21-07-2017, 08:07 AM
WTF don't buy kits anyway but if I did I wouldn't buy a blue one

BlockD
21-07-2017, 08:09 AM
WTF don't buy kits anyway but if I did I wouldn't buy a blue one

Thats not blue,its more a purple

JosteinTime
21-07-2017, 08:11 AM
Not mad keen on it, but I haven't bought an away kit since the blue/purple/green sash kit.

BlockD
21-07-2017, 08:14 AM
Not mad keen on it, but I haven't bought an away kit since the blue/purple/green sash kit.

bulmer1889
21-07-2017, 08:23 AM
Background makes it look blue,I suppose we'll find out how blue/purple it is tonight

Still too blue for me

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
21-07-2017, 08:32 AM
Is that whats called in Adidas circles as the "basic" Tiro design,its been disscussed on S2 and some thought we could have had a similar shirt and colour but with a fade to black so making it more better.

Rangers in disguise.

bulmer1889
21-07-2017, 08:39 AM
Goin to cause no end of problems for me watching the boro game on the telebox (comin to a village near you soon rod,promise) havin to cheer for the team in blue playing against the red team,just don't and won't feel reyt

GrayBlade
21-07-2017, 09:09 AM
Hmmm. It's supposed to be purple but on my Thigh Pad it looks a bit blue for my liking.

GrayBlade
21-07-2017, 09:14 AM
Actually it's not as blue looking at this

bulmer1889
21-07-2017, 09:26 AM
Why not use the thread new away kit that's already in use gray,I'd merge them but dont know how to find the URL of the thread (I'm as basic as they come when it comes to pc stuff)

bulmer1889
21-07-2017, 09:47 AM
At least it looks purple now,terrible advertising shot imo,but if it wasn't for the badge and sponsors logo could be any old shirt,we've been fobbed off with this one,it'll be costing addidas f all to produce that and how much are the mugs that buy em havin to pay

JosteinTime
21-07-2017, 10:12 AM
Merged

bulmer1889
21-07-2017, 10:23 AM
At last a mod that can work pcs :star:

BlairBlade
21-07-2017, 10:40 AM
If it is purple then Adidas should have made it much lighter, like the old Anderlecht kit.

Can't understand why go for this colour anyway.

Surely a simple, but classy, white shirt with red or black trim (in case there's a clash with the home side's kit) would have been much better.

Then we could have had a whale of a time with black or red shorts, black or red socks - maybe even white socks. There could have been endless, beautiful permutations.

Carpe_diem
21-07-2017, 10:40 AM
I don't like it, but to be fair no one is forcing anyone to buy it. This season's home kit is awesome, so if you need to get one, get that and just leave the team to play in the underwhelming away kit.

GrayBlade
21-07-2017, 10:53 AM
Why not use the thread new away kit that's already in use gray,I'd merge them but dont know how to find the URL of the thread (I'm as basic as they come when it comes to pc stuff)

Well I would have if I'd have seen it. Don't thee lot start ganging up on me ;D

GrayBlade
21-07-2017, 10:57 AM
I don't mind it and I'll mind it even less if we get a few wins playing in it.

I hated the last away kit but in the end it became synonymous with everything good about last season.

bulmer1889
21-07-2017, 12:46 PM
Well I would have if I'd have seen it. Don't thee lot start ganging up on me ;D

Specsavers ???

blades58
21-07-2017, 12:50 PM
I like it, especially the white trim v neck

Nice simple no fuss design

Just the sponsors on the back and front that let it down, but we have to expect that

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
21-07-2017, 01:23 PM
Actually it's not as blue looking at this

Its very very Cadbury.

GrayBlade
21-07-2017, 01:57 PM
Specsavers ???

Vision express...I've been ripped off.

GrayBlade
21-07-2017, 02:05 PM
Its very very Cadbury.

I like the Cadbury choc colour Chippy., always reminds me of Christmas, but I'm not sure it looks as good covering Jack O'Connell as it does a whole nut bar.

That said I didn't like last seasons away kit at all but in the end it became synonymous with one of our best ever seasons so who cares?

rodcurrie
21-07-2017, 04:22 PM
Thats not blue,its more a purpleLoad of cack changin both home and away kits every year.UTCB

GrayBlade
21-07-2017, 05:38 PM
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/transfer-news/coventrys-infamous-chocolate-brown-kit-4066416

Now this is a Cadburys kit :D

Wow that was a shocker wasn't it?

GuancheBlade
21-07-2017, 06:11 PM
Use your heads lads... Wilder has insisted on it being as close to Wendy's colours as poss without actually using blue so that when we play at the Sty we have no option but to turn out in our red and white home shirt. Genius!

silentjourneyhome
21-07-2017, 08:18 PM

Outside the away dressing room at the Lane is a giant photo of Morgs looking like someone has just upset him.

It's the first thing you see when you open the away dressing room door and basically it is unashamedly saying be very afraid.

