PDA

View Full Version : 3 big first team signings next!!!!!

Nufc24Mag
24-07-2017, 11:14 AM
Is what we need and I think we will turn our attention to quality striker no10 and a defensive mid that will go straight into starting 11 but I'd still rather let. Gayle have 5-6 games to show what he can do in the prem before we drop him to bench

Davearmy
24-07-2017, 12:00 PM
Don't hold your breath.

smorgan86
24-07-2017, 12:45 PM
We can't go into this season with Dummett as our starter. I'd like to see help with defensive mid as well. As for a striker, we have two who I think can take us to January and we can reassess then.

jacapus
24-07-2017, 02:56 PM
We can't go into this season with Dummett as our starter. I'd like to see help with defensive mid as well. As for a striker, we have two who I think can take us to January and we can reassess then.
Very dangerous to gamble until January by which time we could well be adrift. Mitro will never be a 20 goal a season forward which we desperatelyy need.Also a holding midfield & LB are minimum requirements going into the new season. Surely we have the money to invest as we have not even spent the profit Rafa made last season let alone any of Mr Ashley's promised funds !
OK we need to get rid of the dross & this may be the problem but I fully expect activity in the next 2/3 weeks.If not, the gamble starts again.... & we know how that ended last time. Hold onto your hats !!!!!!!

sherwoodmag
24-07-2017, 04:47 PM
Bump

ashingtoon62
24-07-2017, 05:54 PM
Weve already bought Dummets replacement,or I hope we have...

pboromag
24-07-2017, 06:03 PM
we are being linked to some crap from hull

for phucks sake
what is rafa up to

spend 4-8 million on player for the prem

he aint harry potter

we need 4-6 big signings
not more deadwood

we ahave an abundance of bench warmers and dross
we need people who can make things happen people who actually did something when they played in the prem

players who were the better players in their teams

come on rafa for phuck sake
you are selling the geordie army down the tyne

you are letting us all down

we all hoped for so much but you are delivering us dross

we dont expect to win just be entertained

ex_pat_magpie
24-07-2017, 06:49 PM
His hands are tied by the amount Ashley has made available for purchases as well as wages.

Southerntoon75
24-07-2017, 06:59 PM
His hands are tied by the amount Ashley has made available for purchases as well as wages.

I think he's expecting Rafa to pay for players out of his own money

TheOtherTerryMac
24-07-2017, 07:02 PM

Trouble is Rafa will have been told to move players on to generate cash as our wage bill is getting out of hand with the dross we have.

The problem is any one with half a football brain knows that the players we have to move on are shyte so Rafa is in a Catch 22 situation The shyte players will just sit on their hands and collect their overly inflated salaries knowing that if their moved on they will take a huge pay drop.

What would you do if you were the players, they certainly won't be plaguing their agents to broker them a move for a pay decrease !!!!

Jammy89
25-07-2017, 03:43 PM
Aye, well put Terry.

I think i read somewhere that we have 60-70 players in our first team/Under 23 squad that is way to many.

sherwoodmag
25-07-2017, 04:12 PM
we are being linked to some crap from hull

for phucks sake
what is rafa up to

spend 4-8 million on player for the prem

he aint harry potter

we need 4-6 big signings
not more deadwood

we ahave an abundance of bench warmers and dross
we need people who can make things happen people who actually did something when they played in the prem

players who were the better players in their teams

come on rafa for phuck sake
you are selling the geordie army down the tyne

you are letting us all down

we all hoped for so much but you are delivering us dross

we dont expect to win just be entertainedThat piece of crap from Hull was their player of the season and people are surprised at the low fee quoted,that does not mean that what is in the media is true.I do want to win as well as being entertained.

pboromag
25-07-2017, 05:58 PM
Trouble is Rafa will have been told to move players on to generate cash as our wage bill is getting out of hand with the dross we have.

The problem is any one with half a football brain knows that the players we have to move on are shyte so Rafa is in a Catch 22 situation The shyte players will just sit on their hands and collect their overly inflated salaries knowing that if their moved on they will take a huge pay drop.

