PDA

View Full Version : 2 weeks to go and.......

boltonblade
24-07-2017, 11:17 AM
Our starting 11 for me is as follows.....

Moore/Eastwood/Newcomer - Depending on injury etc.
Freeman
Oconnell
Wright
Stearman
Lafferty
Fleck
Coutts
Carruthers
Clarke
Sharp

Which leaves those also expected to be involved
Stevens
Baldock
Thomas
Basham
Brooks
Duffy
Hanson
Evans
Lavery

Looks like a reasonable match day squad to me...obviously some will chop n change. If the strong targets are secured. Leonard/Lundstrum i think we could see through to Jan. Only worry is if the strikers hit the ground running.

I've reflected and on paper it doesn't look horrendous.....

thoughts? have i missed anyone lol

Blade for Life
24-07-2017, 11:28 AM
Thoughts are we need a defensive midfielder, box to box, to let Fleck and Coutts do there thing (Leonard) and worryingly we have not looked great up front pre-season. Hansen is not good enough for the Championship, same with Clarke, Billy will give 100% but he needs some better players around him, i like Lavery but is he a 20 plus goals man , and which Ched will we get, the world beater or the injured past his best version ?. Up front is where i think we need some quality and clear out some of what we already have. I appreciate we scored a lot of goals last season but this is a huge step up in class.

RavBlade
24-07-2017, 11:37 AM

Freeman
Oconnell
Wright
Stearman
Lafferty
Fleck
Coutts
Carruthers
Clarke
Sharp

Stevens
Baldock
Thomas
Basham
Brooks
Duffy
Hanson
Evans
Lavery

Looks like a reasonable match day squad to me...obviously some will chop n change. If the strong targets are secured. Leonard/Lundstrum i think we could see through to Jan. Only worry is if the strikers hit the ground running.

thoughts? have i missed anyone lol

I wouldn't start Stearman from what little I've seen of him so far. Bashambauer all the way for me.

Ayamonteblade
24-07-2017, 11:40 AM
Its hard to say with the forwards....all have good claims to be in the team, but as Clarke finished the season strongly, I agree he should get the first shot (literally :) )

boltonblade
24-07-2017, 11:53 AM
on the flipside...3/4 injuries and we don't look strong......

I still think we are short 1/2 quality signings i really do.

GrayBlade
24-07-2017, 12:17 PM
I wouldn't start Stearman from what little I've seen of him so far. Bashambauer all the way for me.
I think he'll prove to be a decent signing Rav. If we go 3 at the back it'll be him centre with Bash and O'Connel. If we don't get the kid from Sarfend, Bash could be back in midfield and Wright will be in at CB, but we definitely need another player in.

GrayBlade
24-07-2017, 12:19 PM
on the flipside...3/4 injuries and we don't look strong......

I still think we are short 1/2 quality signings i really do.

Agreed BB, but in fairness, we made some good signings nice the season had started last year. We definitely need another keeper in even if Moore isn't too bad.

bulmer1889
24-07-2017, 12:24 PM
Stearman bossed it at chezzy had his work cut out against the basketball player from rovrum,like gray says he'll start in the centre

boltonblade
24-07-2017, 12:55 PM
Agreed BB, but in fairness, we made some good signings nice the season had started last year. We definitely need another keeper in even if Moore isn't too bad.

Connor Ripley a done deal apparently......

RonnieWaldock
24-07-2017, 01:16 PM

Just read this.
Que sera, sera.
Any one know much about and/or got any views on this lad?
Could he be the answer?

boltonblade
24-07-2017, 01:23 PM
Just read this.
Que sera, sera.
Any one know much about and/or got any views on this lad?
Could he be the answer?
No idea to be honest... He could be amazing or terrible.

seanbeanstattoo
24-07-2017, 02:32 PM
I would hope and expect Stevens to start ahead of Lafferty.

boltonblade
24-07-2017, 03:03 PM
I would hope and expect Stevens to start ahead of Lafferty.

it'll take a few games for players to show their true worth in this league and i think some "favourites" will lose their places. Whatever balance wilder finds then if its winning games....i'll be happy. Getting giddy now for the season to start.

bulmer1889
24-07-2017, 03:06 PM

If you read his wiki page it says he made one appearance for chris wilders Oxford after which he sent him back having been unhappy with his performance,be an odd decision with this in mind unless he's had him watched and decided he's made major improvements to his game

