PDA

View Full Version : Simon Moore

blades58
21-07-2017, 09:43 PM
Rob Staton‏Verified account
@robstaton
Follow
More
Simon Moore update: scan on knee injury over weekend. Felt pain at back of the knee. Chris Wilder: "It's obviously worrying." #SUFC

:(

BlockD
21-07-2017, 09:46 PM
Carried off on a stretcher,on crutches at the end of the game

WAWAW
21-07-2017, 10:40 PM
We need to get a decent back up keeper in. Nothing that we don't already know. He looked in pain when he tried to walk before he got on the stretcher. Time to spend some cash a loan signing isn't an option for such an important position.

if he has done cruciate then it could mean a long term recovery,lee grant would be a great back up keeper

FatherKnowsBest
22-07-2017, 06:57 AM
Its none of your business, monkey. Its about Sheffield United and we'll worry about it

BlockD
22-07-2017, 08:19 AM
Its none of your business, monkey. Its about Sheffield United and we'll worry about it

Well said FKB,what is very worrying is that it seemed to have happened just after he had made a clearance up field,with no one around him,next thing he was down on the floor waving for the trainer.

rodcurrie
22-07-2017, 08:24 AM
Well said FKB,what is very worrying is that it seemed to have happened just after he had made a clearance up field,with no one around him,next thing he was down on the floor waving for the trainer.He seemed to land badly after clearin the ball and was obviously in pain,worryin no doubt abart that.UTCB

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
22-07-2017, 08:26 AM
Well said FKB,what is very worrying is that it seemed to have happened just after he had made a clearance up field,with no one around him,next thing he was down on the floor waving for the trainer.

Was it is standing leg or swinging leg,cant see it being cruciate dont they happen after swinging and impacting (swinging leg) (classic example Gazza) if it was his standing leg he could have twisted his knee during the clearance.

All will be revealed i guess.

rodcurrie
22-07-2017, 08:29 AM
Was it is standing leg or swinging leg,cant see it being cruciate dont they happen after swinging and impacting (swinging leg) (classic example Gazza) if it was his standing leg he could have twisted his knee during the clearance.

All will be revealed i guess.Cheers for that Dr Kildare.:) UTCB

BlockD
22-07-2017, 08:32 AM

All will be revealed i guess.

No idea because i followed the ball,and out of the corner of my eye saw him down on the deck.

Lets hope it was purely precautionary same with the crutches,purely so he didnt have to put weight on the knee before the scan,is there a Doctor we could ask?

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
22-07-2017, 08:50 AM
No idea because i followed the ball,and out of the corner of my eye saw him down on the deck.

Lets hope it was purely precautionary same with the crutches,purely so he didnt have to put weight on the knee before the scan,is there a Doctor we could ask?
This one 5551

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
22-07-2017, 08:51 AM
Cheers for that Dr Kildare.:) UTCB

Wrong Dr,im Banner.:D

GrayBlade
22-07-2017, 08:52 AM
Unfortunately in my experience, knee injuries that seem to come about over absolutely nothing tend to be the worse. Either way, I think it's time for the club to push the boat out because as everybody in here knows, in my opinion (along with Clough senior) this is the number one position we have to get right and have good cover.

GrayBlade
22-07-2017, 08:54 AM
Wrong Dr,im Banner.:D
That's incredible Dr Bruce. I'm green with envy. :D

blades58
22-07-2017, 09:44 AM
Apparently landed awkwardly after a routine clearance and can feel something at the back of his knee

RavBlade
22-07-2017, 09:58 AM
At best it's badly jarred, at worst its ligaments, which it looks like to me. As soon as he tried getting up and putting any weight on it he had to go down again. Very worrying.:s

blades58
22-07-2017, 10:10 AM
At best it's badly jarred, at worst its ligaments, which it looks like to me. As soon as he tried getting up and putting any weight on it he had to go down again. Very worrying.:s

You go in the Shoes then Rav?

Occasionally in there and have been on their away day coaches for the big games

RavBlade
22-07-2017, 10:22 AM
You go in the Shoes then Rav?

