PDA

View Full Version : The problem Left Back Position

TheOtherTerryMac
24-07-2017, 07:29 PM
Having a reminisce of past left backs but fir me we have only had three since the 60's that stand out

John Beresfird, Alan Kennedy & Frank Clark

Didn't rate Enrique, Jonas made him look good, Bernard was average along with Robbie Elliot

Pearce and Sansom would have great if they were 5 years younger when they signed.

Out of all of them for me it was Alan Kennedy

ex_pat_magpie
24-07-2017, 08:03 PM
Having a reminisce of past left backs but fir me we have only had three since the 60's that stand out

John Beresfird, Alan Kennedy & Frank Clark

Didn't rate Enrique, Jonas made him look good, Bernard was average along with Robbie Elliot

Pearce and Sansom would have great if they were 5 years younger when they signed.

Out of all of them for me it was Alan Kennedy

For me it's a toss up between Frank Clark and Alan Kennedy. Couldn't make my mind up between those two.

Actually I always thought that Jonas could have been successfully converted to a left back.

TheOtherTerryMac
24-07-2017, 08:21 PM
For me it's a toss up between Frank Clark and Alan Kennedy. Couldn't make my mind up between those two.

Actually I always thought that Jonas could have been successfully converted to a left back.

Jonas was a better full back than Enrique Bill if the truth be known he sharp got found out at Liverpool

michaelowen
24-07-2017, 08:53 PM
Beresford was never a left back. There was only ever the gk and 1 other defending. Mainly peaco k as i drunkenly remember

sherwoodmag
25-07-2017, 10:05 AM
We thought Frank Clarke was finished and Cloughy got him European Cup medals,his replacement Kennedy went to Liverpool and got a medal as well.I thought Elliot was ok first time around.

HughieG
25-07-2017, 12:16 PM
Dummett is the best ever!!!

ex_pat_magpie
25-07-2017, 12:54 PM
We thought Frank Clarke was finished and Cloughy got him European Cup medals,his replacement Kennedy went to Liverpool and got a medal as well.I thought Elliot was ok first time around.

How about Stevie Watson. Covered every single position on the field, including in goal, during a spectacular 19 year career.

Gullit should have been shot for selling him at the tender age of 24.

Jammy89
25-07-2017, 03:50 PM
Well god knows what Gullit tried to do to the team. . .

What's happened to Enrique did he ever find another club, i remember we were re-linked with him.

Ragatino
28-07-2017, 04:41 AM
Bernard was shocking aye!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LltnTI7MzIM

This was the best thing he ever did :D