GrayBlade
24-07-2017, 03:28 PM
If you read his wiki page it says he made one appearance for chris wilders Oxford after which he sent him back having been unhappy with his performance,be an odd decision with this in mind unless he's had him watched and decided he's made major improvements to his game
He's a keeper though Bully. He was only 19 or 20 when he was at Oxford and maybe Wilder thought that he wasn't ready, he could be a totally different player now.

boltonblade
24-07-2017, 03:28 PM

without seeing him or even really hearing of him prior to today i think if he does sign then the jury is out. He's 24...not a new born GK but still years ahead of him. If the wiki page is true then you can only assume the latter part of your comment is correct.

seanbeanstattoo
24-07-2017, 03:33 PM
He kept 13 clean sheets at home for a p i s s poor Oldham last season.Moore kept 12. I remember reading glowing comments about his performances. I would be very happy if we signed him on a season long loan.

rodcurrie
24-07-2017, 03:51 PM
He kept 13 clean sheets at home for a p i s s poor Oldham last season.Moore kept 12. I remember reading glowing comments about his performances. I would be very happy if we signed him on a season long loan.Ripley was in and around the England youths abart the same time as George Long i believe.Bash will start if he's fit in a 3,i also think Stevens will start in preference to Lafferty.I've mentioned on other threads that i'll be disapointed if Brooksy aint in the squad,runnin at tirin defenders he'll be gr8.UTCB

seanbeanstattoo
24-07-2017, 03:58 PM
Agree rod.

Ayamonteblade
24-07-2017, 04:06 PM
Ripley was in and around the England youths abart the same time as George Long i believe.Bash will start if he's fit in a 3,i also think Stevens will start in preference to Lafferty.I've mentioned on other threads that i'll be disapointed if Brooksy aint in the squad,runnin at tirin defenders he'll be gr8.UTCB

exciting times - it feels like we are an up and coming club with a squad, as yet untested at this level, with a lot to prove. A better place to be than having to buy overpaid hasbeens to do the job for you.

11 days and counting

rodcurrie
24-07-2017, 04:06 PM
Agree rod.Ya know it meks sense my dear old thing.UTCB

RavBlade
24-07-2017, 05:12 PM
I think he'll prove to be a decent signing Rav. If we go 3 at the back it'll be him centre with Bash and O'Connel. If we don't get the kid from Sarfend, Bash could be back in midfield and Wright will be in at CB, but we definitely need another player in.

Hope I'm wrong G, but I sense mistakes in this fella. Having said that, I'll probably be back on here though after 10 games eating my shorts!

rodcurrie
24-07-2017, 05:20 PM
Hope I'm wrong G, but I sense mistakes in this fella. Having said that, I'll probably be back on here though after 10 games eating my shorts!David Luiz makes mistakes Rav and he cost alot more than Stearman i'd guess mate.He dint have a gr8 game at Rovrum but that lad Moore was a big unit wasn't he? UTCB

PaleThinBoy
24-07-2017, 05:25 PM
Assuming Moore will be ok. For me we need two more signings but crucially for me they need to improve the first XI. Tough I know but in Wilder I trust. UTB

Twirlo70
24-07-2017, 06:33 PM

Freeman
Oconnell
Wright
Stearman
Lafferty
Fleck
Coutts
Carruthers
Clarke
Sharp

Stevens
Baldock
Thomas
Basham
Brooks
Duffy
Hanson
Evans
Lavery

thoughts? have i missed anyone lolthat side looks very week in this league,it is absolute ***** we win at home. we need much better forwards,two powerful fast goal scorers that can create for them selfs out of nothing. can see a lot of booing goin on next season at home.

shorehamoldboy
24-07-2017, 07:55 PM
definetly need another striker imo and another centre back keeper looks like being ripley so those 2 positions for me are ***** agree stevens should get the nod over lafferty and personally dissapointed baldock got injured think he will be better quality than freeman in that role very good player

rodcurrie
24-07-2017, 08:13 PM
that side looks very week in this league,it is absolute ***** we win at home. we need much better forwards,two powerful fast goal scorers that can create for them selfs out of nothing. can see a lot of booing goin on next season at home.Booin? REALLY? That'll help tremendously.UTCB

boltonblade
24-07-2017, 08:36 PM
that side looks very week in this league,it is absolute ***** we win at home. we need much better forwards,two powerful fast goal scorers that can create for them selfs out of nothing. can see a lot of booing goin on next season at home.
Said from the end of last season we need to buy quality. We still haven't. We've bought potential quality. I'm just choosing from the best we've got now. I think we are on for a challenging season. Two quality signings needed before 5th August. Proven heads. Worst case is everyone steps up and we have very good squad depth and a competitive squad. Not worth risking immediate relegation for me at all.

