PDA

View Full Version : Liam Walker Signs

DomdomPie
25-07-2017, 09:06 AM
That bloke from Gibraltar has signed....

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2017/july/liam-walker-signs

queenslandpie
25-07-2017, 09:27 AM
That bloke from Gibraltar has signed....

Ok I'll be the first one. I heard he's as steady as a rock.

countygump
25-07-2017, 09:27 AM
that bloke from gibraltar has signed....

w.o.w !!!

Looks like panic time but I heard the Spanish were interested.

marshall55
25-07-2017, 09:28 AM
Thought we were going for quality and not quantity. must be down to grade D players now.

countygump
25-07-2017, 09:44 AM
Ok I'll be the first one. I heard he's as steady as a rock.

Here's another:

Thought we were defending Gib from the Spanish not taking their rubbish away. :P

queenslandpie
25-07-2017, 09:49 AM
Here's another:

Thought we were defending Gib from the Spanish not taking their rubbish away. :P

I hear his Mrs has the shortest runway strip in Spain. Oh wait...

eyepie
25-07-2017, 09:56 AM
You lot really know how to welcome a fella don't you.

countygump
25-07-2017, 10:01 AM

Seen him, decent player. He can trap a ball 25 yards. ;D

Bunks5
25-07-2017, 10:31 AM

I'm with you eyepie. We are starting to build up a strong squad and confidence is growing for the season ahead. How about we welcome the new additions and give them our support. So many negative vibes on this board, almost feel like throwing myself under a bu.............

Elite_Pie
25-07-2017, 10:53 AM
I have a feeling Walker might change a few opinions before the season is out. I don't think he's the type to win many MOM awards, but he might give us that bit of steel in midfield that we have lacked for a while. I know this is a pretty radical suggestion, but it might be worth giving him a few games before deciding he's useless.

queenslandpie
25-07-2017, 11:06 AM
I have a feeling Walker might change a few opinions before the season is out. I don't think he's the type to win many MOM awards, but he might give us that bit of steel in midfield that we have lacked for a while. I know this is a pretty radical suggestion, but it might be worth giving him a few games before deciding he's useless.

I can see 2 yes TWO negativish comments and a few of the usual cheap gags from the idiot brigade ( me). I don't think anyone has decided he's useless. One or two posters have decided that he might not have been the first choice for midfield and given the very public missing out on Liam Nobel dare I say they are entirely correct. Anyway for what it's worth good luck to the lad and I hope he has a great season. Seems an OK signing to me.

Elite_Pie
25-07-2017, 11:12 AM
given the very public missing out on Liam Nobel.

True, he would have been a real prize.

51Magpie
25-07-2017, 11:36 AM
If Kevin Nolan likes him enough to sign him, that's good enough for me. I hope he'll do well for us. I had to smile though when looking at the Post's lead-in to the story. "Gibraltar international" indeed... The population of Gibraltar is south of 35,000. On that basis then if I lived there I would reckon myself on the fringe of an international footballing career, and I'm 66.

Bridg4d_Pie_
25-07-2017, 12:13 PM
I can see 2 yes TWO negativish comments and a few of the usual cheap gags from the idiot brigade ( me). I don't think anyone has decided he's useless. One or two posters have decided that he might not have been the first choice for midfield and given the very public missing out on Liam Nobel dare I say they are entirely correct. Anyway for what it's worth good luck to the lad and I hope he has a great season. Seems an OK signing to me.

I to agree queensland too many negative posts from the usual Mingers and moaners who just seem to think they know it all, just give
K. N. a chance let him do it his way, he may not get it correct all the time but then again neither did Jimmy, Neil or Sam. The way some of this lot carry on you would think they were TV Pundits, just give these signings a chance to settle in and then some before you get your knives out ffs. :mad:

JoePass
25-07-2017, 12:17 PM
I to agree queensland too many negative posts from the usual Mingers and moaners who just seem to think they know it all, just give
K. N. a chance let him do it his way, he may not get it correct all the time but then again neither did Jimmy, Neil or Sam. The way some of this lot carry on you would think they were TV Pundits, just give these signings a chance to settle in and then some before you get your knives out ffs. :mad:

It's time you were banned for making a sensible post :P

SwalePie
25-07-2017, 02:03 PM

...bot possibly not for peace. :)

Bridg4d_Pie_
25-07-2017, 02:39 PM
It's time you were banned for making a sensible post :P

Wotch it Joe or your 'G' String will be gusseted Pal. :P

crazyfists
25-07-2017, 03:38 PM
We'll have to wait and see in the league how he goes, at least he's had prior experience in England. In Nolan we trust.

