View Full Version : O/T RIP ChesterBenningtom

forwardmagpie
21-07-2017, 01:01 PM
Another too young.
Meteora is one of my favourite albums

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40676530

TedBovisPie
21-07-2017, 01:13 PM
Pity he couldn't have used some of that money he made to get himself some help. That's 6 kids without a dad.

jackal2
21-07-2017, 01:51 PM
Very sad. I'm not into the mawkish sentimentality and gushing posthumous tributes that so often accompany news of celebrities passing, because I didn't know these individuals personally, but I've got no problem with saying I liked Linkin Park's music. I bought Hybrid Theory and Meteora when I was a bit younger because the 'nu-metal' thing sounded a bit different and I liked the intensity of Linkin Park's sound. Chester Bennington had that great ability to effectively scream in tune, and at the same time he could tone it down to a quieter, more melodic vocal not dissimilar in style (but different musically) from Corey Taylor of Slipknot.

Unfortunately, creative talent and emotional vulnerability tend to go hand in hand.

RIP

Vladpie
21-07-2017, 01:53 PM
Sorry, didn't like the music and leaving behind 6 kids is a weak and selfish act.

BigFatPie
21-07-2017, 01:57 PM
Vlad putting in his application to join the Samaritans there.

jackal2
21-07-2017, 02:44 PM
Leaving behind 6 kids is a weak and selfish act.

Can't dispute that. You don't choose to be brought into the world by your parents, but if you've created a life yourself (or six lives in this case) then your first thought and responsibility should be to them, not yourself, no matter how dreadful you may feel.

I recognise that wealth and a (hopefully loving) family is no defence against the horrors of depression, but there is no mitigation for neglecting your responsibilities as a parent.

countygump
21-07-2017, 03:17 PM
Can't dispute that. You don't choose to be brought into the world by your parents, but if you've created a life yourself (or six lives in this case) then your first thought and responsibility should be to them, not yourself, no matter how dreadful you may feel.

I recognise that wealth and a (hopefully loving) family is no defence against the horrors of depression, but there is no mitigation for neglecting your responsibilities as a parent.

It's just so sad. That anyone could get to such a state that they feel that their only option is to end their life.

crazyfists
21-07-2017, 03:58 PM
It's just so sad. That anyone could get to such a state that they feel that their only option is to end their life.

This for me. It's not like suicidal people think if I kill myself my kids will suffer then do it anyway, they feel they have no other option. It must be terrible to feel that way and mental health is a massively misunderstood illness. I grew up listening to his music and it helped me through some bad times hearing other people felt that way.

RIP Chester.

jackal2
21-07-2017, 04:43 PM
It's not like suicidal people think if I kill myself my kids will suffer then do it anyway, they feel they have no other option. It must be terrible to feel that way and mental health is a massively misunderstood illness.

I realise this is true, hence why my comments were more measured than Vlad's. You could quite legitimately reverse the argument and say it is selfish for others (for their benefit) to expect someone in such torment to fight on.

However, on balance, I would still say that when you bring another life into the world your level of responsibility goes to a new level and you forego the moral right to act purely on your own feelings.

I'm not a counsellor, and I know the worst thing you can tell a depressed person is to just 'cheer up' and realise how lucky they are, but I would imagine if you're dealing with someone in the depths of depression who is not thinking rationally, you have to try, albeit gently, to bring them back to some sort of rationality and an awareness of their importance beyond just themselves.

SolSigns
21-07-2017, 05:06 PM
He was badly abused as a child and talked about how the experience left him irreparably damaged + one of his best friends just killed himself. Having no empathy for other people is considered symptomatic of mental illness in itself.

Amazing range as a performer. RIP Chester.

SwalePie
21-07-2017, 05:42 PM
This for me. It's not like suicidal people think if I kill myself my kids will suffer then do it anyway, they feel they have no other option. It must be terrible to feel that way and mental health is a massively misunderstood illness.

Well said.

Vladpie
21-07-2017, 06:12 PM
Having no empathy for other people is considered symptomatic of mental illness in itself.

People tend to exaggerate to make their point and Sol does so here. You're suggesting someone is a psychopath because they choose to feel no sorrow for a cosseted, advantaged and gifted individual who chose his own needs over his kids.

If he can feel such a deep sense of loss over a friend, why doesn't the prospect of never seeing his kids again seem so terrible?

This point of view does not put me anywhere near the spectrum.

crazyfists
21-07-2017, 06:26 PM
People tend to exaggerate to make their point and Sol does so here. You're suggesting someone is a psychopath because they choose to feel no sorrow for a cosseted, advantaged and gifted individual who chose his own needs over his kids.

If he can feel such a deep sense of loss over a friend, why doesn't the prospect of never seeing his kids again seem so terrible?

This point of view does not put me anywhere near the spectrum.

He was abused as a child so whatever money he made will only have enabled him to run away from his past into drink and drugs even further. I understand why people say suicide is a selfish act as it is on the family but I don't think it figures in the suicidal mind as the mental illness takes over everything you as a person are. It is hard to understand though if you're not that type of person, I think you have to experience it to see why it happens.

jackal2
21-07-2017, 06:28 PM
Vlad's question is a fair one and certainly doesn't equate with a lack of empathy. His empathy is simply more for the children left behind than the father who left them. This doesn't mean there's no empathy for Chester Bennington or anyone else suffering mental illness, but the biggest victims of his actions are his children.

optipez
21-07-2017, 07:09 PM
Blimey Vlad, I'm not suggesting you have to feel sympathy but a certain empathy wouldn't come amiss.
If your head goes wrong, it's not really any different to your liver conking. Broken is broken. With a broken liver you die from posoning, when your head goes its just different symptoms but your body suffers just the same.

As for the music, loved Hybrid Theory but they went progressively downhill after that for me, became a little bit sucky .
Soumdgarden and Chris Cornell on the other hand were just sublime at their peak.
It's a tragedy that they both thought life was no longer worth living.
Can't help but think that early to bed, early to rise, six months of hard manual labour, routine, a good diet and no drugs, beer or fags would have helped both of them more than medicine and therapy.

SolSigns
21-07-2017, 07:10 PM
You're suggesting someone is a psychopath because they choose to feel no sorrow for a cosseted, advantaged and gifted individual who chose his own needs over his kids.

I suggested nothing of the sort. Lack of empathy is indicated in a range of disorders. You jumped to that conclusion quickly.

The man was a child when many of the events that led to his suicide occurred, why withhold empathy for that child? But why withhold empathy for the man? For anyone?

It might be difficult for Vlad and jackal to understand, but severe mental health issues can lead people to make poor decisions, even to be incapable of rational decisions (like empathy for their own kids... or for others). Blaming people for the results of their illness is pretty heartless, imo.

SolSigns
21-07-2017, 07:13 PM
Blimey Vlad, I'm not suggesting you have to feel sympathy but a certain empathy wouldn't come amiss.
If your head goes wrong, it's not really any different to your liver conking. Broken is broken. With a broken liver you die from posoning, when your head goes its just different symptoms but your body suffers just the same.

As for the music, loved Hybrid Theory but they went progressively downhill after that for me, became a little bit sucky .
Soumdgarden and Chris Cornell on the other hand were just sublime at their peak.
It's a tragedy that they both thought life was no longer worth living.
Can't help but think that early to bed, early to rise, six months of hard manual labour, routine, a good diet and no drugs, beer or fags would have helped both of them more than medicine and therapy.

Cross posted, but that's a good comment.

