PDA

View Full Version : Barnsley v Huddersfield

EastStandRed
22-07-2017, 02:14 PM

anstonred
22-07-2017, 03:19 PM
ESR, please, please keep updating - I'm in France and can't get live coverage cos of the changeover from PlayerHD to iFollow (no app yet)

EastStandRed
22-07-2017, 03:27 PM
5 - Both teams looking to attack early on. Angus MacDonald has had the first bit of action clearing well from a Huddersfield corner.

10 - Still no chances to report on from Oakwell as both teams continue to settle into the match. 0-0

15 - The visitors have controlled the majority of the ball so far but neither side have had any clear cut chances.

EastStandRed
22-07-2017, 03:29 PM
20 - Superb link-up play on the wing between Yiadom, Hammill and Moncur continues to push the Reds forward.

22 - WHAT A SAVE! Stefan Payne looks certain to have scored with a header but a stunning save from Lossl goes for a corner.

24 - The Reds have been on the end of a few fouls in the opening period. Mowatt will get the chance to cross in again on the wing.

anstonred
22-07-2017, 03:32 PM
ESR, you are a star'

EastStandRed
22-07-2017, 03:37 PM

EastStandRed
22-07-2017, 03:37 PM
ESR, you are a star'

:D

EastStandRed
22-07-2017, 03:39 PM

EastStandRed
22-07-2017, 03:40 PM
Ince and Hammill

EastStandRed
22-07-2017, 03:49 PM
Half time 0-0

anstonred
22-07-2017, 04:03 PM
Many many thanks

EastStandRed
22-07-2017, 04:18 PM
47 - A stunning goal-line block from Angus MacDonald denies Joe Lolley an opening goal after he found space to shoot.

53 - A persistent run down the wing from Hammill see's him beat his man, before his cross is blocked for a corner.

57 - A quick Huddersfield break gives Lolley the chance to shoot again, but his effort is blazed over the bar this time.

58 - Chris Lowe cuts inside and shoots, Davies makes a good save and Lindsay clears the danger up the field.

EastStandRed
22-07-2017, 04:20 PM
CHANGE: Ike Ugbo is replaced by Jacob Brown.

EastStandRed
22-07-2017, 04:23 PM
63 - Stunning one-handed diving save from Adam Davies denies Collin Quaner at close range. 0-0

Loads saying this is the best save they've ever seen !!

Acido
22-07-2017, 04:40 PM
63 - Stunning one-handed diving save from Adam Davies denies Collin Quaner at close range. 0-0
Loads saying this is the best save they've ever seen !!

Sounds like a decent game Esr, for a 0-0 anyway.
Who is your motm, and has anybody really impressed for us today.

EastStandRed
22-07-2017, 04:43 PM
71 - The visitors are having a prolonged spell of possession in and around their own half. 0-0

79 - A quiet 10 minutes or so at Oakwell as neither side have had a chance, with possession being exchanged. 0-0

84 - Jacob Brown has made a real nuisance of himself up-top, and links up with Hammill to win a throw deep in the Huddersfield half.

Ponte_Steve24
22-07-2017, 04:44 PM
Cant be that good if thas reported us winning a throw in lol XD

EastStandRed
22-07-2017, 04:48 PM
89 - Goal Huddersfield - Mounie flicks the ball over Davies' head and into the back of the net from a long ball. 0-1

Some things never change

animallittle3
22-07-2017, 04:49 PM
Never knew Town had signed Tom Ince for 11 milion quid , must have been away last week when they completed that .

Fecking hell , he's had two goes at the PL now and not cut it so far .

Naki Wells , straight swap for Yiadom anyone .

animallittle3
22-07-2017, 04:50 PM
89 - Goal Huddersfield - Mounie flicks the ball over Davies' head and into the back of the net from a long ball. 0-1

Some things never change

Bet that's just made Jules afternoon , feckin hell .

EastStandRed
22-07-2017, 04:51 PM
Full time 0-1

Ponte_Steve24
22-07-2017, 04:52 PM
I'd go along with that Animal. It might happen too. Shame about last minute winner but it wouldn't be Barnsley without a little lapse. No points on offer so happy we've held our own.

bankendbfc
22-07-2017, 04:55 PM
so how do you think we should fare based on that performance? narrowly losing to a now premier league club, does it give any kind of indication?

Ponte_Steve24
22-07-2017, 04:58 PM
I'd say it does barring a late lapse the result shows there's still only a goal between the two sides. As there was last season. So taking the result in isolation at least we haven't gone backwards.

Acido
22-07-2017, 05:01 PM
Never knew Town had signed Tom Ince for 11 milion quid , must have been away last week when they completed that .
Fecking hell , he's had two goes at the PL now and not cut it so far .
Naki Wells , straight swap for Yiadom anyone .

Damn, they snatched it in the 89th minute. :(
Hudds are surely the toughest team we've played so far, so Im interested to hear how we did from more fans who were there.

And Ive also thought about a cash and player swap with Yids & Wells Animal, but aren't they going off the deal now.

