PDA

View Full Version : this season

_JohnGotti_
26-07-2017, 02:16 PM
seems a good few ppl have carried out their threat of not buying season tickets due to cost, rearranged gemmes and some horrific performances last year.
need some good pay at the gate numbers

GB72
26-07-2017, 03:08 PM
seems a good few ppl have carried out their threat of not buying season tickets due to cost, rearranged gemmes and some horrific performances last year.
need some good pay at the gate numbers

At 24quid for an adult i doubt it

_JohnGotti_
26-07-2017, 03:09 PM
At 24quid for an adult i doubt it

for all games ?

GB72
26-07-2017, 04:25 PM
for all games ?

1st game is 24quid

ProvieRd
26-07-2017, 04:38 PM
Last season put a lot of people off. Moving days and kick off times don't make it good value now

jdfc
26-07-2017, 04:51 PM
Just over 3500 sold, bit of a statement

shaded
26-07-2017, 06:00 PM
so i take it is £24 for a cat b game?
some people seem intent on chasing the paying punter away!

last saturday for example and we are playing buckie with an attendance of just over 3000 and its tkt only in 2 of the 3 ends,the cash turnstile at the main stand was around 80 /100 people long absolutely mind boggling!

stupid stupid decisions/protocol/sheer stubborness delete as appropriate

GB72
26-07-2017, 06:20 PM
so i take it is £24 for a cat b game?
some people seem intent on chasing the paying punter away!

last saturday for example and we are playing buckie with an attendance of just over 3000 and its tkt only in 2 of the 3 ends,the cash turnstile at the main stand was around 80 /100 people long absolutely mind boggling!

stupid stupid decisions/protocol/sheer stubborness delete as appropriate

Dont know whether to laugh or cry

Tickets for Buckie Thistle :)

good luck trying to sell 24 quid tixs especially in winter

Deeranged
26-07-2017, 06:27 PM
Ticketing policy and pricing at Dens are both laughable. O:)

shaded
26-07-2017, 06:51 PM
Ticketing policy and pricing at Dens are both laughable. O:)
so did the BOD just dismiss any fans reps concerns deeranged?

Returnofrros
26-07-2017, 08:06 PM

On Pravda, me, Mr sensible and valleyboy were cracking up aboot the season ticket hike and ridiculous ticketing arrangements for run of the mill games.

We were shouted Doon for being drama queens.....i just had a peak on Pravda and there's certainly a few squealers now aboot ticket sales.

Moral of the story is wait a couple of years and Pravda come roond to my, Mr sensible and 18 point warning valleyboys thinking.

Deeranged
26-07-2017, 08:07 PM

You're a clever guy Shaded. I'll let you draw conclusions.

Bottom line trumps bums on seats.

I have to agree with the theory behind all ticket as all the cash handling is in one secure location and it reduces potential for any funny play; also gives multiple payment methods so increases customer choice. But for Buckie fkn Thistle???????

GB72
26-07-2017, 08:20 PM
You're a clever guy Shaded. I'll let you draw conclusions.

Bottom line trumps bums on seats.

I have to agree with the theory behind all ticket as all the cash handling is in one secure location and it reduces potential for any funny play; also gives multiple payment methods so increases customer choice. But for Buckie fkn Thistle???????

Deeranged we have had our discussions on this before, so wont dredge up old arguements...

But the Cox will probably have a 1000 empty seats at most games this season...

The queuing for tixs is an utter shambles at the shop before ko...

Its definitely costing us fans...

Deeranged
26-07-2017, 08:27 PM
Deeranged we have had our discussions on this before, so wont dredge up old arguements...

Agreed. I've always seen the sense in the reasons behind it (and have argued them in support of the club's policy) but believe it's used at times when common sense would dictate it's not entirely necessary.

Returnofrros
26-07-2017, 08:41 PM
Joined queue with my dad for cox, half way down queue jdfc said to me its ticket only, left queue to then see if you cud pay cash in main stand, walked past 5 or 6 stewards.

Seen most people had notes In hand for main stand so joined queue with around 100 in it. Looked like only one turnstyle.

After 5 mins in queue steward walks up sandeman street shouting that there's a cash gate in the cox, didn't say where.

Stayed in queue and got to turnstyle which actually had two gates open but two stewards leaning against wall were allowing people walking up sandeman st to queue from btm.

So one style had aboot ten in queue and other had aboot 100.

Shambolic but expect nothing less.

Missed first Fe mins despite getting there between twenty and quarter to 3.

shaded
26-07-2017, 09:01 PM
enuff to make people just go hame or the pub mate and dina start me on the street parking,the whole o sandeman st /tanni st coned aff,i ken thats the coonil but sure the club could make a point for the fans,yet we allow the dabs to park ahind the coxy and shank stands(that may have stopped however it was happening)

GB72
26-07-2017, 09:12 PM
Agreed. I've always seen the sense in the reasons behind it (and have argued them in support of the club's policy) but believe it's used at times when common sense would dictate it's not entirely necessary.

Agree with you with regards to club wanting as much money passed through the shop rather than turnstyle operators hands...

But the club needs to realise that it needs to do everyting in its power to attract fans to Dens.

The tired old excuses about leaving pub 15 mins early or going to Dens midweek to get ticket doesnt wash anymore....

