PDA

View Full Version : Montel Gibson gone to Ilson?

Old_pie
26-07-2017, 08:08 PM
Seems reports are that he scored this evening on his debut.

On loan/transferred? I'm not sure that he was yet offered a renewed contract at the Lane, just an opportunity same as a couple of other lad including JordAn Richards to be involved in pre-season.

Are we going to "poach" any better players from Ilkeston Town FC? Is this going to lead to friction or will it be a good thing?

PS See they won 4-0 at Underwood Villa tonight.

blue midget
26-07-2017, 09:25 PM
ilson could be a good feeder club for us

SolSigns
26-07-2017, 09:36 PM
Notts will be a good feeder club for Ilson.

Old_pie
27-07-2017, 08:13 AM
ilson could be a good feeder club for us

Until their supporters start getting upset that we pinch their better players too early/too cheap (who dictates the price?)

DomdomPie
27-07-2017, 10:42 AM
Until their supporters start getting upset that we pinch their better players too early/too cheap (who dictates the price?)

This is a genuine question: how many decent players have Ilkeston had in recent years? I know Che Adams came from them.

It would be a bonus if we scooped up some talent from them, but my feeling is that they would get the better end of the deal with their pick of our younger reserve players on loan.

DelroyFacey22
27-07-2017, 10:52 AM
I would imagine we would end up having "first option" or a "buy back clause" (if they go on a free transfer) on any youngsters we release with the intention of them going to Ilkeston which would allow us to closely follow their progress in case it turns out releasing them was a mistake

marshall55
27-07-2017, 11:47 AM
Ben Pringle, decent too, question is do they have the same scouts?

tarquinbeech
27-09-2017, 05:15 AM
5 goals in the last 7 games....the lad is on fire.....worth a look?

Watch this cracker!

https://twitter.com/montel_gibson9?lang=en

DomdomPie
27-09-2017, 05:34 AM

Watch this cracker!

Wow. If he keeps scoring beauties like that then certainly a smart move keeping him close to home in Ilkeston...

countygump
27-09-2017, 08:03 AM
Wow. If he keeps scoring beauties like that then certainly a smart move keeping him close to home in Ilkeston...

It's like the American baseball system, sent back down to the minors.

irish_pie
27-09-2017, 05:17 PM

Watch this cracker!

Serious goal Tarqs.. could be one for the near future

Freeman25
27-09-2017, 05:29 PM
To be fair, Malachi Lavelle-Moore was scoring worldies for them the other season when he was there, he's at Alfreton now.

tarquinbeech
27-09-2017, 10:59 PM
Serious goal Tarqs.. could be one for the near future

If he scores a few more like that....he'll be taking Stead's shirt......pretty sure there is a buy-back clause worth 5 pasties and a bag of peanuts.....AH, you know it makes sense!!