PDA

View Full Version : so if rafa did his job how much would he have

pboromag
21-07-2017, 07:19 AM
we all are aware we have probably 10 -15 players we could or have gotten rid of

getting these out would release a huge amount of wages and raise some money for the transfers

if you think the following have gone

anita ,goofy ,murphy ,Armstrong on loan sels on loan Sammy on loan but we still have an abundance of players we don't need and could get rid off

who would you let go

I reckon we are paying 400-500 k a week we don't need to be and could get in 35 mill in transfers

apart from those gone who would you let go

me would be mistertrick 60k

colback 35 k

perez 45 k

hanley
lazaar
hayed
diame
perez
saivet
riviere
thauvin
haidara
good
sterry

sherwoodmag
21-07-2017, 07:22 AM
I think Sammy has signed for Bolton,not on loan.

TANYA_
21-07-2017, 07:43 AM

getting these out would release a huge amount of wages and raise some money for the transfers

anita ,goofy ,murphy ,Armstrong on loan sels on loan Sammy on loan but we still have an abundance of players we don't need and could get rid off

who would you let go

I reckon we are paying 400-500 k a week we don't need to be and could get in 35 mill in transfers

colback 35 k

perez 45 k

hanley
lazaar
hayed
diame
perez
saivet
riviere
thauvin
haidara
good
sterry

if nobody wants them, how can we ship them out?
to be fair, only lower scale prem sides and championship teams will want these players, can anyone from the championship match their current salaries?
Take Saivet for example, even the side he was on loan at wont touch him, seems quite happy to sit on his wage packet

ashingtoon62
21-07-2017, 08:49 AM
Thauvin gone..£10 million

sherwoodmag
21-07-2017, 09:16 AM

who would you let go

colback 35 k

perez 45 k

hanley
lazaar
hayed
diame
perez
saivet
riviere
thauvin
haidara
good
sterry Thauvin has gone,we got £9.8 million for him.

Zippity
21-07-2017, 09:58 AM
We need to keep Perez; Hayden will improve too. The rest I largely agree with (don't know enough about Good or Sterry)

NorthernRock
21-07-2017, 10:24 AM
You say you own a business but your posts make you come across like a spotty kid playing footy manager with little to no understand of how finances work in the real world, your using monopoly logic, it's pretty basic tbh mate.

Aye a lot of dead wood needs shifting but that's part and parcel of improving your squad, it takes time, it's not all going to happen in one summer, that's for sure.

Hayden's a tidy midfielder, why would we want to sell him?

Why would you get rid of Perez who also has room to improve? That would leave us with ONE striker...

Colback is not first team but he's definitely a squad player at the minute.

Who are you going to replace all these players with? Use your basic number game of well this guys on 20k that guys on 60k, we'll get 5m for him and 10m for him so that means we can get either a 40m striker or 4 10m players... Who are these players going to be?

It's a TEAM game, not a name game like you like to think it is, this TEAM got us promoted and you can't just ship all them out and **** all over the team spirit, ethic and cohesion that did it's job, you need to improve it over time, for obvious reasons in that you won't get all your targets in one window, you won't get rid of all your dead wood, you can't unbalance the side and you need a ****ing squad...

Rafa will build his team over a few windows, short term thinking like yours is what got us in this mess, which you point out about Shephard and Hall so why the **** are you trying to go on like a "drug addict" with your way of quick fixing, which completely ignores the dynamic of the team, structure of the squad/everyday training, team building etc and is just using the logic of replacing crap names with more expensive names without realising that we could be in the same/worse position... A team needs to be built over time unless you have endless millions, it's long term vision and this is what we've missed and lead to MA mistakes, we now have a manager who knows how to run a club and build a team with ethos... First port of call is to improve the first team, we're now doing that (slowly), so that we have 11 players that are capable of playing his style and do a job (they may just surprise people like you, they didn't do that bad last season) then consolidate our position with January signings if our targets are available.. Next summer will be about wholesale changes to improve us and we'll hopefully have higher sell on values because of our season in the Prem and we'll have PL money to back us.

