PDA

View Full Version : Prince Abdullah and further investment

Blade for Life
25-07-2017, 05:51 PM
I will refrain from using the L word but where is our 50 percent owners investment ?. We were told that once we got into the Championship a second phase of investment would be released to improve the team. We will get more in increased revenue and gates receipts than we have already spent. The deal was purchase half the club for £1 and investment in the team. Alright this did happen initially (although wasted by poor managers) but where is this promised second phase ?. I appreciate we are not talking Man City or PSG Arabian investment but this is looking like empty promises. What gets me is that we already have an unexpected £6 million due sometime in the next year. I hate to say it but the Pigs jibe of Poundland Prince is starting to look real. Let's not spoil all the good work of last year loosen those purse strings and get Wilders targets signed.

GrayBlade
25-07-2017, 06:05 PM
Well we've signed somebody tonight so that's good, but just to play devil's advocate, how do when know that the purse string problem (if there is one) lies with the Prince? He might want to splash the cash more, but has been advised not to by McCabe or somebody on the board.

FatherKnowsBest
25-07-2017, 06:18 PM
Bearing in mind that the manager has brought in, what, five now? And that manager has said he doesn't want big time charlies, what did we really expect? The prince walking in to BDTBL with a couple of bags for life filled with twenties? Sits Wilder down, screws up his list of targets and says, 'go-on Chris, blow some of this wonga. I've heard Alan Hutton is available. Go-on, you know that's what you really want'

I don't know. but I do wonder if we are imagining a problem rather than seeing one.

shorehamoldboy
25-07-2017, 06:20 PM
think some will be held back for january personally while trusting tuftys recruitment so far i would like to see a couple of championship players brought in and that means spending so we will see

Blade for Life
25-07-2017, 06:41 PM
Well we've signed somebody tonight so that's good, but just to play devil's advocate, how do when know that the purse string problem (if there is one) lies with the Prince? He might want to splash the cash more, but has been advised not to by McCabe or somebody on the board. As a successful business man I think the Prince would make his own mind up. More likely the personal wealth of the Prince is not great by football standards. We are currently looking for further investors which tells me that outside of the day to day running of the club there is little in the pot for Wilder, compared to our competition.

tomytony
25-07-2017, 06:57 PM
Well we've signed somebody tonight so that's good, but just to play devil's advocate, how do when know that the purse string problem (if there is one) lies with the Prince? He might want to splash the cash more, but has been advised not to by McCabe or somebody on the board.

Surely he's got more nous than to take football advice from McC.

If not, we're doomed I tell ye,doomed.

Holden_C
25-07-2017, 07:18 PM
Another one signed tonight. No fee no wages as usual I suspect........

Wingy Blade
25-07-2017, 08:27 PM
A lot were moaning last year at CW's signings and they turned out ok. Lets wait and see before we start moaning about things which may not be true

boltonblade
25-07-2017, 09:25 PM
some people getting worried by our lack of championship signings. Fully understood. Let's see how we get on in the first part of the season before the frustration is justified. Hope it doesn't even come to that.

rodcurrie
26-07-2017, 07:06 AM
Thank goodness we aint lost a friendly or the world would be comin to an end.Perhaps what was seen as significant investment when the statement was made is no longer seen as significant given that the Championship is havin alot more money spent on it nowadays.I've said all summer anyone expectin mega bucks bein spent on a player is gunna be disapointed but hey we're all entitled to our views.UTCB

seanbeanstattoo
26-07-2017, 09:28 AM
All the signings made will have cost a fair amount in transfer fees,signing on fees,agents fees and wages. Apparently Spearman cost just shy of £1m. We are still in for Leonard,a CB,GK and probably a striker.
I am very happy with the business Wilder has done so far and our results,particularly against top grade La Liga and Prem opposition suggest so should everyone else.
I've been as critical as anyone over the last few seasons as I think the board and certain managers have deserved it. Now it's time to give deserved praise in equal measure.

Chips1889
26-07-2017, 09:33 AM
All the signings made will have cost a fair amount in transfer fees,signing on fees,agents fees and wages. Apparently Spearman cost just shy of £1m. We are still in for Leonard,a CB,GK and probably a striker.
I am very happy with the business Wilder has done so far and our results,particularly against top grade La Liga and Prem opposition suggest so should everyone else.
I've been as critical as anyone over the last few seasons as I think the board and certain managers have deserved it. Now it's time to give deserved praise in equal measure.

