PDA

View Full Version : Main Rivals

LSArab
25-07-2017, 10:36 PM
It's only the league cup but think it shows a lot as to where our main rivals are

Falkirk are looking strong and they are going to up there

Icey tea not there yet and maybe like us last year they are not going to adjust in time to drop down

Livingston are looking dangerous and Dunfermline possible they will be up near top

St Mirren have been poor - contrary to think Ross would build decent team for this year

Main thing is we are looking in good shape - roll on the Fun

With the McDonald signing I'm thinking we'll get title. Be good to supplement him with target man.

Going to be tough season - I'm thinking Falkirk firmly as our main rivals but we can take them

Chick A Saw
25-07-2017, 10:56 PM
It's only the league cup but think it shows a lot as to where our main rivals are

Falkirk are looking strong and they are going to up there

Icey tea not there yet and maybe like us last year they are not going to adjust in time to drop down

Livingston are looking dangerous and Dunfermline possible they will be up near top

St Mirren have been poor - contrary to think Ross would build decent team for this year

Main thing is we are looking in good shape - roll on the Fun

With the McDonald signing I'm thinking we'll get title. Be good to supplement him with target man.

Going to be tough season - I'm thinking Falkirk firmly as our main rivals but we can take them

I dont think anything can be taken from these groups. For our group, i think them are the only rivals, although i did expect a banana skin from Raith.

Falkirk are in quite an easy group but i do expect them to be our closest rivals.

Dunfermline improved throughout last season and could win their group and sneak a playoff place in the league.

But i cant believe St Mirren and ICT are as bad as their cup campaigns tell us and expect them, QotS and Morton to take up the remaining playoff place.

Giant_Jouster
26-07-2017, 12:54 AM
We need to respect everyone, fear no one & be United. Do that and we win the league.

RAM1971
26-07-2017, 06:17 AM
We need to respect everyone, fear no one & be United. Do that and we win the league.

The Extremely Large Underscore Combative Person tenders timely, wise and very positive words.

offshore_arab83
26-07-2017, 06:26 AM
I dont think anything can be taken from these groups. For our group, i think them are the only rivals, although i did expect a banana skin from Raith.

Falkirk are in quite an easy group but i do expect them to be our closest rivals.

Dunfermline improved throughout last season and could win their group and sneak a playoff place in the league.

But i cant believe St Mirren and ICT are as bad as their cup campaigns tell us and expect them, QotS and Morton to take up the remaining playoff place.

Bang on

offshore_arab83
26-07-2017, 06:27 AM
Im surprised at the amount of people who actually think Livingston will do something this season :?

Livingston ffs

NOSCOTCAPS
26-07-2017, 07:20 AM
As far as I am concerned and alluded to above, everyone in this league is our main rival. Proved last season that the so called smaller teams proved a massive thorn in our side, Dumbarton, Ayr etc, this cost us at least 2nd place. There will always be one rank outsider, I think Morton last year it was, that will 'p*ss on our chips.' Therefore positive attcking play in every league game and play what you like in the cup competitions!

TerryTheTerror
26-07-2017, 09:20 AM
I think Falkirk will be strong this season.

Arab59
26-07-2017, 09:52 AM
Think we have to respect all team if we do that we'll do well

tHeArAb
26-07-2017, 11:03 AM
We do, but main rivals? Falkirk for me. Without question. Inverness will be there or thereabouts.There will be one more outsider, akin to Raith & Morton of previous years. I'm going for Dunfermline. I think St. Mirren will be mid table. They've filled their team with kids and lower league players which won't do them any favours imo.

huntedbyafreak
26-07-2017, 11:35 AM
Falkirk

arab81
26-07-2017, 11:56 AM
I can see Houston leaving possibly as early as before xmas to boss hearts, cathro looks like a disaster.

offshore_arab83
26-07-2017, 11:59 AM
I can see Houston leaving possibly as early as before xmas to boss hearts, cathro looks like a disaster.

Aye defo, Cathro isnt liked by the majority of Jambos as it is, last nights another sore point, if they dont start the season well he's a cert for first casualty

SmedDUm
26-07-2017, 12:01 PM
Main rivals?
Falkirk, ICT, St Mirren are all 5/1 bookies' 2nd favourites for the league & aren't often wrong.
Pars tipped to be 5th place @ 10/1.

