PDA

View Full Version : Marquee signings..?

The Bedlington Terrier
26-07-2017, 02:27 PM
Despite Alto's protestations, we all know Burnley Football Club will not be making any "big money" marquee signings anytime soon.

Word coming into my earpiece however, is that we are trying to bring in a couple of good value "out of left field" players to add to an already experienced and strong group of players.

..and the news is that it is happening soon! B)

In Dyche We Trust
26-07-2017, 02:51 PM
Charlie Adam fits the bill- he is British and over 30- Gareth Barry anyone?

sinkov
26-07-2017, 02:59 PM
Sounds good BT, and I certainly don't expect 'marquee' signings. Let's face it, we'd all like to see a solid, reliable, experienced PL centre-half replacing Keane, even me although I have no worries about Tarko, one who could hold our defence together and ensure PL survival. But if such a player was available, although we might be able to afford the transfer fee, he wouldn't sign for us, he'd be snapped up by a club with a bigger wage budget than ours. So I don't worry about it.

Norder
26-07-2017, 03:54 PM

.....all this talk of PL experience is very pleasing on the ear - I guess you can learn a lot from the bench, which it seems, is where it'd be sat if hadn't come Burnley.

On the field passing the ball around...all very neat and leisurly - until they come up against some quick thinking rocket with a pal or two to connect with....and before they know it - What just happened ?

https://ugc.kn3.net/i/origin/http://static.notinerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/142.gif

but don't worry....am sure there'll be plenty of PL crap we can compete with again.

:D;D

army88
26-07-2017, 04:06 PM
Despite Alto's protestations, we all know Burnley Football Club will not be making any "big money" marquee signings anytime soon.

Word coming into my earpiece however, is that we are trying to bring in a couple of good value "out of left field" players to add to an already experienced and strong group of players.

..and the news is that it is happening soon! B)

I don't think it's protesting Bt just realism, for me anyway I'd be looking for signings like the lad from Norwich who went to Newcastle ,Murphy I think he's called, clucas from Hull players with flair and some longevity in them.

I'm not sure everyone will be pleased if we get relegated again , the chance is here and now and they need to back Dyche and gamble a bit ( not the lot - I'm not going all out ).

Realistically Keane s money isn't even spent and last years money that was left and then the money for staying up as well , when you look at it like that it doesn't make sense does it?

We're signing I'm sure decent players but not what I would call for the future.

The Bedlington Terrier
26-07-2017, 04:09 PM
I am certain the boat will be pushed out and floated very soon but with caution and prudence, it's the Burnley way you know?

army88
26-07-2017, 07:53 PM
I am certain the boat will be pushed out and floated very soon but with caution and prudence, it's the Burnley way you know?

Does that mean potentially he could be a target Bt

The Bedlington Terrier
26-07-2017, 07:57 PM
I believe so! O:)

army88
27-07-2017, 08:17 AM
I think this would be a shrewd piece of business , because not only does he fit the criteria I mentioned
He's also someone I think Dyche would admire with his work ethic and approach to the game .
Hope it happens , best bit of business we'd do.

sinkov
27-07-2017, 09:47 AM
I believe so! O:)

That picture's got me beat, who he ?

Altobelli
27-07-2017, 10:50 AM
That picture's got me beat, who he ?

I was thinking the same Sinkov, its not Clucas is it ?

Whoever it is does it really matter with BT's statement of "Despite Alto's protestations, we all know Burnley Football Club will not be making any "big money" marquee signings anytime soon".

With the money we have earned and given by the FA to make us stronger to compete in this League I find it negative and pathetic (whatever excuses BFC come out with) that one or two "marquee" signings will not be signed.

sinkov
27-07-2017, 11:07 AM
Just googled Clucas Alto and I think you're right, must be him, or his twin brother.

oldcolner
27-07-2017, 12:37 PM
I was thinking the same Sinkov, its not Clucas is it ?

Whoever it is does it really matter with BT's statement of "Despite Alto's protestations, we all know Burnley Football Club will not be making any "big money" marquee signings anytime soon".

With the money we have earned and given by the FA to make us stronger to compete in this League I find it negative and pathetic (whatever excuses BFC come out with) that one or two "marquee" signings will not be signed.

Here's a few to choose from
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/explore/marquee-sign/

The Bedlington Terrier
27-07-2017, 03:48 PM
Just for Alto! We are bidding on the lot!

The Bedlington Terrier
27-07-2017, 03:50 PM
Just googled Clucas Alto and I think you're right, must be him, or his twin brother.

This lad would fit with us perfectly. A proper lad and a proper player. Word in the earpiece is that we are having a go...

I would love it if this one comes off! :D

Altobelli
27-07-2017, 04:26 PM
Just for Alto! We are bidding on the lot!

Now now Mr Terrier, Don't get Viggy.

The Bedlington Terrier
27-07-2017, 05:29 PM
Have it! Spend it! :D

oldcolner
27-07-2017, 06:25 PM
Is Clucas really a marquee signing. :?

Played with Darikwa at chesterfield and left for Hull for 1.5M in 2015. Played 81 games scored 9.
Current value 2.13M

Promising yes marquee no.

The Bedlington Terrier
27-07-2017, 07:52 PM
Valued at TEN ££££££million, NUFC are after him!:O

oldcolner
27-07-2017, 08:41 PM

Who by? Not Transfermarkt. Not a marquee may be a tent!

The English midfielder bagged his first-ever Premier League goal with the opener in the Tigers' 3-1 defeat at Leicester on the weekend.

It means the 26-year-old has now scored in five different divisions in five consecutive seasons - each higher than the last, culminating with his top-flight strike on Saturday.

oldcolner
27-07-2017, 08:50 PM

NUFC interest cooled says this

https://nothingbutnewcastle.com/2017/07/blogs/gallowgate-gossip/newcastle-cool-interest-in-clucas/

Another one saying £4m
Newcastle have ruled out making a move for Hull midfielder Sam Clucas, according to a reliable journalist.

The Magpies have been heavily linked with a move for the 26-year-old this summer, with the Sun claiming that the club were set to make a £4million offer.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/newcastle-rule-out-move-clucas-hull/

army88
28-07-2017, 05:59 AM
NUFC interest cooled says this

https://nothingbutnewcastle.com/2017/07/blogs/gallowgate-gossip/newcastle-cool-interest-in-clucas/

Another one saying £4m
Newcastle have ruled out making a move for Hull midfielder Sam Clucas, according to a reliable journalist.

The Magpies have been heavily linked with a move for the 26-year-old this summer, with the Sun claiming that the club were set to make a £4million offer.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/newcastle-rule-out-move-clucas-hull/

Oldcolner , give us a name then that would be marquee that's fall within our budgets, in reality for us I think a marquee signing would be 20 million plus and I can't see us doing that.

I'd take Clucas as marquee I think for now--- from what I've seen of him he's a good acquisition.

oldcolner
28-07-2017, 06:37 AM
Oldcolner , give us a name then that would be marquee that's fall within our budgets, in reality for us I think a marquee signing would be 20 million plus and I can't see us doing that.