SBT, is that really you? I find myself agreeing.....I'm off for a rest to recover mate

UTCB

tomytony
26-07-2017, 09:36 AM
Thank goodness we aint lost a friendly or the world would be comin to an end.Perhaps what was seen as significant investment when the statement was made is no longer seen as significant given that the Championship is havin alot more money spent on it nowadays.I've said all summer anyone expectin mega bucks bein spent on a player is gunna be disapointed but hey we're all entitled to our views.UTCB

Ah, now I understand. times have changed, signigicant no longer means significant. So the phrase should have been " Think Man City not Liverpool 2012" or whenever.

Yet in 12/13 Blackburn, for example, spent more on Slew than we have done on any player to date this close season.They also spent more on another Jordan though! They also bought Bentley from Spurs and Murphy from Fulham.

No one's complaining about the TEAM so your first sentence becomes redundant.

Many are surprised ( or not) as to the lack of the PROMISED 'significant investment'

Hopefully CW works his magic again but, if he's struggling for meaningful investment, there's only 2 men to blame, basd on the words of 1 of them.

rodcurrie
26-07-2017, 10:45 AM
Ah, now I understand. times have changed, signigicant no longer means significant. So the phrase should have been " Think Man City not Liverpool 2012" or whenever.

Yet in 12/13 Blackburn, for example, spent more on Slew than we have done on any player to date this close season.They also spent more on another Jordan though! They also bought Bentley from Spurs and Murphy from Fulham.

No one's complaining about the TEAM so your first sentence becomes redundant.

Many are surprised ( or not) as to the lack of the PROMISED 'significant investment'

Hopefully CW works his magic again but, if he's struggling for meaningful investment, there's only 2 men to blame, basd on the words of 1 of them.How do you know what we've spent on players or what Blackburn spent on Slewy TT? Ya don't and neither do i,you're goin on hear say but hey it's suits your agenda to keep slaggin the board or more particularly King Kev.No ones complainin abart the team?:? Have you seriously not seen posts on here that the team/squad aint good enuff? You will use anythin to keep your anti King Kev stance goin and again i say you're entitled to your view.Have a look at Beany's post a man we all know has slaughtered the club(not just one man)when he's felt it correct to do so but he's also prepared to give credit when it's due,a much more rounded poster than you'll ever be mi owd pal simply cos you refuse to ease up on the King Kev hatred.It's sad really but hey us that still go to games from what i see the vast majority are behind the club and lookin forward to the new season,TRUE BLADES if ya like.:)Roll on 5th August.UTCB

GrayBlade
26-07-2017, 11:16 AM

I sort of agree mate but I'm still waiting for that early season kick in the nuts so I'll reserve judgment for now. You allured that your contact thought Wilder might not be happy because we were 'penny pinching' and stalling deals a couple of days ago, so let's hope they were wrong and we take the good will into the new season. I don't think we'll struggle even now, but I reckon we're just 2 or 3 players from being very competitive team under this manager.

seanbeanstattoo
26-07-2017, 11:32 AM
I sort of agree mate but I'm still waiting for that early season kick in the nuts so I'll reserve judgment for now. You allured that your contact thought Wilder might not be happy because we were 'penny pinching' and stalling deals a couple of days ago, so let's hope they were wrong and we take the good will into the new season. I don't think we'll struggle even now, but I reckon we're just 2 or 3 players from being very competitive team under this manager.

We got Lundstrom after what seemed a bit of faffing and Knill assures us we are still chasing Leonard,(who personally I think would be a brilliant signing). We are after a keeper and someting up top.
My only concern is the "it's gone upstairs" reference Wilder uses. The info I got was 100% in good faith and the next 10 days will show us how valid it is. I agree with you we are a couple light of a very well ballanced squad.

tomytony
26-07-2017, 01:01 PM
How do you know what we've spent on players or what Blackburn spent on Slewy TT? Ya don't and neither do i,you're goin on hear say but hey it's suits your agenda to keep slaggin the board or more particularly King Kev.No ones complainin abart the team?:? Have you seriously not seen posts on here that the team/squad aint good enuff? You will use anythin to keep your anti King Kev stance goin and again i say you're entitled to your view.Have a look at Beany's post a man we all know has slaughtered the club(not just one man)when he's felt it correct to do so but he's also prepared to give credit when it's due,a much more rounded poster than you'll ever be mi owd pal simply cos you refuse to ease up on the King Kev hatred.It's sad really but hey us that still go to games from what i see the vast majority are behind the club and lookin forward to the new season,TRUE BLADES if ya like.:)Roll on 5th August.UTCB

Welln Rod you know as much as anyone does about transfer fees as I do based on that but when someone says 'think Liverpool' did you really expect signings from a division below to attempt to get us into the division above?

