PDA

View Full Version : Why can't the club be honest?

Huey73
26-07-2017, 10:22 PM
I don't get how we are hearing rumours on other posts, I haven't seen confirmation anywhere online, that the Ross County game will be £24 for an adult. Therefore if that is a category B, what will so called category A games be?

But my main point, if they want people to buy season tickets, why can't they give 'customers' the full facts? Here's the season ticket options, or you'll pay this per game. You choose. Dundee FC haven't done this in years that I can recall.

No other place or business can I think of where you'd go yeah just have my money, don't know if I'll manage to go or use what I'm paying for, but I don't care, it's only money!!

I guess some people will have enough cash in the bank to think that, but when Dens is NEVER FULL, are we ever going to get enough people that will do that?

Last season we had most, category A game televised at stupid times and we didn't sell out or even close.

I stand to be corrected IF Dens is actually full for any game this season. Even though it isn't a season ticket game on Sunday, and there may be no more Derbies even that looks doubtful to be sold out.

Returnofrros
26-07-2017, 10:39 PM
I don't get how we are hearing rumours on other posts, I haven't seen confirmation anywhere online, that the Ross County game will be £24 for an adult. Therefore if that is a category B, what will so called category A games be?

But my main point, if they want people to buy season tickets, why can't they give 'customers' the full facts? Here's the season ticket options, or you'll pay this per game. You choose. Dundee FC haven't done this in years that I can recall.

No other place or business can I think of where you'd go yeah just have my money, don't know if I'll manage to go or use what I'm paying for, but I don't care, it's only money!!

I guess some people will have enough cash in the bank to think that, but when Dens is NEVER FULL, are we ever going to get enough people that will do that?

Last season we had most, category A game televised at stupid times and we didn't sell out or even close.

I stand to be corrected IF Dens is actually full for any game this season. Even though it isn't a season ticket game on Sunday, and there may be no more Derbies even that looks doubtful to be sold out.

Outside of hearts no club has sold out regularly for years.

I wouldn't really expect a non season ticket derby at sunday lunchtime in the middle of the Dundee fortnight live on telly to sell out, em guessing 10,250 or thereabouts.

For Celtic and rangers visits we wud sell out if we gave them behind both goals and we took both sides (or as near as damn it sell out) but probably impractical.

jdfc
27-07-2017, 07:00 AM
The match is 3pm Sunday

It is £24 for county game, no secret it's on the official site,
Disgrace of a price, would accept it if they did away with A's and B's

Huey73
27-07-2017, 07:52 AM
Ah, so it is, in the buy tickets page only.

But nowhere has there been a statement, that I can find, of pay at the gate prices.

Wonder what they will try and charge for games that last season were described as category A.

Have just seen in the Tele online that McCann is surprised by how low season ticket sales are. Perhaps if people knew what pay at the gate prices were going to be we'd have sold more season tickets.

jdfc
27-07-2017, 09:02 AM
Ah, so it is, in the buy tickets page only.

But nowhere has there been a statement, that I can find, of pay at the gate prices.

Wonder what they will try and charge for games that last season were described as category A.

Have just seen in the Tele online that McCann is surprised by how low season ticket sales are. Perhaps if people knew what pay at the gate prices were going to be we'd have sold more season tickets.

They are maybe embarrassed by the prices they are charging, in a city with high levels of unemployment, and low levels of pay, maybe DFCSS fans rep, or even Steve Martin (remember him) can comment.

Here's a thought, what about DFCSS subsidising prices this seasons with the thousands they are sitting on, just a thought, would be a way of getting the money to where it was intended for.

Returnofrros
27-07-2017, 10:03 AM
The match is 3pm Sunday

It is £24 for county game, no secret it's on the official site,
Disgrace of a price, would accept it if they did away with A's and B's

That's meh 2nd lunch��

Good that its 3 though get a game of golf which will keep pan loaf happy.......wonder what happened to him.

Returnofrros
27-07-2017, 10:09 AM
I think footballs too dear but no dearer than anybody else really.