Short term vision mate, borrow some glasses and you might start seeing what Rafa's actually trying to achieve... Names don't just go together like on a game, they have to be the right people with the right character otherwise you end up with Luque's, Owen's and on the other hand players who see us as a stepping stone like Cabaye, Sissoko et el...

Murphy, Aarons, Shelvey, Hayden, Gayle, Lescelles are all GOOD young English player's who WANT to play and perform for us and Ritchie, Perez, Yedlin, Clarke and even Mbemba(to a lesser extent because of his loan/injuries) have all bought into that and have committed to the team and ethic that Rafa has installed.

If you sign for us, you've got to want to play for us and perform to at least a level where hard work is the bare minimum.

I'd take those "shyte" signings over your unrealistic footy manager *******s suggestions any day of the week and that's why we've got a man with one of the most successful resumes in the league over some prat spouting **** from Peterborough tbh mate.

So yeah, I'll keep my faith in Rafa's LOGIC and EXPERTISE over your basic crap any day of the week matey, crack on ;)

HughieG
21-07-2017, 10:26 AM
I agree with Zip about Perez and Hayden.

The likes of Hanley and Murphy have done nothing wrong here, but should be sold regardless. Riviere and Saivet has been really bad signings in many ways and should also be sold. Diame might be worth keeping if we don't sign a proven replacement, though he was largely disappointing last season and I wouldn't mind seeing the back of him.

^Sure, some money for wages will be freed here, but I doubt it's gonna make a massive difference Pboro. We need Ashley to want to invest, and we need to wait for our turn in the market. I understand why you're impatient - I'm getting that feeling as well.
All you can do is wait and see though. I do have a feeling we will get some good players in before the season begins.

NorthernRock
21-07-2017, 10:38 AM
The difference now is that we have a manager who is control of transfers and that's in our best interests.

Mainly because instead of just trying to buy "purples" i.e players to make profit, we're signing players who are actually going to improve the team and unless Rafa wants to buy/sell them, then it's not going to happen.

This is now key to our development and where we went wrong in the past... Aye the past manager's weren't as good but the problem was their hands were tied every window...

I'm still shocked that some don't rate Gayle, I genuinely think if he gets the service he'll be one of the highest scorers in the league if he stays fit. Yes we need another striker for sure but let's not cast off some of the lads who got us promoted and have potential to play at this level... Shelvey could force his way in the England team without doubt, some of his passing is really special and it will show at this level, if De Jong can stay fit we've got a **** hot combination there, no doubt about that.

Murphy, Aarons and Ritchie on the wings is pretty ****ing decent too with pace and crossing on point and our defence is a much better unit than it has been in the past, Lescelles is another future England player in my opinion Clarke, Mbemba and I'm sure Lejuene are all solid partners at the back..

We've got a choice of keepers with another one on the way so our spine is in good shape in my opinion, especially considering we've just been promoted.

Don't just write off what we've got as **** and try and replace most of them, because a fair few of the lads have and can play at this level and above all the window hasn't even fecking closed yet, judge when it is and at least wait until you see them play ffs

pboromag
21-07-2017, 12:03 PM
you say you own a business but your posts make you come across like a spotty kid playing footy manager with little to no understand of how finances work in the real world, your using monopoly logic, it's pretty basic tbh mate.

Aye a lot of dead wood needs shifting but that's part and parcel of improving your squad, it takes time, it's not all going to happen in one summer, that's for sure.

Hayden's a tidy midfielder, why would we want to sell him?

Why would you get rid of perez who also has room to improve? That would leave us with one striker...

Colback is not first team but he's definitely a squad player at the minute.

Who are you going to replace all these players with? Use your basic number game of well this guys on 20k that guys on 60k, we'll get 5m for him and 10m for him so that means we can get either a 40m striker or 4 10m players... Who are these players going to be?

