PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's game

gwru
21-07-2017, 09:23 PM
Know there's a thread up but this is about the game tonight not personal vendetta's.

Da Ball 2nd half best of the newcomers. Didn't reckon anything to the Ipswich pair Emmanual & Moore. No width. Taylor on the left, haven't we learned anything from last season. Need another midfield player. Vaulks is still our best Right back at the club. Better when Newell & JCH came on.

Silly-miller
21-07-2017, 09:28 PM
Sorry gwru and any who had to read that other post

rolymiller
21-07-2017, 09:29 PM
Thought we played ok. I think our substitutes all lining up distracted our players for the first goal for them.

Usual story though we didnt put the ball in the net when we should have. We still need that goal scorer. Other usual story was FIsher wrong side of man for their second goal.

I was impressed with Yates when he came on and he took his goal well. I would certainly play him in front of JCH who did nowt again.

animallittle3
21-07-2017, 09:30 PM
I try and keep away from friendlies myself , not worth the money and you can look too deep into something that's basically a kick a bout .

I went over to then 4th tier Wigan for the last friendly before the season started .

We couldn't string two passes together , the players looked unfit and way way off the pace , we ended up drawing 1-1 with a scuffed equaliser after Wigan made 7 changes .

We started the season with 6 wins out of 7 and got promoted to the PL .

leedsmiller
21-07-2017, 09:58 PM
Friendlies are for players to develop fitness and understanding and for the manager to assess personnel and try differing formations and tactics. Provided Warne is prepared to learn and to implement change where and when demanded I don't care what the score is, that's totally irrelevant in the wider scheme of things. Hopefully tonight has moved us a few steps closer to having all the pieces in place come 5 August.

(But if Warne was to ask my advice I'd tell him we're only lacking a proven goalscorer, a strong combative midfielder, a versatile, experienced defender, mid to late 20s, and a goalkeeper to compete with O'Donnell :))

craftymiller
21-07-2017, 10:07 PM
You forgot the experienced right back and tricky right winger.

Lolmorgan
22-07-2017, 05:48 AM
Know there's a thread up but this is about the game tonight not personal vendetta's.

Da Ball 2nd half best of the newcomers. Didn't reckon anything to the Ipswich pair Emmanual & Moore. No width. Taylor on the left, haven't we learned anything from last season. Need another midfield player. Vaulks is still our best Right back at the club. Better when Newell & JCH came on. gwru,Kempos post says more or less what you have said,if you think JCH is any good then god help us,it's time to get rid we have wasted enough time on him.Its a kick up the arse he wants & for him to stop thinking ease a great player because he ain't.Its been said we have done recruiting for now,we need a least 3 new players so why have we stopped recruiting it does not make sense with our competitive budget.

gwru
22-07-2017, 07:52 AM
gwru,Kempos post says more or less what you have said,if you think JCH is any good then god help us,it's time to get rid we have wasted enough time on him.Its a kick up the arse he wants & for him to stop thinking ease a great player because he ain't.Its been said we have done recruiting for now,we need a least 3 new players so why have we stopped recruiting it does not make sense with our competitive budget.

Might be saying basically same as Kempo but at least I went to form a judgement. JCH got ability, he'll come good when league season starts. Warney says he'll only bring players in to improve us. Da Ball was the only newcomer I saw with something. Emmanual & Moore, can we send them back. Mcarthy doesn't get rid of players who are any good. Vaulks has got to play Right back, best in that position easily we have at the club. Need a midfield player in. Play players on there natural side. Taylor on the left when we have Newell. Bailey-King not to be seen when same as last season we have no proper wide men.

gwru
22-07-2017, 08:32 AM
Warney post match. Moore was a handful. Must have gone to a different game. Can see his team consisting of non-goalscorers. Players out of position ie Taylor on the left. Mcarthy, Warney not got the bottle to say if they are not good enough I'm not picking them.

millers88
22-07-2017, 09:05 AM
Thought David Ball looked the best out of the new bunch, he's an intelligent player who reads the game well and knows how to position himself well especially just behind the striker where he's got the vision and ability to slip a through ball in to the striker.

Thought Moore looked ok in patches, he made a great run in the 2nd half off a David Ball through pass but really should score if we has any goal scoring ability. He won a few headers as well but ball control looked a bit naff at times so i'm undecided on him atm.

Thought Emmanuel was solid, didn't look anything special but at the same time he looked comfortable.

Ihiekwe looked decent at times as well, put some good tackles in and always got his head up looking for a decent pass which is what i like about defenders instead of just a lump up field without looking.

sCORaFU
22-07-2017, 09:59 AM
Warney post match. Moore was a handful. Must have gone to a different game. Can see his team consisting of non-goalscorers. Players out of position ie Taylor on the left. Mcarthy, Warney not got the bottle to say if they are not good enough I'm not picking them.

I disagree. I thought he made their defence work hard. He put his in head in where it hurts and put himself about. David Ball was the best of the new guys although I thought the 70 minute back 4 were quite good. Dont forget Proctor and Williams were sat in the stand. I'm not saying we will go up, but I feel a lot happier about the future. In terms of goals, I remember a few on here were saying that Ward would not get many last season. Well top scorer in a bottom club was not too shabby was it. Time will tell.

rolymiller
22-07-2017, 10:39 AM
Yep Moore was much better than at the Gainsboro game he seemed to put himself about More. His first touch aint the best but he definitely caused them problems and ruffled their defence. He needs to work on his headers. He won a fair few but needs to direct them better. I think he will improve as well under Warney.

