PDA

View Full Version : 4 fullbacks released

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-07-2017, 01:38 PM
I know it's not related to Leeds, but I noticed man city released all 4 senior full backs, former arsenal pair clichy and sagna, and also kolarov and zabaleta, makes you wonder how and why a club would release all 4, suppose they'll buy younger fullbacks for 10-100m each. Or will they go 3 at the back?

BelfastAndy
23-07-2017, 08:38 PM
Its not related to Leeds............

Lol.

Tichi1
24-07-2017, 09:54 AM
I know it's not related to Leeds, but I noticed man city released all 4 senior full backs, former arsenal pair clichy and sagna, and also kolarov and zabaleta, makes you wonder how and why a club would release all 4, suppose they'll buy younger fullbacks for 10-100m each. Or will they go 3 at the back?

They brought in two right backs so far though - Kyle Walker, and Danilo - spent thick end of £70million on those two...

joellufcprice
24-07-2017, 02:08 PM
They brought in two right backs so far though - Kyle Walker, and Danilo - spent thick end of £70million on those two...

Thought it was 50m on Walker and 35m on Danilo? Either way its a sad sign of the way PL football is going. Won't be long before there is a gulf akin to the one in La Liga with the haves and the have nots in the league.

whitestomper45
24-07-2017, 03:28 PM
The top teams just get quoted and willingly pay silly money. The amount of money even mid table teams earn should mean they can put together a great team, the top teams can only sign so many. But something might burst soon... 6 teams at least in the Plastic Division looking for Champions League qualification...

cress
25-07-2017, 03:58 PM
I honestly hope if we ever get promoted we won't be so retarded in the market, throwing around money just because we have it. You know something is fked up when AC Milan signs one of the best defenders in the world for 40m euros while Man City spends around 50m pounds on an above average defender in Kyle Walker.

Oh by the way, they have signed Mendy from Monaco for around 50-60m too.