One home defeat all season but travel sickness cost us dearly.

huntedbyafreak
26-07-2017, 12:07 PM
Aye defo, Cathro isnt liked by the majority of Jambos as it is, last nights another sore point, if they dont start the season well he's a cert for first casualty

He's definitely at risk but I reckon the Sevco boy will be first for the chop if he starts the season poorly

offshore_arab83
26-07-2017, 01:26 PM
He's definitely at risk but I reckon the Sevco boy will be first for the chop if he starts the season poorly

Aye hes a bit of a nutcase can see him going all to f uck

JoePearson
26-07-2017, 01:50 PM
Falkirk for sure. Best Manager in the league IMHO.

Jim_Jam
27-07-2017, 12:48 AM
Falkirk will yet again be strong I think but a few others are improving.
St Mirren is about to bounce back having had a very poor season and Dunfermline is not going to be as bad as they have been.
Morton and QOS will be difficult but similar to last time.
Brechin and Dumbarton will be the whipping boys.
ICT hopefully will do a St Mirren and Livingston will probably be fncking annoying and beat us twice at their Tony Macaroni Arena.

SmedDUm
27-07-2017, 06:06 AM
Falkirk will yet again be strong I think but a few others are improving.
St Mirren is about to bounce back having had a very poor season and Dunfermline is not going to be as bad as they have been.
Morton and QOS will be difficult but similar to last time.
Brechin and Dumbarton will be the whipping boys.
ICT hopefully will do a St Mirren and Livingston will probably be fncking annoying and beat us twice at their Tony Macaroni Arena.

I digress but what fine marketing strategy.
Not Almondvale nor the Energy Assets Stadium but a comical name for a restaurant chain is being recited in football chat.
Energy Assets doesn't stick (Ross County plays at the Global Energy Stadium and that's forgettable too) but Tony Macaroni has pasta power.
Any chance of Tannadice being renamed the McDonald Stadium now?
Up the road could be 'Wullie's Burger Van Parked in a Layby Near the West Kingsway Stadium'.

Jim_Jam
27-07-2017, 10:05 PM
Any chance of Tannadice being renamed the McDonald Stadium now?
Up the road could be 'Wullie's Burger Van Parked in a Layby Near the West Kingsway Stadium'.[/QUOTE]

Dens could be "Buns R us"

GUNBOAT
27-07-2017, 10:45 PM
I agree with Falkirk but looking at last season's League Cup group's Peterhead beat the Dees and followed that up with relegation!,as they say,"Football its a FUNny auld game eh?."

LSArab
28-07-2017, 08:51 PM
Im surprised at the amount of people who actually think Livingston will do something this season :?

Livingston ffs

They won league below by country mile. Winning is a good habit and they seem to be keeping momentum going forward this season.

I think they will be in top 5 at least

shedboy71
28-07-2017, 11:20 PM
Falkirk mid table in my view. Why everyone think they will challenge???? Livi top 4 along with dunfermline and st mirren. Most of aforementioned teams dont have a goalscorer of 15-20. Hoping we now do.

ahlltanyirhide
29-07-2017, 12:56 AM
They won league below by country mile. Winning is a good habit and they seem to be keeping momentum going forward this season.

I think they will be in top 5 at least

Yeah, top 5 at least, and let's not forget they have won more major honours in the past 40 odd years than a lot of 'bigger' clubs :D

FTD4life

RAM1971
29-07-2017, 08:08 AM
Yeah, top 5 at least, and let's not forget they have won more major honours in the past 40 odd years than a lot of 'bigger' clubs :D

FTD4life

For example:

Dundee FC.

Scottish League Cup - Winners 1973-74 (50+ years. Ineligible)

The Fizzy - Winners 1990-91 and 2009-10.

Livingston FC.

Scottish League Cup winners 2003-4

The Fizzy - 2014-15.

