PDA

View Full Version : FAO Bulmer, JT & Blocky re bans

silentjourneyhome
21-07-2017, 12:19 PM
I don't know how to contact Mods privately (there used to be a complain button) so I thought I would put this on here. It is important to stress that it is only a suggestion for the mods to develop or reject accordingly as you see fit.

There has been much talk recently about whether certain posters should be banned.

Have you thought about operating a card system similar to that in football?

A strong or outright abuse of the guidelines sticky would result in a red card and an automatic ban of a predetermined length of time.

A less serious breach of the guidelines would lead to a yellow card. Two yellows on the same thread would result in a ban.

Any poster accumulating a certain number of yellows (5?) in a period (season?, half season?) would receive a ban again for a predetermined period (fortnight, month?).

Posters could appeal against the ban but a failed appeal would lead to a longer ban.

JT I know you are very good with IT. Could the card actually be shown to the top right of an offending post or would this breach footymad boards guidelines? If it was allowed could the yellow show the on it the number of yellows accrued to date?

Presumably as poster got nearer the yellows that led to a ban they might think twice before incurring another one?

It's only a thought and if deemed not suitable or not possible I won't be offended but I just thought I would at least suggest it to you.

I will now put my tin hat on.

Viva Bladesmad & UTB ;D

bulmer1889
21-07-2017, 12:39 PM
SJH the little triangle in the bottom left corner of the post is the complaint button the footymad network already has a card system in operation which does get used on here as some posters can testify,I think it's 3 strikes and you're out,thanks for the input though it's good posters are thinking of positive ways to improve the board

BlockD
21-07-2017, 01:13 PM
My view is if you`re an annoying Pig,you deserve to be banned,to any pig who wants to converse with us,follow Leslie`s and Aussie before he had his flounce example.

Good idea SJH

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
21-07-2017, 01:31 PM
How long do the strikes stay on one's record.

Ayamonteblade
21-07-2017, 01:42 PM
How long do the strikes stay on one's record.

5 years...alternatively you can go on a BMad awareness course for £70

bulmer1889
21-07-2017, 01:44 PM
XD XD XD like it monte

bulmer1889
21-07-2017, 01:54 PM
Just had a look in the office not been in for a while our length of ban has a default setting of 7 days but we can choose from 1 day onwards hope this helps

JosteinTime
21-07-2017, 02:46 PM
With the Footymad boards, it's very much a case of we have to use the tools that are available. Development of certain features on the board is out of our hands. However, like Bully said, there is an 'Infraction' system already in place (red/yellow cards etc) ... although I haven't had a proper look at it yet.

A good example of this is the loss of the much-coveted 'Like' button ;) ... Oh to be liked again ...

rodcurrie
21-07-2017, 04:17 PM
5 years...alternatively you can go on a BMad awareness course for £70I thought TT said you were gettin Banned Monte.UTCB

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
21-07-2017, 04:29 PM
5 years...alternatively you can go on a BMad awareness course for £70

Ayamonteblade
21-07-2017, 04:32 PM
I thought TT said you were gettin Banned Monte.UTCB

only in TT's world Rod XD

tomytony
21-07-2017, 05:30 PM
only in TT's world Rod XD

Another comprehension fail for Rod there.

I said that your admission of baiting was against one of JT's published guidelines and mad eyou eligible for a ban should the letter of the law be enforced.

I've given up expecting either of you to comprehend and interpret basic English so yes Aya, I thank God I am not in your world.

Seems to me you've got a bit of role reversal going on with you attempting to operate a sat nav( ineptly) and Rod forever ironing. :)

BTW your failure with a sat nav must be down to that lack of comprehension you display endlessly.

silentjourneyhome
21-07-2017, 08:26 PM
Thanks for explaining mods - understood.

(Someone told me today that my posts are too long so I'm going to try to do every post in less than 8 words this weekend! That will show them won't it? :( )

seanbeanstattoo
21-07-2017, 09:05 PM
How about doing one before you get banned rather than talk utter shyte about things that are none of your business.

