PDA

View Full Version : v Wigan

tarquinbeech
22-07-2017, 01:52 PM
Collin; Tootle, Duffy, Hollis, Jones; Hawkridge, Walker (T), Hewitt, Alessandra; Stead, Ameobi.

Subs Notts subs v Wigan: Fitzsimons (T), Dickinson, Smith, Milsom, Grant, Forte

keldsyke
22-07-2017, 01:55 PM
Online ticketing system needs sorting still, been on in consecutive days and the system crashes, had to queue with the masses 😂

Bohinen
22-07-2017, 02:00 PM
Online ticketing system needs sorting still, been on in consecutive days and the system crashes, had to queue with the masses 😂

#patience. We nearly got relegated from the league last year.

tarquinbeech
22-07-2017, 02:03 PM
Collin; Tootle, Duffy, Hollis, Jones; Hawkridge, Walker (T), Hewitt, Alessandra; Stead, Ameobi.

For those sad and lonely ex-pats (like me)...the official site now confirms that iFollow is available from Coventry onwards (nice to know that my e-mails might have had an effect by them making the statement "iFollow coverage will be available from Notts' Sky Bet League Two season-opener at Coventry City onwards.")

keldsyke
22-07-2017, 02:06 PM

Yeah forgot, shouldn't go too matches because I can't get my own way.

tarquinbeech
22-07-2017, 02:13 PM
An interesting question, does anyone know if the Notts v Forest game was televised anywhere......the reason I ask is that the BET365 graphics have reverted back to a "possession bar" moving left and right across the pitch, same as last season.....on Weds night however, I actually had a small circle literally picking passes, passing the ball with the pass history and position on the field....it was literally like watching Subbuteo....now I'm back to the ping-pong/tennis paddles that we had on our first computer game as a kid in the 60s....boring

Notts scored 1-0

keldsyke
22-07-2017, 02:14 PM
1 nil Notts Alessandra, great work from Ameobi and AN Other

tarquinbeech
22-07-2017, 02:16 PM
Great move! Ameobi plays in Hawkridge down the right, whose superb cross is finished brilliantly by Alessandra!

SwalePie
22-07-2017, 02:22 PM

Interesting to see only 6 subs named

tarquinbeech
22-07-2017, 02:28 PM
Interesting to see only 6 subs named

I'm assuming KN now has his starting X1 for Coventry almost figured out and wants to use the next two games to fine-tune it?

tarquinbeech
22-07-2017, 02:30 PM
Wigan getting on top now.....12-21 good attacks....39-61% possession

keldsyke
22-07-2017, 02:31 PM
I'm assuming KN now has his starting X1 for Coventry almost figured out and wants to use the next two games to fine-tune it?

Nice early understanding between Ameobi, Stead and Alessandra, think he will be doing the running for those two. With Grant and Milsom there too will be interesting to see the starting line up at The first home match.

tarquinbeech
22-07-2017, 02:48 PM
HT 1-0 Notts

Good attacks 17-26....possession 42-58....corners 1-4...shots on target 4-4....off target 3-4

tarquinbeech
22-07-2017, 03:06 PM
Ameobi heads the ball home but is penalised for a foul in the build-up.

tarquinbeech
22-07-2017, 03:10 PM
Poor turnout

This afternoon's attendance is 1,570 (125 visitors). Thank you for your support!

SwalePie
22-07-2017, 03:12 PM
53' #Notts (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Notts?src=hash) 1-0 Wigan. Excellent anticipation from Hollis, who nips in ahead of Massey to deny his opponent a certain goal.

:O

tarquinbeech
22-07-2017, 03:20 PM
1-1

tarquinbeech
22-07-2017, 03:22 PM
The visitors break the offside trap and cross the ball low into the area. Duffy can only turn into his own net.

tarquinbeech
22-07-2017, 03:25 PM
Wigan 2-1 up

tarquinbeech
22-07-2017, 03:28 PM
Wigan 2-1 up

Another cross from the right causes issues, finding its way through to Callum Lang who scores from close range.

tarquinbeech
22-07-2017, 03:31 PM
Smith, Dickinson, Grant, Milsom and Forte replace Jones, Alessandra, Hawkridge Walker and Stead.
0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

tarquinbeech
22-07-2017, 03:48 PM
Final stats show that Wigan had a lot more of the ball....and got it into good areas...hence they won 2-1

33-45 good attacks
43-57 possession........