Nothing (much!) wrong with clean living, but the individual has to consent first (and keep consenting). For some people even that's beyond them.

SolSigns
21-07-2017, 07:15 PM
He was abused as a child so whatever money he made will only have enabled him to run away from his past into drink and drugs even further. I understand why people say suicide is a selfish act as it is on the family but I don't think it figures in the suicidal mind as the mental illness takes over everything you as a person are. It is hard to understand though if you're not that type of person, I think you have to experience it to see why it happens.

This.

Vladpie
21-07-2017, 07:17 PM
). Blaming people for the results of their illness is pretty heartless, imo.

And pee dos, you have sympathy for them, that's an illness.

There are a great many people who would love to have the privilege and adoration heaped on them that this guy had. People like this chuck their life away when poor little souls like Bradley and his family are desperate for a chance to live. Nothing you can say will make me shed a tear for people like him.

Many people really do live a **** life and battle on through adversity, they don't just give up and he had access to all the help possible.

SolSigns
21-07-2017, 07:39 PM
And pee dos, you have sympathy for them, that's an illness.

Sympathy is not clinically defined as an illness. I think you know you're being unjustifiably heartless and you're just trying to deflect attention.

SmiffyPie
21-07-2017, 08:00 PM
Another too young.
Meteora is one of my favourite albums

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40676530I don't get the "Another too young"? By all accounts he shuffled off this mortal coil of his own accord? A very sad situation for anyone to be in no doubt.

Vladpie
21-07-2017, 08:05 PM
Sympathy is not clinically defined as an illness. I think you know you're being unjustifiably heartless and you're just trying to deflect attention.

Post deleted

SolSigns
21-07-2017, 08:47 PM
I know you're not that much of an idiot, I meant that pee do filia is an illness not sympathy, do you have sympathy for them or are you choosy, does your sympathy just extend to your fav rock icons?

I need to deflect nothing, there are far more deserving of my sympathy than this weakling.

I had no idea what "pee dos" meant! That's what happens when you make up spellings ;)

Suggest you also check the difference between sympathy and empathy. The terms sound similar but are not interchangeable.

jackal2
21-07-2017, 08:48 PM

You might not be far wrong with that assessment, optipez.

Vladpie
21-07-2017, 08:59 PM
I had no idea what "pee dos" meant! That's what happens when you make up spellings ;)

Suggest you also check the difference between sympathy and empathy. The terms sound similar but are not interchangeable.

It gets censored out so I improvised as most do

I'm fully aware of the difference between the two words, anyone can have empathy, if I see a bloke swimming across a river and being eaten by a Crocodile, I can possibly understand how he feels but he probably won't get any sympathy from me fro swimming in a river full of Crocodiles.

SolSigns
21-07-2017, 09:00 PM
You might not be far wrong with that assessment, optipez.

Would you also tell a paraplegic they need to do more squats?

SolSigns
21-07-2017, 09:01 PM
It gets censored out so I improvised as most do

I'm fully aware of the difference between the two words, anyone can have empathy, if I see a bloke swimming across a river and being eaten by a Crocodile, I can possibly understand how he feels but he probably won't get any sympathy from me fro swimming in a river full of Crocodiles.

We were talking about empathy for Chester Bennington, what does sympathy for pedophiles have to do with the price of bread?

Vladpie
21-07-2017, 09:17 PM
We were talking about empathy for Chester Bennington, what does sympathy for pedophiles have to do with the price of bread?

You suggested I was insensitive perhaps even with my own mental health issues for having no compassion for the results of an illness, pee do filia is an ilness, do you have sympathy for them or just rock stars?

Vladpie
21-07-2017, 09:19 PM

Paraplegics have more guts than that guy did.

jackal2
21-07-2017, 10:16 PM

No, for obvious reasons.

It's well documented that the right type of mental stimulation and a high level of physical activity on a regular basis both release endorphins which can reduce the likelihood of depression. In contrast, it is also known that long spells of inactivity, such as long-term unemployment for example, can greatly increase a person's susceptibility to depression.

I think the point optipez was making is that the so-called "rock and roll" lifestyle isn't the healthiest in many ways and could increase the chances of depression for those susceptible to it, compared with other lifestyles based around more solid routines and healthier living.

SolSigns
21-07-2017, 11:22 PM
No, for obvious reasons.

It's well documented that the right type of mental stimulation and a high level of physical activity on a regular basis both release endorphins which can reduce the likelihood of depression. In contrast, it is also known that long spells of inactivity, such as long-term unemployment for example, can greatly increase a person's susceptibility to depression.

I think the point optipez was making is that the so-called "rock and roll" lifestyle isn't the healthiest in many ways and could increase the chances of depression for those susceptible to it, compared with other lifestyles based around more solid routines and healthier living.

There's no doubt that healthy living can help people become more healthy, but treatment for depression is far more complex than just abstinence, vegetables and exercise. Don't you think 'they' would have cured the estimated 350 million people who suffer from depression worldwide if it was as easy as that?

Like the people who tell sufferers to just 'cheer up', you're still blaming the sufferer for their illness by saying their depression is a direct result of their lifestyle choices. Depression can be exacerbated by lifestyle, but the causes are often entirely unrelated.

You talk about "likelihood of depression" and "chances of depression", but it appears that CB was well beyond likelihood and chances. Clean living, without dealing with the causes of someone's depression, is unlikely to change the long term prognosis.

AltyPie
21-07-2017, 11:29 PM
Another interesting thread that seems to have got into looking at the difference between the consequences of mental illness and pdofilia.
My 1st instincts would be:

Severe mental illness can be caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain that leads to depression and feelings that suicide is the only way out and therefore very poor decisions that sometimes lead to death. The inability to be able to prioritise empathy for ones kids over the worthlessness one feels as a result of the illness, is presumably one reason why a suicide can result. It's not that these people don't care about their kids, it's just that their illness has made them do something that looks heartless/selfish. Maybe that's not that well put, but maybe as a comparison, my Dad had alzheimer's. He did some things that a "normally sane" person would not have done. Perhaps the mental illness that leads to suicide can be thought of like this. I think most people would have sympathy for a person with alzheimer's no matter what they were doing.

Pdofilia on the other hand... I'm not so sure I have sympathy with this being classed as a mental illness. One way to see this is that, in the way that a hetero male is attracted to women, a pdo male is attracted to children. It's simply an aberration of nature with all other faculties, including brain function, being normal. In this way, the pdo has the capacity to realise that to act out the ***ual desires which nature has unfortunately given them, is morally wrong. If this analysis is right (and I'm no psychologist so could be way off I accept) there's less reason to feel the same sympathy for a pdo than for a person with mental illness who kills themselves.

jackal2
22-07-2017, 12:09 AM
1. There's no doubt that healthy living can help people become more healthy, but treatment for depression is far more complex than just abstinence, vegetables and exercise. Don't you think 'they' would have cured the estimated 350 million people who suffer from depression worldwide if it was as easy as that?

2. Like the people who tell sufferers to just 'cheer up', you're still blaming the sufferer for their illness by saying their depression is a direct result of their lifestyle choices. Depression can be exacerbated by lifestyle, but the causes are often entirely unrelated.

3. You talk about "likelihood of depression" and "chances of depression", but it appears that CB was well beyond likelihood and chances. Clean living, without dealing with the causes of someone's depression, is unlikely to change the long term prognosis.

