PDA

View Full Version : Old posters.

ex_pat_magpie
22-07-2017, 08:16 AM
Does anyone remember that Scot's lad, from Aberdeen I think, who used to post on here about 4/5 years ago. He was a Mackem supporter but a good laugh with banter until he'd had a bit over the top to drink.

Zippity
22-07-2017, 08:19 AM
You mean Slim, Pat?

Jammy89
22-07-2017, 08:22 AM
Slimfella was the bloke Pat.

Ended up on here when he was driven off his board by 5 and his ilk. Couldn't bare any of their fans having a civil-ish discussion with Toon fans.

ex_pat_magpie
22-07-2017, 08:36 AM
Yes that's the lad, Slimfella. He was the best Mackem follower to post on here to my mind but he also loved Aberdeen.

You could have banter with him long into the night but I think he stopped posting on here following a drawn out altercation with one of our own (can't recall who).

It's a pity he stopped because you could have a level headed debate about us v Muckem with him.

ex_pat_magpie
22-07-2017, 08:38 AM
Anyone from here remember any others from other clubs. There were a few West Ham lads at times, some of them I used to chat with on their board.

pboromag
22-07-2017, 08:41 AM
Yes that's the lad, Slimfella. He was the best Mackem follower to post on here to my mind but he also loved Aberdeen.

You could have banter with him long into the night but I think he stopped posting on here following a drawn out altercation with one of our own (can't recall who).

It's a pity he stopped because you could have a level headed debate about us v Muckem with him.

didnt he pass away?

ex_pat_magpie
22-07-2017, 08:43 AM
didnt he pass away?

That's sad, where did you here that Pboro.

ghostrider
22-07-2017, 08:58 AM
Yeah, I remember Slimfella. He had some good craic and was also prone to some off the wall rants like we can all do.
A strong minded fella but also an emotional one iirc.

I think he got banned along with the Wolfy character in the off topic section that used to be part of this forum and was great for banter and the odd tit for tat digs that caused no harm.

ghostrider
22-07-2017, 09:06 AM
I used to laugh like hell at some of the posts on here and especially in the off topic section.
There was some great debates as well, even if some did get a bit heated.
There's been some right wind up's but all in all 99% of it all was as funny as hell and made the board a bustling board, regardless of some people claiming it was offending them.

It takes all sorts to make a thriving forum of any description and that's why football forums should always have a general section as well as the football section, so that people can have alternate discussions to the football, if they so wish.

Some great times, those and I'm sure many will agree, who were part of them.

ex_pat_magpie
22-07-2017, 09:32 AM
I used to laugh like hell at some of the posts on here and especially in the off topic section.
There was some great debates as well, even if some did get a bit heated.
There's been some right wind up's but all in all 99% of it all was as funny as hell and made the board a bustling board, regardless of some people claiming it was offending them.

It takes all sorts to make a thriving forum of any description and that's why football forums should always have a general section as well as the football section, so that people can have alternate discussions to the football, if they so wish.

Some great times, those and I'm sure many will agree, who were part of them.

I agree with you there about the O/T section. It's a great pity it couldn't be reintroduced. It would be of more use and better appreciated by posters than that waste of space thing Footy Mad's Toon News.

Zippity
22-07-2017, 09:33 AM
I remember a fella, Davey, with a Morph avatar....always liked him. :D

ghostrider
22-07-2017, 09:35 AM
I agree with you there about the O/T section. It's a great pity it couldn't be reintroduced. It would be of more use and better appreciated by posters than that waste of space thing Footy Mad's Toon News.Aye, I agree.

ghostrider
22-07-2017, 09:38 AM
I remember a fella, Davey, with a Morph avatar....always liked him. :D

Yeah I always laughed at him. Weirdly enough he is my cousin :D.
Davey was jailed over morph. He bummed it and wrecked its plasticine bum and was jailed for 74 years without parole.

Ahh well, never mind, eh? :D

NorthernRock
22-07-2017, 09:47 AM
There's been some really good posters since I've been on, some with good craic and who know their football.

I think sometimes a difference of opinion can turn things toxic depending on how we're doing and that's a shame, we all support the same club and ultimately want the same thing at the end of the day.

I obviously used to post under Boxertricks but wouldn't class myself as a multi, I've only posted under 2 accounts with transparency, any mod would testify to that and if a mod would prefer me not to post/ban this account then I'm happy to just read the board tbh.

NorthernRock
22-07-2017, 09:48 AM
yeah i always laughed at him. Weirdly enough he is my cousin :d.
Davey was jailed over morph. He bummed it and wrecked its plasticine bum and was jailed for 74 years without parole.

