PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Benteke offered to United

Tannadicebunnet
21-07-2017, 06:46 AM
Hearing Jonathan Benteke (younger brother of Christian Benteke has been offered to us after being released by Crystal Palace . He didn't do much there but has some talent , pacey with good strength. Might only be rumours but could be interesting.

deebuster
21-07-2017, 07:50 AM
....something about younger brothers......ok....if its true lets have a look.....but the ghost of Rodney is still haunting the club

arab_pat
21-07-2017, 11:08 AM
Sounds dodgy. 3 goals in 40 appearances at a poor standard? For the money we'd pay him why not get a proven championship striker?

Charlie arab
21-07-2017, 11:11 AM
Sounds dodgy. 3 goals in 40 appearances at a poor standard? For the money we'd pay him why not get a proven championship striker?
Stephen dobbie fae QOS

psych
21-07-2017, 11:19 AM

The top division in Belgium is a far higher standard than the Scottish championship and Zulte finished 3rd top last season.

Having said that I have no idea if he is dud or not.

arab_pat
21-07-2017, 12:21 PM
But he did nothing in that division.Dobbie is a better shout for me. He also didn't play for Zulte last seaosn

shedka
21-07-2017, 01:23 PM
Stephen dobbie fae QOS

Very good shout, and agree rodney was the first thing I thought about when in read this

arab_plumber
21-07-2017, 02:10 PM
All I'll say is we shouldn't take a gamble on any players, tried and tested is what we need this season

Mr_Brightside
21-07-2017, 02:46 PM

a) the Belgian top flight is better than the Scottish Premiership never mind the championship
b) he was playing in said league when he was 18. Must of been something about him if he was getting game time at that level at 18.
c) he was bought by a premiership outfit and has been training and learning from strikers like his brother

N'koyi hasn't played at his level but we welcomed him with open arms? Jackie is gone people, the youtube days (allegedly)are done. I'd be happy to offer the boy a trial if there is any truth in this. My gut feeling is that he will end up in the lower leagues down south though.

bobafett
21-07-2017, 03:11 PM
a) the Belgian top flight is better than the Scottish Premiership never mind the championship
b) he was playing in said league when he was 18. Must of been something about him if he was getting game time at that level at 18.
c) he was bought by a premiership outfit and has been training and learning from strikers like his brother

N'koyi hasn't played at his level but we welcomed him with open arms? Jackie is gone people, the youtube days (allegedly)are done. I'd be happy to offer the boy a trial if there is any truth in this. My gut feeling is that he will end up in the lower leagues down south though.

Yep. Anyone who's been around at that level is well worth a look for the likes of us.

arab_pat
21-07-2017, 07:01 PM

And was released by said premiership club after doing next to nothing... this is not the year to gamble in my opinion

ahlltanyirhide
22-07-2017, 10:46 AM
All I'll say is we shouldn't take a gamble on any players, tried and tested is what we need this season

^^^^^^ defo this

LSArab
23-07-2017, 08:01 PM
Just looked up Rodney on the web.

Seems he hasn't played since leaving united.

Rodney played for Netherlands U19s

Proof if it were we should not just sign blindly players that were good at 18 with famous brothers

SmedDUm
24-07-2017, 10:10 AM
Juan Messi, Lionel's 3rd cousin twice removed, training with us at St Andrews.

Mr_Brightside
24-07-2017, 10:51 AM
Just looked up Rodney on the web.

Seems he hasn't played since leaving united.

Rodney played for Netherlands U19s

Proof if it were we should not just sign blindly players that were good at 18 with famous brothers

Never said we should sign him. Brother aside he's been with good clubs and played with good players. If we can get him on trial then that's fine by me. My point is we can't right boys off because we have had a bad experience in the past with famous brothers and youtube signings. None of us know how good or bad this boy is and that's why we have to put our trust in Darren and Ray.

offshore_arab83
24-07-2017, 11:29 AM
I dont trust Darren or Ray

bobafett
24-07-2017, 12:22 PM
I dont trust Darren or Ray

Can't say I'd back them to get every signing spot on but it's no like we've got a choice, is it? We'll sign who they deem right, I'm afraid.

To be fair the boys we've brought in so far in this windae look like upgrades on last year. I'll reserve judgement on the big striker just now, though.

offshore_arab83
24-07-2017, 12:33 PM
Can't say I'd back them to get every signing spot on but it's no like we've got a choice, is it? We'll sign who they deem right, I'm afraid.

To be fair the boys we've brought in so far in this windae look like upgrades on last year. I'll reserve judgement on the big striker just now, though.

Nope, no choice at all mate. Just gotta hope that this season is an improvement on last

bobafett
24-07-2017, 12:39 PM
Got to be, surely to Christ!

An old shed boy
24-07-2017, 12:57 PM
To be going into Saturday's game without a recognised striker is imo criminal.
I know he couldn't account for Keatings injury but to have no backup is not good enough..

TerryTheTerror
24-07-2017, 02:33 PM
Got to be, surely to Christ!

You'd think we were relegated last season. We were a bawhair away from promotion.

bobafett
24-07-2017, 03:00 PM
You'd think we were relegated last season. We were a bawhair away from promotion.
That may be the case, TTT, but we were miserable to watch, more often than not.

Sandeman
24-07-2017, 03:00 PM

:D

Given the fact he has had time to make his transfers, I think we are starting to see the team Ray wants. Saturday was the first I have seen the new signings in action and what has impressed me is the way the team has been altered since last year. More energy, pace, skill, movement and confidence. Not all the signings are going to be bang on, but the signs are good.

I never thought I would say this but, the future could well be a bright shade of tangerine!

huntedbyafreak
24-07-2017, 03:03 PM

Correct. Although it was pretty brutal at times to watch. I still think we'll be difficult to beat at Tannadice. We must improve our performances on the road. That cost us 2nd and meant that we had to play those 2 extra games which meant we were dead on our feet after 30 mins in that last game at Hamilton.

lowlife
24-07-2017, 08:53 PM
Dobbie is supposed to be on very high wages at QOS. Much more than our highest paid player. Local businessman pays all of his wages is seemingly the case.