23-07-2017, 02:39 PM
Stanton 1-0

Whitfieldarab
23-07-2017, 02:52 PM
So.... Half time analysis?

deebuster
23-07-2017, 03:08 PM
So.... Half time analysis?

If we had a proper striker would be a few up, but Stanton and King have played well.

deebuster
23-07-2017, 03:11 PM
2-0 Long live The King

Whitfieldarab
23-07-2017, 03:13 PM
If we had a proper striker would be a few up, but Stanton and King have played well.

Cheers bud

deebuster
23-07-2017, 03:25 PM
3-0 Scott Fraser (pen.)

deebuster
23-07-2017, 03:42 PM
4.1 Smith after Muirhead had scored a consolation for the Beef.

Logan Chalmers on.

Chick A Saw
23-07-2017, 04:09 PM

Add Briels, McMullen and Matty Smith and thats a load of players who will improve with the addition of a decent striker. Thought Toshney and Fraser did ok as well until second half when the old Toshney appeared and Fraser got hurt. Scobbie, Edge and Robson were all done for by the final whistle though!

offshore_arab83
23-07-2017, 04:19 PM
Played like a pre season friendly imo

Tempo has to be raised significantly next week

Arabdad
23-07-2017, 04:49 PM
Comfortable enough win and some good football played but long periods of possession without any decent chances created at the end. As has been said before on here the spine of the team still seems weak. In Keatings (once fit again) and N'Goyi we hopefully have a decent front pairing but still lacking a midfield enforcer and cover at centre half. Any defence that has Toshney playing the way he did in the second half will struggle.Lewis was brutal at their goal.

TangerineDream
23-07-2017, 05:11 PM
Pretty comfortable right enough. Played some good stuff at times. King, Stanton and Matty Smith played very well.

Much better having this competition instead of meaningless friendlies. I have enjoyed the games.

Need strikers signed !!!!

ianharab
23-07-2017, 05:39 PM
Played like a pre season friendly tbh , why was N,Koyi no playing today ? . Badly needing at least 1 striker in preferably 2 , for the league we are in , defensively will be fine if we sign Quinn

Sandeman
23-07-2017, 06:44 PM
I will give my analysis in the form of 3 up 3 down:

3 up...
1) very good interplay
2) direct style
3) pace and width!!

3 down
1) we don't have enough strikers
2) Toshney got done a good few times
3) took the foot off the gas a bit

offshore_arab83
23-07-2017, 07:49 PM
Toshney should be no where net the first team but sadly for us he's a bricker to start at RB

Chick A Saw
23-07-2017, 09:41 PM
Toshney should be no where net the first team but sadly for us he's a bricker to start at RB

I am trying to be positive after watching 3 good group games, but the performance papered over the cracks of our threadbare squad. With Murdoch injured, yes Toshney will start at RB. But we also lost Durnan today and Ray didnt go with Donaldson, but went with a left footed Scobbie who along with Robson were carrying injuries! Needs to get the Quinn/Donaldson affair sorted PDQ!

Im also not yet convinced there is that player to come off the bench to say, yes, he is a game changer. I think we still need that other midfielder with a bit of experience and craft to help the young lads around him.

Although i do think Matty Smith will do a job for us, we still need a striker and N'Koyi to prove himself!

shedka
23-07-2017, 09:48 PM
Pretty comfortable right enough. Played some good stuff at times. King, Stanton and Matty Smith played very well.

Much better having this competition instead of meaningless friendlies. I have enjoyed the games.

Need strikers signed !!!!

This.

Wullie
23-07-2017, 10:38 PM
An absloute stroll in the park, should've scored more, tried to walk it in at times, but still managed to give a way a cheap goal.

ClashCityRocker
24-07-2017, 08:13 AM
Scoring 4 goals in any match is great. But Cowden are a very poor team who will leak a lot of goals this season and may well struggle to avoid relegation.
Still impressive scoring 4 goals, but it won't be so easy against stronger teams - which I guess is just stating the obvious !

offshore_arab83
24-07-2017, 08:50 AM
I am trying to be positive after watching 3 good group games, but the performance papered over the cracks of our threadbare squad. With Murdoch injured, yes Toshney will start at RB. But we also lost Durnan today and Ray didnt go with Donaldson, but went with a left footed Scobbie who along with Robson were carrying injuries! Needs to get the Quinn/Donaldson affair sorted PDQ!

Im also not yet convinced there is that player to come off the bench to say, yes, he is a game changer. I think we still need that other midfielder with a bit of experience and craft to help the young lads around him.

Although i do think Matty Smith will do a job for us, we still need a striker and N'Koyi to prove himself!

This ^^^

TerryTheTerror
24-07-2017, 09:55 AM
I kind of agree but we need to bear in mind three (possibly 4 if we include Bell) players that will start regularly are currently injured; Durnan, Murdoch, and Flood. That's a large proportion of the first team of ANY team in our league and the fact we are winning well (all be it against weak opposition) while this is the case is definitely a positive.

Jedi u-Knighted
24-07-2017, 10:42 AM
I've been impressed so far with Briels and Stanton. Energy, dig, skill, good in possession, can link play, get forward and score. Do we think Flood will be a regular in the first 11..??

offshore_arab83
24-07-2017, 11:30 AM
I've been impressed so far with Briels and Stanton. Energy, dig, skill, good in possession, can link play, get forward and score. Do we think Flood will be a regular in the first 11..??