Ahh well, never mind, eh? :d

xd xd xd

Zippity
22-07-2017, 09:48 AM
Yeah I always laughed at him. Weirdly enough he is my cousin :D.

Ahh well, never mind, eh? :D

Well, it's Morph's fault, really.

First dressing like this...

And then just being downright provocative...

I mean, poor Davey couldn't resist...

ex_pat_magpie
22-07-2017, 09:53 AM

That's rather cheeky Zippity. :O

zoggs
22-07-2017, 09:53 AM
He was a total WUM man, ffs ...slagged of Nufc and our fans at every opportunity,

Some of the mods on here want their heads checked man .

ex_pat_magpie
22-07-2017, 09:58 AM
He was a total WUM man, ffs ...slagged of Nufc and our fans at every opportunity,

Some of the mods on here want their heads checked man .

Which one do you mean Zoggs, Slimfella or Davey?

ghostrider
22-07-2017, 09:58 AM

I'm absolutely effing crying with laughing at that. Seriously I'm belly laughing with tears rolling down my cheeks. XD

zoggs
22-07-2017, 10:02 AM
Slim

NorthernRock
22-07-2017, 10:08 AM
Slim

Aye he was Zoggs.

ex_pat_magpie
22-07-2017, 10:26 AM
Aye he was Zoggs.

I always got on well with him until he got a bit "bevied" and then he could go a bit out of hand.

toonlegend
22-07-2017, 04:10 PM
I wouldn't have thought slim had died, he wasn't very old

I didn't like him, for reasons i'm not going into now - too much water under the bridge since then - but i hope he didn't die, he had 4 or 5 young uns, might even have been 6, and they - some of them would still be quite young (under 13 anyway)

i'm trying to remember his real name, he was on facebook

toonlegend
22-07-2017, 04:13 PM
not from another board, but fitza was a good laugh

bowers - the mackem - was also good

who was that leeds lad we used to talk to - sandy - lynn - he moved to scotland beside loch lomond i think it was.

edit: Marko

ex_pat_magpie
22-07-2017, 04:46 PM

who was that leeds lad we used to talk to - sandy - lynn - he moved to scotland beside loch lomond i think it was.

Yes Bowers was good for a bit of banter and unlike the majority of the Muckum he could take a bit of ribbing without spitting the dummy then come back with his own digs. ;D

Kal
22-07-2017, 04:55 PM
i'm trying to remember his real name

Graham.

toonlegend
22-07-2017, 05:08 PM
Graham.

yeah i remembered that much as well

TheOtherTerryMac
22-07-2017, 06:18 PM
yeah i remembered that much as well

If the mods removed the multies off this board you would only be left with 11 posters.

Zippity
22-07-2017, 06:24 PM
If the mods removed the multies off this board you would only be left with 11 posters.

That's a very specific number, TerryMac! :D

ex_pat_magpie
22-07-2017, 06:26 PM

Well I've got to 17 which I think are genuine without really trying and I'm sure I've missed a few and that excludes Stan, Goth and Jonny who rarely post now.

Plus a few more normal ones I'm not sure of.

ex_pat_magpie
22-07-2017, 06:37 PM
How many can you think of June and Zippity?

Zippity
22-07-2017, 06:47 PM
How many can you think of June and Zippity?

Dunno, man. Think I'm ok at spotting the mackems pretending to be one of us but I'm canny **** at working out who's got more than one account. Would love to know who the three-posters-in-one is who Ron mentioned the other day.

Anyhoo, the board's going pretty well at the moment despite it being the close season.

zoggs
22-07-2017, 06:58 PM
Dunno, man. Think I'm ok at spotting the mackems pretending to be one of us but I'm canny **** at working out who's got more than one account. Would love to know who the three-posters-in-one is who Ron mentioned the other day.

Anyhoo, the board's going pretty well at the moment despite it being the close season.

I thought June and Zip were the same person ;D:

XD XD XD

Zippity
22-07-2017, 07:00 PM
Oi....beardy! :mad:

XD

waalsendmick
22-07-2017, 07:05 PM
I always thought wolfy=Davey=ghost?

I also thought slimfella was ok.

ashingtoon62
22-07-2017, 07:12 PM
I always thought wolfy=Davey=ghost?

I also thought slimfella was ok.
Ya on the ball mick..
Slims not deed,loved the craic when he was on mind,with bobbyv(he flounced off to Toonsys board and became Troy Stavers)
One of my all time favourites though had to be jimbob and his sidekick.
Staples the Mackem was a genuine lad as weel and Bowers,remember Elvis as weel?
Oh and Lee 71 the aspergers Mackem some of his rants were priceless..