Floridatyke
22-07-2017, 05:03 PM
Thank you ESR

Ponte_Steve24
22-07-2017, 05:07 PM
What for Florida? Ruining your saturday night curry? No I appreciate these reports. Last minute worst time to concede. Only a friendly :D

anstonred
22-07-2017, 05:11 PM
ESR, merci from France!

DOOALI
22-07-2017, 05:19 PM
How many lapses in dying minutes last season that cost us points I know this is a new team and I just hope we don't have a repeat.They should put a big sign up in dressing room THE GAME FINISHES WHEN REF BLOW'S HIS WHISTLE FOR FULL TIME

Floridatyke
22-07-2017, 05:34 PM
Curry not here Steve.

Ponte_Steve24
22-07-2017, 05:36 PM
Like Dooali ;D I bet they've never thought of that. I bet we're on a par for worst team conceding late goals. I've seen us three nil up against Stockport County with five minutes to play and draw 3-3.

Ponte_Steve24
22-07-2017, 05:39 PM
Gator burgers on a barbie with a few light beers Florida? Love to try some of more outrageous cuisine. I'm doing a chilli con carne for me n' Laura tonight. Might av' gone overboard with chilli powder. It's got some kick to it :D

Jules88
22-07-2017, 06:18 PM
Yup. All week is gonna be Sh8te!

Redstew
22-07-2017, 06:41 PM
My guess is that, that is close to the starting line up Hecky will field against Bristol City.
Taking into account that it was a friendly, and both sides are still finding out what they are about, I thought it was a decent game.
They didn't like being closed down,even though we matched their skill levels most of the time. Some of their multi-million pound players looked quite ordinary. Let's face it, the only way they were going to score was from a mistake at the back, or a lump over the top.
Good workout overall, I'm sure Hecky will, in the main, be satisfied with the effort from all who played. No standout performance from anyone for me.

POGGYWELL
22-07-2017, 07:20 PM
Yids stood out for me a class act.

Acido
22-07-2017, 07:49 PM
Hopefully that wasnt his parting gift to us though, like when Hourihane played a blinder against Leeds it turned out to be his last game. Were Hudds a dirty team by the way or just a bit too 'physical' (and there is a slight difference in the two).

Edit: Ive found the highlights, lets watch them and ignore what happened in the 89th minute!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOkk-2R06Qc

yorkshireborn
22-07-2017, 11:11 PM
If Hudders play like that in prem there going to get mullerd
overall decent match had 0-0 all over it till a typical last min lapse in concentration.
bit pi553d off with carpark going up in price to a fiver.

animallittle3
22-07-2017, 11:22 PM
If Hudders play like that in prem there going to get mullerd
overall decent match had 0-0 all over it till a typical last min lapse in concentration.
bit pi553d off with carpark going up in price to a fiver.

From what I'm hearing they were very physical and that's not a bad thing with what they face this season .

That was the trouble with us in 97 , wanted to be nice and play football , once we got to grips with it after xmas and got stuck in instead of admiring the opposition we held our own .

Seems to me that Wagner knows what it takes to have a chance of staying up this season and they got some practice in today .

Fair play , wouldn't surprise me to see them survive a season up there or at least be in with a decent shout of staying up come the last day .

Jules88
22-07-2017, 11:39 PM
Hopefully that wasnt his parting gift to us though, like when Hourihane played a blinder against Leeds it turned out to be his last game. Were Hudds a dirty team by the way or just a bit too 'physical' (and there is a slight difference in the two).

Edit: Ive found the highlights, lets watch them and ignore what happened in the 89th minute!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOkk-2R06Qc

Yes.... thats just what I need.....
to watch that fecking keeper, kick ONE DECENT BALL ALL AFTERNOON! And it spoils my whole week.!
Tell ya.... it'll be Davies that German Bar Steward comes for. Not Yids. Painted on....

More Lucid comments from Mr Angry of HD5 tomorrow !!!!

Acido
22-07-2017, 11:50 PM
Are we a little bit peed off here Jules ? lol.
Barring the late goal though and the 0-1 loss, the Hudds team have spent almost 50 mill and they didnt play us off the park today did they. If we do learn anything from today then thats got to be a positive!!

animallittle3
22-07-2017, 11:54 PM
Yes.... thats just what I need.....
to watch that fecking keeper, kick ONE DECENT BALL ALL AFTERNOON! And it spoils my whole week.!
Tell ya.... it'll be Davies that German Bar Steward comes for. Not Yids. Painted on....

More Lucid comments from Mr Angry of HD5 tomorrow !!!!

I feel your pain mate , it's just their time Jules , same as ourselves and Bradford .

Normal service will be resumed in a couple of years time .

Acido
23-07-2017, 12:04 AM
I feel your pain mate , it's just their time Jules , same as ourselves and Bradford .
Normal service will be resumed in a couple of years time .

