PDA

View Full Version : Notts County 2017 Positive Thread

Carlton_Pie
23-07-2017, 05:06 PM
Rather than continue to focus on the negative, what are you looking forward to in the 2017/18 season?

countygump
23-07-2017, 05:17 PM
Rather than continue to focus on the negative, what are you looking forward to in the 2017/18 season?

Signing some decent players to replace the rammel that we already have???

Bohinen
23-07-2017, 05:19 PM
I am looking forward to the pitch.

Frigiliana Pie 1
23-07-2017, 05:46 PM
Winning more than 65 points, which was our total in 2012/3. I think this is a realistic target to aim at.

Bridg4d_Pie_
23-07-2017, 06:05 PM
Going into the Lane and leaving the Lane with happy smiley faces all around.

Or though the way the regular moaners and mingers are carrying on not much chance of that happening.

Vladpie
23-07-2017, 06:13 PM

Or though the way the regular moaners and mingers are carrying on not much chance of that happening.

Specsavers started doing a rose tint have they?

This is a mediocre squad at best and experienced fans are right to be sceptical that we won't struggle next season. I see no prospect of much above mid table unless KN suddenly aquires a couple oа quality signings / loans, fingers crossed.

Woodsetts_Pie
23-07-2017, 06:58 PM

Nothing worse than a minger

seriouspie
23-07-2017, 07:04 PM
Nothing better than a minge! B)

jackal2
23-07-2017, 07:24 PM
The manager and team proving that my doubts and criticisms are unfounded. There's no point having an opinions board if you don't call things like you see them, but I'd much rather be wrong than right! O:)

JoePass
23-07-2017, 07:43 PM

Spot on mate. The moaners will never go away...one day wonders.

queenslandpie
23-07-2017, 08:07 PM
Spot on mate. The moaners will never go away...one day wonders.

Some of Sholas link up play on the high lights I have seen pre season is outstanding and that first touch..Wow

If the new dude on the wing can strut his stuff I think we will create a lot of chances and with Grant also able to tuck 'em away I think we could get a reasonable goals tally this season. As for the defence well I guess we all know what to think about that it's been documented more times than we all care to mention already. The lack of a decent centre half coming in will be the Achilles heel. What we have are ok on their day but their day is definitely not every week. You don't need to go to all the games to know that. We'll finish 11th is my prediction with the current squad and a couple of average additions.

BigFatPie
23-07-2017, 08:21 PM
2 signings this week according to AH.
A decent forward and a towering CB and we'll all be positive.

Carlton_Pie
23-07-2017, 08:36 PM

This is a mediocre squad at best and experienced fans are right to be sceptical that we won't struggle next season. I see no prospect of much above mid table unless KN suddenly aquires a couple oа quality signings / loans, fingers crossed.

Improvement on last season.

The 2 upcoming signings will be crucial to silencing or enabling the doubters

jackal2
23-07-2017, 09:28 PM
2 signings this week according to AH.
A decent forward and a towering CB and we'll all be positive.

We need two big centre-halves because neither of the current incumbents are up to scratch (if we're serious about going for play-offs and beyond). One would be start, though.

freemuzzy
23-07-2017, 09:46 PM

The same manager who starts the season as the club's manager, finishing it as the club's manager. Please. For the first time since 2009.

The-Mac pie
23-07-2017, 09:49 PM
"1"definite signing this coming week.
"2" maybe.
I know bfp mentioned in an earlier thread..
Just have faith.
The right signings will come

uysapie
23-07-2017, 10:39 PM

Staying out of the bottom half of the table.

jackal2
23-07-2017, 10:41 PM
The same manager who starts the season as the club's manager, finishing it as the club's manager. Please. For the first time since 2009.

True. That would be something!

SolSigns
23-07-2017, 11:43 PM

Agree 110%. Of all the improvements that could be made, I'd say this (and reinstating the culture of sticking with a manager) was the most *****.

tarquinbeech
23-07-2017, 11:53 PM

Watching all 46 games live from under a Mexican palm tree......then telling those that say"sod off Tarkers, you're an ex-pat"....to do one.........nicely!

nw6pie
24-07-2017, 09:45 AM
Making Meadow Lane a fun place to visit again - something you do for enjoyment rather than out of habit. We don't need to win every week (although that would be nice), but I want to see the same effort and determination as we've had at home since January, allied to a bit more quality. And for those crowds to get up to 8,000.

