PDA

View Full Version : Five strikers

sherwoodmag
26-07-2017, 12:57 PM
Said to be on Rafas short list if you can believe the local press.
Bas Dost,Batshuayi (loan) Josh King,Islam Slimani,Mattia Destro.
If true I would like to see Bas Dost in a Toon shirt.

Jammy89
26-07-2017, 01:06 PM
Aye he would be good but wouldn't he cost like £30 million? Why is he allowed to leave on loan?

I've always favoured a move for Batshuyai.

sherwoodmag
26-07-2017, 01:15 PM
Aye he would be good but wouldn't he cost like £30 million? Why is he allowed to leave on loan?

I've always favoured a move for Batshuyai. It's speculation about Batshuyai because Chelsea have signed Morata.

HertfordshireGeordie
26-07-2017, 10:27 PM
Batshuyai would easily be the best signing of the window.

Nufc24Mag
26-07-2017, 10:42 PM
Batshuyai would easily be the best signing of the window.

I still think we need a really good number 10 before any striker

Jammy89
27-07-2017, 09:27 AM
I still think we need a really good number 10 before any striker

If he can stay fit and its a massive if De Jong would be perfect for that role.

Coining a clichéd phrase - like a new signing.

ex_pat_magpie
27-07-2017, 09:29 AM
If he can stay fit and its a massive if De Jong would be perfect for that role.

Coining a clichéd phrase - like a new signing.

Totally agree Jammy. This season his fitness and stamina could both make the team and make his career.

pboromag
27-07-2017, 07:25 PM
his fitness and stamina ??

explain

he played 10 games last season

i think he has played less than that for us in 4 seasons i think

he looks phucked in training

there is know way what so ever he will be fit for 10-15 games next season
so why buy a striker thinking he can be a number 10 for a quarter of the games

Jammy89
27-07-2017, 07:49 PM
his fitness and stamina ??

explain

It's how fit a player is and how much he can play in game/season

he played 10 games last season Bit of a mistake here. He started 10 games for PSV and did another 9 off the bench. He also started another 2 games for Ajax - obviously the Ajax loan was when he was coming back from injury so played mostly in the reserves.

i think he has played less than that for us in 4 seasons i think
Also wrong he's done 22 games for us in total (including off the bench) for us. So slightly over the 21 games he played on loan.

he looks phucked in training
I'd disagree, think he looks the fittest we've seen him but each to their own.

there is know way what so ever he will be fit for 10-15 games next season
so why buy a striker thinking he can be a number 10 for a quarter of the games

I disagree again, think he will be fit as Rafa will use him properly rather than just trying to get him back as soon as possible. We need another striker because we currently only have 2 (3 if you count Perez but it seems Rafa counts him in number 10 role).

Southerntoon75
27-07-2017, 08:03 PM
It's how fit a player is and how much he can play in game/season

Bit of a mistake here. He started 10 games for PSV and did another 9 off the bench. He also started another 2 games for Ajax - obviously the Ajax loan was when he was coming back from injury so played mostly in the reserves.

Also wrong he's done 22 games for us in total (including off the bench) for us. So slightly over the 21 games he played on loan.

I disagree again, think he will be fit as Rafa will use him properly rather than just trying to get him back as soon as possible. We need another striker because we currently only have 2 (3 if you count Perez but it seems Rafa counts him in number 10 role).

I reckon if he stays fit and gets his form back he could end being ***** for us. Could go pear shaped but Rafa sees more of him than we do

zoggs
27-07-2017, 09:14 PM
I think that Slimani could be a seriously good signing for us. Him Gray or Michy ( dreaming there like ) but I'd be well happy with any of them ..( feel bad on Gayle saying this mind XD )

Will we make a "marquee" signing? ??

pboromag
28-07-2017, 03:57 AM
it's how fit a player is and how much he can play in game/season

bit of a mistake here. He started 10 games for psv and did another 9 off the bench. He also started another 2 games for ajax - obviously the ajax loan was when he was coming back from injury so played mostly in the reserves.

I disagree again, think he will be fit as rafa will use him properly rather than just trying to get him back as soon as possible. We need another striker because we currently only have 2 (3 if you count perez but it seems rafa counts him in number 10 role).

he still isnt playing enough games is he starting just 10 games last season tells me 2 things
he aint fit
and he aint good enough

Jammy89
28-07-2017, 07:59 PM
He was coming back from an injury so didn't get played in the first part of the season, then in the 2nd part of the season he played in 19 of the available 20 games (including cup) and started 10 which is 50% - that isn't to bad.

Suggests to me a player coming back to fitness, as i said he's also looked decent to me in what i've seen of him in the friendlies.

I also think he is good enough but we know we won't agree on that XD