PDA

View Full Version : has it all gone quiet for a reason?

waalsendmick
25-07-2017, 10:47 AM
we aren't even being linked with many players now?

there's a few reasons this could be....

1. everybody now knows we need to shift a few 1st?
2. we've already been linked to everybody and there's nobody left for the media to guess at?

or, and hopefully it's this...

3. because the real business is done under the radar, and the club is actually making real progress without @rsehole journos interfering to scupper any deals?

hopefully not....
4. because Ashley never really had any intention of supporting Rafa in the 1st place?

ghostrider
25-07-2017, 11:20 AM
Basically we have to shift players before anything happens.

If we're going to make any more signings then what we'd see is one out and one in, immediately, or likely 1/2/3/, etc, out and one in, to clear the decks.

waalsendmick
25-07-2017, 11:34 AM
we are now paying the price of relegation.

firstly we have missed out on the 1st big TV payment, and secondly (as we really had expected) we are still stuck with the championship level squad we assembled to guarantee promotion.

pboromag
25-07-2017, 11:51 AM
no we are paying because we brought champo players with no forward thinking

add to that we already had an abundance of chipmo player
also added further was rafa hsnt shifted any dead wood since he has been here he has had 3 windows to do so

now his lack of forward planning is costing us

he had loads of players last season that he was never going to play and ash was paying for them

he didn't even shift the ****e out on loan
he even recalled shammy

waalsendmick
25-07-2017, 11:54 AM
I'm not sure Rafa sells anybody (or buys for that matter)

I'm pretty sure his frustration is down to the likes of Charnley failing to buy and sell the players he asks him to.

pboromag
25-07-2017, 11:58 AM
would he sell anyone rafa don't want selling

I'm sure charnley would love to get a few of the wage bill

waalsendmick
25-07-2017, 12:00 PM
so would Rafa! he has listed players he doesn't want, the club can't move them on.

HughieG
25-07-2017, 12:14 PM
I'm not sure Rafa sells anybody (or buys for that matter)

I'm pretty sure his frustration is down to the likes of Charnley failing to buy and sell the players he asks him to.

I too thought Rafa was frustrated, Mick. However, I'm actually not sure that he is - he understands the craziness of the market and knows that we are not first in line to get the players we want. Also I think that he and Charnley work closely together, doubt Charnley would have brought in Lejeune without the advice of Rafa.

I'm still waiting for transfers that will improve our squad to a greater extent - and so does Rafa probably - but I don't think he's too upset as it is right now.

waalsendmick
25-07-2017, 12:27 PM
I too thought Rafa was frustrated, Mick. However, I'm actually not sure that he is - he understands the craziness of the market and knows that we are not first in line to get the players we want. Also I think that he and Charnley work closely together, doubt Charnley would have brought in Lejeune without the advice of Rafa.

I'm still waiting for transfers that will improve our squad to a greater extent - and so does Rafa probably - but I don't think he's too upset as it is right now.

I hope you're right mate.

that way, he is sensible enough to k ow that survival is our main aim this season. then we can push on.

if fans (and Rafa) stay patient, this can still be a new dawn!

HughieG
25-07-2017, 12:34 PM
I hope you're right mate.

that way, he is sensible enough to k ow that survival is our main aim this season. then we can push on.

if fans (and Rafa) stay patient, this can still be a new dawn!

Yeah of course I'm only guessing, I can't know how Rafa feels - but it seems to me that he's doing alreet :)

Here's to a new dawn.

ex_pat_magpie
25-07-2017, 01:09 PM

2. we've already been linked to everybody and there's nobody left for the media to guess at?

3. because the real business is done under the radar, and the club is actually making real progress without @rsehole journos interfering to scupper any deals?

hopefully not....
4. because Ashley never really had any intention of supporting Rafa in the 1st place?

I would reckon that number 3 is the closest to reality as we can expect. Of course the club and top officials at the club keep their cards close to their chests while either buying or selling. Leaks coming out make a big difference to the prices both ways.

That's why supposed scoops by reporters and those who wallow in the glory of being "in the know" never know until the rest of us do.

Remember when Shearer came here, how well that was kept under wraps. Will this windows secrets should be a doddle compared to that scoop.

waalsendmick
25-07-2017, 01:16 PM
I bloody hope so!

Jammy89
25-07-2017, 03:54 PM
Hopefully you're right Pat.

I think there has to be something in number 1 though. How more players can we realistically be linked with before people start just ignoring the journalists and click bait XD

sherwoodmag
25-07-2017, 04:03 PM
Rafa has already said after the Preston game that we need to shift more out,but he also said that bringing more in is the priority and he hoped there would be some movement soon.

pboromag
25-07-2017, 06:01 PM
carr has taken his note book and no one has a clue who to buy

waalsendmick
25-07-2017, 06:28 PM

thank feck for that!

Jammy89
25-07-2017, 07:06 PM

Did something useful then XD

Nufc24Mag
25-07-2017, 08:44 PM

hopefully not....

It's never quiet when we have pboro