PDA

View Full Version : We don't do "foreigners"!

The Bedlington Terrier
23-07-2017, 06:23 PM
http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/anglosaxons-celts-and-picts/8972952/

exilecanada
23-07-2017, 11:20 PM
I really believe that article sums things up quite well. Obviously Dyche prefers players who are disciplined, toe the line, “do as I say” type of players, none of this flair stuff, I'll do the thinking, you do the playing.

In a number of ways, Dyche isn’t unlike Sir Alex……..I’m the boss…..you’re not. The door swings both ways. Whether that’s the right approach or not, only time will tell.

Altobelli
24-07-2017, 12:22 AM
Hopefully Dyche WILL change tact sooner rather than later as a few on here like the nail biting games where we don't even look like creating chances let alone scoring, its all well and good if you like being in the Premier League just because it is "The Premier League", personally I'd like us to threaten teams more with a live wire goal scorer and general creative play, ask any Stoke fan when Pulis was in charge, they hated hit and hope, it hasn't got much better with Mark Hughes in charge.

The Bedlington Terrier
24-07-2017, 06:00 AM
Solid is really OK but we need to seriously inject some flair.

Two proper, high quality flying widemen with pace and two good feet but where will we find them and at what cost?

Balanbam00
24-07-2017, 06:45 AM
''The Burnley gaffer is widely known for his no-nonsense, high work rate, high pressing game, played in his favoured 4-4-2 formation and it looks like that is how it is going to stay.

'' played in his favoured 4-4-2 formation and it looks like that is how it is going to stay.''

First I believe a manager should 'mix things up a little',for the player's thats boredom and how can they play otherwise if its season after season? What do you ask the players to do if 2 fluke goals go in our net after just 15 mins play ? Can just 2 attackers deliver a miracle,3 goals? How can you '' threaten teams '' if when asked to do by the manager a player feels out of his limit not so secure in a new formation? When it is never tried or changed, same style week in week out, chances are it will not work when you want it !!

In Dyche We Trust
24-07-2017, 07:23 AM
It worked for us last season- no reason to feel it wont work again this season. Remember the Liverpool game when the Reds had 82% posssession and ump**** shots at goal and Burnley had 2 shots on target and won 2-0. I will take that every time.

Back in the Euros last night, the Spanish ladies played tic-a-taca football with 78% possession and got beat 2-0. I will take that all day if England win the tournament.

Play to your strengths- Dyche said last season if we try and play the same way Chelsea do, they will beat us as they are better at it than we are. We are better at playing the 4-4-2 system and it kept us up.

The Bedlington Terrier
24-07-2017, 07:31 AM
The article does not criticise the style of management, just emphasises their does not seem to be any intention from SD to depart from the tried and tested and why should he?

For my own opinion I would love us to have a couple of proper game changers who could offer us something a bit different. Saha, King type of players perhaps?

In Dyche We Trust
24-07-2017, 07:54 AM
We are what we are- Saha would cost mega bucks fee and wages, players like him will not be coming here unless the scouting system unearths a gem.

The Bedlington Terrier
24-07-2017, 08:05 AM
That's my hope IDWT! Young Metz might just be the one?

army88
24-07-2017, 08:09 AM
Balanbam --- agreed - in Dyche s defence previously we didn't have quality in the midfield areas to play that style of football ( we may still not have enough class in this area to change games )

Hence why we stick with a 4-4-2 and a rigid shape,
At least we try and play 2 up top which always gives you a chance , I'd hate to play 1 up top unless we got more gifted footballers to get up and support the front man.

It will be interesting this year to see if Dyche has managed to progress himself and know when to change things etc.
If you look at the level of managers that come to Burnley it doesn't take the better ones long to work out a solution to break us down.
Even the likes of Pulis did it last year , we nearly ended up with nothing out of a game we should have won comfortably at home---- by this I mean Dyche took too long to counter act the Pulis changes , they went 2-1 up eventually and we scraped a draw in last minutes.
Mouriniho was a genius at it ---- smothered us centrally no width to hurt them, hit us on the counter game over ( there is an argument of course they have better players which is back to where the thread started) .

Norder
24-07-2017, 04:56 PM
Solid is really OK but we need to seriously inject some flair.

Two proper, high quality flying widemen with pace and two good feet but where will we find them and at what cost?

