PDA

View Full Version : Lampard or Gerard

army88
24-07-2017, 08:20 AM
So here is the debate and my argument for Lampard.
The question was which was the better of the two in the premier league.
Whilst I acknowledge that both were fantastic and brought many special moments to the premier league.
My vote went to Lampard based on the fact that he was surrounded by world class players, Yet still managed to rise to the top in most cases above the super stars he played with and deliver 20 goals a season , to me that was a better achievement than Gerard's where he was the star in a weaker team.

For that reason Lampard got my vote.

Any interesting views please ?

sinkov
24-07-2017, 09:00 AM
Just a personal choice, but if I could have picked one of them to play for Burnley it would have been Gerrard. I just enjoyed watching him play more than Frank, he was more adventurous, more ambitious, even if some of his Hollywood passes were overhit. Having said that I wouldn't have been too upset to see Lampard playing for us instead.

As to who was the best PL player I'd have to call it a draw, they were both excellent in their different ways.

Bit of a mystery why they never seemed to gel together playing for England, there didn't seem any obvious reason to me why it shouldn't have worked.

The Bedlington Terrier
24-07-2017, 09:28 AM
I thought Stevie G was awesome and I would have loved him to have been a Claret!

That night in Istanbul is still fresh in my mind!

Lampard was OK but not in Gerrard's class IMHO!

Altobelli
24-07-2017, 03:04 PM
I'm probably in a minority, but I never rated Lampard as highly as most folk.

The Bedlington Terrier
24-07-2017, 03:18 PM
I'm probably in a minority, but I never rated Lampard as highly as most folk.

I thought Lampard was a bit heavy in his gait, Stevie G was much more athletic and he really could win a game on his own. Gerrard was a truly great player in a world were "great" is well overused.