PDA

View Full Version : Wilder and Board support

Blade for Life
23-07-2017, 09:21 AM
I listened to Wilders interview this week and he is clearly frustrated that money politics and chairmans egos are getting in the way of his player recruitment plans. I get that we don't want to be shafted, as we have in the past, and I get that SUFC is run like a proper business now. However in business you sometimes have to look ahead and occasionally spend a bit more to grow and get better. With all the sell on fees from ex-players the recruitment is self funded anyway. For the sake of a couple of hundred thousand I can't see why we are playing hard ball over Leonard ?. Another keeper, CB and striker with pace are a must. Why wait till January when the money is already there. This season is all about staying up and it is important we have a good start. The people at the top need to pull their fingers out and give Wilder that extra bit of support to get these deals completed.

rodcurrie
23-07-2017, 09:25 AM
I listened to Wilders interview this week and he is clearly frustrated that money politics and chairmans egos are getting in the way of his player recruitment plans. I get that we don't want to be shafted, as we have in the past, and I get that SUFC is run like a proper business now. However in business you sometimes have to look ahead and occasionally spend a bit more to grow and get better. With all the sell on fees from ex-players the recruitment is self funded anyway. For the sake of a couple of hundred thousand I can't see why we are playing hard ball over Leonard ?. Another keeper, CB and striker with pace are a must. Why wait till January when the money is already there. This season is all about staying up and it is important we have a good start. The people at the top need to pull their fingers out and give Wilder that extra bit of support to get these deals completed.Didn't Tufty say after the Rovrum game he was confident of gettin deals done soon? UTCB

blades58
23-07-2017, 09:33 AM
The SSN interview was the first time I have witnessed a change in tone from CW

There was a hint of frustration

He did say he's done what he can and it's up to the powers that be to get these deals over the line

They seem to be dragging on and his frustration might be starting to show

I don't think it's always the case that it's the clubs fault as we all know, player, agent and parent club can often put obstacles in the way, but it wouldn't surprise me if we were also contributing to the length of time taken in getting these deals done

We need to show that we aren't just talking the talk.

RavBlade
23-07-2017, 09:56 AM
I listened to Wilders interview this week and he is clearly frustrated that money politics and chairmans egos are getting in the way of his player recruitment plans. I get that we don't want to be shafted, as we have in the past, and I get that SUFC is run like a proper business now. However in business you sometimes have to look ahead and occasionally spend a bit more to grow and get better. With all the sell on fees from ex-players the recruitment is self funded anyway. For the sake of a couple of hundred thousand I can't see why we are playing hard ball over Leonard ?. Another keeper, CB and striker with pace are a must. Why wait till January when the money is already there. This season is all about staying up and it is important we have a good start. The people at the top need to pull their fingers out and give Wilder that extra bit of support to get these deals completed.

Well I listened to the interview and didn't get that from it at all. He's confident the deals will get done and said as much. And what is it with this striker with pace shyte all about? We outscored everbody in Europe just about last season, we just need to male sure we keep creating enough chances for our forwards to feed on thats all. As regards spending, blow it all at once on gambles or keep our powder dry and wait until we see what, if anything is required? The latter for me, same as last season.

GrayBlade
23-07-2017, 10:14 AM
The SSN interview was the first time I have witnessed a change in tone from CW

There was a hint of frustration

He did say he's done what he can and it's up to the powers that be to get these deals over the line

They seem to be dragging on and his frustration might be starting to show

I don't think it's always the case that it's the clubs fault as we all know, player, agent and parent club can often put obstacles in the way, but it wouldn't surprise me if we were also contributing to the length of time taken in getting these deals done

We need to show that we aren't just talking the talk.

There's a new guy at the helm who's also a fan and so he should know how ***** it is to get deals over the line. That said, we did good deals in August last year.

My biggest concern being the sceptical git that I am when it comes down to United's boards and owners, is that this'll drag on and we'll also sell Brooks late on wheeling out the 'we tried but it was too late to get them over the line ...' guff. I'm still sceptical of our owners and board, we've been kicked in the goolies to often by them, but as always, I'll hold my hand up if I'm proven wrong or they pull out the stops.

Whichever way you roll it though, the club has had two unexpected windfalls (accepting most likely in stages), and so unless it's down to Wilder protecting his own wage structure, we should be able to compete if players want to come.

RavBlade
23-07-2017, 10:47 AM
There's a new guy at the helm who's also a fan and so he should know how ***** it is to get deals over the line. That said, we did good deals in August last year.

My biggest concern being the sceptical git that I am when it comes down to United's boards and owners, is that this'll drag on and we'll also sell Brooks late on wheeling out the 'we tried but it was too late to get them over the line ...' guff. I'm still sceptical of our owners and board, we've been kicked in the goolies to often by them, but as always, I'll hold my hand up if I'm proven wrong or they pull out the stops.