These lads are looking a bit fierce though. I suppose I would be too if I had to wear that kit?

bulmer1889
21-07-2017, 10:12 PM
Agreed LST looked much better in the flesh

RavBlade
22-07-2017, 09:59 AM
Agreed LST looked much better in the flesh

Must be me then, I thought it looked awful.

rodcurrie
22-07-2017, 10:10 AM
Must be me then, I thought it looked awful.I'm not a fan of it either Rav but i wunt go as far as sayin awful,it's a BLADES kit after all aint it mate? UTCB

RavBlade
22-07-2017, 10:15 AM
I'm not a fan of it either Rav but i wunt go as far as sayin awful,it's a BLADES kit after all aint it mate? UTCB

Well I may be exageratin a bit Rod with awful, but its not aesthetically pleasing to my eyes. Maybe better with white shorts n socks or white shorts n purple socks. Purple shorts just don't do it for me, looked too much like the a big purple one in a box of quality street.

BlockD
22-07-2017, 11:57 AM
Well I may be exageratin a bit Rod with awful, but its not aesthetically pleasing to my eyes. Maybe better with white shorts n socks or white shorts n purple socks. Purple shorts just don't do it for me, looked too much like the a big purple one in a box of quality street.

Not a fan of the purple shorts,white shorts and socks would be decent

bulmer1889
22-07-2017, 12:44 PM
Must be me then, I thought it looked awful.

I meant it looked better than in the promo pic where it looks blue it's not my thing either

GrayBlade
22-07-2017, 01:03 PM
How about these purple beauty's from the past?

BlockD
22-07-2017, 01:05 PM
How about these purple beauty's from the past?

I like the top one,but not the other 2,deffo not the bottom one

GrayBlade
22-07-2017, 01:10 PM
I like the top one,but not the other 2,deffo not the bottom one

The Midas one was an absolute shocker, I actually didn't mind the middle one, the Wards sponsorship brings back a few good memories.

Darnall Siam Blade
22-07-2017, 05:29 PM
The Midas one was an absolute shocker, I actually didn't mind the middle one, the Wards sponsorship brings back a few good memories.
Yes, Gray,the Ward's sponsored kit does bring back good memories. There is , absolutely, no need to stray anywhere near blue given the number of possible colours and their shades. At the end of the season it does not really matter what we played in (even string vests) so long as we have done well. The kit is the icing on the cake-there are innumerable combinations nowhere near blue though. Why can we not play in our brilliant home kit unless it clashes with our opponents' colours. If so then why not stick to the combination of red, white and black? For example plain white shirts, black shorts and red socks. The kit makers will still get their sales of away shirts without being miles away from our traditional colours of over 100 years.
At the end of the day red, white and blue(unfortunately) are the backbone of most sporting endeavours. Leave the purples, pinks and lavenders etc to the fashion afficionadoes.

blades58
22-07-2017, 05:45 PM
I like the away kit

Simple and not too fussy and I love the contrast V neck as I don't like collars

May treat myself, although don;t buy shirts too often. however, hliday season is upon us and I need to show my allegiance XD

Incidently, whilst Adidas have apologised for fkin up their order processing, leaving us short, it seems Wendy might be in a worse state than we are XD

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
22-07-2017, 06:28 PM
I like the away kit

Simple and not too fussy and I love the contrast V neck as I don't like collars

May treat myself, although don;t buy shirts too often. however, hliday season is upon us and I need to show my allegiance XD

Incidently, whilst Adidas have apologised for fkin up their order processing, leaving us short, it seems Wendy might be in a worse state than we are XD

GrayBlade
22-07-2017, 07:08 PM
Yes, Gray,the Ward's sponsored kit does bring back good memories. There is , absolutely, no need to stray anywhere near blue given the number of possible colours and their shades. At the end of the season it does not really matter what we played in (even string vests) so long as we have done well. The kit is the icing on the cake-there are innumerable combinations nowhere near blue though. Why can we not play in our brilliant home kit unless it clashes with our opponents' colours. If so then why not stick to the combination of red, white and black? For example plain white shirts, black shorts and red socks. The kit makers will still get their sales of away shirts without being miles away from our traditional colours of over 100 years.
At the end of the day red, white and blue(unfortunately) are the backbone of most sporting endeavours. Leave the purples, pinks and lavenders etc to the fashion afficionadoes.

I totally agree DSB, I'd be more tan happy to use our home kit in every away game except when there's a clash, and our away kit would be red or black or a mixture of both.

FatherKnowsBest
23-07-2017, 06:42 AM
While I share the sentiments over red black and white, lets face it. This is a pub shirt. Its the shirt you can go out in showing your allegiances, but not clashing with the wife's new top like red and white stripes do. Plain white shirts with red trim would be my choice for the team, but when you have a 'fuller figure' they aren't very flattering. Purple goes nice with jeans or chino's and isn't so effeminate that manly men, such as myself, would be put off wearing it. I like it.

BlockD
23-07-2017, 07:43 AM
Another away kit i did not like was the black and white striped Premier league one,we have also had the best ever away shirt in football,the lime green 1990

rodcurrie
23-07-2017, 09:23 AM
Another away kit i did not like was the black and white striped Premier league one,we have also had the best ever away shirt in football,the lime green 1990I agree Mr Mod(please don't ban me sir)the lime green one is the finest away shirt i've ever seen,not just our away shirts.I actually liked the prem one my Nephy bought it for me when i was recoverin from my cancer op,so it has sentimental value i spose.UTCB

BlockD
23-07-2017, 12:17 PM
A thing of beauty5573

Always liked it best with red shorts and socks