PDA

View Full Version : Rochdale v Barnsley tonight

EastStandRed
25-07-2017, 05:32 PM

Ponte_Steve24
25-07-2017, 05:57 PM
I hope we're on ball with that line up Keef 'll be rubbin his cock.

Jules88
25-07-2017, 06:20 PM
Another cracker. Remember where we are playing tonight!!!!

EastStandRed
25-07-2017, 06:52 PM
5 - Good play from Hammill on the wing as he crosses, with Isgrove striking well under pressure but narrowly wide.

9 - The first effort on target of the match comes to Inman who half-volleys, Townsend does well to save it.

15 - Jackson puts in a superbly timed challenge to deny Calvin Andrew inside the box after a quick Dale attack.

16 - Stunning save from Townsend! Callum Camps continues the pressure from the home side, but a one-handed diving save denies him.

20 - Isgrove and Hammill continue to switch wings and attack the home defence. The score remains 0-0 so far.

POGGYWELL
25-07-2017, 06:59 PM
Game live audio commentary on Facebook BFC page.

EastStandRed
25-07-2017, 07:10 PM
25 - Both teams are looking to play neat passing football in an entertaining game so far in Rochdale. 0-0

27 - Joe Williams has won some big challenges in the heart of midfield for the Reds, setting attacks off in the process.

32 - Calvin Andrew wins a header from a Dale corner, Townsend is there again to make the save and clear. 0-0

37 - A good break led by Fryers down the left wins the Reds a corner.

Jules88
25-07-2017, 07:24 PM
Lindsay looked good before injury

EastStandRed
25-07-2017, 07:33 PM
38 - One corner leads to another after Jackson comes close, but the following delivery goes straight over the top of everyone for a throw.

41 - CHANGE: Liam Lindsay has took a knock in a challenge and will be immediately replaced by Ethan Pinnock.

42 - Really nice link-up play between McCarthy and Brown gives Bradshaw a half-chance, he shoots over.

43 - It's Townsend again who makes a save from Inman as he breaks into the area. It's an end-to-end game! 0-0

EastStandRed
25-07-2017, 07:33 PM

EastStandRed
25-07-2017, 07:37 PM
2nd half

CHANGES: Andy Yiadom, Angus MacDonald, Ike Ugbo, George Moncur replace Adam Jackson, Zeki Fryers, Jacob Brown, Sessi D'Almeida.

EastStandRed
25-07-2017, 07:49 PM

EastStandRed
25-07-2017, 07:50 PM
50 - Calvin Andrew has the ball in the net but the flag is up as the forward is some distance offside. 0-0

52 - OFF THE LINE! Bradshaw and Ugbo combine in the box and Lillis eventually gathers on the line.

54 - CLOSE! Lillis gets down low to deny Bradshaw who shoots well from a tight angle.

EastStandRed
25-07-2017, 07:50 PM
CHANGE: Alex Mowatt comes on to replace Joe Williams for the Reds.

EastStandRed
25-07-2017, 07:58 PM
GOAL! It's a first Barnsley goal for Ike Ugbo!

67 - An excellent break, Isgrove crosses, Bradshaw has an excellent header well saved but Ugbo is there to finish at close range! 0-1

EastStandRed
25-07-2017, 08:12 PM
70 - Two good saves from Josh Lillis in the Dale net, who denies Alex Mowatt on both occasions! 0-1

72 - A contender for the scrappiest moment of the season inside the Reds area as Rochdale have multiple chances to score, all missed. 0-1

EastStandRed
25-07-2017, 08:13 PM
CHANGE: Ben Williams and Stevie Mallan will enter the field for the Reds in place of Jason McCarthy and Lloyd Isgrove.

EastStandRed
25-07-2017, 08:13 PM
78 - The Reds have played some really nice one-touch football in the past few moments. 0-1

EastStandRed
25-07-2017, 08:22 PM
Attendance: 989 - With a good proportion of Reds fans making the journey over to Lancashire.

EastStandRed
25-07-2017, 08:22 PM
GOAL!! It's that man Ike Ugbo again

89 - Moncur breaks through midfield and plays the forward in on goal, he rounds the 'keeper and slots into the back of the net for 0-2!