However Notts had loads of chances but couldn't score more than the one goal

8-7 shots on target and 5-4 off target

DelroyFacey22
22-07-2017, 04:55 PM
Grant and Tootle (twice) could have scored, I don't remember Adam Collin making a save, Alessandra looked good, Wigan took their two chances on the break well, Alan Smith shouldn't be anywhere near the team as a striker at this point in pre season imo.

Elite_Pie
22-07-2017, 05:00 PM
Disappointing to concede carbon copy goals from the only two real chances they had, but a mildly encouraging performance overall. Apart from the goal the two biggest cheers were when the ref finally gave Ameobi a free kick after an hour, and a stunning bit of close control and backheel in front of the main stand by Hollis.

Yes, I did say Hollis!

ancientpie
22-07-2017, 05:08 PM
Poor turnout

This afternoon's attendance is 1,570 (125 visitors). Thank you for your support!

A "poor turnout" until you realise that some teams in our league struggle to average this in games that matter. Two friendlies in 4 days still costs money & it was a fantastic turnout on Wednesday! Another good run out & enjoyable game but we have learned very little, Ameobi is beginning to show his class which should be good news but we still cannot defend which is the bad news, as posted before I will reserve judgement until the season begins,but there is still work to be done.

arnapie
22-07-2017, 05:21 PM
but we still cannot defend which is the bad news,

Didn't think it was possible, but the defence is as bad as, if not worse than last season. Hollis just seems to get worse every season.

nay123
22-07-2017, 05:39 PM
Didn't think it was possible, but the defence is as bad as, if not worse than last season. Hollis just seems to get worse every seaare you tellson. are you telling use that that usles lump can be any worse than last year

Elite_Pie
22-07-2017, 05:50 PM
Hollis had a decent game today. Some on here decide he was useless before a ball has been kicked.

Elite_Pie
22-07-2017, 05:52 PM
Alessandra scored the best goal of the three, he looks a decent addition.

nottsco2002
22-07-2017, 05:57 PM
Well at least we scored and created plenty. I see the favourites to storm league 2 with their WOW squad got hammered 4-0. We may not be as bad as some think. Time will tell.

countygump
22-07-2017, 06:00 PM
Well at least we scored and created plenty. I see the favourites to storm league 2 with their WOW squad got hammered 4-0. We may not be as bad as some think. Time will tell.

As it stands, we are nowhere near good enough for promotion.

DelroyFacey22
22-07-2017, 06:18 PM
Duffy and Hollis aren't good enough... However... Wigan didn't trouble us at all apart from the two counter attacks they scored from so that should be seen as somewhat of a positive against a League One team imo

countygump
22-07-2017, 06:43 PM
Nolo post Wigwam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23ySqai0H38

Grant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6EqkcmU7Fo

Goal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge7_CjicRkU

jackal2
22-07-2017, 08:20 PM
Duffy and Hollis aren't good enough... However... Wigan didn't trouble us at all apart from the two counter attacks they scored from so that should be seen as somewhat of a positive against a League One team imo

If we start the season with Duffy and Hollis as our centre-half combination, then we won't be challenging for promotion and we could even end up in a spot of bother. It is scarcely believable that a professional club at this level has gone on for so many years without addressing an absolutely glaring flaw in the spine of the team.

SmiffyPie
22-07-2017, 09:09 PM
If we start the season with Duffy and Hollis as our centre-half combination, then we won't be challenging for promotion and we could even end up in a spot of bother. It is scarcely believable that a professional club at this level has gone on for so many years without addressing an absolutely glaring flaw in the spine of the team.It is mystifying why this has never been addressing and resolved. A good CH is as important to the team as the 20 goal striker.

piewoman
22-07-2017, 09:10 PM
Poor turnout

Not a bad turnout at all considering 25000 people were at splendour and a large crowd at Trent Bridge for the T20

LaxtonLad
22-07-2017, 09:25 PM
Hollis had a decent game today. Some on here decide he was useless before a ball has been kicked.

