PDA

View Full Version : Switzerland

navypie
21-07-2017, 05:56 PM
I don't do a lot these days but have been given the opportunity to work in Switzerland for 6 weeks , gutted I am going to miss the start of the season but not half as much as my wife who is going to have to take my lad , she hates football ! So if any Notts fan is on the 18.10 EasyJet flight from Luton to Geneva please come and say hello , I normally have something with a Notts logo on , any Forest fans , please stay in your seats . The football bit , the reason I haven't put OT is because elite pie , can I count on your excellent match reports ?

tarquinbeech
22-07-2017, 12:05 AM
I don't do a lot these days but have been given the opportunity to work in Switzerland for 6 weeks , gutted I am going to miss the start of the season but not half as much as my wife who is going to have to take my lad , she hates football ! So if any Notts fan is on the 18.10 EasyJet flight from Luton to Geneva please come and say hello , I normally have something with a Notts logo on , any Forest fans , please stay in your seats . The football bit , the reason I haven't put OT is because elite pie , can I count on your excellent match reports ?

Obviously not a proper fan then Navy.......if BigAl finds out, he'll be round your house having coffee with your missus!

queenslandpie
22-07-2017, 06:30 AM

Used to go there a lot never quite got over the fact it was frowned upon if you hung out your washing or cut your grass on a Sunday. Old School.

seriouspie
22-07-2017, 11:13 AM
Used to go there a lot never quite got over the fact it was frowned upon if you hung out your washing or cut your grass on a Sunday. Old School.

Nothing wrong in 'Old School' my lad. You would think the same if you'd been around to learn from it.

sidders
22-07-2017, 11:18 AM
There's a time and a place for everything, Serious, and 'old school' with its thrashings, moral imperatives and ***ual inhibitions died shortly after the second world war.

navypie
22-07-2017, 02:12 PM
Obviously not a proper fan then Navy.......if BigAl finds out, he'll be round your house having coffee with your missus!

He's been around already mate with his big stick, told him as my Mrs will be taking will be taking our lad down he might be actually gaining a fan but I think there is more chance of me wanting Scotland to qualify for a major tournament than that happening !

tarquinbeech
22-07-2017, 03:55 PM
He's been around already mate with his big stick, told him as my Mrs will be taking will be taking our lad down he might be actually gaining a fan but I think there is more chance of me wanting Scotland to qualify for a major tournament than that happening !

His big "stick"......watch out, they'll be having more than coffee then!!

SmiffyPie
22-07-2017, 06:33 PM
There's a time and a place for everything, Serious, and 'old school' with its thrashings, moral imperatives and ***ual inhibitions died shortly after the second world war.Well almost shortly after WWII, just a pity that the better parts of 'old school' died with the bad.

queenslandpie
22-07-2017, 07:45 PM
Nothing wrong in 'Old School' my lad. You would think the same if you'd been around to learn from it.

You're entitled to your opinion but I'm not 'your lad' you weirdo.

tarquinbeech
22-07-2017, 11:48 PM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm not 'your lad' you weirdo.

Calm down Queenie, nothing wrong with a good thrashing.......I love it, Yum Yum

queenslandpie
23-07-2017, 12:10 AM
Calm down Queenie, nothing wrong with a good thrashing.......I love it, Yum Yum

For some reason that doesn't surprise me....! But yes you can't beat the good old days can you. Jumpers for goalposts!

Bohinen
23-07-2017, 06:44 AM
Only on Notts County Mad can people start an argument about Switzerland.

I went there once with work to visit Hewlett Packard in Geneva. They were very smug and awkward, much harder to deal with than the Dutch, Danes or Italians. And I have been there on holiday loads of times, mostly driving through to Italy. All I can say is if you go, take plenty of money with you. They like money.