PDA

View Full Version : O/T Holidays

Zippity
23-07-2017, 09:59 PM
Where we all going, then (if anywhere?)

I'm off to the Lakes tomorrow although it's a 'working' holiday as I'm taking a bunch of 15 and 16 year olds over for abseiling, canoeing, climbing mountains, camping-that sort of thing. So, naturally, it's raining. :mad:

Not arsed about going abroad, tbh so will be back in the Lakes later in the holidays too.

Anyone else got stuff planned...?

Jammy89
23-07-2017, 10:50 PM
Somewhere in country - no idea where.

We're going to look at somewhere last minute though, failing that day trips XD

sherriff47
23-07-2017, 11:54 PM
I am doing a domestic holiday tomorrow. My wife and I are flying to Perth (Aust.) to visit her brother and family.

I am supposed to be off to the UK either at the end of August or beginning of September to see a Liverpool game for work. I manage a branch of a leading worldwide travel agency. Would obviously prefer to see another game at St James Park but I am not paying for this trip. I will find a way however to buy loads of Newcastle stuff whilst over there in the UK anyway.

I am still looking at going away maybe later in the year but do not want to be too greedy. Already been to Alice Springs, Cambodia and Thailand, and Vietnam already this year.

I am really looking forward to getting back to the UK though. Still feels like home to me as I lived there for just over 14 years from 1998.

TheOtherTerryMac
24-07-2017, 02:25 AM
Had to cancel Route 66 bike tour as girlfriend broke her leg in two places and fractured her knee skiing with me in Italy.

So fly out to Seattle now to meet her sister then onto Vancouver Island come off the top into Rockies. Down to Calgary to visit friends then back to her sisters in Regina. Hope to get a bit of Walleye lake fishing in then transit home via Toronto around six weeks tour.

michaelowen
24-07-2017, 08:44 PM
Already been to wooler for a weekend with dog. Took wife as well like.

pboromag
25-07-2017, 06:10 AM
of to me place in Cyprus then Dubai and later in the year going to Barcelona for a wedding then popping to Portugal for a stag weekend

also going to Canada for a few days fishing

ghostrider
25-07-2017, 08:14 AM
Off to China to see my half sister and her live in loofer.

toonlegend
25-07-2017, 10:15 AM
I'm going nowhere, unless i need to go to northern spain to pick up some of my aunts personal effects - for her son who lives in oz.

sick of being skint, sick of never going anywhere.. lol

HughieG
25-07-2017, 12:15 PM
Going to Brazil, might just visit my best friend Toptoon :)

Jammy89
25-07-2017, 03:47 PM
Where abouts in Portugal Pboro?

I've been to Portugal a fair bit but mostly in the south.

pboromag
25-07-2017, 05:52 PM
setibul

on a golf holiday

pboromag
25-07-2017, 05:55 PM
Off to China to see my half sister and her live in loofer.

which haalf ghost

make sure you dont wing the wong number when you get to the airport for her to pick you up

Jammy89
25-07-2017, 07:03 PM
setibul

on a golf holiday

Cool, not heard of the area/city myself but a look on google shows me it's further north than I've been.

Nice place?

toonlegend
26-07-2017, 09:31 AM
Cool, not heard of the area/city myself but a look on google shows me it's further north than I've been.

Nice place?

course you've heard of it jamie ! we played them in the fairs cup!

I've been to Caminha on the northern border with spain. its lovely there and still quite unspoilt - as in not many brits ha

pboromag
26-07-2017, 09:35 AM

Nice place?

only been twice but a couple of us brought a villa on a golf course

seems good but so far I have lost about 20 balls and haven't been out side or off the complex and stayed in the bar

just weekends so far
taking the wife out next as she hasn't seen it

Zippity
26-07-2017, 12:12 PM
Update: It is f.ucking pissing down. End of days stuff.

ghostrider
27-07-2017, 06:32 AM
which haalf ghost

make sure you dont wing the wong number when you get to the airport for her to pick you up

Guangzhou.

Andy1981_2
27-07-2017, 07:30 AM
Guangzhou.

I used to live in Henan. Really enjoyed living in China, except the internet being ****, and having the Communist Party supervise me at work.

ghostrider
27-07-2017, 09:05 AM
I used to live in Henan. Really enjoyed living in China, except the internet being ****, and having the Communist Party supervise me at work.

It's miles different now to what it was. Just in the last 10 years it's went way upmarket compared to what it was.
Obviously I'm talking about the major cities.

It's surprisingly different to what many people perceive it as being.