Always fascinates me that some of the loudest complainers though are those that regularly spend £100 on an away day, £300 doon to a friendly in London and potentially £2k plus on a league game in Texas.

£2 when you look at it like that ain't much but agree it will effect gates.

Season tics are still the best way to generate income for the club and decent regular attendances.

And em no gonna miss the opportunity to say that if they put the over 65 price up there is no need for everybody else to have an increase and possibly get away with £20 across the board and £22 for old firm.

deetox
27-07-2017, 11:39 AM
Scottish Football is vastly overpriced and the main reason most stadiums are less than half full most of the time.

3,000 s/t holders @ average £200 + VAT = £600,000 per season plus PATG.

£10 for 3,000 adults, £5 for 1,000 over 60s & students, £1 for 1,000 school kids = £36k x 20 games = £720,000. (+20%)

The directors need cash-flow and to make sure that any pauchle is dealt with in the boardroom and not at the cash turnstyles. ;D

jdfc
27-07-2017, 11:50 AM
Sure he was on here last night, I know he post next door with another name, always looking to have a pop at me

Oor Wullie
27-07-2017, 04:54 PM
Prices for over 65s should be reduced.

Returnofrros
27-07-2017, 05:12 PM

Greedy greedy greedy.

You'll be wanting a refund on your ticket if you peg it afore end of the season.

Wrap up now.....winters coming��

Deeranged
27-07-2017, 05:37 PM

Surely if you're over 65 you're an adult and should pay adult prices?

deetox
28-07-2017, 01:16 PM

Next season I'll be mostly watching the telly.

Oor Wullie
31-07-2017, 03:44 PM
If yir still here

Greetin in Bed
31-07-2017, 03:57 PM
Surely if you're over 65 you're an adult and should pay adult prices?
Pensioners in general have a reduced income after retirement.
They deserve a reduced ticket price for that alone but in my view also to acknowledge the years of support given to football.
Ross is obsessed with the myth of rich pensioners

deetox
31-07-2017, 05:00 PM
They deserve a reduced ticket price for that alone but in my view also to acknowledge the years of support given to football.

I'm so minted I might invest in a new caravan and let my cat have the old one. ;D

Returnofrros
31-07-2017, 05:05 PM

Pensioners have never had it so good.

More far more disposable income than a working man with family.

Take your heid oot the sand.

P.s if they are that loyal they wont mind paying correct price.

deetox
31-07-2017, 06:19 PM

Nonsense . . . but I agree that they should be paying the correct price.

It's the adults that are overpriced, not the pensioners that are underpriced.

Returnofrros
31-07-2017, 07:56 PM
Nonsense . . . but I agree that they should be paying the correct price.

It's the adults that are overpriced, not the pensioners that are underpriced.

Agree but if clubs cant let everbody in for £15 then adult concessions have to go up.

And there's **** all nonsense about pensioners disposable income as I have proved mair times on this forum than you've mentioned electric cars��

Meh ohh ahh dignitas chant isnae popular in the main stand though.��

deetox
31-07-2017, 11:30 PM
Agree but if clubs cant let everbody in for £15 then adult concessions have to go up.
.��

Drop the price, increase the attendance ?

Bigger attendance, attract more commercial income.

More commercial income, better team on the park.

Better team, better results, happy fans.

Returnofrros
01-08-2017, 04:08 PM
Drop the price, increase the attendance ?

Bigger attendance, attract more commercial income.

More commercial income, better team on the park.

Better team, better results, happy fans.

Doesn't work, just about every smaller team cud let people in for zip and the increase in attendance on a regular basis wud go up, not significantly though.

bluelagoon
01-08-2017, 05:51 PM

A sweeping statement and utter *******s...........

Returnofrros
01-08-2017, 06:59 PM
A sweeping statement and utter *******s...........

No its not.

What period in history have pensioners had it better?

None

Every survey oot credits over 60s as having more disposable income than the vast majority of families, govt stats back this up as are some age organisations.

The resolution foundation have just released a survey re age related wealth and how poor 17-25 year olds are.

17-25 year olds income haven't yet returned to pre crash levels, over 60s have grew 30% in the same period.