EastStandRed
25-07-2017, 08:23 PM
Full time 0-2

Exiletyke
25-07-2017, 08:25 PM
Full time 0-2

Thankyou for the reports ESR
much appreciated

pass_and_move
25-07-2017, 08:32 PM
Pleased for young Pele, 2 goals to build his confidence

DOOALI
25-07-2017, 08:40 PM
Job done nothing like a win whoever it is I bet Pele is happy to get off mark cheers ESR for updates

Romared
25-07-2017, 08:41 PM
Ike It !!! Gooalmachine ;D hittul ev dun lad good , pleeuzzed forrim ,;D

Ponte_Steve24
25-07-2017, 08:42 PM
Ike Ike Ugbo it's muller mmm tasty XD

Jules88
25-07-2017, 08:58 PM
Goodbye trip for us. Home already!
McCarthy stand out man for me. Lindsay too. Two goals will do him no harm. Joe
Williams did ok ... getting better
Ben Williams didn't do badly in the?15 he was on.
Better from Pinnock tonight. Good heading of the ball.
Some good play. Some poor.
Townsend played well tonight too
Encouraging again.. but still a way off championship standard. Lloyd sharp.

Jules88
26-07-2017, 12:45 AM
Sorry guys. Writing on phone isn't good. Last post was poor... sorry.
Got to say that most of tonight was feeling a little frustrating. After a decent showing against Cov, and holding some team in Blue and White this weekend till the last minute I expected a different "Bullish" performance tonight. Mediocre in parts is the phrase I could use. A lot of sighs, a lot of bouncing balls, poor control in the middle and generally "Ping Pong" in the middle.
Occasionally a few good moves and after the break some real quality ones! Especially down the Right hand side.
Defensively I'd say we are on a par with last season..... VERY good in the air.....
A little lacking on the floor ( Yiadom apart). Angus got in a stew a couple of times and at one point even the ultra supportive away following were screaming at him to stop p!$$ing about with the ball at the edge of the 6 yard box, as he had got himself in a pickle.
Rochdale certainly were up for it, as we thought they would be and in some respects it was a better work out and barometer than the weekend expoits against the possession obsessed "Dog Botherers" at the weekend. Rochdale were playing good football, and on several occasions had the occasion to score easily. Producing Impressive movement of the ball, and some good accurate passing. Probably more than we did.

Pinnock and Lindsay will be fine. Both will settle and see us right defensively. Worried for Lindsay as he wasn't even contemplating carrying on when he went down injured. There certainly wasn't a debate when the Physio went on about whether he was coming off.

Animal, the lad "Youth" had 3 chances, I think and finished two. Not the finished article..... but there's real promise. He's running, and working hard.... once or twice he combined with Hammil, and others to deliver some deft passing....
He won't be here longer than a season. I'll put him down for 24 this season in all comps...... ( if he isn't recalled).

Joe Williams looks a fortnight behind the rest, but showed tonight he can be a good player.
Good handling from Townsend....(yes... really). And one save in particular caught him unawares, and if you can see it on Video he does really well to tip over.....( must have swerved, as it was a real long range effort. Handling for catches, and on the greasy wet grass low down was good.

***Point to note. ***
Rochdale had a "Trialist" who was a lively skilful beggar, left side,... got a good lengthy applause from all corners of the ground, ( noticeably amid especially our supporters) when substituted...
Wonder who he was?? ....... impressed me and plenty others.... African/West Indian .... not tall,

MOM for me was Mcarthy. Think we have a gem here.

If every away game was as easy to get to, and back, as easy to park, and as cheap it would be superb! Not sure about the Mirrored glass on their stand though..... it was like watching a game in the garden with the telly parked on the top of the fence!!!
Friendly enough place, supporters and Stewards. Long time since I've been here..... was dire last time.
Can we have them in all 3 cups please!
Same result.

Romared
26-07-2017, 06:24 AM
Nice one Jules

SBRed48
26-07-2017, 08:00 AM
Good pooast Jules. Thaz sed mooist a wot a wudda sed.