..best to look at those tootsies before purchase. :D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SApz5uIQ1Fc/VT0cMr3WN1I/AAAAAAAAWVs/Gcg3RrGWOhI/s1600/02%2BDiscover-Your-Heritage-From-The-Shape-Of-Your-Feet.jpg

so....are Burnley checking the genetic fingerprints of players - could be why we're so slow at signing - as I think they'd be hard pushed to find pure ethinc descendance of ancient (celtic) britons - with all milleniums of migrations to the British Isles....Germanic, Nordic, French, Spanish, Roman/Italian , Eastern european etc etc - all seen when walking down any street in the u,k and looking at the faces/build of the folk passing by - born and bred uk - parents grandparents the same...and see the differences, just as the Burnley squad - a true melange of different races.

interesting post Tec....Cheers.

;D

The Bedlington Terrier
25-07-2017, 02:08 AM
On that evidence Norder I was born on the Nile!

sinkov
25-07-2017, 07:48 AM
For whatever reason it remains a fact that Sean prefers Brits in his team first of all, he'll take on North Europeans, but Latins don't seem to float his boat at all. Which is good news for us in one way, no matter how successful he is with BFC, this parochial approach to player recruitment means he will never be of the slightest interest to the top clubs who recruit on a worldwide basis as a necessity. Even outside of the top 6/7 in the PL, Sean's apparent mistrust/dislike of players outside of northern Europe is going to count against him when a job becomes available. It might not be good news for Sean's career, but it suits me and BFC just fine.

Norder
25-07-2017, 04:24 PM
On that evidence Norder I was born on the Nile!

....thank your lucky stars Tec - could be worse.

https://pics.onsizzle.com/your-ancestry-by-feet-shape-egyptian-roman-greek-germanic-celtic-20641361.png

....from what I read - the representations are only a description of Shape - and not neccessarily connected to your ancestry....though were seemingly depicted as the "norm" through the medium of art/sulpture.

It's said that Folk have foot shape of - Egyptian 63%....Greek 31%....Roman 6%.

Roman.

http://romeartlover.tripod.com/Piede7.jpg

Egyptian.

https://d1lfxha3ugu3d4.cloudfront.net/exhibitions/images/2009_Body_Parts_Sandaled-Feet_759.jpg

Greek (mortons toe)

https://cdn.theculturetrip.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/4258173609_9576a8926b_b-1024x681.jpg

....just keep em clean.

:~}

oldcolner
28-07-2017, 01:47 PM
Robbin Ruiter of Utrecht ??

Burnley are considering a late move to sign Sunderland trialist goalkeeper Robbin Ruiter, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

Sunderland have been leading the chase for free agent Ruiter after taking him on trial last week.

oldcolner
28-07-2017, 01:49 PM
Reports in Italy are suggesting that West Brom and Burnley both maintain an interest in Napoli left-back Ivan Strinic.

Corriere dello Sport say that the Croatian left-back is likely to leave Naples this summer after the Serie A side recruited Mario Rui, on loan from rivals Roma.

With the fresh competition Strinic, who is a fully capped Croatian international, is said to be considering his future.

Having arrived on a free transfer four years ago from Dnipro, it’s thought that 30-year-old Strinic would fetch up to £8m.

What Ward Taylor and another?

sinkov
28-07-2017, 03:39 PM
We already got two, sounds like a load of macaroni to me.

The Bedlington Terrier
30-07-2017, 06:40 AM
Strinic has no more chance of playing for Burnley than I do! :(

The Oumar Niasse rumours have a bit of credibility though. My Evertonian supporting mate and spy in the Goodison camp Billy, says this one could happen but Brighton are also seriously interested.

If Gray departs for £20 million and Niasse arrives for £8 million and if we can tempt Hull to sell us Sam Clucas for £4 million, it would be a great days work IMHO! :D Big word IF...

WillPark
30-07-2017, 02:55 PM
I can't believe Hull will let Clucas go for much less than 10m. I would think he was an important player for them this year. If we want him we need to pay up.

The Bedlington Terrier
30-07-2017, 06:48 PM
I can't believe Hull will let Clucas go for much less than 10m. I would think he was an important player for them this year. If we want him we need to pay up.

He is the new Tigers captain and I think £10 million is about right! I also know that one or two of our Recruitment Team really rate him!

Altobelli
30-07-2017, 07:55 PM
He is the new Tigers captain and I think £10 million is about right! I also know that one or two of our Recruitment Team really rate him!

Donzy really rates Teresa May, but he cannot bed her.

The Bedlington Terrier
31-07-2017, 06:08 AM
Donzy really rates Teresa May, but he cannot bed her.

You obviously have not met donzy? Oh yes, he could!

Why he would want to, I just don't know!

thedonz
31-07-2017, 07:05 AM
☺👍