Whichever way you roll it though, the club has had two unexpected windfalls (accepting most likely in stages), and so unless it's down to Wilder protecting his own wage structure, we should be able to compete if players want to come.

I think any frustration Wilder has is just over the time its taking to get these deals done. We know for a fact, as he's said so himself, that he likes to get deals done quickly, if not he moves on. It's just that in these instances he' not moved on, which would indicate a strong desire to get these particular players in.

FatherKnowsBest
23-07-2017, 10:56 AM
I think any frustration Wilder has is just over the time its taking to get these deals done. We know for a fact, as he's said so himself, that he likes to get deals done quickly, if not he moves on. It's just that in these instances he' not moved on, which would indicate a strong desire to get these particular players in.

Easy to bash the directors, when it might just be that deals are dragging on anyhow, players playing one club off against another, that sort of thing. Not like we don't see this stuff every year is it? As for the windfalls, I doubt very much we've had the cheque from Spurs yet. Depending in the terms of the contract it may turn up in several months or in bits. We're guessing, aren't we, like we always do, and probably not getting near the truth of it.

Still, we haven't signed a player this week so can I just add "Boooooo! McCabe ahhhtttt!"

blades58
23-07-2017, 11:21 AM
Well I listened to the interview and didn't get that from it at all. He's confident the deals will get done and said as much. And what is it with this striker with pace shyte all about? We outscored everbody in Europe just about last season, we just need to male sure we keep creating enough chances for our forwards to feed on thats all. As regards spending, blow it all at once on gambles or keep our powder dry and wait until we see what, if anything is required? The latter for me, same as last season.

There were a couple of interviews Rav. The one I'm referring to was on the night of the Chessie game and it was on SSN that evening. He's done another interview where any frustration didn't show. Well if it was there it was less obvious.

He said he'd done all he can. I think he also said it was now out of his hands and it was up to the powers that be to get the deals done

blades58
23-07-2017, 11:25 AM

I think tbh Gray, there's many who take your view

Many of us are sceptical where our board is concerned

bulmer1889
23-07-2017, 11:53 AM

Three unexpected windfalls don't forget we got somethin from Brighton for Murphy helping them to promotion

every little helps

bulmer1889
23-07-2017, 12:01 PM
Easy to bash the directors, when it might just be that deals are dragging on anyhow, players playing one club off against another, that sort of thing. Not like we don't see this stuff every year is it? As for the windfalls, I doubt very much we've had the cheque from Spurs yet. Depending in the terms of the contract it may turn up in several months or in bits. We're guessing, aren't we, like we always do, and probably not getting near the truth of it.

Still, we haven't signed a player this week so can I just add "Boooooo! McCabe ahhhtttt!"

We may not have got the money yet but McCabe has history of spending money against guaranteed income (West Ham money) so that shouldn't be an obstacle

bulmer1889
23-07-2017, 12:02 PM
There were a couple of interviews Rav. The one I'm referring to was on the night of the Chessie game and it was on SSN that evening. He's done another interview where any frustration didn't show. Well if it was there it was less obvious.

He said he'd done all he can. I think he also said it was now out of his hands and it was up to the powers that be to get the deals done

Wasn't the chezzy interview the one where he said he was confident the targets would come in

RavBlade
23-07-2017, 12:08 PM

It isn't really in his hands anyway 58. He just identifies who he wants to set the wheels in motion, others then do the business part. That in itself is difficult enough without the parent club digging their heel in. Even though Wilder has said the deals are close, I could envisage him saying fek em we're going elsewhere.

blades58
23-07-2017, 12:09 PM
Wasn't the chezzy interview the one where he said he was confident the targets would come in

There were two interviews Bulmer.

The one I'm referring to is the SSN interview straight after the game

I don't remember him saying that in that particular interview. CW seemed slightly agitated about these deals still not being completed and how we need to get them sorted and how he had done all he can and it was up to others to get them over the line.

RavBlade
23-07-2017, 12:09 PM

Yes it was Bully. Like I said, it's probably just the time its taking thats doing his nut in.

Blade for Life
23-07-2017, 01:01 PM
Can't understand the Southend chairman, Leonard wants to go. He wants more money but if that is offered and accepted late it gives Brown no time to get a replacement in. Russian roulette with the club by his ego.

Desun73
23-07-2017, 01:42 PM

Different league Rav, pace is required in this team, especially away from home when possession off the ball will be low!
You need to be stretching teams with quick breaks to give the defence a rest, name any forward player who is fast! No we ain't got one!

tomytony
23-07-2017, 02:06 PM
It's taken a bit longer into July than I expected for this sort of thread to be posted.

The board and owner not fulfilling their promises?