I'd take Clucas as marquee I think for now--- from what I've seen of him he's a good acquisition.

I agree he's a good acquisition and at £4m a great buy, but he's not a household name or crowd drawer in the way say Barton was.
I'm happy not to have a marquee signing, and to grow our own or buy good value experience but others on this thread were and to suggest Clucas is one is stretching credibility.
Cork and Walters are nearer the mark for me.

The Bedlington Terrier
28-07-2017, 07:15 AM
All I have said is that Clucas is about as near to a marquee signing as we are about to get and I for one am really happy about that.

Billy Big Bollox Syndrome is the last thing we need in our squad! :(

oldcolner
28-07-2017, 07:41 AM
All I have said is that Clucas is about as near to a marquee signing as we are about to get and I for one am really happy about that.

Billy Big Bollox Syndrome is the last thing we need in our squad! :(

Cork and Walters are nearer a marquee for me. However I would be very happy to get Clucas for £4M, £10M less so!
Hull seem to having a car boot sale.

The Bedlington Terrier
28-07-2017, 07:51 AM
Cork and Walters are nearer a marquee for me. However I would be very happy to get Clucas for £4M, £10M less so!
Hull seem to having a car boot sale.

We should try and benefit (and quickly!) by buying Clucas on the cheap. Assem Allam the Hull owner is allegedly having a fire sale to try and recoup some of his reported £120 million outlay.

In Dyche We Trust
28-07-2017, 07:55 AM
Cork and Walters are far from marquee signings- Oxlade - Chamberlain would be a marquee signing.......and the nearest he will get to Turf Moor is the away team dressing room.

Altobelli
28-07-2017, 10:05 AM
Clucus would be a step in the right direction, and for me a snip at £4M.

Also Hughes who we supposedly was after a while ago would also be nice.

Midfielders we seem to have a few now, so maybe we would benefit from a winger and a goal scorer and not forgetting a CB.

army88
28-07-2017, 11:54 AM
Clucus would be a step in the right direction, and for me a snip at £4M.

Also Hughes who we supposedly was after a while ago would also be nice.

Midfielders we seem to have a few now, so maybe we would benefit from a winger and a goal scorer and not forgetting a CB.

What about Markovic who they had on loan - he looked the real deal and surplus to requirements at Liverpool as a marquee signing .

Clucas at 4-6 million is good business I think.

Altobelli
28-07-2017, 12:05 PM
Don't know much about Markovic Army.

The Bedlington Terrier
28-07-2017, 03:07 PM
Hmmmm? Nice signing would Markovic be!

The Bedlington Terrier
28-07-2017, 03:10 PM
I know we don't do "exotic" but I would love to have this lad here from Hull, Uruguayan international Abel Hernandez...

army88
28-07-2017, 05:50 PM
Don't know much about Markovic Army.

Look him up Alto he's a very nice footballer

Great balance and poise ---- pace and glides past people with ease , picks a pass as well.

Also scores a few ---- this for me anyway would be a marquee signing.

The Bedlington Terrier
28-07-2017, 06:23 PM
Me too!

Altobelli
28-07-2017, 07:10 PM
Looks good Army, only 23 and can play right or left wing and second striker, would we dare to splash the cash ?

Does Sean really not do foreigners ? Hopefully he does plus D64 might get a full game in the season ahead.

The Bedlington Terrier
28-07-2017, 07:50 PM
Unless you are an Anglo Saxon, Celt or Pict...:(

oldcolner
28-07-2017, 08:21 PM
Looks good Army, only 23 and can play right or left wing and second striker, would we dare to splash the cash ?

Does Sean really not do foreigners ? Hopefully he does plus D64 might get a full game in the season ahead.

Is this likely?

Everton are poised to offload Oumar Niasse this summer, and all of Newcastle, Burnley and Brighton are reportedly interested.

http://readeverton.com/2017/07/28/premier-league-trio-chasing-niasse/

Turfmoorspirit
28-07-2017, 08:38 PM
Is this likely?

Everton are poised to offload Oumar Niasse this summer, and all of Newcastle, Burnley and Brighton are reportedly interested.

http://readeverton.com/2017/07/28/premier-league-trio-chasing-niasse/ The problem with this one is another club is interested , so that will count us out..;D

Altobelli
28-07-2017, 10:15 PM
The problem with this one is another club is interested , so that will count us out..;D

http://i64.tinypic.com/ezefk0.jpg

The Bedlington Terrier
29-07-2017, 05:03 AM
Just being erected at Gawthorpe...

Altobelli
29-07-2017, 09:57 AM
Just being erected at Gawthorpe...

What's that for ? a P!ss up for Garlick and all the Directors all on Premier League money ?

thedonz
29-07-2017, 07:33 PM
Ward in today's telegraph saying more signings expected. He made the point that they have to be the right ones so they don't upset the dressing room spirit.
He gave the example of his old team Wolves who made the mistake, after staying up their first season , of bringing in players on much larger wages . He blames this on their subsequent relegation from the Premier League.

I suppose it's a case of being careful what you wish for.

sinkov
29-07-2017, 07:47 PM
He gave the example of his old team Wolves who made the mistake, after staying up their first season , of bringing in players on much larger wages .

I don't think we need to worry on that score, whatever mistakes we might make, that won't be one of them.

The Bedlington Terrier
29-07-2017, 08:23 PM
I don't think we need to worry on that score, whatever mistakes we might make, that won't be one of them.

..and that's gotta be right!

thedonz
29-07-2017, 10:12 PM
The club are doing very nicely with signings , but wouldn't it be good to capture someone who really whets the appetite.

Who was the last signing that did that for you?

The Bedlington Terrier
30-07-2017, 12:46 AM
Charlie Austin.

sinkov
30-07-2017, 12:48 AM
Probably Ian Wright, we don't sign many players who can put bums on seats.

Altobelli
30-07-2017, 12:51 AM

Aye Stan did well getting Ian Wright to Burnley :star:

The Bedlington Terrier
30-07-2017, 12:53 AM

The trouble now sinkov is that the likes of Wrighty now have one final payday in the MLS or China.

I just cannot see us doing what Wardy guards us against and that is blowing the squad apart with a big money, big wages signing.

sinkov
30-07-2017, 08:29 AM
The trouble now sinkov is that the likes of Wrighty now have one final payday in the MLS or China.

I just cannot see us doing what Wardy guards us against and that is blowing the squad apart with a big money, big wages signing.

True enough BT, times have changed, Rooney has 'dropped down' to Everton, but even that's a one off, you can't imagine any of today's players of Wright's stature dropping down the divisions just for the fun of it.
I agree on the wages, it's why we won't be making a marquee signing, we won't pay the wages, and quite right too, we have a budget, one that our finances can cope with, and we stick to it. And if that means we're eventually relegated that's fine by me, I'd rather we were a going concern in the Championship than follow the likes of Blackburn, Bolton and Blackpool down the Leagues.

sinkov
30-07-2017, 08:59 AM
True enough BT, times have changed, Rooney has 'dropped down' to Everton, but even that's a one off, you can't imagine any of today's players of Wright's stature dropping down the divisions just for the fun of it.