GrayBlade
24-07-2017, 08:39 PM
Said from the end of last season we need to buy quality. We still haven't. We've bought potential quality. I'm just choosing from the best we've got now. I think we are on for a challenging season. Two quality signings needed before 5th August. Proven heads. Worst case is everyone steps up and we have very good squad depth and a competitive squad. Not worth risking immediate relegation for me at all.
I'm not sure we need them before the 5th but we need them before the end of the window. A lot of bigger deals seem to be done in August at this level as the better players weigh up their options.

GrayBlade
24-07-2017, 08:41 PM
Booin? REALLY? That'll help tremendously.UTCB
Doesn't take much does it Rod, and that's before a ball has been kicked?

rodcurrie
24-07-2017, 08:44 PM
Said from the end of last season we need to buy quality. We still haven't. We've bought potential quality. I'm just choosing from the best we've got now. I think we are on for a challenging season. Two quality signings needed before 5th August. Proven heads. Worst case is everyone steps up and we have very good squad depth and a competitive squad. Not worth risking immediate relegation for me at all.Jesus Christ can i get my season ticket money back,i'm not lookin forward to the season anymore. UTCB

GrayBlade
24-07-2017, 08:49 PM
Jesus Christ can i get my season ticket money back,i'm not lookin forward to the season anymore. UTCB
It's the same on S2. A bit of bad injury news and the transfer delays and the piss this leagues have jumped onto their swords. It only takes a couple to start the malaise.

We must have more manic-depressives in our fan base than the Pigs have plastics.

bulmer1889
24-07-2017, 10:48 PM
Hey don't blame the messenger :O it could all die down if moores scan results come back positive,you only have to look at Twitter and our Facebook groups to see how volatile some of our fans are,patience is a virtue apparently lost on subsequent generations

rodcurrie
25-07-2017, 07:24 AM
Hey don't blame the messenger :O it could all die down if moores scan results come back positive,you only have to look at Twitter and our Facebook groups to see how volatile some of our fans are,patience is a virtue apparently lost on subsequent generationsI think thar becomin the Hilda Ogden of BLADESmad wi all this gossipin thar doin Bully.UTCB

Twirlo70
25-07-2017, 08:19 AM
Booin? REALLY? That'll help tremendously.UTCBno wont help one bit, i cant wait for the season to start and get behind the lads home and away. but ya know how fickle fans are,we had it good laast season and there were still idiots havin a go when we lost at home. we wont have it easy at all this time round . but the team looks very weak to me,thats not having a go its stating what i think. so to you BLADES MAD gods is that ok. cheers

rodcurrie
25-07-2017, 08:24 AM
no wont help one bit, i cant wait for the season to start and get behind the lads home and away. but ya know how fickle fans are,we had it good laast season and there were still idiots havin a go when we lost at home. we wont have it easy at all this time round . but the team looks very weak to me,thats not having a go its stating what i think. so to you BLADES MAD gods is that ok. cheersTwirls i wasn't suggestin you would boo merely commentin on booin our lads.have you made me a BLADESmad God then?:) UTCB

RonnieWaldock
25-07-2017, 08:44 AM
As a wise old man who has seen it all before, I would just advise my fellow Blades to RELAX and ENJOY the ride.
If we are relegated again - it will not be the end of the world - and at least we have a manager who knows how to get out of Lg 1. You never know, it might be just as enjoyable as the last time we were in that particular division.

I learned many years ago that it is pointless worrying about things over which you have no control. If you can do something about whatever it is that is concerning you - then do it! On the question of the United squad, we have absolutely no power at all - so don't waste your time fretting about it.

Whether we like it or not, we have the manager, staff and Board we have. It worked well last year! I know this is a MUCH tougher league, but please, give them a chance. Knickers should not be getting in a twist anytime before Christmas.

RavBlade
25-07-2017, 08:50 AM
David Luiz makes mistakes Rav and he cost alot more than Stearman i'd guess mate.He dint have a gr8 game at Rovrum but that lad Moore was a big unit wasn't he? UTCB

Side show Bob is way overpriced and overated Rod IMO. Its not the physicality side of his game thats worried me, its the fact he doesnt look composed or a bit unsure on the ball someimes that has.