It's as predictable as what my Dad used to say to me when asking about the weather. " it'll either rain or go dark by morning".

Funny how all those defending the stance say 'well, we don't want to be ripped off' yet turn up week in, week out to have just that done to them by the owner.

Ayamonteblade
23-07-2017, 02:37 PM
Let's jump to a load of conclusions about things we know very little about - and then blame the Chairman because its definitely his fault.

Those that are unhappy should go to the fans forum to complain....but I doubt they will.

RavBlade
23-07-2017, 02:54 PM
Different league Rav, pace is required in this team, especially away from home when possession off the ball will be low!
You need to be stretching teams with quick breaks to give the defence a rest, name any forward player who is fast! No we ain't got one!

Want to name me all the forwards with other champ clubs that have this 'pace' ? One of the most prolific goal scorers in this league that now resides at the sty is hardly Usain Bolt.

RavBlade
23-07-2017, 02:56 PM
Can't understand the Southend chairman, Leonard wants to go. He wants more money but if that is offered and accepted late it gives Brown no time to get a replacement in. Russian roulette with the club by his ego.

Just trying to squeeze as much money out of us as he can BFL.

tomytony
23-07-2017, 03:35 PM
Let's jump to a load of conclusions about things we know very little about - and then blame the Chairman because its definitely his fault.

Those that are unhappy should go to the fans forum to complain....but I doubt they will.

And along comes Aya.

I get the impression you'd spend your life attending forums because it seems there's so much you know little about.

'Jumping to conclusions'?

Big money was promised when we got to the 2nd division, Big money has not materialised. That's not jumping, that's fact

Ayamonteblade
23-07-2017, 03:46 PM
And along comes Aya.

I get the impression you'd spend your life attending forums because it seems there's so much you know little about.

'Jumping to conclusions'?

Big money was promised when we got to the 2nd division, Big money has not materialised. That's not jumping, that's fact

I am very aware that you think I am thick, illiterate and stupid TT, but at least I am never rude, unlike you.

rodcurrie
23-07-2017, 03:55 PM
I am very aware that you think I am thick, illiterate and stupid TT, but at least I am never rude, unlike you.Not that thick then Monte if ya know all that eh?:) UTCB

PaleThinBoy
23-07-2017, 04:05 PM
Basically McCabe is just a Tory. Promises spending, but really its all just lies. UTB

seanbeanstattoo
23-07-2017, 04:35 PM
I am very aware that you think I am thick, illiterate and stupid TT, but at least I am never rude, unlike you.

Just as long as thas not burnt puddins today eh!

FatherKnowsBest
23-07-2017, 04:45 PM
What are we saying then? If the manager has given the board his list, and they have made the funds available to sign them all, this isn't enough now?

GrayBlade
23-07-2017, 04:53 PM

I'll not know if I'm going to be unhappy for another 5 weeks Aya. Will they do another forum in September? ;D

tomytony
23-07-2017, 05:02 PM

As usual, a bit right but a lot wrong but it's SBT who's asking the pertinent questions. :)

bulmer1889
23-07-2017, 05:06 PM
None of their strikers have any pace either hasn't stopped them from thinkin they're goin to p iss the league again

Blade for Life
23-07-2017, 05:21 PM
Just to clarify this is not a McCabe bashing thread. I appreciate that he puts money into a loss making club to keep everything running. We also should not keep dragging up past mistakes it helps nothing and no one. The point is we could have signed Leonard by now by offering an extra £200,000. Wilder would then be able to concentrate on other targets. We are too busy playing brinkmanship and trying to prove a point. We do not want to be scrambling at the last minute. Hopefully we will some movement this week.

tomytony
23-07-2017, 05:28 PM
FAO Aya.

If you like back carefully at the posts mentioning illiteracy it's not me, It's Rod who first uses the word, albeit wrongly.It's Rod who pairs the two of you together under that category, not me

I referred to comprehension and assimilation and,whilst you may consider it rude , I never mentioned illiterate. You, to coin a phrase you used earlier, jumped to that conclusion and , if you think about it, the lack of comprehension and assimilation I did mention, has been displayed by you again.

You keep giving examples of it and I'll continue topoint it out. If you find that rude then you need to think about what you read and what you post in response before playing the 'hurt' card.

seanbeanstattoo
23-07-2017, 05:34 PM
Better be proper onion gravy an all !!!

RavBlade
23-07-2017, 07:11 PM
None of their strikers have any pace either hasn't stopped them from thinkin they're goin to p iss the league again

I just don't buy this 'pace' rubbish at all Bully. Just remind me how many goals Teddy Sheringham scored again ? and I could have beaten him over 15 yards wearing Mrs Ravs high heels!

tomytony
23-07-2017, 07:19 PM
I just don't buy this 'pace' rubbish at all Bully. Just remind me how many goals Teddy Sheringham scored again ? and I could have beaten him over 15 yards wearing Mrs Ravs high heels!