It's a team game, not a name game like you like to think it is, this team got us promoted and you can't just ship all them out and **** all over the team spirit, ethic and cohesion that did it's job, you need to improve it over time, for obvious reasons in that you won't get all your targets in one window, you won't get rid of all your dead wood, you can't unbalance the side and you need a ****ing squad...

Rafa will build his team over a few windows, short term thinking like yours is what got us in this mess, which you point out about shephard and hall so why the **** are you trying to go on like a "drug addict" with your way of quick fixing, which completely ignores the dynamic of the team, structure of the squad/everyday training, team building etc and is just using the logic of replacing crap names with more expensive names without realising that we could be in the same/worse position... A team needs to be built over time unless you have endless millions, it's long term vision and this is what we've missed and lead to ma mistakes, we now have a manager who knows how to run a club and build a team with ethos... First port of call is to improve the first team, we're now doing that (slowly), so that we have 11 players that are capable of playing his style and do a job (they may just surprise people like you, they didn't do that bad last season) then consolidate our position with january signings if our targets are available.. Next summer will be about wholesale changes to improve us and we'll hopefully have higher sell on values because of our season in the prem and we'll have pl money to back us.

Short term vision mate, borrow some glasses and you might start seeing what rafa's actually trying to achieve... Names don't just go together like on a game, they have to be the right people with the right character otherwise you end up with luque's, owen's and on the other hand players who see us as a stepping stone like cabaye, sissoko et el...

Murphy, aarons, shelvey, hayden, gayle, lescelles are all good young english player's who want to play and perform for us and ritchie, perez, yedlin, clarke and even mbemba(to a lesser extent because of his loan/injuries) have all bought into that and have committed to the team and ethic that rafa has installed.

If you sign for us, you've got to want to play for us and perform to at least a level where hard work is the bare minimum.

I'd take those "shyte" signings over your unrealistic footy manager *******s suggestions any day of the week and that's why we've got a man with one of the most successful resumes in the league over some prat spouting **** from peterborough tbh mate.

So yeah, i'll keep my faith in rafa's logic and expertise over your basic crap any day of the week matey, crack on ;)

oh well youd want to be a pound behind me mate

i didnt read it
i just feel anyone that comes on a forum to write war and peace is a bit of an attention seeker really

rafa has acieved one relegation one promotion that not being funny anyone would have done
and he didnt do it to convincing and he did it short term views

we are now stuck with players he brought in and we cant move henc hampeing our succes in the prem

he doent have one of the best resumes
he has been sacked from nearly every job

Andy1981_2
21-07-2017, 12:23 PM

Valencia - resigned in a strop.
Liverpool - left by 'mutual consent'.
Inter - sacked.
Chelsea - saw out the full term of his season-long contract as interim manager.
Napoli - saw out the full term of his 2 year contract.
Real Madrid - sacked.
Newcastle - still here.

Sacked 3 out of 7 jobs. Nearly half.

pboromag
21-07-2017, 01:59 PM
Thauvin has gone,we got £9.8 million for him.

add it to th ekity with anita etc

Southerntoon75
21-07-2017, 02:22 PM

i didnt read it
i just feel anyone that comes on a forum to write war and peace is a bit of an attention seeker really

rafa has acieved one relegation one promotion that not being funny anyone would have done

we are now stuck with players he brought in and we cant move henc hampeing our succes in the prem

Not many of those players listed were brought in by Rafa?

tinostongue
21-07-2017, 03:03 PM
I think you will find that 99% of football managers have been sacked,it comes with the territory you muppet. Great post from Northernrock btw.

sherwoodmag
21-07-2017, 04:08 PM
I think you will find that 99% of football managers have been sacked,it comes with the territory you muppet. Great post from Northernrock btw. He never mentions every trophy that Rafa has won.

ex_pat_magpie
21-07-2017, 06:13 PM

i didnt read it

So Rafa achieved one relegation. That's a total load of Bollox man. The relegation was caused long before by Ashley's stupid managerial decisions before Rafa arrived.

Ashley is responsible for both relegations through constant bad decisions and penny pinching.