RavBlade
25-07-2017, 08:53 AM
As a wise old man who has seen it all before, I would just advise my fellow Blades to RELAX and ENJOY the ride.
If we are relegated again - it will not be the end of the world - and at least we have a manager who knows how to get out of Lg 1. You never know, it might be just as enjoyable as the last time we were in that particular division.

I learned many years ago that it is pointless worrying about things over which you have no control. If you can do something about whatever it is that is concerning you - then do it! On the question of the United squad, we have absolutely no power at all - so don't waste your time fretting about it.

Whether we like it or not, we have the manager, staff and Board we have. It worked well last year! I know this is a MUCH tougher league, but please, give them a chance. Knickers should not be getting in a twist anytime before Christmas.

Far too sensible an outlook that I'm afraid RW. You know some fans like to give their knickers a good wind up ready, even before a ball is kicked!

BlockD
25-07-2017, 08:58 AM

Like they do in Parliament,i think we should bestow the title `Father of the Board` to Ronald

Ayamonteblade
25-07-2017, 09:09 AM
Like they do in Parliament,i think we should bestow the title `Father of the Board` to Ronald

He's way to wise for BMad - we'd have nohing to argue about if we listened to Ronnie all the time XD

BlockD
25-07-2017, 09:11 AM
He's way to wise for BMad - we'd have nohing to argue about if we listened to Ronnie all the time XD

Yes that is true,Ronald out

RavBlade
25-07-2017, 10:30 AM

Yoda ??

Ayamonteblade
25-07-2017, 10:56 AM
Yoda ??

small in size, but wise and powerful...............

Twirlo70
25-07-2017, 11:07 AM
Twirls i wasn't suggestin you would boo merely commentin on booin our lads.have you made me a BLADESmad God then?:) UTCBlol no mate i dont believe in gods or god i believe in love an thats about it. havin said that ,theres those on here that do think there are gods of blades mad.and follow no matter what is said. bit like Moses, not him at chelsea either.

LesHiboux
25-07-2017, 12:26 PM
I'm unhappy with recruitment, on both sides of the city.

Holden_C
25-07-2017, 12:30 PM

Wonderful idea. Is it in your powers to make Rod a board God BD? Nothing too grand, God of crap headlines about missing pets or something? Satisfy his ego :)

rodcurrie
25-07-2017, 12:41 PM
Wonderful idea. Is it in your powers to make Rod a board God BD? Nothing too grand, God of crap headlines about missing pets or something? Satisfy his ego :)Marvin and his ego's,name for a band perhaps?:)Go in peace fella. UTCB

BlockD
25-07-2017, 12:44 PM
Wonderful idea. Is it in your powers to make Rod a board God BD? Nothing too grand, God of crap headlines about missing pets or something? Satisfy his ego :)

He had a job being the Births,Deaths and Marriages correspondent H,he failed at that miserably,Alec Gilroy passed away,nothing from him,unforgivable ,I don`t think he deserves a 2nd chance,he has let us down and more importantly,he has let himself down

rodcurrie
25-07-2017, 12:51 PM
He had a job being the Births,Deaths and Marriages correspondent H,he failed at that miserably,Alec Gilroy passed away,nothing from him,unforgivable ,I don`t think he deserves a 2nd chance,he has let us down and more importantly,he has let himself downI'm sorry i missed thi twins passin,i'd already resigned Mr Donald Trumpy mod,the Chucklers are back together i see,Bless em.:) Soon be time for BDBL,mi oldest and me off for a bit o Steak and a few jugs before the game,see ya'll laters,Toodles. UTCB

Holden_C
25-07-2017, 12:57 PM
He had a job being the Births,Deaths and Marriages correspondent H,he failed at that miserably,Alec Gilroy passed away,nothing from him,unforgivable ,I don`t think he deserves a 2nd chance,he has let us down and more importantly,he has let himself down

Harsh but true BD, harsh but true. I hope you gave him three Our Fathers and five Hail Margaret Hilda's to say as punishment.

rodcurrie
25-07-2017, 01:00 PM
Harsh but true BD, harsh but true. I hope you gave him three Our Fathers and five Hail Margaret Hilda's to say as punishment.chuffin hell Marvin tha sounds like Fred Elliott i say tha sounds like Fred Elliott:D UTCB

Holden_C
25-07-2017, 01:01 PM
chuffin hell Marvin tha sounds like Fred Elliott i say tha sounds like Fred Elliott:D UTCB

:)