1. I never said depression was as simple as that. I was just responding to optipez's suggestion that a healthy, routine-led lifestyle is probably more likely to keep you on an even keel than the rock and roll lifestyle characterised by unpredictable hours, the manic highs of performance interspersed with the dull grind of touring and inactive periods of excessive introspection, and the drug and alcohol culture which so often fills such voids.

2. No I'm not. I said in an earlier post on this thread that telling someone who is depressed to just 'cheer up' was the worst possible think to do.

3. I don't dispute that, and as a Linkin Park fan I'm very sad about what has happened to CB. However, I do think there is a degree of truth in Vlad's observation that - whilst empathising with a person affected by the horror of depression - you cannot entirely absolve someone who does an act which deprives their six children of a father. The degree of responsibility may be open to debate, but some responsibility must exist.

SolSigns
22-07-2017, 04:18 AM
People wouldn't say a paraplegic is irresponsible for not being able to rescue their kids from a burning building, they would probably be very sympathetic to him. Just because mental illness isn't visible/physical, doesn't necessarily mean that sufferers' capacity to behave responsibly is any different.

I agree that it's very sad. That's the point I'd stress rather than Vlad's emphasis on the man's failings.

The-Mac pie
22-07-2017, 08:06 AM
Gosh !
No one would need some of you looking after them if they were ill.

sidders
22-07-2017, 11:13 AM
I think it's good that Notts MAD 'goes off on one' with freds like this one although some posters' inputs merit a severe handpalm.
I wonder how many of you have read Matt Haig's book about depression - 'Reasons to Live' I think it's called. The medical profession regards it as one of the best books of its kind. It's jargon-free and helps you see things through a depressive's perspective.
Mr Haig was a pupil at my own school - Thomas Magnus at Newark - and is an established best-selling author.
How sad that people still see suicide as a sign of weakness. The only sign associated with it is desperation. The psyche closes down and loses the ability to think in a balanced manner, which is why coroners talk about 'taking one's life when the balance of one's mind' was disturbed.
And in its usual conflated style, this fred goes on to make comparison with peadpophilia, which is a condition, NOT an illness. Illnesses usually have a hope of being cured whereas the best a peadophile can hope for is self-control because the condition is a personality disorder created by many factors in a person's upbringing.

PS the mis-spelling is intentional so that the word can be recognised.

Vladpie
22-07-2017, 12:24 PM
Gosh !
No one would need some of you looking after them if they were ill.

Not sure I'd want anyone looking after me who said 'Gosh'

Vladpie
22-07-2017, 12:28 PM
Pdofilia on the other hand... I'm not so sure I have sympathy with this being classed as a mental illness. One way to see this is that, in the way that a hetero male is attracted to women, a pdo male is attracted to children. It's simply an aberration of nature with all other faculties, including brain function, being normal. In this way, the pdo has the capacity to realise that to act out the ***ual desires which nature has unfortunately given them, is morally wrong. If this analysis is right (and I'm no psychologist so could be way off I accept) there's less reason to feel the same sympathy for a pdo than for a person with mental illness who kills themselves.

post deleted

Vladpie
22-07-2017, 12:33 PM
We were talking about sympathy for Chester Bennington, what does sympathy for pedophiles have to do with the price of bread?

Returning to my earlier analogy of the man in a crocodile infested river or lake, for Chester Bennington and his ilk, the crocodile in the water is drink and drugs but they still swim with them knowing the dangers to their mental health, may as well swim with Crocodiles.

Vladpie
22-07-2017, 12:36 PM
peadpophilia, which is a condition, NOT an illness. Illnesses usually have a hope of being cured whereas the best a peadophile can hope for is self-control because the condition is a personality disorder created by many factors in a person's upbringing.

post deleted

sidders
22-07-2017, 02:40 PM
And homo***uality?

This is all about what rings your bell, blonde, brunettes, same / opposite *** or kids, there is no difference at all. There is no proof that child molesters are in the main, victims of any kind, some yes, others no,just like I have a penchant for a gingers, some just like kids, plain a simple.

Not long ago, homo***uals were treated exactly the same as child molestors, tell me what the difference is apart from some flexible, man made constructs of what is 'normal'?

The difference is an entire universe. Pedophiles seek power and control over another being, over someone else's personality. Their target is a victim. They do not see a relationship other than exploitation by them.
Homo***uality may involve some of the above but only if there is an element of pedophilia also present.

SmiffyPie
22-07-2017, 07:09 PM
The difference is an entire universe. Pedophiles seek power and control over another being, over someone else's personality. Their target is a victim. They do not see a relationship other than exploitation by them.
Homo***uality may involve some of the above but only if there is an element of pedophilia also present.You are talking out of your arse sidders.
(No doubt the "targets" are indeed victims)

sidders
22-07-2017, 09:42 PM
You are talking out of your arse sidders.
(No doubt the "targets" are indeed victims)

You are of course entitled to your opinion, Smiffy, but without explanation it's worthless. You're wrong because I think you're wrong... Can't you do better than that?

Vladpie
23-07-2017, 12:45 AM
You are of course entitled to your opinion, Smiffy, but without explanation it's worthless. You're wrong because I think you're wrong... Can't you do better than that?

You're quoting the textbook again, they just want to get their jollles off, simples, too much thinking going on.

BigFatPie
23-07-2017, 09:04 AM
You're quoting the textbook again, they just want to get their jollles off, simples, too much thinking going on.

Thinking too much is certainly something you can never be accused of.

JoePass
23-07-2017, 09:21 AM
Homo***uality may involve some of the above but only if there is an element of pedophilia also present.

Sid..it's *****philes

GranthamPie
23-07-2017, 09:50 AM
Only on NCM can you have a thread that starts as a tribute to a young man with depression, taking his own life and then someone turning it into an argument about child abusers.

No decorum, no shame

Vladpie
23-07-2017, 10:25 AM
Only

No decorum, no shame

Just like the bloke who left six kids with no Dad.

sidders
24-07-2017, 09:22 AM
Only on NCM can you have a thread that starts as a tribute to a young man with depression, taking his own life and then someone turning it into an argument about child abusers.

No decorum, no shame

Trace back the fred, Grantham. Bennington was allegedly a victim of child abuse. Was this a factor in his suicidal tendencies?
I don't think decorum and/or shame are called into question although some posters' assertions are near the knuckle.

GranthamPie
24-07-2017, 09:56 AM
Trace back the fred, Grantham. Bennington was allegedly a victim of child abuse. Was this a factor in his suicidal tendencies?
I don't think decorum and/or shame are called into question although some posters' assertions are near the knuckle.

No Sid... it was the insinuation by the Russian that somehow mental illness and pae_do_philia are intrinsically linked. His first comment stated that he didn't like Linkin Park and therefore he didn't need to comment on this thread. My old mum used to say... "if you've got nothing good to say... say nowt".

For what it's worth... my son (21) was killed in Newark in April. He was of course a big Notts supporter, his coffin was draped in Notts scarves and the music that was played at his funeral was Linkin Park... Numb.

I could of course go on about the depression I've suffered, the suicidal thoughts that I've had, the counselling, the medication.... but of course, it's all in my head and I should man up, I guess.

drillerpie
24-07-2017, 10:15 AM
No Sid... it was the insinuation by the Russian that somehow mental illness and pae_do_philia are intrinsically linked. His first comment stated that he didn't like Linkin Park and therefore he didn't need to comment on this thread. My old mum used to say... "if you've got nothing good to say... say nowt".

For what it's worth... my son (21) was killed in Newark in April. He was of course a big Notts supporter, his coffin was draped in Notts scarves and the music that was played at his funeral was Linkin Park... Numb.