Theres hundreds of 50-50 fans out there and the club shouldnt be putting up obstacles to getting into see Buckie Thistle or even Ross Co or fans will just give it a miss

Season tixs sales should be a wake up call

shaded
26-07-2017, 09:36 PM
it should be but it wont,they seem hell bent on making the matchday experience as difficult as possible from tickets to the derry sanitisation

Taintedice
26-07-2017, 09:41 PM
At 24quid for an adult i doubt itconfirmed where, by who? Season tickets will suffer due to less Cat A games, folk will do the math and decide not to bother. It's a gamble to increase walk-up price but Nelms and Keyes are investing sh1t loads so no complaints about personnel, surely

deetox
26-07-2017, 10:09 PM
Nelms and Keyes are investing sh1t loads so no complaints about personnel, surely

Oh Ma Sides :D:D:D:D

GB72
26-07-2017, 10:36 PM
confirmed where, by who? Season tickets will suffer due to less Cat A games, folk will do the math and decide not to bother. It's a gamble to increase walk-up price but Nelms and Keyes are investing sh1t loads so no complaints about personnel, surely

On official website

If you want to buy a ticket for County game

Taintedice
26-07-2017, 11:38 PM
On official website

If you want to buy a ticket for County gamedoes that include fees and postage? This is a new season, come on to phukk

Taintedice
26-07-2017, 11:39 PM
Oh Ma Sides :D:D:D:Dany chance of a buy-in??

Shuntz
27-07-2017, 06:24 AM
I know a few guys who have not a will not renew at this late stage

It's not just Dundee but football is so poor that any price over say 200 is difficult to justify.

I renewed again but the late change of the Killie fixture last Feb 8 days before game meant that I could not attend at such short notice - the club did not even have the excuse that it was moved for TV. - I said at the time that I would not renew but hey ho

Once you add on Sat and Sun lunchtime kickoff bigot fests that I mostly also can't make then this makes it so difficult to justifya season ticket with 3-5 games you can't go to before a ball is kicked

More a donation these days

On another point -fans will buy a walk up match ticket only once as who ever decided our entrance policy has made it akin to one of the 7 tasks of Hercules

jdfc
27-07-2017, 09:10 AM

It's not just Dundee but football is so poor that any price over say 200 is difficult to justify.

I renewed again but the late change of the Killie fixture last Feb 8 days before game meant that I could not attend at such short notice - the club did not even have the excuse that it was moved for TV. - I said at the time that I would not renew but hey ho

Once you add on Sat and Sun lunchtime kickoff bigot fests that I mostly also can't make then this makes it so difficult to justifya season ticket with 3-5 games you can't go to before a ball is kicked

On another point -fans will buy a walk up match ticket only once as who ever decided our entrance policy has made it akin to one of the 7 tasks of Hercules

This buy a ticket nonsense has been going on for a couple of seasons now, plenty people have complained, but it's fell on deaf ears, even our "voice on the board" agreed with it, like you I have a season ticket so ain't affected by it, but obviously the crowds we get are affected by it,
Why not have a process where, if you want a concession ticket, you purchase in advance, if not you walk up and pay full price at gate, simple, the shyte about safety of money is a smoke screen.

GB72
27-07-2017, 09:21 AM

26 quid for Cat A games

Looks like the board think its more important cashing in on old firm support than attracting more dundee fans back..

If there doing this, there as well going the whole hog and giving them more tickets cause there wont be many home patg punters especially if its on tv..,

26 quid to watch phucking hibs when its on tv :)

_JohnGotti_
27-07-2017, 09:32 AM
Am I right thinking only 1 guaranteed home gemme against the sellick and cheats this season

Verzet
27-07-2017, 09:52 AM

I have followed this argument without getting involved before but I wanted to raise an issue no one seems to have raised before. I bought a ticket for the Coxy for the Buckie Thistle game and not for the first time when there was a PATG when I got to my seat there was someone in it. Now I don't blame them because by selling tickets there is no indication the seat is reserved. They were a family of four so I just moved to another seat but then worried until kick off whether I was in someone else seat.
So my point is, if you sell tickets in the Coxy, it is logistically very difficult to then offer PATG because no one knows where to sit.

ProvieRd
27-07-2017, 09:55 AM
Isn't this a straightforward fans rep issue?

Who are the fans reps now ?

GB72
27-07-2017, 09:56 AM
I have followed this argument without getting involved before but I wanted to raise an issue no one seems to have raised before. I bought a ticket for the Coxy for the Buckie Thistle game and not for the first time when there was a PATG when I got to my seat there was someone in it. Now I don't blame them because by selling tickets there is no indication the seat is reserved. They were a family of four so I just moved to another seat but then worried until kick off whether I was in someone else seat.
So my point is, if you sell tickets in the Coxy, it is logistically very difficult to then offer PATG because no one knows where to sit.

Ask them to move would be the simple thing

All home games should be patg apart from all tix games

ProvieRd
27-07-2017, 10:05 AM
does that include fees and postage? This is a new season, come on to phukk

Including fees and postage it's £28

Returnofrros
27-07-2017, 10:22 AM

They shouldn't sell tickets......end of....or if they do just unallocated seat system.

It used to be simple, get up, tea papers, walk dog, put coupon on, go to pub, pull oot a tenner, support team and shout abuse at opposition/ref/linesmen/polis.....go to pub, go home.

Now.....they make it hard.

jdfc
27-07-2017, 11:58 AM
It's easy, hand the person a ticket as they hand over their cash at the turnstile

jdfc
27-07-2017, 11:59 AM
They shouldn't sell tickets......end of....or if they do just unallocated seat system.

It used to be simple, get up, tea papers, walk dog, put coupon on, go to pub, pull oot a tenner, support team and shout abuse at opposition/ref/linesmen/polis.....go to pub, go home.

Now.....they make it hard.
The dog felled it up for you then

Verzet
28-07-2017, 11:05 AM
It's easy, hand the person a ticket as they hand over their cash at the turnstile

At last, someone on this forum comes up with a constructive answer to a problem

deetox
28-07-2017, 11:26 AM
Suddenly there would be hundreds of concessions.

The BOD need all the pauchle they can get.

Buy a ticket, it's easy.