Over the last 50 years (Livingston only became Livingston FC in 1995) Dundee have won the Fizzy twice. Livingston have won the League Cup and a Fizzy triumph. Livi are ahead on the criteria given. I'm hearing that as a result of the renovations at Dens the Trophy Room will be done away with (space required for storage of vermin control materials) and the League Cup will be joining the Scottish Cup in the Antiques Cupboard? Perhaps someone can confirm or shed further light?

Arabdownsouth
29-07-2017, 11:09 AM
For example:

Dundee FC.

Scottish League Cup - Winners 1973-74 (50+ years. Ineligible)

The Fizzy - Winners 1990-91 and 2009-10.

Livingston FC.

Scottish League Cup winners 2003-4

The Fizzy - 2014-15.

Over the last 50 years (Livingston only became Livingston FC in 1995) Dundee have won the Fizzy twice. Livingston have won the League Cup and a Fizzy triumph. Livi are ahead on the criteria given. I'm hearing that as a result of the renovations at Dens the Trophy Room will be done away with (space required for storage of vermin control materials) and the League Cup will be joining the Scottish Cup in the Antiques Cupboard? Perhaps someone can confirm or shed further light?

I think you may want to check some of your facts and figures there Ram old boy, just saying

shedka
29-07-2017, 11:20 AM
Why what else have they won in the last 50 years?

Arabdownsouth
29-07-2017, 11:42 AM
Why what else have they won in the last 50 years?

It's just not very accurate is all. Unless I'm a lot older than I thought it's not 50+ years since 1973. Also Livi didn't win the championship in 2014/2015

shedka
29-07-2017, 12:01 PM
It's not, it's 44 years but they won nothing in the ten years prior so what was listed is still what they've won in 50+ years

shedka
29-07-2017, 12:02 PM
Hearts won the championship, Livi won the challenge cup, which is what ram is meaning by the fizzy

Arabdownsouth
29-07-2017, 12:17 PM
Hearts won the championship, Livi won the challenge cup, which is what ram is meaning by the fizzy

Just could have been explained a little clearer is all but no worries

shedka
29-07-2017, 12:42 PM
True but it is ram lol

The main point is, the Livi lions as well as the likes of County have achieved more in the last few decades, add in Inverness, three clubs who only joined the league system in the mid 90's

LSArab
29-07-2017, 01:28 PM
Couldn't see Edinburgh city doing that in next 20 years. East Kilbride maybe when /if they come up in next few years could be top flight side

Though we are the holders don't think the fizzy really counts!!!

RAM1971
29-07-2017, 01:51 PM
It's just not very accurate is all. Unless I'm a lot older than I thought it's not 50+ years since 1973. Also Livi didn't win the championship in 2014/2015

Middle Eastern Polar Opposite of North, you are indeed right. I have confused my 40s and 50s. As another has pointed out I was referring to Livi winning 'The Fizzy' not the Championship in 2014-15.

My apologies for my mistake, but since you made one also, we'll call it a draw.

RAM1971
29-07-2017, 01:53 PM
Couldn't see Edinburgh city doing that in next 20 years. East Kilbride maybe when /if they come up in next few years could be top flight side

Though we are the holders don't think the fizzy really counts!!!

W H A T !!! The FIZZY Doesn't Count !!!

Wait a minute.....you're a Shed NOT a Dee???

LSArab
29-07-2017, 04:33 PM
Our ambitions have got to be a lot higher than the fizzy!!!!

St Mirren and Morton seemed to be back to form today.

Dunfermline definitely decent now.

The BBC website had them winning on penalties 3-3!!!!

If only everything in life was as reliable as mistakes on BBC website

RAM1971
29-07-2017, 05:42 PM
Our ambitions have got to be a lot higher than the fizzy!!!!

St Mirren and Morton seemed to be back to form today.

Dunfermline definitely decent now.

The BBC website had them winning on penalties 3-3!!!!

If only everything in life was as reliable as mistakes on BBC website

At the moment our realistic ambitions are The Championship (promotion) and The Fizzy. That'll do me for this season.

stokearab
29-07-2017, 11:54 PM
Terrible thread but will take my own advice and avoid it from now on.

RAM1971
30-07-2017, 08:18 AM
Our recent history makes the 'shoots' of recovery a most welcome sight!