I could of course go on about the depression I've suffered, the suicidal thoughts that I've had, the counselling, the medication.... but of course, it's all in my head and I should man up, I guess.

Very sorry to hear that, Grantham.

Vladpie
24-07-2017, 10:29 AM

Post deleted

drillerpie
24-07-2017, 10:39 AM
Read my man in the river post,
mental illness and drugs and alcohol are just as likely to kill you as swimming in river full of crocodiles if you have mental health issues, he will have known that, self inflicted in my view, did nothing to help himself.

My comment comparing *** offenders was after a post which stated 'how can yo have no sympathy for those with mental illness' or similar so queried if that broad sympathy extended to ped os. Some insist it's a mental illness, others that it's a ***ual orientation, make your own mind up.

I suggest that all you luvies save your abundance of sympathy for those that really deserve it

Grantham, I'm not Russian as well you know, prick.

Bearing in mind what Grantham has just written, and chance you could get a grip and not use insulting language towards someone who disagrees with you, just this once?

Vladpie
24-07-2017, 10:42 AM
Bearing in mind what Grantham has just written, and chance you could get a grip and not use insulting language towards someone who disagrees with you, just this once?

So referring to me as 'The Russian' was a term of endearment then, that was an insult, disrespectful at best I'll dish out according to what comes my way. We've all lost people, you don't know my story and I won't broadcast it here.

It wasn't aimed at you so get a grip yourself

drillerpie
24-07-2017, 10:49 AM
So referring to me as 'The Russian' was a term of endearment then, that was an insult, disrespectful at best I'll dish out according to what comes my way. We've all lost people, you don't know my story and I won't broadcast it here.

It wasn't aimed at you so get a grip yourself

Right. I'm going to press the report button and I hope you get a very long ban.

keldsyke
24-07-2017, 10:51 AM

He can't help himself, I can't remember one thread where he hasn't resorted to name calling, threats or violence.

Vladpie
24-07-2017, 10:56 AM

Snitch away, I haven't done anything wrong, if I get a ban for this I won't be back.

Someone aims a sly little dig calling me 'The Russia', was that supposed to be a compliment? Seems I have no right top respond then of course the usual suspects come along, group mentality, pathetic.

drillerpie
24-07-2017, 10:57 AM
He can't help himself, I can't remember one thread where he hasn't resorted to name calling, threats or violence.

I agree, certainly a lot of my disagreements with him end up with him doing that. I don't mind a bit of message board banter but there's a time and a place and clearly this is not it.

To be honest I thought mocking nurses was as low as we could go on here, but apparently not.

Vladpie
24-07-2017, 10:59 AM

What exactly 'offends' you in my reply? Just curious

That Keld person is a hypocrite, wind up merchant and Troll

drillerpie
24-07-2017, 11:02 AM
Snitch away, I haven't done anything wrong, if I get a ban for this I won't be back.

Mods this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Vlad if I was looking for any excuse to report you I would've done it a few days ago when you insulted me because you were losing an argument about the Italian economy. I didn't because I personally don't care what you think of me but surely even you can see that that what you've just written is in extremely bad taste.

Vladpie
24-07-2017, 11:04 AM
Mods this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I personally don't care what you think of me but surely even you can see that that what you've just written is in extremely bad taste.

Which bit?

Stating that we've all lost people? This is a fact, how can that be offensive?

And, if I'm such a repeat offender it's hardly a 'once in a lifetime' is it. You are one of those that relentlessly pushes people buttons and doesn't like a backlash

keldsyke
24-07-2017, 11:05 AM
What exactly 'offends' you in my reply? Just curious

That Keld person is a hypocrite, wind up merchant and Troll

You can't help yourself, the only way you will gain respect is to contribute in threads without any abuse, try it!

Vladpie
24-07-2017, 11:08 AM
Today, 12:05 PM
keldsyke

Hall Of Fame
This message is hidden because keldsyke is on your ignore list.
View Post

Remove user from ignore list

I Just don't bother with you, you wind people up, insult them then squeal when you get it back - you don't exist

crazyfists
24-07-2017, 11:11 AM
I don't think being alluded to as the Russian is the same as being alluded to as the prick even though in your case it's more than warranted. I don't report people I'd just rather tell you I think you're a c0ck and this board would be much better off without you. Please don't come back and take tricky and tarkers with you, then you could start your own forum where you can insult each other till the cows come home. People on here may get mad now and again, saying things over the top but you three trot out the insults as if you get paid for every offence given and the targets of half the insults are unbelievable.

Then again if you do leave you'll be back in a week like the previous two times you flounced off.

Vladpie
24-07-2017, 11:13 AM
I don't think being alluded to as the Russian is the same as being alluded to as the prick even though in your case it's more than warranted. I don't report people I'd just rather tell you I think you're a c0ck and this board would be much better off without you. Please don't come back and take tricky and tarkers with you, then you could start your own forum where you can insult each other till the cows come home. People on here may get mad now and again, saying things over the top but you three trot out the insults as if you get paid for every offence given and the targets of half the insults are unbelievable.

Then again if you do leave you'll be back in a week like the previous two times you flounced off.

I left once so do get your facts right, reporting you for calling me names.

This is a football board, I use working class vernacular, those of you that try to be clever by dressing up your insults in pretty words are just as guilty, hypocrites all of you.

keldsyke
24-07-2017, 11:14 AM
Today, 12:05 PM
keldsyke

Hall Of Fame
This message is hidden because keldsyke is on your ignore list.
View Post

Remove user from ignore list

I Just don't bother with you, you wind people up, insult them then squeal when you get it back - you don't exist

Even though you don't read my posts 🙄😂 try talking to people correctly and people may start giving you respect.

Vladpie
24-07-2017, 12:16 PM
Based on replies here, we obviously have a new suspect for 'super grass'.

Elite_Pie
24-07-2017, 12:27 PM
We've all lost people, you don't know my story and I won't broadcast it here.

Your story must be a very harsh one to turn you into the vile, warped individual you obviously are.

And don't try and play the victim again with your usual pathetic 'pack mentality against me' whine. People have a go at you because you are incapable of controlling your anger whenever you think you've been insulted. You don't know where to draw the line and think that the bile you hurl makes you look a big man. It doesn't, it makes you look pathetic.

keldsyke
24-07-2017, 12:35 PM
left once so do get your facts right, reporting you for calling me names.

Based on replies here, we obviously have a new suspect for 'super grass'.

Fixed that for you, your last two posts together...... calling names... Big Man 🙄

Vladpie
24-07-2017, 12:39 PM
Post deleted

Vladpie
24-07-2017, 12:51 PM
Having no empathy for other people is considered symptomatic of mental illness in itself.

Here's the first quote that snipes at me on a very personal level in response to saying I have little sympathy for the guy who chose to kill himself, I don't report people like some little child.

Hiding insults behind nice phraseology is still insulting

Elite_Pie
24-07-2017, 01:02 PM
Here's the first quote that snipes at me on a very personal level in response to saying I have little sympathy for the guy who chose to kill himself, I don't report people like some little child.

Hiding insults behind nice phraseology is still insulting

Wow, you really are a self-pitying weirdo. Keep playing the victim by all means, it shows you up for what you are.

BigFatPie
24-07-2017, 03:33 PM
Vlad's certainly got issues, but he's stooped new depths on this thread.

Messages on boards like this are a bit meaningless but I'm very sorry about the loss of your son Grantham.