Half an hour after posting that I've just remembered John Terry has signed for Aston Villa, and I can't imagine he's done it for the money. Ah well.

oldcolner
31-07-2017, 07:35 AM
If Sam Clucas is on our wanted list it's gone awfully quiet on the jungle drums except for Newcastle saying they aren't interested. Last time we were mentioned was July 4 but Hull said a day later they had had no bids for him.
Maybe it's just his agent stirring things up.

The Bedlington Terrier
31-07-2017, 07:57 AM
He was mentioned in despatches recently at Turf Moor, I think we are in the "should we move forward on this one" stage.

We now have a full quorum who need to be in complete agreement on new acquisitions before we sign anybody and surely that is how it should be?

Altobelli
31-07-2017, 09:40 AM
He was mentioned in despatches recently at Turf Moor, I think we are in the "should we move forward on this one" stage.

We now have a full quorum who need to be in complete agreement on new acquisitions before we sign anybody and surely that is how it should be?

Got to totally disagree with you there BT, If you sit on your hands in this cut and thrust environment you will miss out, and boy do we miss out.

CaspertheClaret
31-07-2017, 09:55 AM
Who have we missed out on? - That's not a sarcy comment by the way - just interested on who the names are.

Assombalonga apart who I wasn't that arsed about anyway.

Altobelli
31-07-2017, 10:46 AM
Who have we missed out on? - That's not a sarcy comment by the way - just interested on who the names are.

Assombalonga apart who I wasn't that arsed about anyway.

We need a goal scorer, a creative midfielder, a tricky winger, a 3rd choice Keeper and a replacement for Keane who we have had enough time to replace yet haven't, hence sitting on your hands gets you nothing.

oldcolner
31-07-2017, 12:28 PM
We need a goal scorer, a creative midfielder, a tricky winger, a 3rd choice Keeper and a replacement for Keane who we have had enough time to replace yet haven't, hence sitting on your hands gets you nothing.

Are we waiting for the Sale bargain signs to go up after season starts?

CaspertheClaret
31-07-2017, 01:14 PM
I see what you are saying now Alto. I thought you meant we had actually been in for a few who had gone elsewhere.

No we do need a few in, in the positions that everyone knows.

I am delighted with Jack C, and Taylor - great signings which are team ready

Happy with Walters and Bardsley as squaddies.

Would like us to part with Andre and Defour for good money and think we definitely need something different up front.

However the names I see that are realistic and being signed by other clubs are not filling me with envy.

Still believe there is rabbits coming out of toppers soon!

But then I usually am a 3/4 full chap.

The Bedlington Terrier
31-07-2017, 02:12 PM
Got to totally disagree with you there BT, If you sit on your hands in this cut and thrust environment you will miss out, and boy do we miss out.

I am not at all certain we have missed out on any targeted players. We have a third goalkeeper identified, we still have Defour and Gray on our books so no panic there. The Recruitment Team communicate every hour on the hour and they are definitely not sitting on their hands.

If you get the chance to come to Burnley, I will do my utmost to get you one hour on the inside with Dave Baldwin. You will then be able to see first hand just how much work, thought and intelligence is going on behind the scenes at Turf Moor.

I am sure a visit and inspection will remove all doubt that our management team are sitting on their hands. :P

sinkov
31-07-2017, 02:19 PM
I still think it quite possible that Defour and Gray might be holding things up, if they go there's extra cash to spend and more freedom on the wages side. But the window is open for another month yet, anything could happen and who knows whether they're staying or going, probably neither players nor club, they're all waiting on events. And in the meantime this uncertainty creates a log jam.

The Bedlington Terrier
31-07-2017, 02:25 PM
I still think it quite possible that Defour and Gray might be holding things up, if they go there's extra cash to spend and more freedom on the wages side. But the window is open for another month yet, anything could happen and who knows whether they're staying or going, probably neither players nor club, they're all waiting on events. And in the meantime this uncertainty creates a log jam.

No log jam at Turf Moor, by my estimate we have about a spare £100 million to chuck at it! It's where to chuck it because at present the only two inbounds we really need is another keeper to replace Robinson and a like for like for Boyd.

Before anyone asks, Tarkowski replaced Keane and Anderson presently replaces Tarkowski! :D

sinkov
31-07-2017, 02:39 PM
No log jam at Turf Moor, by my estimate we have about a spare £100 million to chuck at it! It's where to chuck it because at present the only two inbounds we really need is another keeper to replace Robinson and a like for like for Boyd.

Before anyone asks, Tarkowski replaced Keane and Anderson presently replaces Tarkowski! :D

I think it might be causing a problem with the wage budget BT, that's our problem, keeping within that. Gray and Defour will be at the top end on wages, if they go it makes a difference to what we can offer incomings, and gives us more scope. If they stay then we might have less to offer others, but as it is, we just don't know. It's a balancing act, but we don't know who might be on the scales and who isn't at the moment.

I agree with you that we have no problem on the transfer fees, we could easily afford a couple of marquees, but we won't pay the wages they would demand.

Altobelli
31-07-2017, 03:05 PM
Just seen that Huddersfield's Narky Wells has not gone to Austria for their pre season tour, I do hope we are not interested.

The Bedlington Terrier
31-07-2017, 03:19 PM
Just seen that Huddersfield's Narky Wells has not gone to Austria for their pre season tour, I do hope we are not interested.

Word is we are not!

Primitive
31-07-2017, 03:22 PM
I'd rather we got Wells than Oumar ****ing Niasse.

The Bedlington Terrier
31-07-2017, 03:35 PM
What's your gripe with Niasse Prim?

Altobelli
31-07-2017, 04:23 PM
He rates him higher than Gray, which is fine as its his choice, but he's probably having a dig at me in his natural way BT.

Primitive
31-07-2017, 04:31 PM
Not a dig at anyone, paranoia seems to be creeping in. I rate Niasse much, much lower than Gray, in fact I don't rate him at all.

If we did sign him however (god forbid), he'd have my full support.

The Bedlington Terrier
31-07-2017, 05:04 PM
I really do not know on what to judge him on. The former Everton manager who now runs the Belgian national side thought he was worth an outlay of close on £20 million. Koeman seems to have taken a dislike but Niasse looked better than OK at Hull.

I dunno!

Altobelli
31-07-2017, 05:51 PM
No paranoia here lad, but I can count and you've had a sideways dig on 3 different threads in as many days now, I'm sure you'd be more at home on facebook or better still Up the Clarets.

Primitive
31-07-2017, 06:29 PM
No paranoia here lad, but I can count and you've had a sideways dig on 3 different threads in as many days now, I'm sure you'd be more at home on facebook or better still Up the Clarets.

