PDA

View Full Version : Russell's Hall Hospital - Thank You!

mickd1961
24-07-2017, 09:23 PM
Russell's Hall gets a lot of stick locally.....some of it deserved in A&E because it can chaotic in there BUT......when it comes to maternity this place has to be one of the best hospitals in the country.

Late on Sunday night my daughter's Labour ran into serious trouble as the baby's heartbeat was almost non existent so in a flash,at the touch of a button,the room flooded with people and with no messing she was whisked down for a C section and baby Leo was saved and just as importantly so was his mum.

I suffered the worst 40 minutes since my dad died on the operating table at the same hospital 14 years ago.....I cried like a baby once I heard they were both okay.

That maternity staff up there are magnificent and I can never repay them enough for the two lives they kept safe last night.

If you have any family or friends due to have a child in the near future you can tell them they could not be in better hands.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

WBA1955
24-07-2017, 09:35 PM
Nice'post'Mick,glad'your'family'are'ok

mickd1961
24-07-2017, 09:40 PM
Nice'post'Mick,glad'your'family'are'ok

Thanks Des....yes they are but a very harrowing night last night.

I must be old.....I've got two of the little blighters now!!

goodlordmurphy
24-07-2017, 11:10 PM
Let's hope Leo remains lion like all his life...congratulations all..

holmleighchris
25-07-2017, 05:42 AM
Glad everything turned out fine Mick.

stripes39
25-07-2017, 07:20 AM
A good friend of mine has worked on the maternity ward at RH since it moved there a few years ago and prior to that when it was in Stourbridge. It must have been a traumatic night for you that puts the usual stuff we stress about into perspective. Nice to hear it all worked out well for you.

Albionic68
25-07-2017, 07:55 AM
Russell's Hall gets a lot of stick locally.....some of it deserved in A&E because it can chaotic in there BUT......when it comes to maternity this place has to be one of the best hospitals in the country.

Late on Sunday night my daughter's Labour ran into serious trouble as the baby's heartbeat was almost non existent so in a flash,at the touch of a button,the room flooded with people and with no messing she was whisked down for a C section and baby Leo was saved and just as importantly so was his mum.

I suffered the worst 40 minutes since my dad died on the operating table at the same hospital 14 years ago.....I cried like a baby once I heard they were both okay.

That maternity staff up there are magnificent and I can never repay them enough for the two lives they kept safe last night.

If you have any family or friends due to have a child in the near future you can tell them they could not be in better hands.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Congratulations Mick and please pass on my best to your daughter.

My lad was born following an emergency C section at Good Hope due to a placental abruption.

Things were touch and go for a while for both mother and child.

Anyway, he turned 17 yesterday and the wife and I recently celebrated our twentieth wedding anniversary.

We've been together for a total of thirty years and counting now, and boy does it feel like it :) ;D .

All of the very best to you and yours B) .

Baggies_Boy_Tony
25-07-2017, 08:06 AM
Congratulations Mick, hope everything proceeds well for you and your family, particularly little Leo:star:

BaggieBlood
25-07-2017, 10:03 AM
Congrats mick, very happy that everything went well for you and your daughter in the end.

I hope you ensure Leo will be a baggie.

Johnny on the spot 1
25-07-2017, 07:24 PM
Nice post mick, pleased everything is okay .

Dubbag
26-07-2017, 08:55 PM
Congratulations to you and yours old chap!!!
Hope all doing well....

mickd1961
26-07-2017, 10:29 PM
Everything is going really well thanks folks.

He strikes an uncanny resemblance to Mr Magoo at the moment but I'm assured that will improve as time goes on :-)

Have you ever noticed with your own kids and grandchildren that even after you've only had them for one day it feels like they've been there forever!?

Roymit
27-07-2017, 11:33 AM
Well done Mick - and even more well done your daughter. It feels like my daughter has been here forever and some days forever and a day.

soulman101
28-07-2017, 02:22 PM
Congratulaions Mick and family.Great name Leo.