I think we all expect Huddersfield to struggle and come straight back down.
But lets ask a year from now, will they be a force in the Champship after relegation and the ludicrous parash*ite payments ?

bankendbfc
23-07-2017, 06:10 AM
with the money that the premier league clubs are getting plus parachute payments for the ones that go down, i think thats your new premier league. forever,same 20 odd teams, it'd take a miracle for the others to compete, the team that finishes bottom still gets 60 odd million so how that for a warchest in the championship?

yorkshireborn
23-07-2017, 06:37 AM
forgot to add mowatt was poor hammill played well ugbo looked ok you can see the chelsea quality but there just wasn't the movement id expected from a chelsea player and i really can't see bradshaw getting 10 goals this season.

pass_and_move
23-07-2017, 07:02 AM
I think we all expect Huddersfield to struggle and come straight back down.
But lets ask a year from now, will they be a force in the Champship after relegation and the ludicrous parash*ite payments ?

I hope they stay up. At least they didn't buy promotion like many others do. I don't like them but respect what they achieved. I think many people wrote us off as hopeless when we reached the greed league purely on our name. The Swanseas, Burnley's and Huddersfields are needed in that league

KINDERSCOUT
23-07-2017, 10:49 AM
Thanks ESR

Acido
24-07-2017, 01:27 PM
I hope they stay up. At least they didn't buy promotion like many others do. I don't like them but respect what they achieved. I think many people wrote us off as hopeless when we reached the greed league purely on our name. The Swanseas, Burnley's and Huddersfields are needed in that league

I dont, and they didnt exactly deserve to win either of those play off matches as they went to the lottery of penalties.
(and I admit we had the same luck on our side when we won the Final against Swansea also on pens)

EastStandRed
24-07-2017, 05:32 PM
They were the better side against Wednesday

Acido
24-07-2017, 05:45 PM
Which isnt saying much is it, but they were appalling against Reading in what was a dire game all round.
And I think it sucks that they were allowed to get away with fielding a blatantly weaker side in some matches involving the relegation threatened teams.
Until the FL look at that course of action, it cant be called breaking the rules but it doesnt make it right.

EastStandRed
24-07-2017, 05:59 PM
I think they deserved to go up more than Wednesday and Leeds as they were above them all season. Also don't see what's wrong with using your full squad as you feel the need.
Just my opinion like :P

Acido
24-07-2017, 06:23 PM
Ok I couldnt help but laugh when they won on pens and put the Fowls out. :P
What would we have thought though if we'd gone down like Blackburn, because Hudds didnt give a damn in one particular game against our relegation rivals Birmingham ? Theres a thin dividing line here between using the squad rotation thing, and absolutely taking the poss.

EastStandRed
24-07-2017, 08:18 PM
It's the way it goes for me. Its down to you to win your own game rather than worry what's happening elsewhere.

Acido
24-07-2017, 08:26 PM
Btw Esr, let me try again to show how to embed vids on here!!
Click on 'Reply With Quote' on my match video on this thread, and you will see the link for the video.
(and bear in mind I cant post the whole link toghether, or it will just show/embed the video and you will be none the wiser.)

All of these youtube vids have a unique 11 digit-letter code, and "fOkk-2R06Qc" is the code for this video.
This is the first part of it anyway... [video=youtube;fOkk-2R06Qc]

Acido
24-07-2017, 08:54 PM
And the rest of the link is... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOkk-2R06Qc[/video]

(if its a different video then the 'fOkk-2R06Qc' bit would be a different 11 digit-number code.)

Put the two parts of the link together and dont leave any gaps in between, and viola!! lol.
Actually I dont know if any fan can show/embed vids on here or whether its just mods who can do it.

EastStandRed
24-07-2017, 09:07 PM
It just comes up with the link. Still don't get it :?
Don't really get your instructions Acido, sorry bit thick with anything like that

Acido
24-07-2017, 09:10 PM
It just come up with the link. Still don't get it :?

Put [video=youtube;fOkk-2R06Qc] before that, all as one long 'word' and it should work.
I agree its ridiculous why they make it so confusing, youtube never used to be this petty when it came to their video links etc.

EastStandRed
24-07-2017, 09:14 PM
nope dunt work mate

Exiletyke
24-07-2017, 09:19 PM
Perhaps I can help

Highlight the fOkk-2R06Qc & press Ctrl c to copy

Then go to the you tube site & on the address bar [URL] press Ctrl v
& voila

Acido
24-07-2017, 09:19 PM
This is the first part of any video Esr... [video=youtube;...........] and you put the 11 digit-number code where the dots are.

EastStandRed
24-07-2017, 09:26 PM
Perhaps I can help

Highlight the fOkk-2R06Qc & press Ctrl c to copy

Then go to the you tube site & on the address bar [URL] press Ctrl v
& voila

I use a phone on this site Exile so not sure that works . Thanks anyway

Exiletyke
24-07-2017, 09:30 PM
My apologies ESR

Acido
24-07-2017, 09:37 PM
Then following on immediately from that with no spaces is the next bit... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[/url]...........[/video]
and once again, you put the 11 digit code into the space where dots are.