If it's not paranoia it must be over sensitivity then because nowhere have I had a "dig" at you or anyone else. You appear to be the one who wants to make things personal, all I've done is disagreed with you on a number of occasions.

And don't call me lad.

Turfmoorspirit
31-07-2017, 08:00 PM
The club are doing very nicely with signings , but wouldn't it be good to capture someone who really whets the appetite.

Who was the last signing that did that for you? This one ! but i think he was to p!zzed to remember it. ;D https://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=Az_6xdgOi39Z2gYA0.WW3olQ?p=paul+gascoi gne+playing+for+burnley+youtube&fr=yhs-mozilla-009&hsimp=yhs-009&hspart=mozilla&imgsz=large&fr2=p%3As%2Cv%3Ai#id=0&iurl=http%3A%2F%2Fsnappa.static.pressassociation.i o%2Fassets%2F2015%2F04%2F21123411%2F1429616050-0fbeb979c3ab7bbce38015de9b1c34e7-1366x963.jpg&action=click

1959_60
31-07-2017, 09:56 PM
The last thing we need is a big time Charlie who could easily wreck the dressing room. Sean won't let that happen.

I think we are still a couple short and, happily, I think SD does too. But no prima donnas.

Turfmoorspirit
31-07-2017, 10:17 PM
If it's not paranoia it must be over sensitivity then because nowhere have I had a "dig" at you or anyone else. You appear to be the one who wants to make things personal, all I've done is disagreed with you on a number of occasions.

And don't call me lad. Its all about opinions ! Feck me , i have been banned , sin binned, more times than i can remember for having an opinion.. I have been posting on clarets mad for over ten years . I was banned in the first week for saying claret tony stroked his helmet with one hand while pushing the ban button with the other.. I mean wtf was wrong with that ? :?

sinkov
31-07-2017, 11:30 PM
Its all about opinions ! Feck me , i have been banned , sin binned, more times than i can remember for having an opinion.. I have been posting on clarets mad for over ten years . I was banned in the first week for saying claret tony stroked his helmet with one hand while pushing the ban button with the other.. I mean wtf was wrong with that ? :?

I like it, good man !!

Altobelli
01-08-2017, 12:36 AM

And don't call me lad.

I'll call you anything that I feel refers to you because of the way you portray yourself when you post and have detailed dialogue with someone, the latter being a very rare occurrence though unless it seems to suit you.

Without trawling through threads again, your short lol without any meaningful debate makes me think you are a lad, you may not be but its not my fault you sound like one with other negative comments to folks posts without any real room for discussion(s) most of the time.

And when you do have one with someone that person actually told you "nothing more than putting words in my mouth", or words to that effect, which reminds me of what I told you a while ago, you like splitting hairs to try and win an argument/debate, you seem to not like to be wrong, and like I said on that thread, it takes a man to admit he's wrong, and that you are not lad.

Another quote aimed at you by another poster that comes to mind is "You're getting boring now Prim, you've lost this one, find someone else to have a trivial argument with". so its not just me who thinks you leave a lot to be desired.

Call me sensitive if it suits you, and I shouldn't have to remind you, but I will, this is a message board used for opinions, followed by agreement or disagreement, That then becomes a discussion. posters who abuse the opinion with one liners, lol's or stretching the truth to make them look like they are right remind me of inept der brains on Facebook and CM.

Others will not say it to you on here, but I'll say it as I feel it, I will not suppress my feelings about you or anyone else in this Forum to keep the peace or to gain friendship or favouritism, Me and Donz have had rucks previously on this site, but we have resolved our differences and come a long way since.

You come across as having no sentiment or compassion for other posters views, you have an aggressive tone and the way you sound in your posts is that Primitive is always right which gets up a lot of folks noses not just mine, I still remember your arrogant quote when your prediction came true after last season "My job is done here" without any humour and certainly devoid of being Humble.

Until you lose your infantile posts without room for debate, admit when you are wrong and can debate other posters views without trashing them and agree to disagree with a bit of fun added maybe, then I'll treat you as you come across, with distain.

The Bedlington Terrier
01-08-2017, 01:15 AM
Its all about opinions ! Feck me , i have been banned , sin binned, more times than i can remember for having an opinion.. I have been posting on clarets mad for over ten years . I was banned in the first week for saying claret tony stroked his helmet with one hand while pushing the ban button with the other.. I mean wtf was wrong with that ? :?

Lol! :D

oldcolner
01-08-2017, 08:14 AM
Could the PL Fire Sale be starting?

After buying lots of players some clubs need to cut the wage bill and get some money in.
Here's a story about Arsenal looking to shift the likes of Jack Wilshere, David Ospina, Kieran Gibbs, Carl Jenkinson, Lucas Perez, Calum Chambers and Mathieu Debuchy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4747834/Arsenal-summer-clear-delayed.html

Primitive
01-08-2017, 09:13 AM
I'll call you anything that I feel refers to you because of the way you portray yourself when you post and have detailed dialogue with someone, the latter being a very rare occurrence though unless it seems to suit you.

Without trawling through threads again, your short lol without any meaningful debate makes me think you are a lad, you may not be but its not my fault you sound like one with other negative comments to folks posts without any real room for discussion(s) most of the time.

And when you do have one with someone that person actually told you "nothing more than putting words in my mouth", or words to that effect, which reminds me of what I told you a while ago, you like splitting hairs to try and win an argument/debate, you seem to not like to be wrong, and like I said on that thread, it takes a man to admit he's wrong, and that you are not lad.

Another quote aimed at you by another poster that comes to mind is "You're getting boring now Prim, you've lost this one, find someone else to have a trivial argument with". so its not just me who thinks you leave a lot to be desired.

Call me sensitive if it suits you, and I shouldn't have to remind you, but I will, this is a message board used for opinions, followed by agreement or disagreement, That then becomes a discussion. posters who abuse the opinion with one liners, lol's or stretching the truth to make them look like they are right remind me of inept der brains on Facebook and CM.

Others will not say it to you on here, but I'll say it as I feel it, I will not suppress my feelings about you or anyone else in this Forum to keep the peace or to gain friendship or favouritism, Me and Donz have had rucks previously on this site, but we have resolved our differences and come a long way since.

You come across as having no sentiment or compassion for other posters views, you have an aggressive tone and the way you sound in your posts is that Primitive is always right which gets up a lot of folks noses not just mine, I still remember your arrogant quote when your prediction came true after last season "My job is done here" without any humour and certainly devoid of being Humble.

Until you lose your infantile posts without room for debate, admit when you are wrong and can debate other posters views without trashing them and agree to disagree with a bit of fun added maybe, then I'll treat you as you come across, with distain.​

What a load of *******s.

I'm not going to sink to your level and reply with a load of personal stuff, when I'm arguing with someone I attack the post not the poster. But I have tried to debate with you before and when you're challenged with questions you can't answer you seem to take offence, shut down the discussion and resort to personal comments.