Hollis has improved no end since Nolly arrived, but only if the opposition never score a goal and Hollis scores a goal a game will he get anything but abuse from folk who have, before the season has started, found their reason for us not dominating every game we play.

nw6pie
22-07-2017, 09:41 PM
It's a concern when you play OK and still end up conceding two goals. But not surprising with Laurel and Hardy as centre halves. We need two decent, commanding CBs in by August 5 or we are in for a repeat of last season.

jackal2
22-07-2017, 10:33 PM
Hollis has improved no end since Nolly arrived, but only if the opposition never score a goal and Hollis scores a goal a game will he get anything but abuse from folk who have, before the season has started, found their reason for us not dominating every game we play.

Well, I think I'm as big an advocate for our home-grown players as anyone on here, and I've argued on other threads that we are far too hasty to release them before they can develop. I can't say that about Hollis though, because, if anything, he has regressed compared with the player he was when he first broke into the side. I think he's been given more than enough time to prove he can perform consistently as a league player, and he hasn't done it. Along with the rest of the team he showed some improvement under Nolan, but let's not overstate it. Quite a few of the goals we conceded even in the latter part of last season were closely linked to his mistakes and losses of concentration. I thought he would finally be released this summer, but whilever he's still here I can't regard him as anything more than a back-up option.

tarquinbeech
22-07-2017, 11:55 PM
Not a bad turnout at all considering 25000 people were at splendour and a large crowd at Trent Bridge for the T20

I stand corrected....less than 1,500 Notts fans for the last pre-season game, at home on a glorious Saturday afternoon.....against decent oppo?

Truly a decent turnout.....Sorry I wasted your time.

Bohinen
23-07-2017, 06:38 AM
It's a concern when you play OK and still end up conceding two goals. But not surprising with Laurel and Hardy as centre halves. We need two decent, commanding CBs in by August 5 or we are in for a repeat of last season.

Fair point, but was it the CB's at fault? Has anyone got a link to their goals? Both were from right wing crosses, so where was our dynamic new left back?

Iwantmypieback
23-07-2017, 07:03 AM
Fair point, but was it the CB's at fault? Has anyone got a link to their goals? Both were from right wing crosses, so where was our dynamic new left back?

Personally thought the whole defence was at fault for the first, just watched and waited for an offside flag that never came. Second goal was a mix of Jones and Hollis. Hollis wasn't watching and played their winger onside. Then Jones didn't cut out the cross and Hollis again could have cleared. Thought on yesterday's display, Dickinson should start and a new centre back signed to replace Hollis

Bridg4d_Pie_
23-07-2017, 01:00 PM

Precisely !!!!! :mad:

Bridg4d_Pie_
23-07-2017, 01:05 PM
A "poor turnout" until you realise that some teams in our league struggle to average this in games that matter. Two friendlies in 4 days still costs money & it was a fantastic turnout on Wednesday! Another good run out & enjoyable game but we have learned very little, Ameobi is beginning to show his class which should be good news but we still cannot defend which is the bad news, as posted before I will reserve judgement until the season begins,but there is still work to be done.

Then you wake up and see there is Notts versus Derby T20 at Trent Bridge 2-30 start. Not forgetting the Splendor Festival at Wollaton Park and its only a friendly, could be put down to Bad Planning on NCFC's behalf.

Bridg4d_Pie_
23-07-2017, 01:10 PM

Spot On, Moan Moan f**K|ng Moan, still if its not Hollis it will be some other poor suspecting player. FACT.

Good job he's a Big Lad. ;D

Bridg4d_Pie_
23-07-2017, 01:12 PM
I stand corrected....less than 1,500 Notts fans for the last pre-season game, at home on a glorious Saturday afternoon.....against decent oppo?

Truly a decent turnout.....Sorry I wasted your time.

Ha Ha stick to the Goat Herding. :)

navypie
23-07-2017, 01:14 PM
Personally thought the whole defence was at fault for the first, just watched and waited for an offside flag that never came. Second goal was a mix of Jones and Hollis. Hollis wasn't watching and played their winger onside. Then Jones didn't cut out the cross and Hollis again could have cleared. Thought on yesterday's display, Dickinson should start and a new centre back signed to replace Hollis

We really are in trouble if anyone thinks Dickenhead should start , I didn't go yesterday but against Forest I thought Jones was ok , nothing special but ok. As for Walker , well I wasn't impressed by him but he was up against a side with far more talented players than we have and I happen to think he looked like he had a decent left foot and he could be an asset at set pieces so I would give a contract .