contain them for first 20, try and sneak a goal and then see out the game, with us trying to hit them on the break.

I agree with Aldo, i think Maynard will come good. He looks a bit off the pace and is perhaps a few weeks behind the rest in fitness, but there is a player there. I feel he offers something Rooney and Stockley dont. Im sure each individual game will suit each individual player come time and Its difficult having just one up front, especially when it is more suited to a team that breaks, rather than builds up play. Rooney is good for a header though, hence why i prefer him in that lone striker role. I think Maynard would be more suited to a 4-4-2 should we ever go down that road.