Allus like gooin to Rochdale to the Crown Oil Arena. Proper football club. The Sandy Lane end was looking particularly lovely in the evening sunshine and the trees in full leaf. Thev buggered the main stand though wi that huge mirror effect the length of the stand..This inta match repooart but some random thoughts are

First fif**** minutes spent listening to the Rochdale keeper sharting "Squeeze" every few seconds.
Scrappy first heyf, enlivened by a tip ovva from Tarnsend and a bit of skill from Isgrove ending with an air shot in front of goal. Linds looked good in defence, hope his injury is minor. Bradshaw again trying to play as target man against hairy-arsed defenders, again it didn't work. A big lad leading the line wud mekka huge difference. Sessi tackling a lot horizontally on the flooar. He's gunna give a penalty away in the Championship--you heard it here first. Jooa Williams showed promise.
We looked a different side second heyf, mainly because we were a different side second heyf. Moncur ran the midfield. Pinnock looked strong. Uggy came on second heyf replacing Brarn. Ran ararnd like a young gazelle fo ten minutes but found his confidence after scooaring a tap in from a rebound off the keeper aar cudda scooared. His second was class showing composure and skill to latch onto a Moncur through ball and round the keeper to slot ooam.

A decent run art.

Only thing to spoil the neet was the Wilbutts Road chipoyle wo shut as we wo intending to ev aar teear theear.

animallittle3
26-07-2017, 08:23 AM
Pleased for Pele , nice confidence booster for the lad .

Word round the camp fire is he isn't blessed with pace , could anyone confirm that .

SBRed48
26-07-2017, 08:30 AM
Never really saw him go on a run forra decent distance against a defender. He nipped across a player nar and ageean to get to the ball first. Took his goal well. Reminded me of Pele in the 58 World Cup.

animallittle3
26-07-2017, 08:40 AM
Never really saw him go on a run forra decent distance against a defender. He nipped across a player nar and ageean to get to the ball first. Took his goal well. Reminded me of Pele in the 58 World Cup.

I once hit the cross bar from the half way line SB , wind assisted straight from the kick off whilst their keeper was still puffing on his half time fag .

Reminded me of Pele in the 1970'world cup :-) :-)

SBRed48
26-07-2017, 08:47 AM
Ad tha stubbed thi fag art seconds befooar he did.

Romared
26-07-2017, 08:57 AM
Enny plantpots SB ? ;D

animallittle3
26-07-2017, 09:04 AM
Ad tha stubbed thi fag art seconds befooar he did.

Turned us straight rarnd SB so niver got chance or had wud a had a half time toot .

Their keeper musta had a packet in his little bag in goal hoyle the crafty git .

Gale force n driving rain that day , tha dunt get conditions like that nar , called it off these days , mummy's boy pussies that lake nar .

animallittle3
26-07-2017, 09:07 AM
Enny plantpots SB ? ;D

Wun sat in Rochdale dugart wi a green jacket on apparently. :-) :-)

Romared
26-07-2017, 09:12 AM
Wun sat in Rochdale dugart wi a green jacket on apparently. :-) :-)
Thort ewarra shytepot !!

SBRed48
26-07-2017, 10:20 AM
Enny plantpots SB ? ;D

A few hundred a them in main stand. A few hundred a us sat opposite. Quiet both sides apart from last 20 mins. Balmy, like Rome insteada Rochdale. No plantpots on eeads. McNulty gorra bitta stick when he came on second heyf. Reece Brarn laiked o'reyt fo them first heyf, he's grown a bit.

Acido
26-07-2017, 03:19 PM
Jules what are the 3 cups, we're not in the Checkertrade Paintpot Trophy thingy are we ?
And a season long loan should mean exactly that, isn't it daft that the 'parent' club might want to recall a player if hes doing well or if they have got an injury list etc.

Jules88
28-07-2017, 07:19 AM
Aah. Forgot there's only two now. !
Didn't that lad from bournemouth get recalled by Chelsea last season as he was doing too well? Ake?