Hope not

arab81
24-07-2017, 11:50 AM
The boy briels looks on early viewing a massive upgrade on flood, bit slack on the passing but hopefully that'll improve. Sign quinn & Scott McDonald and I think we'll have enough to get up.

TangerineDream
24-07-2017, 12:08 PM
Also think Jordi Briels is looking like he could be a good signing. Still a bit to go for him but promising.

Early days as we are all saying, however looks like Rays signings are indeed a massive upgrade on the last couple of years pish. If we can just get these two strikers in that are required this could be a good season for United.

Whitfieldarab
24-07-2017, 12:09 PM
The boy briels looks on early viewing a massive upgrade on flood, bit slack on the passing but hopefully that'll improve. Sign quinn & Scott McDonald and I think we'll have enough to get up.

Agree re Briels but to be serious contenders imo we need another 4 in. 2 strikers, a creative midfielder & Quinn. It's maybe wishful thinking but to hit the ground running and sustain that momentum we need more depth and a bigger squad.

offshore_arab83
24-07-2017, 12:35 PM
Agree re Briels but to be serious contenders imo we need another 4 in. 2 strikers, a creative midfielder & Quinn. It's maybe wishful thinking but to hit the ground running and sustain that momentum we need more depth and a bigger squad.

creative midfielder would be great but with the amount of midfielders we've got i dont see us adding in that department, a defender and twa strikers are the main thing !

Chick A Saw
24-07-2017, 12:47 PM

Its not wishful thinking, its exacly what we need!

Briels IMO is a breath of fresh air for us. He doesnt need to lunge in for a challenge and usually gets a good ball off to someone. If not he is usually the one that tries to make up for the misplaced pass by closing down and winning the ball again. But the best thing and something ive not seen for years, if someone on the wing is making a run, Briels will place the ball in front of them, something that Robson, Toshney, King and McMullen are begining to cotton onto.

bobafett
24-07-2017, 12:50 PM
Assuming Quinn gets signed up, the only areas I think we really need are a striker and maybe another winger-type for when King or McMullan are injured/off their game.
I know it was only Cowdenbeath but I was impressed with Matty Smith yesterday. I wouldn't want to rely on him for any length of time this season but he looks like he can come in and do a job. Looked lively, held the ball in well and linked up play nicely. Reacted well for his goal, too.

Whitfieldarab
24-07-2017, 12:56 PM
creative midfielder would be great but with the amount of midfielders we've got i dont see us adding in that department, a defender and twa strikers are the main thing !

Ye it was wishful thinking mate but a Tony Andreu type player with the wingers we have now would be great. He flattered to deceive in a lot of games last season but I think he would be a better player in this side. What's he up to anyway? lol.

Logie_Arab
24-07-2017, 01:05 PM
Ye it was wishful thinking mate but a Tony Andreu type player with the wingers we have now would be great. He flattered to deceive in a lot of games last season but I think he would be a better player in this side. What's he up to anyway? lol.

David Freezer‏Verified account
@davefreezer

And lastly, Tony Andreu will continue to train with the U23s and is not part of the first-team plans. Guess that means he could be leaving.

10:06 AM - 15 Jul 2017

offshore_arab83
24-07-2017, 01:20 PM
but, bringing him back limits up to the way we can set the team up

An old shed boy
24-07-2017, 01:22 PM
Hope not
If last season is anything to go by then Flood and Toshney will move into midfield with Stanton and Briels on the bench.
And a place will be found for Fraser.

Chick A Saw
24-07-2017, 01:29 PM
If last season is anything to go by then Flood and Toshney will move into midfield with Stanton and Briels on the bench.
And a place will be found for Fraser.

I really hope that this is not the case! Although i do like the heid screwed on Toshney in midfield, i would have any 3 from Allardice, Stanton, Briels, Thomas and a fit Fraser ahead of them! Toshney and Flood should be used to see the game out after 2 or 3 up.

bobafett
24-07-2017, 03:05 PM
The thought of Toshney in midfield gives me the jandies, mate. I can just about tolerate him out of the way at right-back but he's a phucking bombscare in the centre of the park. To be fair to him, he never hides and his commitment and attitude can never be questioned but his utter lack of ability on the ball means that he does more harm than good in midfield.

darrenshedtastic
24-07-2017, 03:32 PM
ive got the opposite opinion id rather have LT in the middle but only in games where the ball will be in the air more. (we played ayr at somerset end of season last year and he was in the middle and done decent) he can get stuck in and use his physicality which all the other midfields lack.

but in games where the pitch is decent and can get the ball down and play then keep him out the team imo.
at right back hes too rash. dives in too much and either gives away a foul or gets done. even against so called lesser teams hes been done several times. his positioning at RB is poor and normally allows the attacker to go where then attacker wants to go which is suicidal. it shows how poor he is at right back that a midfielder in Murdoch looked better there and was more defensively solid with him there than LT.

he'll be useful for his versatility but if everyones fit he shouldnt be anywhere near the starting line up

ianharab
24-07-2017, 04:34 PM
Definately needing strikers , get a couple and Quinn signed up add Durnan , Flood , Murdoch and Keatings to yesterday's team and that would do me