Nufc24Mag
22-07-2017, 07:17 PM

Is that pboro?

Zippity
22-07-2017, 07:18 PM
Is that pboro?

Nope (not as far as I'm aware)

ashingtoon62
22-07-2017, 07:20 PM
Is that pboro?
Looks more like Anita to me...

zoggs
22-07-2017, 10:31 PM
What's the young mackem lad who used to come on here .He was banned from the stadium of light for smoking in the bogs haha ...he was a bit of a laugh actually .

Kal
22-07-2017, 11:44 PM
staples was a multi (exposed on here) as were most on the mackem board. Twas hilarious when it went t!ts
up and they claimed a mag mod was in charge instead of looking in the mirror.

pboromag
23-07-2017, 05:20 AM
all this multi crap makes me laugh

i am aware we had mods who were multis and i was asked to become one ntil yhings calmed down between me and an old mod

wasnt boxer the one who wanted to fight everyone ??

slim im sure id die from alcohol related illness

i may be wrong but im sure that is what i was told

he was a gret lad when he dint have his demons

NorthernRock
23-07-2017, 07:21 AM

Nah only the complete wums who didn't know how to stick to the subject of football and wanted to get personal.

Bit of a nob at times wasn't he? But **** me did he know his footy :P ;D

Considering he came across in such a bad light, I heard he donated to the Dan Pringle fund, wonder how many other posters have who didn't know any of them personally?

Man of his word at least then.

pboromag
23-07-2017, 07:30 AM
from what i can remember was arranging to meet people at tube stations and the likes

seems strange that posters would want to arrange fights on a footy forum with people they have never met

and all over footy

i remember someone putting up a postcode over a cat

NorthernRock
23-07-2017, 07:37 AM
Yeah does tbf but as you know stuff can get heated/personal sometimes and some people in this world have a saying of what you can type then you can say with your mouth if it's that personal/brave.

I remember when there was a lad on twitter taking the piss out of Curtis Woodhouse so he told the lad to say it to his face and he was still giving it the bigun so Woodhouse threatened him, got his address and turned up at his door... Needless to say the lad **** himself and most backed Woodhouse because he wanted the lad to back his words up with his mouth instead of being a keyboard warrior.

Not everyone on the internet who is willing to speak their mind/back **** up is a weirdo sitting in his pants, I think that's the moral of the story, therefore I think it sometimes says more about the ones goading using words to make a spark than it does about the one who retaliates in a negative manner tbh....

pboromag
23-07-2017, 10:19 AM
i just feel that anyone that gets involved in arranging figts on an internet has lost the plot ,especially over footy
i have ahd a few debates with people on here and wouldnt arrange a fight like a couple of school kids after school

pathetic really

but if that rocks your boat so be it

NorthernRock
23-07-2017, 11:33 AM
i just feel that anyone that gets involved in arranging figts on an internet has lost the plot ,especially over footy
i have ahd a few debates with people on here and wouldnt arrange a fight like a couple of school kids after school

pathetic really

but if that rocks your boat so be it

Yeah it is pathetic no doubt about that, but like it says in my last post if you care you read it properly it's not about acting hard or wanting hassle or "fighting", it's about being willing to stand behind what you say instead of sitting behind a computer screen... There's a fair few act's that have been passed to make people culpable for what they say offensively to people (I've never said anything bad about anyones family even though I had that and I've never been racist) I've just retaliated to being wound up tbf so at the end of the day if someone has got the balls to type something on the internet then they should be prepared to say it to someone's face like a man if they're being insulting/brave, it's not about footy, people want to get personal because they can't talk about the subject in hand, I clearly want to post about the subject I'm typing about...

I've never had a problem with anyone who's debated/argued with me about footy, that's what a forum's about, but like I say if people wanted to get personally then I'm saying shut up and talk about footy otherwise deal with what's real tbh. I usually found people couldn't counter my argument about football subjects so they diverted an argument into something else, boring tbh and not something I'm going to be participating in this time around. I've got no problem with anyone on here personally because I don't know anyone so it means nothing to me. The only person I ever regret having an argument with was Bill because he's an older bloke who managed to wind me up and I should have known better/shown more respect tbh but meh it's the internet ffs.

Anyway I'm over-explaining myself to someone who's openly stated that they don't read my posts so I'll leave it at that mate.

I come on here to talk about football and Newcastle, so if anyone wants to argue about anything other than then I've got no interest at all but if someone want's to argue with me about my views on United, I'm happy to do that any day of the week.

ranat22
23-07-2017, 11:35 AM
first sign of madness they recon!

ghostrider
23-07-2017, 12:23 PM
first sign of madness they recon!