I'm more than happy to admit I'm wrong and have done on numerous occasions. You seem to be projecting your own failing in this respect on to me, we're still waiting for you to admit you were wrong last summer when you said we would be relegated and we don't deserve to be a PL club. In fact, I seem to recall that you categorically stated that should we stay up, you would eat humble pie and here you are again with your negative slating of the best board we've had for years.

You've said on numerous occasions that you're going to ignore me, please do so if I upset you so much. I won't ignore your passive aggressive comments posted towards me.

And it's "disdain".

oldcolner
01-08-2017, 09:19 AM
Alto Primitive
Can this be done by personal email on the CM site?

Primitive
01-08-2017, 09:31 AM
Alto Primitive
Can this be done by personal email on the CM site?

It probably could, but I've tried that before and Alto said he wouldn't respond to any private messages.

oldcolner
02-08-2017, 03:16 PM
We are 13th highest spender in the PL having spent £15.5m so far

City top on £209m
United £149m
Chelsea £126m
Everton £96m
Arsenal £44m
Liverpool £42m
Huddersfield spent 41.2 in 7th place

Bottom are
Spurs on zero
Stoke £0.5m
Southampton £6m
Palace £8m
Swansea £11m
West Brom
Brighton both on £12m

https://talksport.com/football/transfer-news-premier-league-clubs-summer-spending-2017-so-far-least-most-170802248875?p=8

The Bedlington Terrier
02-08-2017, 03:47 PM
Watching Huddersfield commit financial suicide will not be easy viewing...

afloatinclaret
02-08-2017, 04:28 PM
Watching Huddersfield commit financial suicide will not be easy viewing...

Indeed not, following in the model of Leeds, Bradford, Blackpool, Portsmouth, et al, let's be thankful that the Burnley board continue to show more sense and restraint; we all want to continue watching Premiership football at Turf Moor, but not at the risk of jeapordising the club's long term future .

The Bedlington Terrier
02-08-2017, 06:45 PM
Indeed not, following in the model of Leeds, Bradford, Blackpool, Portsmouth, et al, let's be thankful that the Burnley board continue to show more sense and restraint; we all want to continue watching Premiership football at Turf Moor, but not at the risk of jeapordising the club's long term future .

Bang on the money sentiments afloatinclaret and welcome on board. :D

thedonz
02-08-2017, 11:49 PM
Good bit of research OC.

Um, Stoke , my dark horses for the drop, are not spending much.

Our spending should double or even triple between now and the end of the window if Dyche is successful in bringing in his targets.

oldcolner
03-08-2017, 03:00 PM
Chris Smalling said to be interesting us and others

http://m.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/crystal-palace-burnley-leicester-city-and-stoke-city-linked-with-kent-born-defender/story-30468291-detail/story.html

The Bedlington Terrier
03-08-2017, 03:59 PM
Yeah right!

Norder
03-08-2017, 05:09 PM

Burnley dont need to spend BIG....have no need to spend 50 million on a striker etc....and I dont know anyone who thinks we should - we're obviously not out to compete with the "few" top end sides that wallow in the rarefied air....but if we're seriously thinking of making a go of it - then there's plenty of lower end teams that we Do need to match, that won't mean emptying the bank....but does mean - we should bring in players of known Quality to fill the areas "where it matters most" - therefore have to think outside of that...past it's sell by - dads army - cheap end of the get us by with everything crossed....mentality.

As "I" see it....most of the PL teams aren't so far away from todays top end Championship level....so that also means that we need to compete with the newly promoted....otherwise - we're sunk before we start - or will spend the season struggling for air .
Sure - We...don't know it all, in fact is likely we know very little....so can only run with what make most sense to us Individually, as at the end of the day...buck stops with those who make the decisions - those Truly in the know....and so we can leave it at that...say nothing, go with it...so far that every signing we make is seen as a move of tactical genius.
Some will have such belief....but sadly, i'm one that doesn't, because unlike other teams that aren't so restricted...Burnley are more so controlled by a not so fat pocket of the dosh....meaning another uneven result is that our great minds are Not going to run as fluidly as others - therefore their calculated figuring needs to work overtime, as will always be playing catch-up - therefore to reinforce the weak points...(as far as the competition goes) to a competent level...if we don't dig deeper.....we dont compete - as will most likely mean - regardless of who we bring to the team, and however good they seem, we'll still remain....scratching at an incompetent level.
Only time will tell I guess....but should we loosen the strings a little - yes it's a hard one, but for me, if i'm to care at all, I say yes...it'll free us up to play more football

Hi & Cheers.

;D

CaspertheClaret
03-08-2017, 09:41 PM
I don't know how much truth there is in the Smalling rumour but I would be delighted with that if it came off.

Dont know what happened last season, whether Mourihno knocked his confidence but the season before last he was superb. Very much a Dyche type team player - this excites me and at 27 is very much that desired prime time experienced player we need!

sinkov
03-08-2017, 10:23 PM
I'd love us to sign Smalling, he does remind me a little bit of Leon Cort occasionally, which does worry me slightly, but really he's a million times better. As for our chances, I'd say somewhere between none and zero. If there is anything at all in the story at the moment, there won't be after the first discussion on wages between our recruitment team and his agent.

oldcolner
04-08-2017, 05:51 PM
This is on Balls.ie so may be rubbish but we fancy Shamrock Rovers centre forward Michael O'Connor

https://www.balls.ie/football/young-shamrock-rovers-striker-linked-premier-league-move-370668

bfcjon
04-08-2017, 05:59 PM
Good bit of research OC.

Um, Stoke , my dark horses for the drop, are not spending much.

Our spending should double or even triple between now and the end of the window if Dyche is successful in bringing in his targets.

Not with Garlick, at the Helm he won"t.

sinkov
04-08-2017, 06:41 PM
Not with Garlick, at the Helm he won"t.

Why not, with Garlick at the helm, we've just spent £60m in the last 12 months.

CaspertheClaret
07-08-2017, 10:05 PM
A thirty million quid Mexican would be a real statement of intent!

Think I would rather spend a tenner on an Indian.

1959_60
07-08-2017, 10:19 PM
We need a bloody big Russian bloke and a fast, tricky Portugese type.

CaspertheClaret
07-08-2017, 10:32 PM
Got that for you 73/60!

What else do you need?

1959_60
07-08-2017, 10:41 PM
Dyche out, Casper in I say.

If we really want to make this Premier League thing work for us we need a few players whose names finish with the letter "I"

CaspertheClaret
07-08-2017, 10:54 PM
Pi
Gucci

Thats 2/3rds (of a fashion!)

1959_60
07-08-2017, 10:59 PM
i65.tinypic.com

What about a Scheming Romanian Casper?

Dmitri Planni

1959_60
07-08-2017, 10:59 PM
Bloody hell, what happened there?

1959_60
07-08-2017, 11:00 PM
http://i65.tinypic.com/x3ct3s.jpg

Ah, there he is.

1959_60
07-08-2017, 11:01 PM
It wasn't that good anyway...