Of course not but that wouldn't suit your agenda would it?

As for 'the rounded poster' comment I suggest you look in the mirrr to see the one who can't contemplate, or tolerate, criticism of your Messiah.

As for giving credit where it's due I have done, to CW, who has worked miracles for SUFC.

I know you created the KingKev soubriquet to wind up me, amongst others.

Have you ever considered that some of my posts regarding McC might be founded on the same basis?

SBT's post, like many of mine, praises CW and the job he has done so far.

The difference between him and me is that I think CW has done it in spite of, not because of, the owner.

seanbeanstattoo
26-07-2017, 01:38 PM
One thing I hope we can all agree on is the level of debate has immeasurably improved exponentially to the absence of pigs with the exception of Les.

tomytony
26-07-2017, 01:58 PM
One thing I hope we can all agree on is the level of debate has immeasurably improved exponentially to the absence of pigs with the exception of Les.

Too true SBT, although some might just be posting tongue in cheek. :)

seanbeanstattoo
26-07-2017, 02:21 PM
If so it's still a huge improvement on pig tongue up mod ringpiece !

RavBlade
26-07-2017, 02:24 PM
some people getting worried by our lack of championship signings. Fully understood. Let's see how we get on in the first part of the season before the frustration is justified. Hope it doesn't even come to that.

I for one don't give a monkeys chuff where we get players from now. Whether it be La Liga or Rotherham Sunday league. I'm just glad Tufty knows the kind of players HE wants, and doesn't 'spunk' money away on journeymen like we've done in the past.

rodcurrie
26-07-2017, 02:55 PM
If so it's still a huge improvement on pig tongue up mod ringpiece !It would improve further on here if the Mods would ban any bad words towards King Kev and the Prince tho Beany.Certain posters wunt bother postin then and that would be a shame,so i spose it's swings and roundabouts.UTCB

seanbeanstattoo
26-07-2017, 03:23 PM
It would improve further on here if the Mods would ban any bad words towards King Kev and the Prince tho Beany.Certain posters wunt bother postin then and that would be a shame,so i spose it's swings and roundabouts.UTCB

With genuine respect rod that is neither democracy or justified. McCabe is the reason we were 6 years in the pub league,Wilder the reason we aren't. McCabe has the opportunity to lead us on a continued upward path. The decisions he makes this season over budget on incoming and not selling outgoing talent for less than Southampton levels will genuinely show whether he is fit for purpose or not. The jury is out,but I commend what has happened so far.

Holden_C
26-07-2017, 03:25 PM
It would improve further on here if the Mods would ban any bad words towards King Kev and the Prince tho Beany.Certain posters wunt bother postin then and that would be a shame,so i spose it's swings and roundabouts.UTCB

You missed out a dig at TT Rod.

No need to thank me.

rodcurrie
26-07-2017, 03:27 PM
With genuine respect rod that is neither democracy or justified. McCabe is the reason we were 6 years in the pub league,Wilder the reason we aren't. McCabe has the opportunity to lead us on a continued upward path. The decisions he makes this season over budget on incoming and not selling outgoing talent for less than Southampton levels will genuinely show whether he is fit for purpose or not. The jury is out,but I commend what has happened so far.With genuine respect straight back at thi,SHURRUP Beany.:) Who's this TTdig ya speak of Marvin? UTCB

seanbeanstattoo
26-07-2017, 03:31 PM
With genuine respect straight back at thi,SHURRUP Beany.:) Who's this TTdig ya speak of Marvin? UTCB

So McCabe has nothing to do with 6 years in the wilderness rod? Always thought the buck stopped at the gaffer mate.

Holden_C
26-07-2017, 03:35 PM
So McCabe has nothing to do with 6 years in the wilderness rod? Always thought the buck stopped at the gaffer mate.

King Arthur never took any blame.........

BlockD
26-07-2017, 03:36 PM
King Arthur never took any blame.........