WAWAW
21-07-2017, 09:12 PM

(Someone told me today that my posts are too long so I'm going to try to do every post in less than 8 words this weekend! That will show them won't it? :( )
Your posts are decent sjh and a good read.

seanbeanstattoo
21-07-2017, 09:39 PM
Your posts are decent sjh and a good read.

Stop lying.

WAWAW
21-07-2017, 09:47 PM
Stop lying.
Sean.i ain't going to fall out with you.sjh does post some decent stuff and hopefully we can talk about football things etc.it don't have to be war all the time surely.

BlockD
21-07-2017, 09:51 PM

Why change your style SJH,carry on regardless

bulmer1889
21-07-2017, 09:56 PM
As long as I've been modding (honestly no idea it's a few yrs tho) there's a sort of gentlemans code that you don't ban mods I'm not sure if this still exists or if you can ban one anyway,I don't travel about anymore and we only get a couple on here and that's very occasionally,sorry that's the best I can give you,all I'm bothered about is this board I don't have enough time for this as it is never mind any others

seanbeanstattoo
21-07-2017, 10:48 PM
Why change your style SJH,carry on regardless

Absolutely,and you keep modding and not being taken in by this bullcrap oily smarm rubbish our infestation has launched to stay on here.

Can't believe they think anyone believes it. Thousands of utter spam posts and after a few creeping brown nosed ones they think theyre home free.

rodcurrie
22-07-2017, 08:40 AM
only in TT's world Rod XDSeems like TT(post 12) thinks we're a pair of illiterate so and so's Monte,i don't know how i'll be able to my ironin for worryin.:)2 weeks today and the real stuff starts, i can't wait,what a sad life i lead eh?. UTCB

charliejoejohn2
22-07-2017, 08:55 AM
I'm not one for capital punishment but in naughty grunters cases Strap em to the Mainbrace. Twenty lashes would stop em' or just simply PIGNORE!! :O;D

GrayBlade
22-07-2017, 09:03 AM

You should get a ban for keeping on posting that lefty goon. ;)

BlockD
22-07-2017, 09:10 AM
You should get a ban for keeping on posting that lefty goon. ;)

In the interests of impartiality and especially for Rod and Charlie

charliejoejohn2
22-07-2017, 09:30 AM

In the interests of impartiality and especially for Rod and Charlie. Get her off here, contaminating the forum. She'll ruin it like she did British industry.

rodcurrie
22-07-2017, 10:06 AM
. Get her off here, contaminating the forum. She'll ruin it like she did British industry.I'd sooner un-Pignore the resident grunters than have that(cher) on here Charlie.:)Have no fear tho Blocker's is a very confused soul,he votes Labour but dunt wanna upset his Chuckle sister,Holden/Marvin.:D By the way i'm no lefty or Blairite,i just don't like the Tories.UTCB

Ayamonteblade
22-07-2017, 10:19 AM
Seems like TT(post 12) thinks we're a pair of illiterate so and so's Monte,i don't know how i'll be able to my ironin for worryin.:)2 weeks today and the real stuff starts, i can't wait,what a sad life i lead eh?. UTCB

I see what you mean Rod - hope he doesn't disturb your ironing....sadly I'm still having problems with the sat nav but hey ho, life goes on.

Thankfully two weeks today we will all have better things to worry about :)

charliejoejohn2
22-07-2017, 10:23 AM
I'd sooner un-Pignore the resident grunters than have that(cher) on here Charlie.:)Have no fear tho Blocker's is a very confused soul,he votes Labour but dunt wanna upset his Chuckle sister,Holden/Marvin.:D By the way i'm no lefty or Blairite,i just don't like the Tories.UTCB. I'm on the left Rod and I've had some good discussion with Holden and Erskine on the old off topic board about our friends the Tories. Their policies of the past (i.e. Privatisation of everything that can make money for the greedy sods)are now coming home to roost. NHS next and how about a private fire service and police force!!! The Tories remind me of Johnny Bear who worked at Treeton, selfish *******s.!!

rodcurrie
22-07-2017, 10:23 AM
I see what you mean Rod - hope he doesn't disturb your ironing....sadly I'm still having problems with the sat nav but hey ho, life goes on.

