PDA

View Full Version : Ben Gibson

Q165
25-07-2017, 02:59 PM
I have no idea what Ben Gibson is like. But is chasing him worth all the time, effort and importantly money that I keep reading about?

Personally I am getting a bit browned off seeing us linked with one centre back after another (all big blokes). Any other type of player at all realistic?

BaggieBlood
25-07-2017, 04:13 PM
The Gibson fee is way too much imo, rumours are that smalling is for sale for 10m and delph the same.

If true, then that's 2 players for less than the price of Gibson.

Gibson is boro fan, nephew of their owner, who has spent all his life and playing career there and he has only one season in the prem. There is no guarantee to say he will settle in a new area and club and perform the same as he did at boro.

Smalling and Delph are riskier as they seem to be injured alot, but so is jrod.

With our medical team, I trust they can manage them two better.

Maybe i'm being greedy, but I want another striker too.

On another note Burnley have agreed a fee with leeds for charlie austin. I hope he doesn't come to haunt us like robertson, maguire, antonio and cresswell.

Albionmad
25-07-2017, 05:04 PM
On another note Burnley have agreed a fee with leeds for charlie austin(Taylor). I hope he doesn't come to haunt us like robertson, maguire, antonio and cresswell.

edited

Johnny on the spot 1
25-07-2017, 05:07 PM
The Gibson fee is way too much imo, rumours are that smalling is for sale for 10m and delph the same.

If true, then that's 2 players for less than the price of Gibson.

Gibson is boro fan, nephew of their owner, who has spent all his life and playing career there and he has only one season in the prem. There is no guarantee to say he will settle in a new area and club and perform the same as he did at boro.

Smalling and Delph are riskier as they seem to be injured alot, but so is jrod.

With our medical team, I trust they can manage them two better.

Maybe i'm being greedy, but I want another striker too.

On another note Burnley have agreed a fee with leeds for charlie austin. I hope he doesn't come to haunt us like robertson, maguire, antonio and cresswell.

It's not being greedy Blood we desperately need another striker ,