Vladpie
24-07-2017, 03:42 PM
What took you so long, your pals piled on ages ago

sidders
24-07-2017, 03:59 PM
What took you so long, your pals piled on ages ago

Shall we all hang around then until your pals 'pile in' to back you? I suspect they won't because if they have even a shred of decency about them they will realise that Grantham, a regular until recently on this board, has revealed the gut-wrenching reason for his absence.
Do you really think that calling yourself Vlad and subsequently being referred to as 'The Russian' merits calling someone living through such dreadful times as 'a prick'? If so, you have a very warped sense of values.
And you know and I know you won't be banned because they can't be arsed so stop playing the mood music.

SolSigns
24-07-2017, 04:24 PM
Grantham, that's awful, I'm so sorry. I'd urge you to consider carefully all your support options There are some very experienced counselors around who really can make a difference.

Vladpie
24-07-2017, 04:27 PM
Shall we all hang around then until your pals 'pile in' to back you? I suspect they won't because if they have even a shred of decency about them they will realise that Grantham, a regular until recently on this board, has revealed the gut-wrenching reason for his absence.
Do you really think that calling yourself Vlad and subsequently being referred to as 'The Russian' merits calling someone living through such dreadful times as 'a prick'? If so, you have a very warped sense of values.
And you know and I know you won't be banned because they can't be arsed so stop playing the mood music.

Post deleted

keldsyke
24-07-2017, 04:33 PM
To be honest, I skim read the post and didn't notice his bereavement.

1: That's the problem all the time you type and insult before you read what's been written, you read what you want to see..

2: When you do post its always obscene

3: Probably most importantly you haven't even apologised to Grantham.

4: I suggest you either grow up and act like an adult on this board or leave the board for good.

Vladpie
24-07-2017, 04:44 PM
Post deleted

Elite_Pie
24-07-2017, 04:46 PM
1: That's the problem all the time you type and insult before you read what's been written, you read what you want to see..

2: When you do post its always obscene

3: Probably most importantly you haven't even apologised to Grantham.

4: I suggest you either grow up and act like an adult on this board or leave the board for good.

5. Please can you stop this pathetic "I'm being bullied" approach. Have you ever considered that the reason a few posters are having a go at you is because your comments were out of order?

JoePass
24-07-2017, 04:47 PM
1 My type....you're just a trolling little turd

2. Rubbish, you've insulted me plenty in the past and squeal like your avatar when you get it back.

3. That's not for you to decide

4. You won't make any suggestions to me that I'll consider for a nano second, you only get involved to wind people up, you should be carded for that, bed wetter.

Love getting in from 98f in Spain to switch on my iPad to NCM and see a gud fate. Brill.

keldsyke
24-07-2017, 04:51 PM
1 My type....you're just a trolling little turd

2. Rubbish, you've insulted me plenty in the past and squeal like your avatar when you get it back, my only obscenities are aimed at shi ts like you and btw, his insult an that's what it was, came first so jog off, mums got your tea ready

3. That's not for you to decide

4. You won't make any suggestions to me that I'll consider for a nano second, you only get involved to wind people up, you should be carded for that, bed wetter.

Don't expect to draw me in anymore, you're a little toady

People try to talk to you politely and you still can't help yourself.

Vladpie
24-07-2017, 04:59 PM
People try to talk to you politely and you still can't help yourself.

Idiot

Vladpie
24-07-2017, 05:01 PM
Love getting in from 98f

What's that, the name of the pensioners club?

keldsyke
24-07-2017, 05:03 PM
Idiot

Reported your last post before you deleted it, you need banning permanently.

cher1
24-07-2017, 05:44 PM
Thank you to everyone who has reported some of the posts on this thread. Vladpie is now banned and I'll remove his offensive posts. Things do get heated on here, but there is a line, and it's been crossed. The comments to Grantham are especially out of order, and I'm only sorry it wasn't possible to remove them sooner.

sidders
24-07-2017, 05:57 PM
Thank you to everyone who has reported some of the posts on this thread. Vladpie is now banned and I'll remove his offensive posts. Things do get heated on here, but there is a line, and it's been crossed. The comments to Grantham are especially out of order, and I'm only sorry it wasn't possible to remove them sooner.

Well done, Cher. He will, of course, be back under another name - Genghis? but ye shall know him by the venom he doth spout.

tarquinbeech
25-07-2017, 01:14 AM
Well done, Cher. He will, of course, be back under another name - Genghis? but ye shall know him by the venom he doth spout.

RIP Vlad, we will miss you.....personally I hope he returns as "The Impaler".....the O/T topics will never be the same again....The "Ayes to the left have it"

AltyPie
25-07-2017, 03:40 AM
First – Grantham, I am sorry to hear of your recent loss, any parent who suffers such a loss has my deepest sympathy. I also suffered a level of depression that did give me suicidal thoughts about ten years ago, which is maybe why I have some empathy/sympathy with CB’s death. Time is a great healer, so please stay strong.

2nd – Vlad’s ban : Posters on this thread have used phrases in the past like “vile piece of ****”, accused others of wanting to murder minority groups, and called others a ****. They have not been banned, presumably because other posters did not complain. I was the target of at least two of those rants but never once did I consider calling for a ban of those people because while I may have been angered and offended, I also believe that my right to be offended does not come close to trumping an individual’s right to freely express themselves. If the right to express oneself freely has any limits, they were not overstepped in those posts aimed against me in my view.

I was also banned on here myself for reasons I did not agree with. I did not blame the Mods at that time and neither is this post a dig at them either. Societal political correctness and a group’s right to not be offended by the written word won over freedom of expression in that case and continues to win in our society. Yes there should be some limits to free expression in a democracy, but were they really overstepped on this thread? Who gets to set those limits - an offended group?

tarquinbeech
25-07-2017, 04:30 AM
I agree, certainly a lot of my disagreements with him end up with him doing that. I don't mind a bit of message board banter but there's a time and a place and clearly this is not it.

To be honest I thought mocking nurses was as low as we could go on here, but apparently not.

So not content with getting someone barred and bragging about it, (which is about as pathetic as I've seen on here).....you now drag me into it by saying that "mocking nurses is as low as it gets"......hahahaha......you cannot be serious?.....I told the fool (who started on me first) to go off and empty some more bedpans......wow, naughty naughty Tarkers......you really need to get a life Driller

Wishing the Trews would die was an all time low on here, but I didn't see you bragging about hitting the complaint button.

Hypocrite.

edit - Oh yes, and the other hypocrite that has posted his annoyance, Sid the Bolshie, one of your buddies.......the guy that decided to bring up Mrs Trews personal *** life onto an open forum.....this forum can get a whole lot lower, believe me

tarquinbeech
25-07-2017, 04:34 AM

So it appears that you and Driller drag me into this ****e thread, even though I hadn't even bothered posting on it!!

The mob mentality obviously rules again.....you both need to get a life.

sidders
25-07-2017, 08:02 AM
So not content with getting someone barred and bragging about it, (which is about as pathetic as I've seen on here).....you now drag me into it by saying that "mocking nurses is as low as it gets"......hahahaha......you cannot be serious?.....I told the fool (who started on me first) to go off and empty some more bedpans......wow, naughty naughty Tarkers......you really need to get a life Driller

Wishing the Trews would die was an all time low on here, but I didn't see you bragging about hitting the complaint button.