CmonUSexyStylishPies
24-07-2017, 10:15 AM
With the current squad and a few additions of the Liam Walker calibre - 13th.

I'd be surprised if we make any quality signings now to be honest but we are at least 3 first teamers short of a play off challenge.

meoldlaner
24-07-2017, 11:14 AM
Making Meadow Lane a fun place to visit again - something you do for enjoyment rather than out of habit. We don't need to win every week (although that would be nice), but I want to see the same effort and determination as we've had at home since January, allied to a bit more quality. And for those crowds to get up to 8,000.

This will do me, anything extra will be a bonus

Bridg4d_Pie_
24-07-2017, 12:32 PM

B)B)B):O Oh Yea of Little Faith.

The-Mac pie
25-07-2017, 08:13 AM
"1"definite signing this coming week.
"2" maybe.
I know bfp mentioned in an earlier thread..
Just have faith.
The right signings will come
There we go.
"1"down
Another to come in this week
Well done notts

The-Mac pie
25-07-2017, 11:12 PM
And another one...
Maybe one more before the week is out...
Keep up the good work notts

i961pie
26-07-2017, 07:26 PM
We need two big centre-halves because neither of the current incumbents are up to scratch (if we're serious about going for play-offs and beyond). One would be start, though.

We have needed them for the past 5 years and maybe the moaners had something to moan about as the past 8 or so managers can't seem to see it:mad:

Notts78
26-07-2017, 08:32 PM
We have needed them for the past 5 years and maybe the moaners had something to moan about as the past 8 or so managers can't seem to see it:mad:

Maybe, but this manager and this owner have been at Notts for 1 tenth of that period. Nolan has now brought in 1 and who is to say another wont follow?
I also think the Dan Jones signing will help us defensively against the long ball as he looks better equipped aerially, after all he looks about 6ft 4in..

i961pie
27-07-2017, 04:19 AM
Maybe, but this manager and this owner have been at Notts for 1 tenth of that period. Nolan has now brought in 1 and who is to say another wont follow?
I also think the Dan Jones signing will help us defensively against the long ball as he looks better equipped aerially, after all he looks about 6ft 4in..

AH as only been in charge for a short while but he as been a supporter for years so he knows about our lack of decent central defenders for many seasons.

PedroTheFisherman66
27-07-2017, 04:24 AM

One more signing , either a pacey forward or strong centre back and then I will be more than happy.
I think the last two signings have strengthened the squad and with the addition with one or two of the above I think we will be in for a good season.
If some of the youngsters can step up and flourish perhaps we might do something special.
Anyway fingers crossed as usual .....

Notts78
27-07-2017, 12:49 PM
AH as only been in charge for a short while but he as been a supporter for years so he knows about our lack of decent central defenders for many seasons.

But AH does not choose who we should sign. That is, or at least should be, the job of KN. If KN feels he can work with Hollis and Duffy to make them better, then that is his choice, and he will live or die by the sword.

apieandpint
27-07-2017, 03:15 PM
Are you suggesting that the Chairman should interfere in 1st Team matters? I always believed that should be down to the Manager only!

Freeman25
27-07-2017, 05:46 PM
Are you suggesting that the Chairman should interfere in 1st Team matters? I always believed that should be down to the Manager only!

If i was him I'd be giving Nolan a warning that if he thinks this defence is strong enough to achieve anything this season and Nolan doesn't want to use up the budget provided to strengthen it then on his head be it if they don't perform.

jacobncfc
27-07-2017, 07:26 PM
If i was him I'd be giving Nolan a warning that if he thinks this defence is strong enough to achieve anything this season and Nolan doesn't want to use up the budget provided to strengthen it then on his head be it if they don't perform.

It's on the manager's head if they don't perform anyway, isn't it? Not that Nolan hasn't strengthened the defence anyway.

Freeman25
27-07-2017, 07:49 PM
If we start the season with Duffy and/or Hollis in the starting line up I would say he hasn't strengthened it enough but I guess that depends on what the goal is for the season. It's more a comment on whether the chairman should "get involved in first team matters" though

jacobncfc
27-07-2017, 08:04 PM
If we start the season with Duffy and/or Hollis in the starting line up I would say he hasn't strengthened it enough but I guess that depends on what the goal is for the season. It's more a comment on whether the chairman should "get involved in first team matters" though

We'll start the season with Duffy and Brisley at centre back, think that's pretty obvious. Duffy has been fine ever since Nolan took over.