PDA

View Full Version : Mitrovic

Nufc24Mag
22-07-2017, 02:18 PM
Gets a game scores a goal............ hatrick for him today :)

MidsMagpie
22-07-2017, 02:54 PM
He is having a great game :)

waalsendmick
22-07-2017, 02:55 PM
he's smashed a shot off the post as well.

NorthernRock
22-07-2017, 03:50 PM
People have been too quick to write the lad off as a flop, he was regarded as one of the best young strikers in Europe when we signed him. Aye he has been a disappointment largely but let's see how he does given a run in the team with Rafa... Last chance? We've given enough to players with far less commitment/work rate than him man.

Cannylad
22-07-2017, 06:47 PM
FFS get real, it's a friendly against Preston not a PL game against tough opposition........

waalsendmick
22-07-2017, 07:08 PM
he needs a run in the team. I think his goals return is actually quite good considering he has never been given 10 games or so.

at the moment, other than Gayle, he is all we have, so we best get behind the lad!

Nufc24Mag
22-07-2017, 07:13 PM
FFS get real, it's a friendly against Preston not a PL game against tough opposition........

He got 9 goals in about 25 games against PL OPPOSITION in his first season

ex_pat_magpie
22-07-2017, 07:40 PM
He got 9 goals in about 25 games against PL OPPOSITION in his first season

And a lot of those 25 games he was a non starter and only came on as sub so minutes per goal he wasn't far behind Gayle.

NorthernRock
22-07-2017, 08:12 PM

Get real?

He is only 22 years old tbf mate.

A season classed as a bad one for him by most doubters in his first year playing in England's top flight and he still got 9 goals in a ****ing poor team that badly under-performed through most of that year barring the odd game.

Scores regularly at international level against decent teams.

Scored a fair few for Anderlecht when he was young, very similar to Lakaku's form iirc...

Didn't smash the league last season as expected but wasn't a regular starter tbf and the fact most thought he'd score more surely shows they think he has some sort of potential?

"Supports" the toon and does at least show passion and work ethic.

Surely deserves a proper chance in my opinion.

Cannylad
22-07-2017, 08:56 PM
Funny, Rafa doesn't seem too impressed with him, he wants rid. :O

Nufc24Mag
22-07-2017, 09:48 PM
Funny, Rafa doesn't seem too impressed with him, he wants rid. :O

We need 3 Stirkers Gayle,Mitrovic,And a striker who will guarantee 15-20 goals

Zippity
22-07-2017, 09:54 PM
We need 3 Stirkers Gayle,Mitrovic,And a striker who will guarantee 15-20 goals

Yup. This.

Been saying for ages that we need a new number 1 striker. I'd like Gayle to get a shot but, with his record last time in the Prem, I think we need someone else too.

pboromag
23-07-2017, 05:25 AM
rafa would have played him more last season if he fancied him

he isnt disciplined isnt good enough and yesterday he was playing aginst a piss poor side and looked ok

our back 4 looked poor and we created little

if that is the side tha goes into the prem
god help us

i admit we made loads of changes but we ddidnt look different class

i hope it opened rafas eyes to what he has

NorthernRock
23-07-2017, 07:32 AM
rafa would have played him more last season if he fancied him

he isnt disciplined isnt good enough and yesterday he was playing aginst a piss poor side and looked ok

our back 4 looked poor and we created little

if that is the side tha goes into the prem
god help us

i admit we made loads of changes but we ddidnt look different class

i hope it opened rafas eyes to what he has

That's my feeling but tbf Gayle was scoring regularly and he was only playing 1 up.

It was a 2nd pre-season friendly, we pissed on the last year and had a close game, I don't see how this changes anything in his view other than knowing that they need a lot of work between now and the start of the season on cohesion and fitness.

He'll add the right players to make a difference, I'm sure.

Southerntoon75
23-07-2017, 08:08 AM
Would love him to be given a chance and a run of games but just think his discipline is too much of a gamble and can't be trusted

pboromag
23-07-2017, 10:22 AM
he has had the opportunity to have runs of games

but he doesnt impress

or he gets himself booked

i still think he is our sissoko
why the hell we paid what we did for him is beyond me

ghostrider
23-07-2017, 10:32 AM
If we're keeping him and there's no more strikers on the immediate menu, then it's in everyone's interests to give him good karma. Basically back him to the hilt until play/attitude dictates otherwise.

Let's not be too hasty in writing players like Mitro, off.
We can all clearly see he's not the finished article in terms of being what we would deem as a top striker and he may not be any speed machine.
However, he's football intelligent and can cause defenders lots of problems with the game he has.
Better service and a more intense pre-season from him and we could see a much improved Mitro.

Mitro would only be sold if Rafa had a much better replacement in hand, in my opinion, so there's not really much for us to worry about considering we are basically the premiership new boys.

HughieG
23-07-2017, 10:47 AM
why the hell we paid what we did for him is beyond me

Maybe it's cause he scored in more than half the games he played in Belgium at age 19-20??? It's sad that it hasn't turned out great with Mitrovic here, but you can't deny that it was an exciting buy at the time and that the man had/has loads of talent, something reaffirmed by the massive interest in him of major european clubs around the time we bought him.

NorthernRock
23-07-2017, 11:08 AM
Maybe it's cause he scored in more than half the games he played in Belgium at age 19-20??? It's sad that it hasn't turned out great with Mitrovic here, but you can't deny that it was an exciting buy at the time and that the man had/has loads of talent, something reaffirmed by the massive interest in him of major european clubs around the time we bought him.