Hypocrite.

edit - Oh yes, and the other hypocrite that has posted his annoyance, Sid the Bolshie, one of your buddies.......the guy that decided to bring up Mrs Trews personal *** life onto an open forum.....this forum can get a whole lot lower, believe me

Please find where I cited Aileen Trew's *** life (about which I couldn't give a fig). I asked whether she was still Mrs Trew in her domestic arrangement. Whether you agree with the enquiry or not, what's it got to do with her *** life?
How is Driller one of my buddies? I couldn't tell you who he is and though we are both 'of the left' I frequently disagree with his posts.
And why would you call Thordaughter a fool? She went for you first? I don't think so. Your tasteless comment about mental health came first.
You are a piece of work, Mr Beech, and don't I know it better than most on here.

BigFatPie
25-07-2017, 08:38 AM
First – Grantham, I am sorry to hear of your recent loss, any parent who suffers such a loss has my deepest sympathy. I also suffered a level of depression that did give me suicidal thoughts about ten years ago, which is maybe why I have some empathy/sympathy with CB’s death. Time is a great healer, so please stay strong.

2nd – Vlad’s ban : Posters on this thread have used phrases in the past like “vile piece of ****”, accused others of wanting to murder minority groups, and called others a ****. They have not been banned, presumably because other posters did not complain. I was the target of at least two of those rants but never once did I consider calling for a ban of those people because while I may have been angered and offended, I also believe that my right to be offended does not come close to trumping an individual’s right to freely express themselves. If the right to express oneself freely has any limits, they were not overstepped in those posts aimed against me in my view.

I was also banned on here myself for reasons I did not agree with. I did not blame the Mods at that time and neither is this post a dig at them either. Societal political correctness and a group’s right to not be offended by the written word won over freedom of expression in that case and continues to win in our society. Yes there should be some limits to free expression in a democracy, but were they really overstepped on this thread? Who gets to set those limits - an offended group?

"Political correctness" and "freedom of expression", Altypie playing his own game of idiot bingo here.

Vlad is perfectly entitled to go and start his own messageboard and call recently bereaved people whatever names he likes with impunity. It's just the people who moderate here don't think it's acceptable for this board.

FWIW, I don't think posters should be banned either. The likes of Vlad, Thicky and Tarquin show themselves up for the type of people they are virtually every time they post.

AltyPie
25-07-2017, 10:03 AM
FWIW, I don't think posters should be banned either.

Here’s some more idiot bingo for you:
Will you walk the talk of what you say you think and call for Vlad to be reinstated or was that statement just a hollow virtue signal?

tarquinbeech
25-07-2017, 11:00 AM
"Political correctness" and "freedom of expression", Altypie playing his own game of idiot bingo here.

Vlad is perfectly entitled to go and start his own messageboard and call recently bereaved people whatever names he likes with impunity. It's just the people who moderate here don't think it's acceptable for this board.

FWIW, I don't think posters should be banned either. The likes of Vlad, Thicky and Tarquin show themselves up for the type of people they are virtually every time they post.

Hahahaha, you couldn't make it up.....the 3rd person to bring me into a thread where I hadn't even bothered to post (until the Vlad got his ban)......I guess I'd better keep my head down if the Chubby one has me next in his sights......obviously I cannot compete with his rapier-like wit and intellect.....yawn

BigFatPie
25-07-2017, 11:14 AM
Will you walk the talk of what you say you think and call for Vlad to be reinstated or was that statement just a hollow virtue signal?

Virtue signalling.....HOUSE!!

tarquinbeech
25-07-2017, 11:43 AM
Please find where I cited Aileen Trew's *** life (about which I couldn't give a fig). I asked whether she was still Mrs Trew in her domestic arrangement. Whether you agree with the enquiry or not, what's it got to do with her *** life?
How is Driller one of my buddies? I couldn't tell you who he is and though we are both 'of the left' I frequently disagree with his posts.
And why would you call Thordaughter a fool? She went for you first? I don't think so. Your tasteless comment about mental health came first.
You are a piece of work, Mr Beech, and don't I know it better than most on here.

Oh dear Sid, where do I start.

You were heavily involved in spreading rumours about the Trews, which according to Driller is not as bad as telling a nurse to "toddle off Dear, and empty some bedpans".....but according to you "Tarquin started it first for not showing empathy about the guy caught wearing his wife's panties"

This forum has massive double-standards....it's basically ok for some to hound an individual on here until he literally snaps, but it's not ok for me to express my opinion about an anonymous mentally-unstable weirdo wearing high-heels.

It's ok for three of "the usual suspects" to mention me in a thread that I never even bothered to post on....then they sit around bragging about getting Vlad banned whilst they stroke each others egos and fix their target on the next one....but lo and behold if I dare to mention anything controversial.....in fact, even if I DON'T mention anything, I get dragged into it.

As for your last comment Sid, once again you've lost me. You appear to be hinting that you know something about me, that the rest aren't aware of....and you're dying to spill the beans.....we're waiting for you to elaborate or is this yet another example of you ****-stirring to see if you can wind me up.

ps Are you aware that one of your close buddies on here was spreading filth on a Personal Message facility?
I'm pretty sure it came from you, but I cannot prove it....so if Driller is reading this..."this forum can get a whole lot lower yet"

AltyPie
25-07-2017, 11:49 AM

Virtue signalling...

Thought so.

tarquinbeech
25-07-2017, 12:15 PM

Thought so.

Alty - Vlad is extremely unlikely to be re-instated, even if he wants it.....FWIW he backed himself into a corner with the tenuous link between suicide, queers and pedos.....after that, I'm afraid the thread went rapidly downhill and the baying mob smelt blood.

I kept off the thread because I could see where it was headed, and once Grantham revealed the sad death of his son, he should have apologised and walked away IMO....Cher had no choice but to give him his marching orders.

If Vlad wants to come back, then he needs to open another account and keep his head down, though that is definitely not his style

keldsyke
25-07-2017, 12:23 PM
Alty - Vlad is extremely unlikely to be re-instated, even if he wants it.....FWIW he backed himself into a corner with the tenuous link between suicide, queers and pedos.....after that, I'm afraid the thread went rapidly downhill and the baying mob smelt blood.

I kept off the thread because I could see where it was headed, and once Grantham revealed the sad death of his son, he should have apologised and walked away IMO....Cher had no choice but to give him his marching orders.

If Vlad wants to come back, then he needs to open another account and keep his head down, though that is definitely not his style

Ok for what it's worth I think Vlad should be re-instated at some point. However he needs to learn that he can't use the language he does, I'm amazed he's got away with it for so long. You can't respond to every post with abuse, swearing, threats to gut people etc and still be on here. Hopefully the time away may make him calm down. But something had to be done, it's been along time coming and not just this thread. As for it not being his style, I'm afraid everybody needs to act like a human being and not a caveman, after all this is just a football message board.

tarquinbeech
25-07-2017, 12:36 PM
Ok for what it's worth I think Vlad should be re-instated at some point. However he needs to learn that he can't use the language he does, I'm amazed he's got away with it for so long. You can't respond to every post with abuse, swearing, threats to gut people etc and still be on here. Hopefully the time away may make him calm down. But something had to be done, it's been along time coming and not just this thread. As for it not being his style, I'm afraid everybody needs to act like a human being and not a caveman, after all this is just a football message board.

