PDA

View Full Version : Change in recruitment plans according to AK

blades58
27-07-2017, 06:37 AM
Apparently forced upon us by the emergence of a certain Mr Brooks

Attacking midfielder now no longer on the hit list

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-david-brooks-progress-prompts-a-recruitment-re-think-1-8670780

rodcurrie
27-07-2017, 07:02 AM

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-david-brooks-progress-prompts-a-recruitment-re-think-1-8670780I heard Knilly say this in a interview after the Stoke friendly mate,i'll be delighted and suprised if BROOKSY's still at BDBL by the end of this window.I think we should try and get him on a new 3year deal(minimum)but whether his agent would do that who knows. UTCB

GrayBlade
27-07-2017, 09:22 AM
Well we'll definitely need a decent attacking midfielder if Brooks goes, and we know happens if them big clubs come calling, so we'd better be prepared to tough it out for a change and put up the 'no sale till we've got a good replacement' notice.

Like I posted on another thread, the nightmare scenario would be for him to be sold on the last day or days of the window and leave us no time to get anybody decent in, wed be better off losing him now and then there can't be any excuses.

Sorry if this sounds a tad negative, but we've seen our best young prospects sold off in the windows year after year, and as I said to SBT, I'm still expecting a kick in the nuts. If the lad's sale enables us to bring in quality in time, so be it, but if he goes late on and we wheel out the well-worn 'we tried to get a replacement over the line but...' I'll set Rod on them!

GuancheBlade
27-07-2017, 09:26 AM
Wonderful, let's stop looking for another attacking midfielder...

Until McCabe flogs Brooks last minute of the transfer window, leaving us up s*** creek

tomytony
27-07-2017, 09:29 AM
Wonderful, let's stop looking for another attacking midfielder...

Until McCabe flogs Brooks last minute of the transfer window, leaving us up s*** creek

Now now Guancho, when's he ever undermined the manahger's plans in the past? :)

Holden_C
27-07-2017, 09:31 AM
Can I be the first to say this is clearly McCabe penny pinching, promoting this young lad to save a few quid on transfer fees and wages. Pulling the transfer rug from under Tuftys feet, making him very unhappy.
And with all that money he makes out of the club plus that £1.5m he gets in rent for OUR ground.
Don't get me started on Brayford or the hotel etc etc etc

Holden_C
27-07-2017, 09:33 AM
Well we'll definitely need a decent attacking midfielder if Brooks goes, and we know happens if them big clubs come calling, so we'd better be prepared to tough it out for a change and put up the 'no sale till we've got a good replacement' notice.

Like I posted on another thread, the nightmare scenario would be for him to be sold on the last day or days of the window and leave us no time to get anybody decent in, wed be better off losing him now and then there can't be any excuses.

Sorry if this sounds a tad negative, but we've seen our best young prospects sold off in the windows year after year, and as I said to SBT, I'm still expecting a kick in the nuts. If the lad's sale enables us to bring in quality in time, so be it, but if he goes late on and we wheel out the well-worn 'we tried to get a replacement over the line but...' I'll set Rod on them!

Rods a bigger clapper than me.

tomytony
27-07-2017, 09:36 AM
Can I be the first to say this is clearly McCabe penny pinching, promoting this young lad to save a few quid on transfer fees and wages. Pulling the transfer rug from under Tuftys feet, making him very unhappy.
And with all that money he makes out of the club plus that £1.5m he gets in rent for OUR ground.
Don't get me started on Brayford or the hotel etc etc etc

Personally I find some of that a tad extreme and just a little far fetched. :)

When you've got yourself into a mess you have to take actions to get out of it.

Twirlo70
27-07-2017, 09:36 AM

Sorry if this sounds a tad negative, but we've seen our best young prospects sold off in the windows year after year, and as I said to SBT, I'm still expecting a kick in the nuts. If the lad's sale enables us to bring in quality in time, so be it, but if he goes late on and we wheel out the well-worn 'we tried to get a replacement over the line but...' I'll set Rod on them!WE,d just get someone in on loan fella. simple

Holden_C
27-07-2017, 09:39 AM
Personally I find some of that a tad extreme and just a little far fetched. :)

When you've got yourself into a mess you have to take actions to get out of it.

I hope you aren't accusing me of exaggeration Mister. Thats never happened in the history of this board. Never.

:)

tomytony
27-07-2017, 09:41 AM
I hope you aren't accusing me of exaggeration Mister. Thats never happened in the history of this board. Never.