I was a bit disappointed with Da Ball think he got knocked off the ball too easily at times but he has looked good in previous games.

tom12026
22-07-2017, 05:09 PM
I was reasonably impressed with Emmanuel,looked like he could defend which is what I want defenders to do first and foremost.Moore and Ball looked like they could cause problems. Ajayi and Iheikwe looked reasonably solid.The midfield-adequate.What I am saying is we do not have Real Madrid type players but I do not think we have a terrible team either and it does irritate me when people constantly go on about what our players cannot do.I am sure that we will lose the odd game this season but I have a feeling we will win more.

Over to you with the cold water.

Yak
22-07-2017, 05:38 PM
We're a league 1 team with league 1 players not sure what's difficult to understand for some?

I'm disappointed we didn't sign messi but maybe next year hey?

millertop
23-07-2017, 06:01 AM
Garbage

gwru
23-07-2017, 08:19 AM
Garbage

Millertop expand. I was disappointed with the side Warney started with. I hate seeing Taylor on the left. Think Mcarthy has conned us with Emmanual whose no better than Fisher. Moore looks a non-league player to me. I want to see our players with genuine ability given the chance. Newell, JCH & Bailey-King. Ajayi is the shining light, Ihiekwe? didn't look that good in the air to me. Da Ball looks a clever player. But according to most on here what do I know.

mellowmiller
23-07-2017, 09:41 AM
Millertop expand. I was disappointed with the side Warney started with. I hate seeing Taylor on the left. Think Mcarthy has conned us with Emmanual whose no better than Fisher. Moore looks a non-league player to me. I want to see our players with genuine ability given the chance. Newell, JCH & Bailey-King. Ajayi is the shining light, Ihiekwe? didn't look that good in the air to me. Da Ball looks a clever player. But according to most on here what do I know.

Exactly! What do you know? No more than the rest of us to be honest.
What I find incredible is that you can form instant judgements on players after seeing them ONCE and in a meaningless friendly at that.
How about giving the new boys a few competitive games before judging them, that's only fair isn't it?
Interestingly a few Blades fans thought that Moore gave Stearman a bit of a tough time and he's been their star signing so far.
As for your love child JCH, he's no better than the day we signed him and he's surely in the last chance saloon now. I can't see him achieving much more than a place on the bench and he might even get shipped out on loan in an effort to shake him up.

gwru
23-07-2017, 10:16 AM
It's who out of the 2 Warney or JCH who goes 1st. Be Warney's biggest mistake not playing JCH when the league season starts. Don't mind if it's some one better but Moore or Proctor no.

a123
23-07-2017, 10:20 AM
If JCH was half the player he seems to believe he is, then we would have a superstar on our hands.

He's drinking at the last chance saloon, but still doesn't seem to understand it's now time to start delivering.

mellowmiller
23-07-2017, 10:24 AM
It's who out of the 2 Warney or JCH who goes 1st. Be Warney's biggest mistake not playing JCH when the league season starts. Don't mind if it's some one better but Moore or Proctor no.

My bet is that he'll pair Proctor and Ball for the first game.

mikemiller
23-07-2017, 11:10 AM
My bet is that he'll pair Proctor and Ball for the first game.

Judging from the match reports and highlights , those two are "in form" - let's hope that Proctor's injury clears up in the next few days

leedsmiller
23-07-2017, 11:15 AM
If blind faith was the criterion JCH might be in with a chance but Warne has to select players on merit and current performances. Proctor and Moore have both contributed far more effort and more goals. JCH has shown nothing, least of all desire.

mellowmiller
23-07-2017, 11:30 AM
If blind faith was the criterion JCH might be in with a chance but Warne has to select players on merit and current performances. Proctor and Moore have both contributed far more effort and more goals. JCH has shown nothing, least of all desire.

I think your last sentence says it all Leeds.
As I've said elsewhere, JCH hasn't improved since the day he arrived at the club and I do know he's not Warne's sort of player.
Subs bench at best for him I reckon.

johnjjs
23-07-2017, 12:04 PM
I reckon warney got jch to sign extended contract as a backup just in case the strikers he wanted didn't sign.always good to have a plan b.

Lolmorgan
23-07-2017, 08:32 PM
I reckon warney got jch to sign extended contract as a backup just in case the strikers he wanted didn't sign.always good to have a plan b. Could it be JCH cost us 350,000 & we will never get our money back.

millavanilla
23-07-2017, 09:08 PM
Could it be JCH cost us 350,000 & we will never get our money back.

We're brilliant at that..penny wise pound foolish..we wouldnt give agard the money or tavernier, but we gamble money on clarke harris, blackstock, and when we're crying out for a striker, we sign a full back for was it 300,000?...proof that they dont know what theyre doing down there..

millertop
24-07-2017, 07:55 AM

I wasn't there Gwru (plastic fantastic;) )
I did listen to a bit of commentary and I wasn't impressed with the squad which was put out tbh but I'm guessing Warney is still trying ideas out and keeping everyone guessing

I'll be at the Chesterfield game