TedBovisPie
25-07-2017, 04:19 PM
Appears to be a bit of a footballing nomad, I'm guessing the club has only offered him a short contract to prove himself?

jacobncfc
25-07-2017, 04:45 PM
Pompey fans actually seen to rate him higher than I'd thought. Good luck to the lad, appears to be a relatively cheap punt but you never know. Still think that trying to guess how new signings are going to do is basically a fool's game.

jackal2
25-07-2017, 07:09 PM

Fair comment, but I can understand the scepticism given our general record with new signings, especially trial players, in recent years. I've lost count of the number of times we've got to November and December time and realised the squad is at least half full of deadwood which can barely be used, so we end up scratching around to put a team together. It strikes me that Liam Walker has spent much of his career playing at quite a low level of competition, so it's difficult to assess just how good he might actually be. He's here now though, so all the best to him.

queenslandpie
25-07-2017, 07:30 PM

I didn't suggest he was a prize but he was good enough for his current club to settle him down and offer him an improved new deal. I mean after all it's not like there have been any players in the past few years that have under performed at Notts and done much better both before and after their time at Meadow Lane is there. Anyway good luck to Mr Plan B.

LaughingMagpie
25-07-2017, 07:45 PM
I didn't suggest he was a prize.
Nobel prize

I know you are down under but.....

Elite_Pie
25-07-2017, 07:46 PM
I didn't suggest he was a prize but he was good enough for his current club to settle him down and offer him an improved new deal. I mean after all it's not like there have been any players in the past few years that have under performed at Notts and done much better both before and after their time at Meadow Lane is there. Anyway good luck to Mr Plan B.

Come on QP, you're normally a bit more awake than that, perhaps it's the time difference. My 'prize' comment was nothing more than a cheap pun on you calling him Nobel rather than Noble.

Elite_Pie
25-07-2017, 07:48 PM
Looks like LM beat me by a minute!

queenslandpie
25-07-2017, 08:40 PM
Nobel prize

I know you are down under but.....

When I referred to myself as the idiot brigade in my first post clearly I was correct!

It was early and I am usually used to the straightest of bats in defence against eLite Pie.

D'oh stupid is as stupid does Forrest.

blue midget
25-07-2017, 09:22 PM
for goodness sake let the bloke kick a ball in anger before you pass judgment

BigFatPie
26-07-2017, 01:20 AM
Gawd, just found out he was in that piss poor Portsmouth team with Luke Rodgers, a side who gave one of the worst performances I've ever seen.

This, along with the rest of his career suggests bench filler at absolute best.

AltyPie
26-07-2017, 03:48 AM
Gawd, just found out he was in that piss poor Portsmouth team with Luke Rodgers, a side who gave one of the worst performances I've ever seen.

DomdomPie
26-07-2017, 05:46 AM
He was also in the Lincoln Red Imps side that beat Celtic in Champions League qualifying.

But it's how he performs in this Notts side that matters - so let's see.

Bohinen
26-07-2017, 07:43 AM
I wonder if all those people who who were dead set against Liam 'Nobel' Noble coming back would have held that view if they had known the alternative. Fair enough, I haven't seen him play, and, as we know from proven published experts, past form documented in Wikipedia is no guide to future perfromances, but those who have seen him say he can trap a ball 25 yards (for example). Forgive me if I am not convinced. Spoilt brat that I am, I was brought up on Masson, but someone like Bishop would do me fine.

i961pie
26-07-2017, 07:07 PM

Not like you to be negative about anything BFG:P