:)

Oh come on, we all remember Woodward & Len :)

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
27-07-2017, 09:49 AM

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-david-brooks-progress-prompts-a-recruitment-re-think-1-8670780
Such has been the 20-year-old’s rapid progress since that decision was announced, Knill revealed United have now postponed their search for an attacking midfielder ahead of the new Championship season, which begins when Brentford visit Bramall Lane next month.

And lets hope we are not left with just £'s in the bank,if another club comes a calling at the end of the transfer window,then we are shafted.

AceOfBlades
27-07-2017, 09:52 AM
wilder is a smart lad. Brooks wont get his first start til the first game in September, he knows McCabe wont resist so he wont advertise him early

tomytony
27-07-2017, 09:56 AM
wilder is a smart lad. Brooks wont get his first start til the first game in September, he knows McCabe wont resist so he wont advertise him early
I think that ship has already sailed AoB.

Clubs and scouting systems have access to all players worldwide and it's not as though Brooks has gone unnoticed over the past month or so is it?

Aed to that the fact that he'll have been on the radar of a few clubs and his recent performances will have sharpened the focus.

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
27-07-2017, 10:16 AM
B)

Holden_C
27-07-2017, 10:46 AM
I think that ship has already sailed AoB.

Clubs and scouting systems have access to all players worldwide and it's not as though Brooks has gone unnoticed over the past month or so is it?

Aed to that the fact that he'll have been on the radar of a few clubs and his recent performances will have sharpened the focus.

The only question now us if all these interested clubs match the valuations put forward by some Blades fans.

If there is genuine interest, big fee, season long loan, good sell on deal.

bulmer1889
27-07-2017, 10:48 AM
You don't even have to get off your arris now to scout him,I think we've got some kind of contract with SSN akin to someone selling their house and an estate agent,not that it matters everybody was aware of him before this summer,all that's happened since then is the joe bloggs footy fan has been made aware of him

Holden_C
27-07-2017, 10:53 AM
You don't even have to get off your arris now to scout him,I think we've got some kind of contract with SSN akin to someone selling their house and an estate agent,not that it matters everybody was aware of him before this summer,all that's happened since then is the joe bloggs footy fan has been made aware of him

Even that's too much of an effort. You read about him on a forum and put a valuation on him based on someone saying "Diego was the best thing I've ever read about but this boys apparently better"

£20 million McCabe grrr

BlockD
27-07-2017, 10:58 AM
Even that's too much of an effort. You read about him on a forum and put a valuation on him based on someone saying "Diego was the best thing I've ever read about but this boys apparently better"

£20 million McCabe grrr

Ah,Diego,i can remember the clamour to give the lad a new contract,Nigel Clough had insulted him with his contract offer and wanting him to work harder for the team,so we did give him a new contract,i think he played one League Cup game at Fulham

Holden_C
27-07-2017, 11:06 AM
Ah,Diego,i can remember the clamour to give the lad a new contract,Nigel Clough had insulted him with his contract offer and wanting him to work harder for the team,so we did give him a new contract,i think he played one League Cup game at Fulham

Meanwhile minstrels still sing songs about him and somewhere there's a shirt with his name on the back......

GrayBlade
27-07-2017, 11:08 AM
Rods a bigger clapper than me.
Rod's a bigger everything.

bulmer1889
27-07-2017, 11:09 AM
And a bloke on Facebook with his name for his handle XD

GrayBlade
27-07-2017, 11:11 AM
WE,d just get someone in on loan fella. simple

Ha yes simple, I don't know why I worry so much.

Kenworthy's Darts
27-07-2017, 01:00 PM
For him to command a huge fee we have to pay the wages commensurate with that.

You can't just slap a price on him and say pay that or else. We can NEGOTIATE a big price - that is not the same thing. That's how Charlton got so much for Lookman - though he had played 45 first team games for Charlton and 20 for England Youth.

rodcurrie
27-07-2017, 04:32 PM
Rod's a bigger everything.Bigger belly i'd wager defo Gray.:D UTCB

GrayBlade
27-07-2017, 05:23 PM
Bigger belly i'd wager defo Gray.:D UTCB

XD

rodcurrie
27-07-2017, 06:14 PM
Ah,Diego,i can remember the clamour to give the lad a new contract,Nigel Clough had insulted him with his contract offer and wanting him to work harder for the team,so we did give him a new contract,i think he played one League Cup game at Fulham I sincerely hope that BROOKSY dunt get a similar terrible injury that the first boy wonder suffered and goes on to have a wonderful career Blockmod.Have ya been to see that film yet? UTCB

BlockD
27-07-2017, 09:19 PM
I sincerely hope that BROOKSY dunt get a similar terrible injury that the first boy wonder suffered and goes on to have a wonderful career Blockmod.Have ya been to see that film yet? UTCB

Yes,marvellous it was,like you said