PDA

View Full Version : The same record!

Leicesterbaggie
25-07-2017, 07:39 AM
Please forgive me for 'playing the same record' but I am becoming increasingly concerned regarding our lack of activity in the transfer market. We are linked with this player or that player but, as in the past, nothing ever comes of it. There is always some spurious reason as to why the deal has fallen through. Apparently West Ham have just signed Hererra for £20 million, not a bad buy. However, there didn't appear to be much talk before the deal was done, it just happened. Why can't we get deals done in this manner? We are paying people good money to facilitate transfers. What are they doing to earn this money? We have let player after player slip through our fingers, many of them opting for supposedly lesser clubs than us. For goodness sake, how many seasons have we been without a recognised left back and we still haven't rectified the problem? It is now becoming a ridiculous situation and I can't see it improving unless there is a change in mindset or personnel, or both. I don't know if others are feeling the same as I do but I am now really concerned that this threadbare squad could start the new season and if this is the case, relegation is a distinct possibility.

talkSAFT
25-07-2017, 02:57 PM
I never get excited, Leicester. Every year it's the same.
We identify and talk to suitable candidates and agree terms with Club and player A......but then A's Agent says: "That's nice. We'll let you know on Aug 31st in case a bigger, better offer arrives." Then on 31st with 6 hours to go we get let down when West Ham/Stoke/Leicester out-trump us, and then it's a mad scramble for player B.
The Transfer Window is quite ridiculous, and I can't understand why we still have one. Was it designed to counter Inflation? If so, it's a joke!

Johnny on the spot 1
25-07-2017, 06:35 PM
I never get excited, Leicester. Every year it's the same.
We identify and talk to suitable candidates and agree terms with Club and player A......but then A's Agent says: "That's nice. We'll let you know on Aug 31st in case a bigger, better offer arrives." Then on 31st with 6 hours to go we get let down when West Ham/Stoke/Leicester out-trump us, and then it's a mad scramble for player B.
The Transfer Window is quite ridiculous, and I can't understand why we still have one. Was it designed to counter Inflation? If so, it's a joke!

Pulls said on Saturday we would have 2 over the line by Tuesday 😃 lies lies & more lies no one even near ................. is their ?