Never mind the ballots

rodcurrie
26-07-2017, 03:36 PM
So McCabe has nothing to do with 6 years in the wilderness rod? Always thought the buck stopped at the gaffer mate. I thought i'd said SHURRUP,anyways it weren't all bad were it? Wembley and t'other cup semi.That's history nar,move on and cheer the lads on,is what i'll be doin. UTCB

seanbeanstattoo
26-07-2017, 03:44 PM
I thought i'd said SHURRUP,anyways it weren't all bad were it? Wembley and t'other cup semi.That's history nar,move on and cheer the lads on,is what i'll be doin. UTCB

Think I've made it clear that's what I'll be doing rod.
Dosen't change history though mate.

tomytony
26-07-2017, 03:52 PM
I thought i'd said SHURRUP,anyways it weren't all bad were it? Wembley and t'other cup semi.That's history nar,move on and cheer the lads on,is what i'll be doin. UTCB

"So McCabe has nothing to do with 6 years in the wilderness rod? Always thought the buck stopped at the gaffer mate."

Oh dear, your newly recruited 'ally' tells the truth, the same truth as I have been telling for years and, lo and behold, SHURRUP is the reasoned response.

'When it suits your agenda' can also bite you n the bum. SBT's reply suited you earlier in the thread but, now he spells out the reality, it doesn't.

Tied in knots and all your own work :)

tomytony
26-07-2017, 04:02 PM
You missed out a dig at TT Rod.

No need to thank me.

You think Rod's first sentence was posted in jest HC?.

He's trying to create his own version of NKT here on TRUEBLADES MAD.

GrayBlade
26-07-2017, 04:13 PM

We certainly can, the air is noticeably fresher already, like a mountain stream as opposed to a **** covered farmyard.

rodcurrie
26-07-2017, 05:22 PM
"So McCabe has nothing to do with 6 years in the wilderness rod? Always thought the buck stopped at the gaffer mate."

Oh dear, your newly recruited 'ally' tells the truth, the same truth as I have been telling for years and, lo and behold, SHURRUP is the reasoned response.

'When it suits your agenda' can also bite you n the bum. SBT's reply suited you earlier in the thread but, now he spells out the reality, it doesn't.

Tied in knots and all your own work :)Oh dearie me Mr Grumpy,chill owd lad,life's too short to carry all your bitterness.Tied in knots?:) King Arthur's sword, Excalibur wasn't it? Ballots to you as well Mr modblock.:)Hey up looks like Mr Grumpy's back. UTCB

tomytony
26-07-2017, 05:37 PM
Oh dearie me Mr Grumpy,chill owd lad,life's too short to carry all your bitterness.Tied in knots?:) King Arthur's sword, Excalibur wasn't it? Ballots to you as well Mr modblock.:) UTCB

"Chill, Grumpy, life's too short"

Surprsed you didn't use the 'banter' line as well.

Boxed into a corner by your own actions so no meaningful response, no reasoned debate just a little deflection tactic.

Just like a plastic bag -see through............... and seen through. :)

GrayBlade
26-07-2017, 05:38 PM
I wish you two would just get a room and make up.

rodcurrie
26-07-2017, 05:50 PM
I wish you two would just get a room and make up.The thing is Gray if i dint reply then Mr Grumpy would be claimin victory,but i spose he does that anyway.:)KING KEV& WILDERS TRUE BLADES.UTCB

tomytony
26-07-2017, 05:52 PM
I wish you two would just get a room and make up.

Sleeping with the enemy- classic guerilla tactics and am I dealing with one :)

No thanks I'll leave Rod to continue his chivalrous defence ( pursuit?) of Aya.

Seriously though GB, whenever Rod finds it not going his way the reversion to 'banter, chill and grumpy' is as predictable as his KingKev wind ups

tomytony
26-07-2017, 05:54 PM
The thing is Gray if i dint reply then Mr Grumpy would be claimin victory,but i spose he does that anyway.:)KING KEV& WILDERS TRUE BLADES.UTCB

Just responding is not the same as a meaningful response that answers the points made.

Bloody hell, how long can the capital letter self acclamation sign off get.

rodcurrie
26-07-2017, 05:56 PM
Sleeping with the enemy- classic guerilla tactics and am I dealing with one :)

No thanks I'll leave Rod to continue his chivalrous defence ( pursuit?) of Aya.