In all fairness Kels, it was me that said someone needed "gutting"......I was aware that this was an old punishment still on the Law Books until 1998 when the Crime and Disorder act was altered.....the person in question was being extremely disrespectful to our Sovereign......I pointed out that evisceration was an option for various treasonous acts including sedition and seditious libel (still a crime in Canada)

Under the common law of England, Wales and Northern Ireland, a statement was seditious under the common law if it brought into "hatred or contempt" either the Queen or her heirs, the government and constitution, either House of Parliament, or the administration of justice; or if it incited people to attempt to change any matter of Church or state established by law (except by lawful means); or if it promoted discontent among or hostility between British subjects. A person was only guilty of the offence if they had printed words or images and intend any of the above outcomes. Proving that the statement is true was not a defence. The common law offence was punishable in the UK with life imprisonment.[citation needed]

Parliament abolished the offence of sedition and seditious libel in 2009.[3] However, there continue to be similar offences in other statutes, such as the Terrorism Act 2000, which criminalises threats of action which are designed to "influence the government" or "to intimidate the public or a section of the public" for "the purpose of advancing a political, religious or ideological cause."[4]

Although the Act of Parliament defining high treason remains on the United Kingdom's statute books, during a long period of 19th-century legal reform the sentence of hanging, drawing and quartering was changed to drawing, hanging until dead, and posthumous beheading and quartering, before being abolished in England in 1870. The death penalty for treason was abolished in 1998.

AltyPie
25-07-2017, 12:44 PM
Out of respect for Grantham I will not be commenting on this thread any more.
I have said what I wanted to concerning the ban in Post 89.

crazyfists
25-07-2017, 03:29 PM
How about tarkers you calling someone gay then another person defends them to which you belittle probably one of the hardest, worst paid jobs thinking you're hilarious isn't on. How about Vlad has no sense of how offensive he is time and again, this time calling someone who wrote a post about losing his son, a prick.

Have you ever thought maybe people are sick of it in nearly every OT thread there is? Other people who have disagreements on here don't time and time again try bullying like Vlad did then when he's told people are sick of it then it's poor old Vlad being bullied.

Like I say posters are sick of it but maybe not of the personality (aggressive and confrontational) to pull him up on it before this thread. I have no problem telling him and think the board would be much better without his bile. For example he could have come on here and said I don't agree with suicide, debated it and then said well I still don't agree and that's my opinion to which it would have been respected. Instead he chose to call a grieving father a prick. You see how ALL this is his fault but yeah poor old Vlad, hope he's not too upset.

tarquinbeech
25-07-2017, 03:57 PM
How about tarkers you calling someone gay then another person defends them to which you belittle probably one of the hardest, worst paid jobs thinking you're hilarious isn't on. How about Vlad has no sense of how offensive he is time and again, this time calling someone who wrote a post about losing his son, a prick.

Have you ever thought maybe people are sick of it in nearly every OT thread there is? Other people who have disagreements on here don't time and time again try bullying like Vlad did then when he's told people are sick of it then it's poor old Vlad being bullied.

Like I say posters are sick of it but maybe not of the personality (aggressive and confrontational) to pull him up on it before this thread. I have no problem telling him and think the board would be much better without his bile. For example he could have come on here and said I don't agree with suicide, debated it and then said well I still don't agree and that's my opinion to which it would have been respected. Instead he chose to call a grieving father a prick. You see how ALL this is his fault but yeah poor old Vlad, hope he's not too upset.

My last comment, then I'm agreeing with Alty....I'm also leaving this thread....one which I was dragged into purely because certain people wanted a fight....anyone can read back through the thread to see the number of times I was mentioned.

This is a public forum....I have an opinion on ***ual deviants, I voiced it....a nurse of 37 years (I didn't know that at the time) became outraged.....I told her to do one without being offensive, simple....it's a footie forum.....grow up.

Vlad got a ban, I agreed with it on the last page....BUT the hypocrisy of certain individuals is breath-taking....they baited the guy calling him "vile and repulsive", not just today but on several other threads over months and months.

Maybe he reached a breaking point, no idea....personally I try to keep my detractors to a manageable number, 6 or 7 is about right, I can handle that number.

Let me give you an example of the hypocrisy.....Sid had his say on Vlad, but this is the same guy that baited PP every time she came on here, dropping hints about "inside info" on her marriage...the same "inside info" that was being circulated in Personal e-mails.......this is the same guy that on the "cross-dressing suicide" thread that you are talking about said "the good news on Tarquin offering to assist the next anonymous car suicide.....is that he won't be on this forum" ie he'll be dead or in a coma himself.....he cannot have it both ways, he's either a caring/sharing individual with his own health problems, or he's just as capable of dishing it out when he wants to?

Now it's up to you, as far as I'm aware....we've only fallen out once ...on the PP thread. I was outraged because I'd already seen the "inside info" e-mails......you can carry this on, or let it drop.....your call, but I won't be replying again on this thread.

crazyfists
25-07-2017, 04:46 PM
I'm happy to let it drop tarkers as the PP thread wasn't even falling out, I just said get out her @rse when she was shown to be lying and you told me to give a man a blowjob which got me mad, that was the end of it though and hasn't been mentioned again as a starting argument. It's interesting that you sarcastically mocked a nurse of nearly 4 decades (after she stook up for someone else being abused by you) and yet I need to grow up?

Any abuse Vlad got then he brought that on himself after months and months of abusing everyone else. To think he's illiceting any sympathy makes me laugh. If you give it then be prepared to take it. After his comment to Grantham then he's not worth anything in my eyes.

Anyway let's move on you're right.

ancientpie
25-07-2017, 04:58 PM

Thankfully until today I hadn't bothered with this thread so I have missed the deleted posts that led to Vlads banning but a few points,firstly I'm very sorry to hear of Granthams loss but Vlad admitted that he hadn't fully read the post before replying & few if any of us knew about this before this thread. Modding on these sites must be a nightmare & a fine balancing act, what offends some people bounces off others & although obvious trolls ie Mike Oxlong are just out to cause mischief most just say it as they see it & many on here including myself have managed to outrage someone along the way ( I referred to Chinese as "Chinks") and a few called for me to be banned. I disagree with much that Vlad posts & he is certainly outspoken & easily wound up but he is also a sensible poster at times & certainly a regular on OT threads which have kept this site alive through the close season, although some may say that this shouldn't make any difference it obviously does or many long term posters ie EP & Tricky for their ongoing childish spoiling of many threads, Tarkers for his (often alcohol fueled ?) rants, sid for some very personal muck stirring & insults to many posters who he disagrees with, myself (a closet racist apparently) & many, many others. I would never call for anyone but a obvious "troll" to be banned whether I agree with them or not, so I hope that this is a "slap on the wrist" rather than a permanent ban

Elite_Pie
25-07-2017, 08:31 PM
Vlad's ban is a difficult one. While it's never good to see a prolific poster red carded, there is a line to draw and I don't think this is the first time Vlad has crossed it. The bloke just can't seem to control his anger if he thinks he has been insulted. If a few words from an anonymous poster can get you that worked up it's probably best he's gone for everyone's sake. For all the arguments I've been involved in I have been called far worse than I've called others. The mods have an impossible job in that they'll never please everyone, but if they let this one go it would lead to open warfare.

ps Thanks to sid - I have a close family member who suffers from depression and I've always struggled to understand why. On the face of it they have an ideal life but still the dark clouds descend regularly. I realised long ago that the 'look on the bright side' approach doesn't work, so I've ordered the book by Matt Haig sid mentioned (it's actually titled 'Reasons to stay alive') in the hope I can understand them better. Finally, sincere condolences to Grantham - you are living my worst nightmare. I can't think of anything worse than having to bury your own child. I genuinely hope you manage to come through it.