Occasionally in there and have been on their away day coaches for the big games

I do get in now and again 58. I go in with Mrs Rav and our friends when we go out in Wick. Much prefer it to Masons and Wine Bah, its a proper pub. Well its got to be it's a Blades pub :P Are you one of Truemans gang per chance?

Went in Cornlaw pre match last night.

rodcurrie
22-07-2017, 10:25 AM
I do get in now and again 58. I go in with Mrs Rav and our friends when we go out in Wick. Much prefer it to Masons and Wine Bah, its a proper pub. Well its got to be it's a Blades pub :P Are you one of Truemans gang per chance?

Went in Cornlaw pre match last night.Gangs in Wickersley, Whatever next?:) UTCB

blades58
22-07-2017, 10:27 AM

No I don't know him.

I know a few lads but not that many

RavBlade
22-07-2017, 10:33 AM
No I don't know him.

I know a few lads but not that many

OK mate. He used prop bar up in 'tap' side with a few other Blades. Not seen him in shoes for ages though. Pity cos he usually buys me one ! :P

BlockD
22-07-2017, 12:04 PM

Went in Cornlaw pre match last night.

Ravvers,we were in there pre match last night,it wasnt you we were discussing the away kit and whether it was blue or purple with was it?

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
22-07-2017, 01:40 PM
That's incredible Dr Bruce. I'm green with envy. :D

Feck me,nah tha can't get mi first name reyt...........its David,you can call me Bruce only on Sundays XD

GrayBlade
22-07-2017, 02:16 PM
Feck me,nah tha can't get mi first name reyt...........its David,you can call me Bruce only on Sundays XD
Wot, you mean you're a black American rapper when you're not watching the Blades? :O

GrayBlade
22-07-2017, 02:22 PM
Here you are Chippy. He'll always be a Bruce to me. :P

https://youtu.be/ek2-fcGT2YA

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
22-07-2017, 04:24 PM
David Bruce Banner B)

GrayBlade
22-07-2017, 07:13 PM
David Bruce Banner B)

Get down with the dudes Chippy lad.

RavBlade
23-07-2017, 10:10 AM
Ravvers,we were in there pre match last night,it wasnt you we were discussing the away kit and whether it was blue or purple with was it?

I don't think so Blockers. I was stood up next to a pillar at the far end near the stairs to the bogs talking to a rather large mate, about the new signings and our board, who was sat on a stool next to me. I was wearing a dark Red polo type top & light Blue jeans. I left about 7 ish.

bulmer1889
23-07-2017, 11:35 AM
Blocky was wearing a pink shirt as usual if I remember right

BlockD
23-07-2017, 12:12 PM
Blocky was wearing a pink shirt as usual if I remember right

Nothing wrong with men wearing pink

bulmer1889
23-07-2017, 12:30 PM
Nothing wrong with men wearing pink

I rest my case

GrayBlade
24-07-2017, 12:55 PM
The word is we're about to sign Connor Ripley from Boro on a perm.

He had a decent season on loan with Oldham played every and they'd hoped to get him back.

RonnieWaldock
24-07-2017, 01:11 PM
The word is we're about to sign Connor Ripley from Boro on a perm.

He had a decent season on loan with Oldham played every and they'd hoped to get him back.

I've heard that too.
Not sure how reliable my source is. I think he may just be passing on what someone else has told him.
I think I'll just relax and leave all these tricky problems to CW and his staff.

BlockD
24-07-2017, 01:14 PM
I missed both Oldham games last season,do we rate him boys and girls ?

GrayBlade
24-07-2017, 01:29 PM
I missed both Oldham games last season,do we rate him boys and girls ?
I got to both games, he seemed ok to me but Wilder had him at on loan at Oxford as a kid and he wasn't impressed as he on,y played one game. Looks like he's come on since then though.

GrayBlade
24-07-2017, 01:59 PM
He's used to keeping clean sheets anyway....

seanbeanstattoo
24-07-2017, 02:28 PM
I'd be very happy if we got him. Had a belting season at Oldham in a very poor side.
Stuart,ex Smoggie wingers son.