If they were loyal to Dee they wud pay full price.

**** all sweeping aboot it.

Deeranged
01-08-2017, 08:11 PM
No its not.

What period in history have pensioners had it better?

None

Every survey oot credits over 60s as having more disposable income than the vast majority of families, govt stats back this up as are some age organisations.

The resolution foundation have just released a survey re age related wealth and how poor 17-25 year olds are.

17-25 year olds income haven't yet returned to pre crash levels, over 60s have grew 30% in the same period.

If they were loyal to Dee they wud pay full price.

**** all sweeping aboot it.

Almost to a man / woman they love to moan about how badly off they are and how the world 'owes them a living'. They have a tendency to do this in the pubs that young adults can't afford to go to or on holidays that young adults can't quite stretch to.

I feel for them.

Returnofrros
01-08-2017, 08:58 PM
Almost to a man / woman they love to moan about how badly off they are and how the world 'owes them a living'. They have a tendency to do this in the pubs that young adults can't afford to go to or on holidays that young adults can't quite stretch to.

I feel for them.

Its such a small gap to narrow the adult concession at the football.

But people cant or wont see it. Baffles me.

Its bugged me for years now.

When they moved concession from 60 to 65 there wasn't an uprising, people accepted it.

P.s. The majority of objectors aren't pensioners themselves, spoke to two fairly prominent oap Dees on Sunday who agreed that it should be looked at.

Imagine what a difference to some it cud be if cup tics were £17 across the board instead of £20 & £12.

The admission price to dens this year was £22 & £19..... These things can be done to keep adult price or young adult price lower.

eric_sinclair
02-08-2017, 09:51 AM
Why no have it £20 across the board for over 21s for each game at home.Then you can play about with the others ie
Cat a 18-21 £10 under 18 £5
Cat b 18-21 £5 under 18 £1

billymorgan
02-08-2017, 09:58 AM
Its such a small gap to narrow the adult concession at the football.

But people cant or wont see it. Baffles me.

Its bugged me for years now.

When they moved concession from 60 to 65 there wasn't an uprising, people accepted it.

P.s. The majority of objectors aren't pensioners themselves, spoke to two fairly prominent oap Dees on Sunday who agreed that it should be looked at.

Imagine what a difference to some it cud be if cup tics were £17 across the board instead of £20 & £12.

The admission price to dens this year was £22 & £19..... These things can be done to keep adult price or young adult price lower.

I dunno why you keep greetin about this,it's not if Dundee FC are gonna change their policy anytime soon,just because some bitter and twisted anti grandad loonba nutjoab is in the cream puff because he has to pay a few extra quid more than the elderly ?

Returnofrros
02-08-2017, 10:54 AM
Why no have it £20 across the board for over 21s for each game at home.Then you can play about with the others ie
Cat a 18-21 £10 under 18 £5
Cat b 18-21 £5 under 18 £1

Open to any sensible suggestion.

When me and you started going it was 80p...i think....equivalent of £5 odds today if meh arithmetics right

Returnofrros
02-08-2017, 10:59 AM
I dunno why you keep greetin about this,it's not if Dundee FC are gonna change their policy anytime soon,just because some bitter and twisted anti grandad loonba nutjoab is in the cream puff because he has to pay a few extra quid more than the elderly ?

Em no greetin.

Why want they change policy?

I am fairly elderly.

Billy do me a wee favour. Your knowledge aboot this subject is at best iffy at worst non ****ing existent so away and irritate the dabs.

Returnofrros
02-08-2017, 11:00 AM
Oh forgot.....you ****ing loonjob��

eric_sinclair
02-08-2017, 11:16 AM
Open to any sensible suggestion.

When me and you started going it was 80p...i think....equivalent of £5 odds today if meh arithmetics right

Sneakee in bud,I wud just like to see us make fitba at dens more afordable,esp for families.We have in most games alot of empty seats does it not make sense to at least try and fill them?

jdfc
02-08-2017, 11:56 AM
I've said it before and will say it again, get the DFCSS to subsidise entry, that way more people can afford to go, and the money ends up where it was rightly intended, the club