If you can count, Rafa only had 8 games left of which only one was lost.

Look at results and if that is relegation form then you need to learn to count as had that average been attained throughout the season we would have finished 14th with 43 points.

Now you owe Rafa an apology.;D

Southerntoon75
21-07-2017, 06:19 PM
So Rafa achieved one relegation. That's a total load of Bollox man. The relegation was caused long before by Ashley's stupid managerial decisions before Rafa arrived.

Ashley is responsible for both relegations through constant bad decisions and penny pinching.

If you can count, Rafa only had 8 games left of which only one was lost.

Look at results and if that is relegation form then you need to learn to count as had that average been attained throughout the season we would have finished 14th with 43 points.

Now you owe Rafa an apology.;D

Well put!! How about one positive thing to say about Rafa Pboro? That would be even better than an apology! 😉

Nufc24Mag
21-07-2017, 06:57 PM
Well put!! How about one positive thing to say about Rafa Pboro? That would be even better than an apology! ��

I vote for pboro to apologise to Rafa. Anyone else?

Cannylad
21-07-2017, 07:19 PM

i didnt read it

I'd rather read "War and Peace" than the furkin' "Beano"

Southerntoon75
21-07-2017, 07:20 PM
I vote for pboro to apologise to Rafa. Anyone else?

Yep I'm in

NorthernRock
22-07-2017, 07:11 AM
Attention seeker? Self psychological awareness is clearly not one of your strong points, another one you can add to that endless list eh Peterborough XD

I wasn't surprised that you didn't manage to read it... I wasn't expecting you to come back with any sort of counter, I'm way above your pay grade mate, you haven't got the intellect to challenge me on any subject, especially not footballing matters regarding United.

I'm sure if you compared his 30 page dossier on how he plans on improving not only the 1st team but also the club on a long term project to your postage stamp worth of crap you'd have a better understanding of how a successful team is built on a limited budget...

But that's not gonna happen so tick to blindly hating Rafa with no substance, it doesn't bother me in the slightest mate, I'd try to refrain from including your yr3 maths logic though, it's not doing anything for your business acumen.

As you were ;D

pboromag
22-07-2017, 08:47 AM
Yep I'm in

for what getting us down when he accepted a job to keep us up and then played the most boring footy i have seen in the toon for amny a year whilst spending millions doing it

sorry you can sing your songs you can let him say how he loves the area and the people blah de blah
but as managers go he aint the best we have had by a long way and he certainly doesnt play the footy we like

and yes he has won things but from teams already winning

we struggled to impress in many games last season something we never did when chris had us in that league

i hope he does well as any manager

but i really dont want to be watching his footy from last season in the prem

pboromag
22-07-2017, 08:49 AM
Attention seeker? Self psychological awareness is clearly not one of your strong points, another one you can add to that endless list eh Peterborough XD

I wasn't surprised that you didn't manage to read it... I wasn't expecting you to come back with any sort of counter, I'm way above your pay grade mate, you haven't got the intellect to challenge me on any subject, especially not footballing matters regarding United.

I'm sure if you compared his 30 page dossier on how he plans on improving not only the 1st team but also the club on a long term project to your postage stamp worth of crap you'd have a better understanding of how a successful team is built on a limited budget...

But that's not gonna happen so tick to blindly hating Rafa with no substance, it doesn't bother me in the slightest mate, I'd try to refrain from including your yr3 maths logic though, it's not doing anything for your business acumen.

As you were ;D

attention seeker
and then boasts he knows more than me on united footy
really

another plastic armchair fan with an obsession for pboro

ghostrider
22-07-2017, 09:25 AM
I think the only one's I would let go at the minute, are a few more youngsters out on loan and the rest to be given the opportunity to show what they have to offer against better quality opposition.

It might sound silly but some of the players we have can not be judged based on a season against championship opposition, because the two leagues are a different kettle of fish in terms of overall quality.

Obviously we do have some players that have played in the prem but very few as part of this unit.
What we have to remember is, we are talking about this unit under Rafa.
This unit have had little prem time with rafa in some cases and in most....none.