CaspertheClaret
07-08-2017, 11:05 PM
There you go mate but why you want a steaming Romanian is beyond me?

oldcolner
08-08-2017, 03:34 PM
Sean Dyche is set to add Birmingham keeper Adam Legzdins to his squad for an undisclosed fee. The keeper who has had two spells at St Andrews in between moves to Crewe Alexandra, Burton Albion, Derby County and Leyton Orient will sign a three-year-deal to be backup to Tom Heaton and Nick Pope.

http://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/football/clarets/burnley-set-to-sign-birmingham-keeper-1-8692328

In Dyche We Trust
08-08-2017, 04:07 PM
Another steller marqueeee signing

Supersub6
08-08-2017, 04:15 PM
Another steller marqueeee signing

Ah, you mean he should have gone for Courtois as a back up third keeper :P

In Dyche We Trust
08-08-2017, 04:20 PM
well, of course we would - like most of us he dont do ABBA-

sinkov
08-08-2017, 09:05 PM
I am a fairly keen fan of BFC, I've been travelling the length and breadth of the country to watch us for more years now than I care to remember. But I have to be honest, I don't really give a FF who our No 3 keeper is.

oldcolner
08-08-2017, 09:42 PM
Sean Dyche is set to add Birmingham keeper Adam Legzdins to his squad for an undisclosed fee. The keeper who has had two spells at St Andrews in between moves to Crewe Alexandra, Burton Albion, Derby County and Leyton Orient will sign a three-year-deal to be backup to Tom Heaton and Nick Pope.

http://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/football/clarets/burnley-set-to-sign-birmingham-keeper-1-8692328

Burnley have acquired more back-up for England goalkeeper Tom Heaton by signing Adam Legzdins from Birmingham.

bfcjon
08-08-2017, 10:01 PM
Burnley have acquired more back-up for England goalkeeper Tom Heaton by signing Adam Legzdins from Birmingham.

Whooo,...Get In !!

oldcolner
09-08-2017, 08:09 AM
How do you pronounce that?
Legsdins?

oldcolner
09-08-2017, 06:10 PM
Duvan Zapata from Napoli said to interest us and Celtic with £12 M being mentioned.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/12m-bid-reportedly-rejected-celtic-must-beat-pl-side-sign-serie-powerhouse-view/

oldcolner
09-08-2017, 08:42 PM
Or maybe £7.5M for Danny Ings say bookies

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/08/09/bookies-burnley-an-option-for-liverpools-danny-ings-but-newcastl/

sinkov
09-08-2017, 10:19 PM
Don't forget this is Skybet, the bookies that had Sean Dyche long odds-on favourite for the Palace job. And there's absolutely nothing significant about his price being cut, we've sold a striker, we're probably in the market for a replacement and we've got more cash than we can spend. It'd be a strange bookie that didn't cut the odds in those circumstances. With Gray gone it's obviously more likely now that we might sign Ings than it was yesterday, but it means nothing more than that.

Altobelli
09-08-2017, 10:30 PM
Don't forget this is Skybet, the bookies that had Sean Dyche long odds-on favourite for the Palace job. And there's absolutely nothing significant about his price being cut, we've sold a striker, we're probably in the market for a replacement and we've got more cash than we can spend . It'd be a strange bookie that didn't cut the odds in those circumstances. With Gray gone it's obviously more likely now that we might sign Ings than it was yesterday, but it means nothing more than that.

Jesus Christ Sinkov, don't let Garlick see the word spend, you'll give him a heart attack !

In Dyche We Trust
10-08-2017, 06:09 AM
Mow the weather is turning colder- i have another free signing for them- my old marquee

sinkov
10-08-2017, 07:57 AM
Jesus Christ Sinkov, don't let Garlick see the word spend, you'll give him a heart attack !

Seriously Alto I think there's more money going to be spent. They've pissed me off in the past, but they've spent around £60m in the last 12 months, Garlick and Dyche are hooked on it now, just you wait for the trolley dash at the back end of August, we ain't seen nothing yet.B)

The Bedlington Terrier
10-08-2017, 08:12 AM
No need for a trolley dash sinkov. SD and DB knew Bray was going and have prepared accordingly.

Two signings imminent! :D

Supersub6
10-08-2017, 08:40 AM
No need for a trolley dash sinkov. SD and DB knew Bray was going and have prepared accordingly.

Two signings imminent! :D

Come on BT --I know that a lot of fans thought that he was a donkey but there is no need to call him BRAY!!! ;D

The Bedlington Terrier
10-08-2017, 09:04 AM
Just checking if anyone was paying attention...:P

oldcolner
10-08-2017, 10:37 AM
Is this another donkey?
Not Irish, not young, but experienced

Stoke City captain Ryan Shawcross is reportedly the subject of an ambitious bid by Burnley to replace Michael Keane.

The Clarets are set to bid £10million for the Stoke captain, who has been with the club since 2007 after a switch from Manchester United.

The Sun says Sean Dyche has targeted the 30-year-old central defender to fill the void left by Michael Keane.

https://www.clubcall.com/burnley/shawcross-in-shock-potential-burnley-move-1859201.html

oldcolner
10-08-2017, 10:40 AM
More speculation?

Derby County face competition from Burnley and Fulham in a bid to sign Callum Robinson from Preston North End.

The Rams have asked about the 22-year-old and manager Gary Rowett is keen to add to his attacking options following the departure of Tom Ince to Huddersfield.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/two-more-clubs-linked-race-306081

nutsinmay
10-08-2017, 10:51 AM
Is this another donkey?
Not Irish, not young, but experienced

Stoke City captain Ryan Shawcross is reportedly the subject of an ambitious bid by Burnley to replace Michael Keane.

The Clarets are set to bid £10million for the Stoke captain, who has been with the club since 2007 after a switch from Manchester United.

The Sun says Sean Dyche has targeted the 30-year-old central defender to fill the void left by Michael Keane.

https://www.clubcall.com/burnley/shawcross-in-shock-potential-burnley-move-1859201.html

I can honestly say that, in recent years (so this doesn't include thugs like Norman Hunter and Johnny Giles) Shawcross is the dirtiest player I've seen. I really hope that Dyche doesn't stoop so low.

In Dyche We Trust
10-08-2017, 11:15 AM
Crazy in August- Well he fits the bill, plays for Stoke, is 30+ years old and is dirt cheap.

The Bedlington Terrier
10-08-2017, 01:02 PM
Sam Clucas will be arriving soon. (As previously predicted).

I suspect Shane Long will also be added soon.

I just cannot see us spunking £10 million on Shawcross unless we need to reduce the Corporation Tax bill!

CaspertheClaret
10-08-2017, 01:07 PM
Ings loan
Welbeck being spouted elsewhere.

In Dyche We Trust
10-08-2017, 01:08 PM
dont believe that either Clucas or Long will add anything to our squad tbh. How many Longs do we need? Clucas is far from a steller marquiess signing.

Cant see Shawcross as a SD player but then I thought that about Barton....

oldcolner
10-08-2017, 01:08 PM
Sam Clucas will be arriving soon. (As previously predicted).