GrayBlade
24-07-2017, 03:23 PM
I'd be very happy if we got him. Had a belting season at Oldham in a very poor side.
Stuart,ex Smoggie wingers son.

I hadn't realised he was Stuart's lad, good winger in his day. He did well at Blackburn as well and then had a dabble with the Pigs at the end of his career when he was past it. Looks like they never learn.

blades58
24-07-2017, 03:37 PM
Anyone heard anything regards SM's scan?

bulmer1889
24-07-2017, 06:17 PM
The phone rang a short time ago 58 the swelling in moores knee has gone down and he's had his scan today,no news on result yet but they're expecting him to be out for about 6 months anything less will be a bonus they think he's done his medial ligament

As expected CW not happy with how long transfers are taking,don't know if he's had words or not but it suggests we're doin it on the cheap as per

shorehamoldboy
24-07-2017, 06:31 PM
oh yeah remember stuart ripley good winger blonde haired lad didnt know it was his lad dont know much about him but seems highly rated

GrayBlade
24-07-2017, 07:45 PM
The phone rang a short time ago 58 the swelling in moores knee has gone down and he's had his scan today,no news on result yet but they're expecting him to be out for about 6 months anything less will be a bonus they think he's done his medial ligament

As expected CW not happy with how long transfers are taking,don't know if he's had words or not but it suggests we're doin it on the cheap as per

Clucking Bells! It seems a very long time for medial Bully, but either way need to bring in a quality keeper and backup then.

blades58
24-07-2017, 07:57 PM
SBT has stuck this up on S2 board

"Medial ligament damage suspected but NOT yet confirmed. If so looking at up to 6 months.
Wilder not happy about how transfers are dragging. Suggestions of penny pinching.
Good source on this."

Gut wrencher if true. 6 months what a sickener for player and club

Also, I posted previously the change in tone during the CW's SSN interview about signings dragging on, If Sean is on the money, then it's disappointing

seanbeanstattoo
24-07-2017, 07:59 PM
SBT has stuck this up on S2 board

"Medial ligament damage suspected but NOT yet confirmed. If so looking at up to 6 months.
Wilder not happy about how transfers are dragging. Suggestions of penny pinching.
Good source on this."

Gut wrencher if true. 6 months what a sickener for player and club

Also, I posted previously the change in tone during the CW's SSN interview about signings dragging on, If Sean is on the money, then it's disappointing

I claim no credit here. Just responsibly passing on what is thought to be the case.

blades58
24-07-2017, 08:02 PM
I claim no credit here. Just responsibly passing on what is thought to be the case.

no, fair doos SBT

WTF are we doing p1ssing off CW?

seanbeanstattoo
24-07-2017, 08:12 PM
no, fair doos SBT

The suggestion is we are "penny pinching" (relative term) which is stalling deals.

Off the top,I wonder if McCabe is a r s e twitching after the Stearman signing which apparently wad around £925k.
We could use Leonard without a doubt and Wilder definately sees Lundstrom as a plus signing not instead of.

Substantial investment they said.
Time to put up?

blades58
24-07-2017, 08:14 PM
The suggestion is we are "penny pinching" (relative term) which is stalling deals.

Off the top,I wonder if McCabe is a r s e twitching after the Stearman signing which apparently wad around £925k.
We could use Leonard without a doubt and Wilder definately sees Lundstrom as a plus signing not instead of.

Substantial investment they said.
Time to put up?

Substantial and that was before the £6m bonus

GrayBlade
24-07-2017, 08:15 PM
no, fair doos SBT

The coming week is going to tell us a lot about whether or not our board and owners have bought into the Wilder revolution as much as we the fans have.

They'd be absolute idiots to grab the cash and blow it now after all the good work, almost 20k season tickets sold and all the good-will and optimism that's been created, but hey, we've seen it all before mate.

bulmer1889
24-07-2017, 08:15 PM
If SBT has heard similar too it's suggesting no smoke without fire mine also came from a good source

Holden_C
24-07-2017, 10:38 PM
think hartlepool spending.

