PDA

View Full Version : Kieran Gibbs

Johnny on the spot 1
22-07-2017, 10:38 AM
Just heard on talk sport Arsenal reject 10 mill bid by us for Gibbs , Arsenal want 12 mill supposedly, will we go back with 10.5 then 11 then 11.5 then HO he's signed for Watford for 12 mill never mind be some one else next week , 😃

boingy
22-07-2017, 11:56 AM
Thats the usual plan.

WBA53
22-07-2017, 12:15 PM
Thats the usual plan.
yep we are the Nero of football,fiddling about every preseason >:(

WBA53
22-07-2017, 01:32 PM
pulis apparently today denying we have bid for gibbs saying we have two more pressing either or signings by the time they get back from HK,a link I cannot find
quote from sky sports

We won’t be signing Kieran Gibbs. We have to look for players that fit what we want to do and the way we want to play. We have three or four other targets we are desperate for.

"We are juggling with two at the moment and that’s not Gibbs. Hopefully by the time we get back home we will have done those two.
https://tinyurl.com/yc2dz6cx

Johnny on the spot 1
22-07-2017, 01:43 PM
pulis apparently today denying we have bid for gibbs saying we have two more pressing either or signings by the time they get back from HK,a link I cannot find
quote from sky sports

We won’t be signing Kieran Gibbs. We have to look for players that fit what we want to do and the way we want to play. We have three or four other targets we are desperate for.

"We are juggling with two at the moment and that’s not Gibbs. Hopefully by the time we get back home we will have done those two."

Interesting 53 not seen anything my self does say on news now we've had a large bid for Ben Gibson Middlesbrough rejected , if theirs any substance to this story who knows .

WBA53
22-07-2017, 01:56 PM
Interesting 53 not seen anything my self does say on news now we've had a large bid for Ben Gibson Middlesbrough rejected , if theirs any substance to this story who knows .
unless pulis is playing a cute game and trying to deflect rival clubs

saltnshake
22-07-2017, 02:46 PM
This is the interesting part of the comment for me, it sounds like Pulis doesn't want Gibbs, is it the club trying to do a deal the he doesn't want again? Gibbs is not a player that would fit the Pulis mould to pay 10 Million for a player that is not that great defensively would be wrong in my opinion.

Bombers right foot
22-07-2017, 03:47 PM
Marc Wilson and one other has been over 30.

Leicesterbaggie
22-07-2017, 05:05 PM
Basically, what we are saying again is that we're not prepared to pay the asking price and the reason given this time is that Gibbs doesn't fit what we want. Why then did we show an interest in the first place? Surely if we'd have done our homework we would know if he was a fit or not. Just more excuses! It's becoming tiresome.

BaggieBlood
22-07-2017, 05:56 PM
Not bothered if we get Gibbs or not.

Probably paper talk where an a hole reporter has mixed up gibbs with Gibson.

Read somewhere we were rivalling sjoke for Martins indi. Maybe, now they have zouma we can go for him.

Or who knows shurdross may become available.

We need a ch badly Imo as from what I've seen of Huagzi is great passing but poor positional sense (so far), and got easily shoved out the way for Leicester's goal.

albion68
22-07-2017, 06:29 PM
Basically, what we are saying again is that we're not prepared to pay the asking price and the reason given this time is that Gibbs doesn't fit what we want. Why then did we show an interest in the first place? Surely if we'd have done our homework we would know if he was a fit or not. Just more excuses! It's becoming tiresome. think you are all missing the point ,he may have played for England (which to me means **** all these days) he's hardly kicked a ball for arsenal in the last couple of seasons.15 mill ffs there having a larf as cockneys say.

holmleighchris
23-07-2017, 07:30 AM
think you are all missing the point ,he may have played for England (which to me means **** all these days) he's hardly kicked a ball for arsenal in the last couple of seasons.15 mill ffs there having a larf as cockneys say.

Yep. Should be leaving on a free if they want rid.

BaggieBlood
23-07-2017, 12:58 PM
Albion68 that's why when I started a thread on gibbs at 12m I said I understood why Smethwick was getting a super hospital.

Just over a 100 games for a 28 year old is shocking, so we should bid 6m max and move on.

I don't want the wrong players for the sake of it.