First sign of constant paranoia, I've heard.

zoggs
23-07-2017, 02:08 PM
Nah only the complete wums who didn't know how to stick to the subject of football and wanted to get personal.

Bit of a nob at times wasn't he? But **** me did he know his footy :P ;D

Considering he came across in such a bad light, I heard he donated to the Dan Pringle fund, wonder how many other posters have who didn't know any of them personally?

Man of his word at least then.

I always thought boxer was a total W@nker

;-) ;-) ;-)

NorthernRock
23-07-2017, 02:23 PM

;-) ;-) ;-)

XD XD XD

Aye he was Zoggs

ex_pat_magpie
23-07-2017, 09:08 PM

;-) ;-) ;-)

He still posted a lot of good posts as well.

Jammy89
23-07-2017, 09:39 PM

edit: Marko

The baggies bloke that still comes on occasionally was a good laugh to.

Still speak to Bowers and JJ on facebook very occasionally

Zippity
23-07-2017, 09:49 PM
There was that BarronStamford fella from the Chelsea board-he was canny. And Redcustard was a good lad.

Jammy89
23-07-2017, 09:56 PM
TO be fair - funniest had to be LoughtonYid XD

Wouldn't accept a single criticism of Spuds on any level XD

Zippity
23-07-2017, 10:10 PM
Aye-he had a huge problem with Pat too. Accused him of being racist but I saw the joke Pat posted and it was nothing of the sort.

Jammy89
23-07-2017, 10:51 PM
He accused quite a few posters of various "isms" as i recall.

ronandtet
23-07-2017, 11:19 PM
all this multi crap makes me laugh

i am aware we had mods who were multis and i was asked to become one ntil yhings calmed down between me and an old mod

slim im sure id die from alcohol related illness

i may be wrong but im sure that is what i was told

he was a gret lad when he dint have his demons

So who was the multi posting mod then pm ? I know wp had trouble getting on line but he said he had to use another name but that was,t a " multi" as did nodge but they did say who they where

pboromag
24-07-2017, 06:25 AM
So who was the multi posting mod then pm ? I know wp had trouble getting on line but he said he had to use another name but that was,t a " multi" as did nodge but they did say who they where

there were a couple under the name of spec or something along those lines

or sunglasses

to be fare they didn't do it to stir **** but they came on as multi

I'm sure one of them is back

ex_pat_magpie
24-07-2017, 08:07 AM
Yeah it is pathetic no doubt about that, but like it says in my last post if you care you read it properly it's not about acting hard or wanting hassle or "fighting", it's about being willing to stand behind what you say instead of sitting behind a computer screen... There's a fair few act's that have been passed to make people culpable for what they say offensively to people (I've never said anything bad about anyones family even though I had that and I've never been racist) I've just retaliated to being wound up tbf so at the end of the day if someone has got the balls to type something on the internet then they should be prepared to say it to someone's face like a man if they're being insulting/brave, it's not about footy, people want to get personal because they can't talk about the subject in hand, I clearly want to post about the subject I'm typing about...

I've never had a problem with anyone who's debated/argued with me about footy, that's what a forum's about, but like I say if people wanted to get personally then I'm saying shut up and talk about footy otherwise deal with what's real tbh. I usually found people couldn't counter my argument about football subjects so they diverted an argument into something else, boring tbh and not something I'm going to be participating in this time around. I've got no problem with anyone on here personally because I don't know anyone so it means nothing to me. The only person I ever regret having an argument with was Bill because he's an older bloke who managed to wind me up and I should have known better/shown more respect tbh but meh it's the internet ffs.

Anyway I'm over-explaining myself to someone who's openly stated that they don't read my posts so I'll leave it at that mate.

I come on here to talk about football and Newcastle, so if anyone wants to argue about anything other than then I've got no interest at all but if someone want's to argue with me about my views on United, I'm happy to do that any day of the week.

I regretted that period too NorthernRock and I don't even remember how it began or how it escalated because when you first began posting under the Boxer name (and I didn't realise it was you as the new NorthernRock) we had some good chats and banter and got on quite well.

I know I didn't purposely set out to wind you up but we must have had some serious difference of opinion at that time and it obviously got out of hand.

Anyway, all water under the bridge now and as you say the bottom line is that we are all Toon supporters with the common aim of club and team success so let's all get on with it from here.

TheOtherTerryMac
24-07-2017, 08:37 AM
I regretted that period too NorthernRock and I don't even remember how it began or how it escalated because when you first began posting under the Boxer name (and I didn't realise it was you as the new NorthernRock) we had some good chats and banter and got on quite well.