What would you do if you were the players, they certainly won't be plaguing their agents to broker them a move for a pay decrease !!!!

rafas had plenty of time to start moving people on

he cant demand to be in charge of footy matters get rid of carr and then do nothig whilst others get the blame for not getting things done

Jammy89
25-07-2017, 07:04 PM
But equally he can't make other clubs bid for players we don't want or need.

pboromag
26-07-2017, 02:44 AM
so start making life awkward for them
extra training move days of ,train with the kids etc etc etc

he had 3 windows to shift some of these

make them go ot on loan

the club have every right to do that

send them to some more ****e hole places their wives wont like etc etc

or threaten it at least

waalsendmick
26-07-2017, 04:48 AM
so start making life awkward for them
extra training move days of ,train with the kids etc etc etc

he had 3 windows to shift some of these

make them go ot on loan

the club have every right to do that

send them to some more ****e hole places their wives wont like etc etc

or threaten it at least

just because (as players) they don't fit into Rafa's plans, doesn't make them bad people.

you can't simply start treating people like sh1te, just to move them on.

if the lads all turn up for training, they all do their jobs and cause no problems around the place, then their contracts are binding and they deserve the same treatment as any working man!

if Rafa started mis-treating them, then no players would come to the club, no agents would do business with us and spirit within the camp would be rock bottom.

TheOtherTerryMac
26-07-2017, 06:04 AM
Aye, well put Terry.

I think i read somewhere that we have 60-70 players in our first team/Under 23 squad that is way to many.

Saviet, Krul & Lazaar told to find new clubs
for the coming season but that means nothing. They have been excluded from the squad and have to train with the academy kids

They will not budge until they find clubs willing to pay them the same salary. I think Saviet was given a 5 year contract at 45k a week. It's very difficult to move dead wood on in these circumstances.

sherwoodmag
26-07-2017, 06:11 AM
Goufran,Sammy,Vukic,Murphy,are just some who have gone,we are shifting them as quick as we can,more will go in the next few weeks.

pboromag
26-07-2017, 07:13 AM

no he is the manager he ahas all the money generated
so start generating it then
get players out bt fare means or fowl ,make life difficult for them
train with the kids ,send them out on loan to places they wouldn't want to go
double training sessions ,

he has told 3 they are not wanted tell the other 20 odd we need gone as well

I cant understand why so many people are letting rafa off
he is the manager of all footballing matters
that is what he wanted ,that is what he got

he needs to get ruthless with the dross

make them look for clubs as if they don't their precious lives here will not be nice

send them to play midweek games on the south coast etc etc
there are a million and one ways to get a player to realise sitting on the bench taking the wages isn't going to happen

pboromag
26-07-2017, 07:19 AM
just because (as players) they don't fit into Rafa's plans, doesn't make them bad people.

you can't simply start treating people like sh1te, just to move them on.

if the lads all turn up for training, they all do their jobs and cause no problems around the place, then their contracts are binding and they deserve the same treatment as any working man!

if Rafa started mis-treating them, then no players would come to the club, no agents would do business with us and spirit within the camp would be rock bottom.

yes they would
players and agents are selfish .they don't give a ****e about others
rafa is the draw apparently

I'm not say mistreat them
make them work make them train with the kids send them out on loan to god forsaken clubs
make them train twice a day to keep their match fitness up

make them travel with the under 23,s etc

make them earn their money like any other working man

having to many bodies around the camp makes it hard for rafa to tarin them and the other coaches and you also get a negativity from those not getting in the team

get it down to 25 players who all want to lay and will battle the man in the team ,you wont get anyone 3rd in line trying

pboromag
26-07-2017, 07:24 AM
Saviet, Krul & Lazaar told to find new clubs
for the coming season but that means nothing. They have been excluded from the squad and have to train with the academy kids

They will not budge until they find clubs willing to pay them the same salary. I think Saviet was given a 5 year contract at 45k a week. It's very difficult to move dead wood on in these circumstances.

that player is going to cost the club 11mill over 5 years ,give him 2 mill bonus to move on and another club can then give him lower wages knowing he has the 2 mill or even 4 mill depending on what the next club want to offer him in contact length

I know a player that was given 1.7 mill to go plus a signing on fee from the new club and in theory moved for lower wages but after 3 years he was actually better off

if the club want to they can get a deal done

when you see certain playes leaving prem clubs and going to ambitious clubs in the fizzy this is usually what happens