We can't just tear up the whole canvas and set out a blank one, expecting to paint a pretty picture.
I agree that we could do with maybe adding a couple of quality players but overall we really need to see if we can get the inner quality from those we already have and bought, to the fore.

It's not as bad as it appears if we can get some of the quality motoring along.

Perez.
Aarons.
Gayle.
Lascelles.
Clark.
De-jong.

That's just to name a few but also the new additions.
It's not a done jigsaw but it is a jigsaw that is being set out carefully enough to at least give us the chance to piece it together to gain a clearer picture over the coming seasons (hopefully) under Rafa and co.

Let's put it in simple terms .
I'm underwhelmed in one respect by what we've bought, but I'm also cautiously excited at the prospect of some of these so called underwhelming players exploding onto the scene to create a wow factor among us fans and the premier league as a whole.

I'd rather we did it this way than fill the team with over priced big names, only to find it's caused unrest and created another half hearted set of mercenaries that decide where and when to showcase their talents.

If I thought our transfer pot was inexhaustible, every season, like Man utd's appears to be...somehow....then I'd be quite happy to have the team filled with the over-priced, overpaid (sickeningly) mercenaries from all walks of life on this Earth.

The fact is we don't have pots of money and we are also under a NE postcode. That's a game changer.

ex_pat_magpie
22-07-2017, 09:25 AM
attention seeker
really

Contrary to what you love to boast there isn't ONE SINGLE plastic armchair fan with ANY OBSESSION for you Pboro. Only distaste.

Southerntoon75
22-07-2017, 09:32 AM
for what getting us down when he accepted a job to keep us up and then played the most boring footy i have seen in the toon for amny a year whilst spending millions doing it

sorry you can sing your songs you can let him say how he loves the area and the people blah de blah
but as managers go he aint the best we have had by a long way and he certainly doesnt play the footy we like

and yes he has won things but from teams already winning

we struggled to impress in many games last season something we never did when chris had us in that league

i hope he does well as any manager

but i really dont want to be watching his footy from last season in the prem

He won the championship at first attempt. We got relegated as by the time he took over our season was practically over. Need to take some happy pills mate as you're clearly one miserable person

Ever thought about supporting another team? You wouldn't have to moan so much if you followed, Chelsea, Utd or city

ex_pat_magpie
22-07-2017, 09:35 AM
Or the Muckem. he'd fit in well there. :O;D

NorthernRock
22-07-2017, 09:40 AM
attention seeker
really

XD XD XD

Feel free to counter and prove me wrong anytime you like sunshine, I don't think you'll get far but then you're the expert obviously.

I've noticed all you can do when you have no argument is direct a thread towards irrelevance... Fitting though still.

I'm happy to show what I know about United/footy all day long as my posts prove, you however clearly aren't... Delusional ranting, that's all.

No boasting or attention seeking, I only like to deal with facts, sense and logic mate, but I understand your misinterpretation because you know very little about those perceptions.

Apart from your drivel I actually laugh at your posts tbh, but I'm gonna call a spade a spade mate and I've never been plastic in my life.

Zippity
22-07-2017, 09:40 AM
The fact is we don't have pots of money and we are also under a NE postcode. That's a game changer.

Add to that the fact that we're newly promoted and Ashley's reluctance to spend and you've got where we are.

Andy1981_2
22-07-2017, 09:48 AM
yes he has won things but from teams already winning

The facts (http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38196931&p=38588421#post38588421) about history still haven't changed. Pboro, I invite you to click the word 'facts' there to see what they are.

NorthernRock
22-07-2017, 10:12 AM
I think his achievements at Valencia and Liverpool are being vastly underrated tbh.

Mourinho and Guardiola managed it in Spain with endless budgets and stupid amounts of talent on tap. I think you're actually describing those 2 when you talk about walking into successful teams and spending money tbh, I guarantee Benitez's net spend will be a lot lower than theirs and his record stands up respectably against arguably 2 of the best managers in the world, he's not doing bad then...