Thankfully two weeks today we will all have better things to worry about :)Talkin of Ironin Monte,i'll have to get on wi today's cos our Gertie and me are off out tonight to my Nephy's 40th doo,and she's told me if the ironin aint finished she'll go without me.She's harsh wi me but i adore her, bless her.:) UTCB

Ayamonteblade
22-07-2017, 10:38 AM
Talkin of Ironin Monte,i'll have to get on wi today's cos our Gertie and me are off out tonight to my Nephy's 40th doo,and she's told me if the ironin aint finished she'll go without me.She's harsh wi me but i adore her, bless her.:) UTCB

You'd better get off this board and get ironin Rod! Keep your lovely lady happy and have a great night :eek:

BlockD
22-07-2017, 11:59 AM
. Get her off here, contaminating the forum. She'll ruin it like she did British industry.

Come on boys,you got to admit she was a looker back in the day,lucky old Denis i say

charliejoejohn2
22-07-2017, 05:26 PM
ive heard a lot of x miners say she ought to be sucked!! ;D

tomytony
22-07-2017, 09:09 PM
Seems like TT(post 12) thinks we're a pair of illiterate so and so's Monte,i don't know how i'll be able to my ironin for worryin.:)2 weeks today and the real stuff starts, i can't wait,what a sad life i lead eh?. UTCB

Not illiterate Rod because, obviously, you can read and , to a degree, write. :)

It's the assimilation and comprehension that you seem to struggle with. Probably why you never question anything your Messiah spouts.

GrayBlade
22-07-2017, 09:21 PM
Come on TT and Rodders. Get a room, make up an lay back and think of Maggie. :heart:

tomytony
22-07-2017, 09:24 PM
Come on TT and Rodders. Get a room, make up an lay back and think of Maggie. :heart:

I often do GB, it's the wife's name !

GrayBlade
23-07-2017, 12:08 AM
I often do GB, it's the wife's name !

What a lovely name TT.

rodcurrie
23-07-2017, 09:32 AM
Come on TT and Rodders. Get a room, make up an lay back and think of Maggie. :heart:No need for a room Gray mi owd,i actually like TT,i just disagree abart his constant slammin of our owner that's all.He seems to think cos i refuse to blame King kev for everythin from bad weather to the price of ale that i don't see his mistakes,which is wrong but as ya know in TT's head he's never wrong.:) UTCB

tomytony
23-07-2017, 01:04 PM
No need for a room Gray mi owd,i actually like TT,i just disagree abart his constant slammin of our owner that's all.He seems to think cos i refuse to blame King kev for everythin from bad weather to the price of ale that i don't see his mistakes,which is wrong but as ya know in TT's head he's never wrong.:) UTCB

I'm often wrong Rod, but not about McC. :)

I do have some contacts if you and him wanted to fully consummate your own love in.

rodcurrie
23-07-2017, 01:08 PM
I'm often wrong Rod, but not about McC. :)

I do have some contacts if you and him wanted to fully consummate your own love in.What a strange man you appear to be TT,luv in indeed.:) UTCB

tomytony
23-07-2017, 01:28 PM
What a strange man you appear to be TT,luv in indeed.:) UTCB

Strange?

What would be strange is if you had taken up my offer to sort out a room for you and McC............................................... .....................

but then again, thinking about it .........:)

rodcurrie
23-07-2017, 01:34 PM
Strange?

What would be strange is if you had taken up my offer to sort out a room for you and McC............................................... .....................

but then again, thinking about it .........:)Oh dearie me,Judith.:) UTCB

tomytony
23-07-2017, 01:57 PM
Oh dearie me,Judith.:) UTCB

Nowt major booked until September Rod then it's a month round France & Spain in the motorhome.

Might squeeze in a couple of weeks around England before that.

Yorks going well at 86-1 off 7 overs