I suspect Shane Long will also be added soon.

I just cannot see us spunking £10 million on Shawcross unless we need to reduce the Corporation Tax bill!

Reports claim that Hull City have rejected a £5million from Burnley for midfielder Sam Clucas.

Clucas moved to the KCOM Stadium from Chesterfield in the summer of 2015 and signed a three-year deal with the Tigers.

The 26-year-old was part of the side that gained promotion to the Premier League in 2015-16, scoring six goals from 44 Championship appearances for the Yorkshire outfit.

https://www.clubcall.com/burnley/clarets-knocked-back-in-clucas-pursuit-1859230.html

Sky say the same and he is valued at £10M by ?? Hull presumably so how about £7.5M!

oldcolner
10-08-2017, 08:55 PM
Here's a new one from our European scout

Nicolas Preville from Lille

Ooh la la

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4779508/Burnley-target-12m-Lille-striker-Nicolas-Preville.html

Altobelli
10-08-2017, 10:10 PM
If, and it's a big IF, we get Dawson, Cluca, Preville or Zapata, I'd say the Board are doing what is needed, if not I'd be very disappointed.

ClaretinBudapest
11-08-2017, 05:30 PM
Preville looks the perfect fit.Belgian so D4 will have somebody to talk to.

oldcolner
11-08-2017, 06:05 PM
Another try

Leeds United have rejected a £12 million bid for striker Chris Wood from Premier League side Burnley, as confirmed by journalist Phil Hay on Twitter.

Altobelli
11-08-2017, 06:34 PM
Another try

Leeds United have rejected a £12 million bid for striker Chris Wood from Premier League side Burnley, as confirmed by journalist Phil Hay on Twitter.

I really hope it's false info Colner.

The Bedlington Terrier
12-08-2017, 02:26 AM
Barnes, Vokes, Wood and Walters sounds OK to me but where are the crosses coming from..?

sinkov
12-08-2017, 07:10 AM
Barnes, Vokes, Wood and Walters sounds OK to me but where are the crosses coming from..?

Brady and Iceland.

oldcolner
12-08-2017, 07:30 AM

Wood and Walters could do good impersonations and be funny too!

However
Brighton and West Brom have joined Burnley in tabling formal bids for Leeds United striker Chris Wood, Football Insider sources can reveal.

The Yorkshire giants have rejected the new offers from Brighton and West Brom, which were each worth £14million.

willyeck
12-08-2017, 07:46 AM
Brady, JG, and Taylor, who no doubt provided a few last season for him

sinkov
12-08-2017, 07:48 AM
Wood and Walters could do good impersonations and be funny too!

Well we had an Heath Robinson strike partnership, why not Wood and Walters.

The Bedlington Terrier
12-08-2017, 08:36 AM

In all honesty, I think they would make a great double act...

oldcolner
13-08-2017, 03:11 PM

Haha
Talk of us bidding £4M for Callum Robinson in Daily Star and of bringing Danny in on loan

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/08/13/report-burnley-eyeing-move-for-preston-striker-callum-robinson/

Turfmoorspirit
13-08-2017, 05:06 PM
If, and it's a big IF, we get Dawson, Cluca, Preville or Zapata, I'd say the Board are doing what is needed, if not I'd be very disappointed. Do you not get that feeling that other clubs watch who we maybe interested in signing,then wait for our bid and jump in..? Maybe i am paranoid or maybe our wage structure needs to be reviewed. Either way it seems like Burnley FC are doing all the scouting for other clubs..

The Bedlington Terrier
13-08-2017, 05:43 PM
Do you not get that feeling that other clubs watch who we maybe interested in signing,then wait for our bid and jump in..? Maybe i am paranoid or maybe our wage structure needs to be reviewed. Either way it seems like Burnley FC are doing all the scouting for other clubs..

You are seriously paranoid TMS. :(

oldcolner
14-08-2017, 05:32 PM
Another rumour

Burnley manager Sean Dyche is hoping to sign French defender Nicolas Isimat-Mirin from Dutch side PSV Eindhoven.

Respected French journalist Romain Collet-Gaudin reported on Twitter that Burnley club officials are in the Netherlands to negotiate a deal for the 25-year-old.

http://sportslens.com/burnley-want-to-sign-psv-eindhoven-defender-isimat-mirin/214269/

oldcolner
14-08-2017, 06:26 PM
Leeds United may need to move quickly to offer striker Chris Wood a bumper pay rise and new contract to see off interest from Premier League clubs after it was claimed he earns just £8,000 per week.

Wood netted 30 goals in all competitions for the Whites last term and his goalscoring exploits have not gone unnoticed in the top flight.

Sounds like our type of money will blow his mind!

sinkov
14-08-2017, 07:27 PM
Brady and Iceland.

Sorry, I meant Lowton and Defour.

sinkov
14-08-2017, 07:45 PM
Another rumour

Burnley manager Sean Dyche is hoping to sign French defender Nicolas Isimat-Mirin from Dutch side PSV Eindhoven.

Respected French journalist Romain Collet-Gaudin reported on Twitter that Burnley club officials are in the Netherlands to negotiate a deal for the 25-year-old.

http://sportslens.com/burnley-want-to-sign-psv-eindhoven-defender-isimat-mirin/214269/

This lad could be the real deal, 25yo, 6ft 1in, regular in a PSV defence which conceded only 23 goals in 34 games, joint best defence with Ajax in Holland. Clearly he doesn't make many mistakes.

oldcolner
15-08-2017, 06:11 AM
Bidding £20M for Chris Wood

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4790636/Burnley-ready-make-improved-20m-bid-Chris-Wood.html

The Bedlington Terrier
15-08-2017, 06:15 AM
Bidding £20M for Chris Wood

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4790636/Burnley-ready-make-improved-20m-bid-Chris-Wood.html

Four year deal on £30k a week plus bonuses! Good stuff!

oldcolner
15-08-2017, 06:25 AM
Will Sam have to make way?

The Bedlington Terrier
15-08-2017, 06:57 AM
Wouldn't think so! Barnes, Walters, Vokes and Wood would be a pretty decent front four!

oldcolner
15-08-2017, 11:59 AM
Sean Long odds down

Never heard this one but is this fair play?

Burnley are set to miss out on the signing of Austria Wien striker Olarenwaju Kayode to Manchester City: the 24-year-old Nigerian, who it is claimed will be loaned to Girona once his £3.5 million transfer is rubber stamped.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/08/15/report-southamptons-shane-long-wanted-by-burnley/

AIDY1981
15-08-2017, 12:25 PM
heard hull rejected a 10m bid for clucas of us do we need another midfielder

The Bedlington Terrier
15-08-2017, 12:48 PM
It now comes down to the player and if he wants to play in the EPL with us?

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/

nutsinmay
15-08-2017, 06:10 PM
Looks like this might all have been a ploy to get a better contract at Hull. He's now in talks with them.