Seriously though GB, whenever Rod finds it not going his way the reversion to 'banter, chill and grumpy' is as predictable as his KingKev wind upsI spose your gunna say your posts aren't predictable then TT eh? 95% have summat abart King Kev in,chill fella.OOPs just seen Yorks are strugglin abit 27-2,lyth gets a quack,perhaps that's why Mr Grumpy's in such a bad mood.UTCB

rodcurrie
26-07-2017, 05:57 PM
Roll on 5th August,and we can concentrate on our lads doin the business. UTCB

tomytony
26-07-2017, 06:01 PM
I spose your gunna say your posts aren't predictable then TT eh? 95% have summat abart King Kev in,chill fella.OOPs just seen Yorks are strugglin abit 27-2,lyth gets a quack,perhaps that's why Mr Grumpy's in such a bad mood.UTCB

Predictable but with facts and replies to other posts yes.

Predictable with no real response but an attempt to decry the poster yes, that's your very predictable style Rod.

tomytony
26-07-2017, 06:02 PM

And if they don't you'll still be clapping like a seal and cuddling up to KK

rodcurrie
26-07-2017, 06:05 PM
And if they don't you'll still be clapping like a seal and cuddling up to KKYou seem quite vexed,i think i'm gunna call it a night,take care,i'll si thi.UTCB

tomytony
26-07-2017, 06:07 PM
You seem quite vexed,i think i'm gunna call it a night,take care,i'll si thi.UTCB

Not at all, just something to do between balls. :)

charliejoejohn2
26-07-2017, 06:11 PM
I'm quite happy with what's happened up to now. No need to spend loads of loot!!!

bulmer1889
26-07-2017, 06:19 PM

I agree I find it so much easier on the eye reading pages of blades tit for tatting with each other than blades and pigs :rolleyes:

RavBlade
26-07-2017, 06:22 PM
I'm quite happy with what's happened up to now. No need to spend loads of loot!!!

Agree CJJ. Some aren't happy though unless we're 'spunking' money away.

RavBlade
26-07-2017, 06:22 PM
I agree I find it so much easier on the eye reading pages of blades tit for tatting with each other than blades and pigs :rolleyes:

Nowt wrong with a bit of tit Bully :P

GrayBlade
26-07-2017, 06:30 PM
Nowt wrong with a bit of tit Bully :P

Not too fussed abahht tats on tits personally though Rav.

FatherKnowsBest
26-07-2017, 06:50 PM

We might squabble over the detail, but we're all Unitedites and all want the same thing, success for our club...or at the very least, not abject failure...

Holden_C
26-07-2017, 07:08 PM
You think Rod's first sentence was posted in jest HC?.

He's trying to create his own version of NKT here on TRUEBLADES MAD.

Apologies, Rod doesn't generally do subtle so I missed it.

tomytony
26-07-2017, 07:28 PM
Apologies, Rod doesn't generally do subtle so I missed it.

:)

RavBlade
26-07-2017, 07:30 PM
Not too fussed abahht tats on tits personally though Rav.

Depends who the the tits with the tatts belong to G :P

WAWAW
26-07-2017, 10:16 PM
We still here mi owd beano.

BlockD
26-07-2017, 10:19 PM

The price you pay for finishing as Champions Rod,season is done on time,but it does mean a long close season,seems ages since the joyful scenes v Chesterfield at a packed Bramall Lane

tomytony
26-07-2017, 10:59 PM
The price you pay for finishing as Champions Rod,season is done on time,but it does mean a long close season,seems ages since the joyful scenes v Chesterfield at a packed Bramall Lane

Let's hope it's an even longer gap next year.

rodcurrie
27-07-2017, 06:56 AM
The price you pay for finishing as Champions Rod,season is done on time,but it does mean a long close season,seems ages since the joyful scenes v Chesterfield at a packed Bramall LaneThat's true Blockers but we dint want another play off campaign did we? That said i'd luv to be involved in't play offs this season,how do other BLADES think abart bein involved in the play offs this season? UTCB

tomytony
27-07-2017, 09:27 AM
That's true Blockers but we dint want another play off campaign did we? That said i'd luv to be involved in't play offs this season,how do other BLADES think abart bein involved in the play offs this season? UTCB

Surely we'll go straight up when the PROMISED investment kicks in? :)

Or are you doubting McC's word?