Exactly this.

Most were saying he was an exciting signing, especially considering the interest their was in him.

We could end up letting go someone who could score the goals if given a good run then buy someone with the money who doesn't produce the goods and we're in the same position.

Atleast now he's had time to settle/adjust so it's do or die and if he "does" then I still believe we've got a very good player who's capable of scoring regularly.

Zippity
23-07-2017, 11:23 AM
Aye, you'd think it's now or never with Mitro. But, I also agree with Ghost in that we've got to get behind him now. It's no good him going into the season thinking his chances are decreasing with every miss or game he goes without scoring (even if, realistically, that's the case). As much as anything that's up to the crowd and I'm pretty confident he'll get our backing.

Jammy89
23-07-2017, 09:36 PM
Surely deserves a proper chance in my opinion.

What if that chance cost us points and points because he doesn't put the chances away though?

I want him to succeed i really do but we need him to hit hte ground running and scoring, which he doesn't seem to do.

pboromag
24-07-2017, 06:38 AM
Aye, you'd think it's now or never with Mitro. But, I also agree with Ghost in that we've got to get behind him now. It's no good him going into the season thinking his chances are decreasing with every miss or game he goes without scoring (even if, realistically, that's the case). As much as anything that's up to the crowd and I'm pretty confident he'll get our backing.

even Rafa doesn't want him

super mac thinks he is ****e
when will people learn we don't need passion we need goals and we need to see after 3 seasons him improve ,but he hasn't
people say he needs a decent run of games ,but he hasn't done enough for the manager to feel confident enough that he should be given that run of games

he needs to ge and if he does and scores which happens a lot so be it .

good luck to the lad
but at present he is taking up a shirt and a load of wages for someone that rafa doesn't feel confident enough inn to start or even when murphy was here play

TheOtherTerryMac
24-07-2017, 07:19 AM
What if that chance cost us points and points because he doesn't put the chances away though?

I want him to succeed i really do but we need him to hit hte ground running and scoring, which he doesn't seem to do.

The experienced centre halfs of the Premiership just wind him up and he ends up getting booked or sent off. He is a liability when he is in the side should be moved on asap

All this badge kissing crap doesn't win you games I can not see anything that he brings to the table. Superman wrote an article about him the other weak basically saying he was crap.

ex_pat_magpie
24-07-2017, 07:22 AM

If you look at his goals scored for minutes on the pitch, he's only fractionally behind Gayle. Then look at his record at international level for a young lad and he proves he can perform.

sherwoodmag
24-07-2017, 09:34 AM
he has had the opportunity to have runs of games

but he doesnt impress

or he gets himself booked

i still think he is our sissoko
why the hell we paid what we did for him is beyond me Is this the same Sissoko that you said was better than our present squad.

NorthernRock
24-07-2017, 09:57 AM
It's nothing to do with badge kissing or running round like a headless chicken, the lad plays with a high work ethic and that shouldn't be underestimated.

People keep on talking about his goal record but it's actually respectable when you consider the games he's played and the fact most of his first season we were absolute sht.

I personally think he deserves a chance because he's proved he can score, if he's played regularly enough I think he'll be consistent too, he is at international level.

Peterborough you say he's taking up a shirt, who would you have instead of him, realistically?

sherwoodmag
24-07-2017, 04:54 PM
My biggest problem with Mitro is his lack of discipline,I suspect it is the same with Rafa.

Southerntoon75
24-07-2017, 05:17 PM
My biggest problem with Mitro is his lack of discipline,I suspect it is the same with Rafa.

Agreed. With Shelveys temperament I think Rafa probably feels he can't risk having two hotheads in the same team

HughieG
25-07-2017, 12:37 PM
Admittedly his temper is too wild, but isn't this something Rafa should be able to manage? I mean Mitro's young and evidently loves the club, so why can't he be controlled. Probably not as easy as it sounds, but you'd think with his talent that Rafa would see a diamond in the making that he could work with and develop.

I think it's a mistake letting Mitro go, and I'm tempted to say that he should start ahead of Gayle (whom I also rate) next season.

ex_pat_magpie
25-07-2017, 01:15 PM
Admittedly his temper is too wild, but isn't this something Rafa should be able to manage? I mean Mitro's young and evidently loves the club, so why can't he be controlled. Probably not as easy as it sounds, but you'd think with his talent that Rafa would see a diamond in the making that he could work with and develop.

I think it's a mistake letting Mitro go, and I'm tempted to say that he should start ahead of Gayle (whom I also rate) next season.

I would imagine that he has cottoned on now with the bit part he's been playing up to now and the times Rafa will have taken him in hand and talked to him.

He's going to realise that to be successful here he had to curb his temper without curbing his enthusiasm.

TheOtherTerryMac
25-07-2017, 01:37 PM
I would imagine that he has cottoned on now with the bit part he's been playing up to now and the times Rafa will have taken him in hand and talked to him.

He's going to realise that to be successful here he had to curb his temper without curbing his enthusiasm.

Lyon in for him with a €15 million bid personally I would snap their hands off Chumbly (I mean Ashley) wants €20 million

ex_pat_magpie
25-07-2017, 01:46 PM
Lyon in for him with a €15 million bid personally I would snap their hands off Chumbly (I mean Ashley) wants €20 million

I didn't realise there was a bid from Lyon. If that's the case and we got nearer Ashley's bluff and the money was spent on a shrewd buy of a new striker then that would do.