Altobelli
15-08-2017, 07:57 PM
Out of all the players we have been linked with in the past 7 to 10 days, some are below:

Shane Long

Robinson

Zappata

Chris Wood

Andone

Clucus

Preville

Dawson

Nicolas Isimat-Mirin

Ryan Shawcross

Danny Ings

Michael O'Connor

Chris Smalling

Nacer Chadli

Isimat Mirin

Is there any truth in any of them ? Smoke Screens ? Media/Sky making it up ? While we pick a pearler ?

oldcolner
15-08-2017, 08:32 PM
Alto
I don't know but suspect several routes and probably none of them from Sean or Burnley!
Though the old Nixon Coyle link used to leak, .. maybe for some incentives.

Sometimes we may just ask a club if a player is available or to name a price and that's showing interest if the press get hold of it either by the selling club or the player or his agent even though we might terminate our quest then. They want to push the price up. E.g. Assombolonga

I think agenats are behind a few in the hope it alerts us to someone wanting a move and PL experience.
Sometimes a selling club needs to get rid and suggests a few clubs with money e.g. Chadli and Burnley Newcastle and Swansea Sometimes a journo needs to have a story and makes a story up. There are a lot of "this striker or centre half is ideal for Burnley" knowing we sold Gray and Keane. Or the odds on Long going to Burnley have shortened.

Transfermarkt rates rumours for players though how I don't know. It's all good fun. It does seem like we are starting to ask and even seriously consider some in Europe. Though maybe it's still a rumour;D

Florin Andone TM runour rating is 40%

The Bedlington Terrier
15-08-2017, 08:44 PM
I seriously want to know if Mike Garlick and the Board are all OK...

sinkov
15-08-2017, 11:07 PM
I seriously want to know if Mike Garlick and the Board are all OK...

They're fine BT, what that photo of a bucket load of cash doesn't show is the BFC dumper truck, just off to the right, full of readies just waiting to be spent.

oldcolner
16-08-2017, 06:07 PM
We seem to be causing mayhem.
Leeds buying Ross McCormack to cover for loss of Woods

Andone pulling his groin area or not and not playing v Real Madrid and now

Abdul Majeed Waris from Lorient
Our European Scout seems active

A move for Waris makes sense since he would come at a much reduced rate than Andone
The Ghana forward joined Lorient in 2015 and has scored 19 goals in 51 league appearances so far.
The 25-year-old has made 22 international appearances for Ghana, and is also on Sean Dyche’s list of targets.
Burnley would need a work permit for Waris.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/08/16/report-burnley-interested-in-loreint-striker-abdul-majeed-waris/

oldcolner
19-08-2017, 07:34 AM
Is this in your ear piece

Burnley are on the verge of securing the services of Inter defender Andrea Ranocchia, reports Sky Sports, via Football Italia

Ranocchia spent the second half of last season on loan at Hull but could not help prevent the Tigers from relegation back down to the Championship.

The 29-year-old is deemed surplus to requirements by new Inter head coach Luciano Spalletti despite the fact Jeison Murillo could follow Gary Medel out the club this summer.

sinkov
19-08-2017, 08:18 AM
Could be alright as back up, but seems to be on the slide. Appointed Inter captain at the start of the 14/15 season, yet 18 months later loaned out to Sampdoria, a year later he's loaned out to Hull. Certainly not one for the future.

The Bedlington Terrier
19-08-2017, 08:39 AM
Can't see this one happening when we have young Anderson breaking through...

oldcolner
20-08-2017, 08:57 PM
Newcastle should rival Burnley for the signature of Celtic centre-back Jozo Simunovic this month after suffering a defensive crisis.

The Scottish Sun claims Sean Dyche’s Burnley are lining up a £10million offer for the 22-year-old Croatian.
It is said the Clarets sent chief scout Martin Hodge to Parkhead last week to watch the defender, who kept an impressive 18 clean sheets in 33 league and cup appearances last season.

The Bedlington Terrier
21-08-2017, 06:03 AM
Mee and thee could put together an impressive 18 clean sheets in 33 league and cup appearances in the Scottish Premier League old colner! :D

sinkov
21-08-2017, 07:26 AM
They could even play Tom Anderson and Tarko, and they'd still be keeping clean sheets.

The Bedlington Terrier
21-08-2017, 08:16 AM
Steady on...

nutsinmay
21-08-2017, 09:22 AM
There's a couple of spelling challenges there - I reckon some of the faithful would prefer to stick with Mee :D

The Bedlington Terrier
21-08-2017, 11:58 AM
There's a couple of spelling challenges there - I reckon some of the faithful would prefer to stick with Mee :D

I would have headed that one on Saturday oldcolner!

In Dyche We Trust
21-08-2017, 04:56 PM
no marquee signings to report so far-

oldcolner
21-08-2017, 06:07 PM
We have a house of wood though!

So now we really do have Wood and Walters.

Keeping clean sheets is a challenge as you get older!!:O

oldcolner
21-08-2017, 06:48 PM
Majeed Waris of Lorient BFC make £8M bid

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/burnley_fc/news/15486811.Burnley_table___8m_offer_for_Ghana_intern ational_striker_Majeed_Waris/?ref=mac

In Dyche We Trust
21-08-2017, 07:35 PM
got it now- crap defence but svore more goals the other end

1972Claret
21-08-2017, 07:48 PM
got it now- crap defence but svore more goals the other end

Hope so, but we need a couple of wingers who know how to wing first.

NZClaret
21-08-2017, 08:54 PM
Have it! Spend it! :D

As a red hot Labour man your saying should be 'don't have it, but spend it anyway'.

oldcolner
21-08-2017, 08:57 PM
Majeed Waris of Lorient BFC make £8M bid

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/burnley_fc/news/15486811.Burnley_table___8m_offer_for_Ghana_intern ational_striker_Majeed_Waris/?ref=mac

West Ham and West Brom also interested?
http://readwestbrom.com/2017/08/21/west-brom-keen-waris-move/

In Dyche We Trust
21-08-2017, 09:28 PM
shucks- looks like we missed out on Clucas

oldcolner
21-08-2017, 09:42 PM
shucks- looks like we missed out on Clucas

Hull have confirmed they have accepted a bid from Swansea for Sam Clucas, which Sky Sports News understands to total £16.5m.

oldcolner
22-08-2017, 08:34 PM
SIMON JONES: Burnley are closing on a £9million deal for Lorient forward Abdul Majeed Waris.

West Ham, West Brom and Brighton have all followed the Ghana international who had a trial at Manchester City at 17.
Waris has 22 caps for Ghana and has scored four goals. He can play as a winger or second striker.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4811486/Transfer-news-LIVE-Manchester-United-Arsenal-plus-more.html#ixzz4qWCHczym

sinkov
23-08-2017, 09:24 PM
him
Can't see this one happening when we have young Anderson breaking through...

Doesn't even make the bench for the Mickey Mouse Cup team. No break through, sadly no future at Burnley, it's just taking him longer than most to vanish into the Gawthorpe Black Hole. But vanish into it he surely will.