Trickytreesreds
25-07-2017, 08:58 PM
Vlads banned?
Outrageous.

He is often the victim of incoming fire and in my opinion bound to get wound up.
There is far worse in here for mischief and provocation.

His temper may be a short fuse, but he is by no way an offender.
Whoever did this, needs to review their modding skills and look in the mirror.

Bugger this, I'm sending a protest to HQ

Elite_Pie
25-07-2017, 09:16 PM

WOW, just WOW!

Trickytreesreds
25-07-2017, 09:17 PM
WOW, just WOW!

Oh shut up you.

I have never banned anyone. Anyone who has been banned from my doing has been through HQ checks.

You are a complete **** at times, you know that?

Trickytreesreds
25-07-2017, 09:20 PM
Oh shut up you.

I have never banned anyone. Anyone who has been banned from my doing has been through HQ checks.

You are a complete **** at times, you know that?

When I speak of provocation, I had you in mind. It is your speciality

SolSigns
25-07-2017, 09:31 PM

XD Ah, so you're an expert on modding too. XD

Trickytreesreds
25-07-2017, 09:34 PM
XD Ah, so you're an expert on modding too. XD

Not an expert at all. But I ban no one without extreme abuse. I leave the rest to HQ.
So up yours sunshine

SolSigns
25-07-2017, 09:37 PM
Not an expert at all.

Considering how you ruined fxxxxx mad, perhaps you should butt out then.

Trickytreesreds
25-07-2017, 09:45 PM
Considering how you ruined fxxxxx mad, perhaps you should butt out then.

I ruined Forest mad ? PMSL

PLease prove that, you sound like EP.

If you want, I can give you the location of every major poster off NFM and where they are now.
I still talk to them on social media in many forms.
You sir are an ignoramus and completely clueless.

This media system killed itself.
You guys have a good network of contact going. I applaud that.
But I'm afraid that unless it is mobile friendly it is on a loser.

Footymad is dead in many eyes. That I find to be sad, but it is what you get from ad bombardment

SolSigns
25-07-2017, 09:49 PM
No, you're right. It's entirely sensible that the redbutt who ruined their own board should have a say in what Notts moderators do on a Notts board. Can't think of anyone better to offer advice.

Trickytreesreds
25-07-2017, 09:59 PM
No, you're right. It's entirely sensible that the redbutt who ruined their own board should have a say in what Notts moderators do on a Notts board. Can't think of anyone better to offer advice.

Totally misses the point
Why am I not surprised?

Whatever you thought of Vlad, is irrelevant

He offers many good topics and opinions.
He gets, much more flak than he gives.
As a result should have at least received a slap on the wrist if he reached the point of offence.
The choice is then his. Carry on and accept it, or tone it down.
I have done this much more than you sunshine. Usually receiving personal abuse in doing so.
I really don';t care as a rule.
Try dealing with 34 cat B prisoners daily, to understand what in your face abuse feels like.
Goodbye

SolSigns
25-07-2017, 10:00 PM
Goodbye

Result!

Trickytreesreds
25-07-2017, 10:08 PM
Result!

wow, delusional

SolSigns
25-07-2017, 10:13 PM
Not even a man of your word. No surprise.

q: what do you call a moderator without a forum?
a: what do you call a ***oholic without a partner?

crazyfists
26-07-2017, 06:53 AM
Vlad's ban is a difficult one. While it's never good to see a prolific poster red carded, there is a line to draw and I don't think this is the first time Vlad has crossed it. The bloke just can't seem to control his anger if he thinks he has been insulted. If a few words from an anonymous poster can get you that worked up it's probably best he's gone for everyone's sake. For all the arguments I've been involved in I have been called far worse than I've called others. The mods have an impossible job in that they'll never please everyone, but if they let this one go it would lead to open warfare.

ps Thanks to sid - I have a close family member who suffers from depression and I've always struggled to understand why. On the face of it they have an ideal life but still the dark clouds descend regularly. I realised long ago that the 'look on the bright side' approach doesn't work, so I've ordered the book by Matt Haig sid mentioned (it's actually titled 'Reasons to stay alive') in the hope I can understand them better. Finally, sincere condolences to Grantham - you are living my worst nightmare. I can't think of anything worse than having to bury your own child. I genuinely hope you manage to come through it.

Great book by Matt Haig, I read it every few months to remind myself how to get through everyday. Clinical depression is very difficult to understand if you don't experience it yourself and I've been told many times to just cheer up or repeatedly asked what's wrong. The answer is I don't know what's wrong or makes me feel like it, you just feel empty and numb inside. Dead really in all but movement. I take alot of medication but then some people like Matt Haig don't take any, it's all dependant on what gets you through the day the best. You get bad times though and good times so if you are dealing with someone who has depression then try not to kill them when they're doing your head in ha ha and in time they'll come out of that bad patch. True they might go into one again at any time but believe me when I say our support networks are our lifeline even if it might not seem like it sometimes.

dam617
26-07-2017, 02:13 PM

All of the above have right-of-centre views of course which you have no tolerance of on here. Ban 'em all and the rest of you can have OT Leftie-love-ins and nod agreement with each other for two pages (two if you're lucky)

ancientpie
26-07-2017, 02:51 PM
All of the above have right-of-centre views of course which you have no tolerance of on here. Ban 'em all and the rest of you can have OT Leftie-love-ins and nod agreement with each other for two pages (two if you're lucky)

Which is why I try to stay off political threads,even on football topics it spills over & people tend to react to the poster rather than the post, it sticks out like a sore thumb that some posters would not agree with others at any cost purely because they don't agree with their political stance.

sidders
26-07-2017, 03:12 PM

Oh you are a bleeding heart, aren't you, Dam?
No one is asking for a ban because a poster's views are right, left, centre or raving loony.
What is your evidence that those on the left have no TOLERANCE of right-wing views? Of course, they argue against them but I have never seen a request to ban anyone on those grounds.
Vlad and one or two others (Oxlong especially) are very threatening posters. If he is that intolerant of having the pee taken in real life I'd like to bet he's been in a few scrapes (all of which he won, of course).
As previously said: attack the post NOT the poster. If we all stuck to that, there would be minimal aggro.

Elite_Pie
26-07-2017, 03:44 PM

If you're not happy with the way this board functions, why don't you go and post on your own?

BigFatPie
26-07-2017, 03:46 PM

Obviously I said in the above post "...I don't think posters should be banned". I've changed my mind though. I now definitely would ban Forest supporting simpletons who can't effing read.

dam617
26-07-2017, 04:01 PM
Obviously I said in the above post "...I don't think posters should be banned". I've changed my mind though. I now definitely would ban Forest supporting simpletons who can't effing read.

As sure as day follows night. You and Elite should share a phone box.

Elite_Pie
26-07-2017, 04:04 PM
As sure as day follows night. You and Elite should share a phone box.

All the posters on Forest MAD could share a phone box and still have room to move freely.

You used to post on there, what made you abandon it?

crazyfists
26-07-2017, 04:16 PM

What a load of nonsense, on nearly every OT thread the right posters ALWAYS gang up together especially Vlad, Tricky and Tarkers often shouting down any opposition with verbal abuse. It came to the point I avoided OT threads as there was no point anymore as a sensible debate is beyond the above without resorting to verbals. Then the one thread Vlad gets told about himself (AFTER calling a bereaved parent a prick and numerous deleted posts) and all his little buddies start standing on their desks like dead poets society over him.

There's nothing worse than bullies who cry like babies when they get abit back.