I know I didn't purposely set out to wind you up but we must have had some serious difference of opinion at that time and it obviously got out of hand.

Anyway, all water under the bridge now and as you say the bottom line is that we are all Toon supporters with the common aim of club and team success so let's all get on with it from here.

Boxer knew Jack Shyte about football but I take my hat off to him. He was the finest keyboard warrior this board has ever seen, fingertips of steel.

I had some good craic with him but return of the new Boxer seems more like a wolf in sheeps clothing to me.

NorthernRock
24-07-2017, 10:03 AM
Boxer knew Jack Shyte about football but I take my hat off to him. He was the finest keyboard warrior this board has ever seen, fingertips of steel.

I had some good craic with him but return of the new Boxer seems more like a wolf in sheeps clothing to me.

OK then XD

I think I talk sense about most things footy related tbh, I know a fair bit so I'd love you to prove I know jack ****e TerryMac, I think you'd fail tbh mate...

Opinions are like arseholes though after all though eh ;D

NorthernRock
24-07-2017, 10:15 AM

Yeah I think because I was looking at things differently from most I was seen as some sort of arse licker (I suppose it does look like that when you've got a certain opinion that's why I always try and look at both sides) when in fact I was just trying to give a different perspective on things and how we were going about doing it, there was definitely points from both sides that were valid but ultimitely I wanted to support the team instead of investing in directing negativity towards the club (i'm not saying people pissed off weren't supporting) but it created a really negative stagnant environment at the club from both sides tbh... Thankfully the silver lining was a top class manager and a change in direction regarding recruitment and running of the club.

Hopefully he's learnt from his mistakes, I prefer to concentrate on the manager which we're now afforded to do since Rafa's been given full control... MA is just an investor/budget provider to me now, which is how it should be in my opinion, hopefully, as Rafa says, he keeps his word and doesn't **** things up mate.

Yeah no hard feelings at all Bill, it words on a screen at the end of the day and you've been connected to the club a long time so I've always got time to listen to those opinions.

TheOtherTerryMac
24-07-2017, 01:54 PM
OK then XD

I think I talk sense about most things footy related tbh, I know a fair bit so I'd love you to prove I know jack ****e TerryMac, I think you'd fail tbh mate...

Opinions are like arseholes though after all though eh ;D

Aye your not wrong about opinions mate everyone has one and if they were all the same it would be pointless having a forum.

I think everyone on here including pboro would love to have a successful team challenging fir honours

My fear is that The Fat Controller and his henchman Chumly will step in and phuck things up which is usually par for the course. It will be interesting to see what kind of team Rafa fields in the cup games as realistically that is the only hope we have of winning anything.

NorthernRock
24-07-2017, 03:27 PM
Aye your not wrong about opinions mate everyone has one and if they were all the same it would be pointless having a forum.

I think everyone on here including pboro would love to have a successful team challenging fir honours

My fear is that The Fat Controller and his henchman Chumly will step in and phuck things up which is usually par for the course. It will be interesting to see what kind of team Rafa fields in the cup games as realistically that is the only hope we have of winning anything.

Aye I agree.

Regarding Peterborough, you can see he's a proper supporter but he's one of them that sits next to you doing nothing but moan and calling everyone shyte all game until we score XD XD

We've got to be realistic and with Rafa in charge of transfers and his team it puts us in really good stead for the future, but it aint all gonna happen this summer with a crazy spending spree like Everton because we're building sensibly without having the Prem money.

When you think he's got about 75m and then consider the fact that includes new player wages, it doesn't go anywhere near as far as the top 10 who can spend that on one player.

TheOtherTerryMac
24-07-2017, 04:11 PM
Aye I agree.

Regarding Peterborough, you can see he's a proper supporter but he's one of them that sits next to you doing nothing but moan and calling everyone shyte all game until we score XD XD

We've got to be realistic and with Rafa in charge of transfers and his team it puts us in really good stead for the future, but it aint all gonna happen this summer with a crazy spending spree like Everton because we're building sensibly without having the Prem money.

When you think he's got about 75m and then consider the fact that includes new player wages, it doesn't go anywhere near as far as the top 10 who can spend that on one player.

As you rightly say we can never compete with the top ten teams regarding transfers and wages. West Ham paying Hernandez 140k a week which is crazy for an average player in the Gayle mould.

Rafa always sets his teams up to play defensively but even he must know we need a new LB. I am not too concerned about our goalkeepers as we have enough cover in that dept. Just let's wait and see what we have by the time we kick off hopefully a good centre forward, creative midfielder and a solid left back.

sherwoodmag
24-07-2017, 04:43 PM
Bump