PDA

View Full Version : Chris Smalling

WBA53
23-07-2017, 09:07 AM
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/631771/Manchester-United-West-Brom-Transfer-News-Chris-Smallign-Jose-Mourinho-Tony-Pulis-Premier
a stitch on in my opinion.man u schooled and spinkled with the last remanents of the fergie dust ;D

TipperaryBaggie
23-07-2017, 09:53 AM
Would be a good fit alongside his former team mate Evans at centre of defence.

Palmeras
23-07-2017, 09:53 AM
Hope not

Leicesterbaggie
23-07-2017, 10:12 AM
As I stated in the post on Gibson, we appear to have an obsession with central defenders. It's at full back, both flanks, ithat we need to strengthen. We also need more creativity in midfield and yes, certainly another striker.

goodlordmurphy
23-07-2017, 11:16 AM
Not that it makes any difference but Smalling would not be a choice for me as he makes too many devastating costly mistakes.

Johnny on the spot 1
23-07-2017, 11:36 AM
Your right Leicester TP Said 3-4 new signings but Marc Wilson will be one of them , squad player at best , Smalling would good signing decent pedigree playing for MUFC as good as anyone we have , you can see the shape of the team already looks like we're going pretty much the same as last season but with a few new faces , not very inspiring, Yak for me is a liability way to slow & I always feel he will get sent at any moment a bit like Paul Robinson used to , & Rondon leading the line a joke , we need pace up top not a cart horse , hope I'm wrong but I doubt it ,

talkSAFT
23-07-2017, 12:01 PM
He's got to be thinking 3-4-2-1

Albionic68
23-07-2017, 12:24 PM
Your right Leicester TP Said 3-4 new signings but Marc Wilson will be one of them , squad player at best , Smalling would good signing decent pedigree playing for MUFC as good as anyone we have , you can see the shape of the team already looks like we're going pretty much the same as last season but with a few new faces , not very inspiring, Yak for me is a liability way to slow & I always feel he will get sent at any moment a bit like Paul Robinson used to , & Rondon leading the line a joke , we need pace up top not a cart horse , hope I'm wrong but I doubt it ,

Hmmmmmmm, I wonder whether Claudio's ever played at left back before :) ;D .

Must admit I do like Yacob though, cracking DM in my opinion B) .

mickd1961
23-07-2017, 12:44 PM
He's got to be thinking 3-4-2-1

I wouldn't be surprised if Pulis tried to play 5-5-0 and claiming that Jay Rod needs three years to get "fit".

BaggieBlood
23-07-2017, 12:52 PM
I agree with jots about yac, I think He's ok to come on to protect a winning position but we need a really good dm to start games quickly imo.

I've got a feeling when Everton do their books, they'll see their price tag on James McCarthy is ridiculous and hopefully come down from a shocking 25m to a more albionesque figure of 12-15m.

Wouldn't mind smalling, but again Imo he is quite injury prone.

Having said that he was feted as being great and van gaal, and I think he would thrive under tp, who some class as defensive minded too.

OptimisticBaggie
23-07-2017, 04:35 PM
Thre are better players than Smalling out there but their clubs want £20-30M. If the latest paper rumor is true (that Smalling is available for £10m) then I would say yes go for him.

boingy
23-07-2017, 05:36 PM
well worth it for that price. no concerns here. I would be happy for us to buy a handful of proven prem and international players for that price, something we would have thought we would never see when we were spending 16 years trying to get out of the championship.

wbaliquidator
23-07-2017, 06:40 PM
Yes lots of defenders linked.
Wonder if Evans has been promised an opportunity to play in midfield as well as the captaincy In order to keep him. Pullis did mention how he likes to play there.

Leicesterbaggie
23-07-2017, 07:10 PM
Yes lots of defenders linked.
Wonder if Evans has been promised an opportunity to play in midfield as well as the captaincy In order to keep him. Pullis did mention how he likes to play there.

This makes sense as I was thinking the same myself. Why, otherwise, would we be looking to buy another central defender?

OptimisticBaggie
24-07-2017, 04:46 PM
This makes sense as I was thinking the same myself. Why, otherwise, would we be looking to buy another central defender?

Evens and Smalling would be a excellent but injury prone partnership so it would make sense to have able deputies in Hegazy & G-Mac

BaggieBlood
24-07-2017, 08:03 PM
Rumour is that Delph is also available for 10m with us and sjoke in for him.

I hope we beat them to him, but them having sold whelan to vile doesn't help our cause.

But, if we got him and smalling for 20m, despite them having bad injury records of late, given the inflated prices about these days these would exceptional good value deals when you think we bid 8m for 33 year old fonte in the last transfer window.

That would leave about 8m left from the 40m budget for a Lb.

goodlordmurphy
24-07-2017, 11:13 PM
The one thing regarding Smalling and his injuries is that Man. Utd. do not have the best medical team.

wbaliquidator
25-07-2017, 06:39 PM
I think some of Man United injuries last year were caused by Phil Jones in their training sessions!
Jones and Craig Dawson would keep our medics busy.
Also taking of sick notes I see Victor Anicebe has now gone to China to help develop their medical expertise.