Any chance of one of those recontructions Baddiel and Skinner used to do on their show Rav?

RavBlade
23-07-2017, 07:34 PM
Any chance of one of those recontructions Baddiel and Skinner used to do on their show Rav?

XD you on about fantasy football tt? Was a brilliant show that. Anyway, I'll see if Mrs Rav wil loan me a pair of heels. My legs aren't the best mind.

tomytony
23-07-2017, 07:42 PM
XD you on about fantasy football tt? Was a brilliant show that. Anyway, I'll see if Mrs Rav wil loan me a pair of heels. My legs aren't the best mind.

Fantasy Football- just wouldn't come to me. Age is winning :( - same with your legs? :)

bulmer1889
23-07-2017, 07:47 PM

I'll be in concord park wi dog tomorrow rav I'll take me smarter than me phone specially for rod so I can record everything for posterities sake

RavBlade
23-07-2017, 10:30 PM
Fantasy Football- just wouldn't come to me. Age is winning :( - same with your legs? :)

Age overtook my legs ages ago tt sadly. OK walking a fair amount, but chasing the bladder days are gone. It's more the bladder chasing the legs now XD

RavBlade
23-07-2017, 10:30 PM
I'll be in concord park wi dog tomorrow rav I'll take me smarter than me phone specially for rod so I can record everything for posterities sake

Rod into kinky sh1t like that then ?:P

seanbeanstattoo
23-07-2017, 10:48 PM
Rod into kinky sh1t like that then ?:P

LOL. Rod is a diamond. Straight John Bull. Not sure what he keeps under his hat though!!!

BlockD
23-07-2017, 10:51 PM
LOL. Rod is a diamond. Straight John Bull. Not sure what he keeps under his hat though!!!

It is certainly not his brains

rodcurrie
24-07-2017, 08:00 AM
It is certainly not his brainsHark at Mastermind,:)Rav i was more of a Small Faces fan than the Kinks(altho they were good)Stevie Marriott was a gr8 singer but when they grew into the FACES(late 60's) obviously the singer they had then was better than Stevie and every other singer,and the FACES remain my favrit group.Cheers Beany as ya know it aint much Hair i keep under mi hat,but unlike some posters i don't try to gi the impression that i know everythin abart everythin,after all i'm just a family man,music fan and a TRUE BLADE what more could anyone want?:) UTCB

seanbeanstattoo
24-07-2017, 08:29 AM
Ey up rod I saw Steve Marriott with Humble Pie at the City Hall, Brilliant singer,brilliant concert.

rodcurrie
24-07-2017, 08:36 AM
Ey up rod I saw Steve Marriott with Humble Pie at the City Hall, Brilliant singer,brilliant concert.I went to the musical ALL OR NOTHING at Buxton opera house last year Beany,it's brilliant.I highly recommend it if ya get the chance to see it mi owd pal.I have alot of respect for Stevie as a singer and his passin was tragic. UTCB

shorehamoldboy
24-07-2017, 08:43 AM
hey there sbt was that the concert in 67 with the tremeloes herd trafficc and the who ? remember moon absolute nutcase every drumstick went in to city hall crowd stevie winwood was brilliant on keyboard with traffic that night

seanbeanstattoo
24-07-2017, 09:54 AM
No mate. It was in the mid 70's. Humble Pie were the headline act. Can't remember who was support. I remember Steve Marriott had a bottle of Courvoisier as a thirst quencher on stage with him. It was empty before the encore!!!!

rodcurrie
24-07-2017, 04:14 PM
LOL. Rod is a diamond. Straight John Bull. Not sure what he keeps under his hat though!!!When Beany calls me a Diamond he does so cos he knows i was always very very popular wi the ladies.;D UTCB

seanbeanstattoo
24-07-2017, 04:21 PM
When Beany calls me a Diamond he does so cos he knows i was always very very popular wi the ladies.;D UTCB

Thought you still were. Silver tongued cavalier!

rodcurrie
24-07-2017, 04:24 PM
Thought you still were. Silver tongued cavalier!I've got the lass of my dreams mate and she tells me i'm the stuff of her nightmares(bless her):) UTCB

seanbeanstattoo
24-07-2017, 04:28 PM
Can't imagine why!!!

GrayBlade
24-07-2017, 06:16 PM
I've got the lass of my dreams mate and she tells me i'm the stuff of her nightmares(bless her):) UTCB
How on earth do you keep her from your Missis Rod? ;D UTB

GrayBlade
24-07-2017, 06:25 PM
Can't imagine why!!!

He cries wolf. He called her in a panic yesterday saying the kitchen was flooded, only to reveal that the kitchen was in a Wetherspoons in St Ives.