Winning the league in Spain was an incredible achievement and his tactics played a massive part in that, in a sense he was a pioneer at the time with his formation and style that triumphed over the big 2 and in the process he out-thought his rivals with his footballing brain ... That should not be under-estimated neither.

Clearly a man who knows his **** and has the credentials and resume to prove it, if people actually cared to base their opinion on facts and looked into the mans career before making delusional and/or inaccurate statements.

I've actually had the same opinion of him at times- his boring style, the fact he needs to spend money and has had big jobs... but when you actually delve deeper and consider the way he's built teams, his ethos and how they've brought success then it certainly makes you look at the man in a differently light and that has nothing to do with the fact that he now manages us, its purely down to looking deeper into his career instead of using CONTRIVED "facts" and claims to paint the picture.

Andy1981_2
22-07-2017, 10:31 AM
I think his achievements at Valencia and Liverpool are being vastly underrated tbh.

Mourinho and Guardiola managed it in Spain with endless budgets and stupid amounts of talent on tap. I think you're actually describing those 2 when you talk about walking into successful teams and spending money tbh, I guarantee Benitez's net spend will be a lot lower than theirs and his record stands up respectably against arguably 2 of the best managers in the world, he's not doing bad then...

Winning the league in Spain was an incredible achievement and his tactics played a massive part in that, in a sense he was a pioneer at the time with his formation and style that triumphed over the big 2 and in the process he out-thought his rivals with his footballing brain ... That should not be under-estimated neither.

Clearly a man who knows his **** and has the credentials and resume to prove it, if people actually cared to base their opinion on facts and looked into the mans career before making delusional and/or inaccurate statements.

I've actually had the same opinion of him at times- his boring style, the fact he needs to spend money and has had big jobs... but when you actually delve deeper and consider the way he's built teams, his ethos and how they've brought success then it certainly makes you look at the man in a differently light and that has nothing to do with the fact that he now manages us, its purely down to looking deeper into his career instead of using CONTRIVED "facts" and claims to paint the picture.

I've set out the facts previously, but they're ignored. How you can say Valencia were already a 'winning' club when they hadn't won the thing Rafa won with them for 30 years is beyond me. They won the league twice in three years after Rafa took over. Could be a total coincidence like, but if Rafa is as bad as pboro makes out you'd expect them to go backward, not do something they hadn't managed to do in two decades (twice). But not even a grudging respect can be drawn out of him. We really do live in a post-truth world.

ghostrider
22-07-2017, 10:54 AM
I think what we have to look at, in all sensibility, is what he's achieved since taking over a sinking ship.

When Rafa came, he came to run a ship that had hardly any bottom in it, let alone a hole.
Unfortunately he didn't have enough time to quite close the huge gaping hole, yet refloated the sunken ship the very next season to have us back on top with only bilge pumps to operate our floating ship.

ex_pat_magpie
22-07-2017, 11:05 AM
Well put Ghost. It sums it up perfectly.

NorthernRock
22-07-2017, 01:26 PM
I've set out the facts previously, but they're ignored. How you can say Valencia were already a 'winning' club when they hadn't won the thing Rafa won with them for 30 years is beyond me. They won the league twice in three years after Rafa took over. Could be a total coincidence like, but if Rafa is as bad as pboro makes out you'd expect them to go backward, not do something they hadn't managed to do in two decades (twice). But not even a grudging respect can be drawn out of him. We really do live in a post-truth world.

Exactly.

And the last part is a sad fact of today's society mate.

Jammy89
23-07-2017, 09:28 PM
I think what we have to look at, in all sensibility, is what he's achieved since taking over a sinking ship.

When Rafa came, he came to run a ship that had hardly any bottom in it, let alone a hole.
Unfortunately he didn't have enough time to quite close the huge gaping hole, yet refloated the sunken ship the very next season to have us back on top with only bilge pumps to operate our floating ship.

Very nautical XD

But a good way of putting it.