PDA

View Full Version : Seagulls

Jim_Jam
23-07-2017, 11:01 PM
What were these seagulls up to?
The birds were striking better than United!

Chick A Saw
23-07-2017, 11:23 PM
Seemed to be feeding on the wing. Kinda worries me that they seem to have an abundance of insects to attract them and i would hate for the pitch to be destroyed as it was a few years ago by an infestation.

TerryTheTerror
24-07-2017, 05:50 AM
They always seem to turn up after half time, I guess because there is usually discarded food around.

LSArab
24-07-2017, 07:16 AM
Flocking to see the young lads flying

Don't know what official attendance was but at one stage seemed more seagulls than supporters

offshore_arab83
24-07-2017, 08:13 AM
Flocking to see the young lads flying

Don't know what official attendance was but at one stage seemed more seagulls than supporters

There was more of the flying rat *******s than cowdendung supporters

tHeArAb
24-07-2017, 10:04 AM
Seemed to be feeding on the wing. Kinda worries me that they seem to have an abundance of insects to attract them and i would hate for the pitch to be destroyed as it was a few years ago by an infestation.
I would say they were there because of all the food consumed at half time and left lying about. There was about 30 of them scavenging on something at the Shed end of the GF. Seagulls aren't likely to go for the insects in the ground (leatherjackets), especially when there is human food kicking about. It's not the time of year for leatherjackets anyway.

Chick A Saw
24-07-2017, 12:57 PM
Seagulls aren't likely to go for the insects in the ground (leatherjackets), especially when there is human food kicking about. It's not the time of year for leatherjackets anyway.

They do, and were feeding on insects on the wing though, and i know we are a few weeks away from Leatherjackets but there are plenty other insects about. And there was no waste around me as the pehs were in ma belly!

Jedi u-Knighted
24-07-2017, 01:37 PM
I got my pie about 20 mins before kick-off and it was at an edible temperature about halftime.... ☀ 🌋

tHeArAb
24-07-2017, 03:29 PM
They do, and were feeding on insects on the wing though, and i know we are a few weeks away from Leatherjackets but there are plenty other insects about. And there was no waste around me as the pehs were in ma belly!

Can't say I saw then pecking at the ground then. Fair enough if they were. Rather coincidental that they only appeared in force at half time when everyone was eating tho. Either way, they need dealt with.