Thought you weren't doing this anymore Grunter?

Ban the tosser.

Holden_C
24-07-2017, 10:43 PM
http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/sport-injuries/knee-pain/mcl-sprain

Six months seems OTT but it obviously depends on the seriousness and extent of the tear. Let's hope.

bulmer1889
24-07-2017, 10:51 PM
Let's hope that's the case H better still let's hope they got it wrong and the scan results come back better than expected

blades58
25-07-2017, 06:09 AM
http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/sport-injuries/knee-pain/mcl-sprain

Six months seems OTT but it obviously depends on the seriousness and extent of the tear. Let's hope.

Fingers crossed it's only a grade 1 rather than 2 or 3 then

ThePits
25-07-2017, 10:21 AM
Gutted for Moore.

Appalled (yet unsurprised) if our board are up to their usual antics. It's always jam tomorrow with this lot.
I could accept a tough season if the manager was given everything he needs but we just aren't good enough. If however we **** up because we are trying to do it on the cheap then those responsible should hang their heads in shame.
You'd have thought 6 years in the wilderness would have made them determined never to go back there. Maybe not.

rodcurrie
25-07-2017, 12:46 PM
Gutted for Moore.

Appalled (yet unsurprised) if our board are up to their usual antics. It's always jam tomorrow with this lot.
I could accept a tough season if the manager was given everything he needs but we just aren't good enough. If however we **** up because we are trying to do it on the cheap then those responsible should hang their heads in shame.
You'd have thought 6 years in the wilderness would have made them determined never to go back there. Maybe not.Thank goodness we aint lost yet,well until tonight perhaps.I'm confident of a mid table finish,then perhaps we can slam the club for not bein the play offs,the gits.Get coffee on for mi to smell. UTCB

GrayBlade
25-07-2017, 12:59 PM
Gutted for Moore.

You'd have thought 6 years in the wilderness would have made them determined never to go back there. Maybe not.

Let's hope we're jumping the gun TP and they pull out all the stops mate. They'd have to be thick as well as greedy if they blow this chance to move the club forward so let's hope the rumours that Chris isn't happy with the progress have been elaborated on a few times and this time next month we're all happy bunnies.

ThePits
25-07-2017, 03:37 PM
Thank goodness we aint lost yet,well until tonight perhaps.I'm confident of a mid table finish,then perhaps we can slam the club for not bein the play offs,the gits.Get coffee on for mi to smell. UTCB

I am far from a slasher Rod, and would like to think that I have never criticised the board/owners unduly. The key point here being IF the rumours are true, if not then I happily take it all back.
As for how we will fair next season, I am also confident we will do ok, provided CW gets the players he wants. The current squad will surprise a few but we lack depth in key areas and that needs addressing pronto.

ThePits
25-07-2017, 03:38 PM
Let's hope we're jumping the gun TP and they pull out all the stops mate. They'd have to be thick as well as greedy if they blow this chance to move the club forward so let's hope the rumours that Chris isn't happy with the progress have been elaborated on a few times and this time next month we're all happy bunnies.

Fingers crossed Gray

blades58
25-07-2017, 05:51 PM
Treeton Blade on S2 is at the Lane and been told Moore is out for two months

If reyt, good luck, it could've been a lot worse

BlockD
25-07-2017, 09:42 PM
Treeton Blade on S2 is at the Lane and been told Moore is out for two months

If reyt, good luck, it could've been a lot worse

2 months is not that bad,send for Phil Kite

bulmer1889
25-07-2017, 09:43 PM
Andy giddings has tweeted it's not as bad as first feared but no results as yet

rodcurrie
26-07-2017, 06:34 AM
Andy giddings has tweeted it's not as bad as first feared but no results as yetA fella who'd had a chat wi Moore was told it would be weeks rather than months he'd be out.I welcomed Lundstram wi a handshake and then told him tha'll have to be playin gr8 to get in our team,i said i know mate,so that's another mate i've got on't staff at BDBL.:) UTCB