PDA

View Full Version : How many to Cov?

Wooderson
27-07-2017, 08:32 AM
Easy drive, cheap trains, (relatively) feelgood factor... I'll be optimistic and say between 1500-2000...

Proudpie
27-07-2017, 08:59 AM
Easy drive, cheap trains, (relatively) feelgood factor... I'll be optimistic and say between 1500-2000...

I am taking 2 with me in the car.

Steak n chips in Frankie and Benny's, pint, football - job done.

We should take 2000 but can't see it.

If we don't take at least 1000 it will be a very poor turnout given that our away following in a very bad season 2016/2017 was in the main very good for a club of our size.

With a bit of a feel good factor and some decent results we should be capable of taking around 500 to most away games (bar Exeter, Carlisle etc)

I shall be going to around 70% of the away games so that's 1.......

JoePass
27-07-2017, 09:35 AM

If we don't take at least 1000 it will be a very poor turnout given that our away following in a very bad season 2016/2017 was in the main very good for a club of our size.

With a bit of a feel good factor and some decent results we should be capable of taking around 500 to most away games (bar Exeter, Carlisle etc)

I shall be going to around 70% of the away games so that's 1.......

Myself and 2 mates driving there. Looking forward to a good win.

Frigiliana Pie 1
27-07-2017, 10:31 AM
I'll be there, but I'm not impressed with the train service between Coventry station and the station at the Ricoh (Coventry Arena). There's only about one train per hour and no extras on match days. If Notts fans are kept in for any length of time after the match, they'll miss the first train back to Coventry and have a long wait for the next one.

Looks like I'll be going by car and paying the £10 parking charge.

Proudpie
27-07-2017, 10:48 AM
I'll be there, but I'm not impressed with the train service between Coventry station and the station at the Ricoh (Coventry Arena). There's only about one train per hour and no extras on match days. If Notts fans are kept in for any length of time after the match, they'll miss the first train back to Coventry and have a long wait for the next one.

That's why I never go to Cov by train. Sadly it's a captive market so you have to pay the £10.00

I have never been kept in after the game, aren't those days over - well in L2 ?

I head off for the big car park across the road a few minutes before the end.

Wooderson
27-07-2017, 11:14 AM
Train to Ricoh Arena station is £20 return via Leicester and Nuneaton

LaxtonLad
27-07-2017, 11:30 AM
Scepticism has set in with many Notts fans after the first euphoric rush but I would say if AH signs up at least one "WOW" signing who is fit enough to play on the day (and does) then there may be 1,000 to 1,200. Add on another "WOW" player and there could be 1,500. To me though, we have only signed one bit of class so far, Grant, and he was half-expected anyway so I don't think anyone shouted WOW!

Elite_Pie
27-07-2017, 11:38 AM
That's why I never go to Cov by train. Sadly it's a captive market so you have to pay the £10.00.

There is a way to get round it, although they have upped the terms. Last time I went I parked in the big retail park right next door, where if you spent £20 in the shops there you got extended parking for free (2 hour limit on matchdays). Looks like the greedy buggers have now upped that to £50:

Match day and event parking
MATCH AND EVENT DAY CONDITIONS OF PARKING 2 HRS MAXIMUM STAY WITH NO RETURN UNLESS £50 OF PURCHASES FROM ARENA PARK RETAILERS.
Please retain receipts as proof of purchase for up to 14 DAYS. Unless you have shown your receipts to the Park Watch attendant on site and your registration has been noted by them or you have contacted Park Watch by email at info@parkwatch.co.uk or 01244 283 343.

Tesco have some good beer offers on at the moment, so stock up for Christmas!

CmonUSexyStylishPies
27-07-2017, 11:40 AM
1,500 - 1,800 which would be a decent enough turn out.

If we did make another Grant type signing then maybe 2,000+.

Proudpie
27-07-2017, 12:01 PM
1,500 - 1,800 which would be a decent enough turn out.

If we did make another Grant type signing then maybe 2,000+.

I suspect we will have less than 1000 there which would be pretty poor.

BigFatPie
27-07-2017, 12:17 PM
Haven't we won on pretty much every visit to the Ricoh? I'd say 1500, first day of the season so should be half decent before the actual despair sets in.

Someone should organise a league for this scores/crowd thing, first prize 1 night at Soccerman's Spanish villa, 2nd prize 2 nights etc etc.

nay123
27-07-2017, 12:21 PM

I shall be going to around 70% of the away games so that's 1.......it's still a crap defense 700 tops.

Proudpie
27-07-2017, 12:30 PM
it's still a crap defense 700 tops.

Stags, Grimsby, Lincoln, Luton would probably all take at least 700 so anything less than 1000 or maybe 700 is a poor show for the first day of the new season.

Bohinen
27-07-2017, 04:35 PM
Anyone who doesn't go should be visited. We know where you live.

i961pie
27-07-2017, 06:24 PM
Anyone who doesn't go should be visited. We know where you live.

Well, Andy in Canada, Vlad in Russia, Queeny in Oz and me in NZ at the moment won't be there so good luck with the cost of your air fares;D

hucknallglynnbob
27-07-2017, 07:02 PM
There is a way to get round it, although they have upped the terms. Last time I went I parked in the big retail park right next door, where if you spent £20 in the shops there you got extended parking for free (2 hour limit on matchdays). Looks like the greedy buggers have now upped that to £50:

Match day and event parking
MATCH AND EVENT DAY CONDITIONS OF PARKING 2 HRS MAXIMUM STAY WITH NO RETURN UNLESS £50 OF PURCHASES FROM ARENA PARK RETAILERS.
Please retain receipts as proof of purchase for up to 14 DAYS. Unless you have shown your receipts to the Park Watch attendant on site and your registration has been noted by them or you have contacted Park Watch by email at info@parkwatch.co.uk or 01244 283 343.

Tesco have some good beer offers on at the moment, so stock up for Christmas!

didn't think Tesco sold Worthington 'e' elite ????

Elite_Pie
27-07-2017, 07:10 PM
didn't think Tesco sold Worthington 'e' elite ????

I didn't think so either, but if you sneak round the back and grovel in the bin you can still find a can or two.

It's all 'best before 1993', but I have a strong stomach.

queenslandpie
27-07-2017, 07:13 PM
Well, Andy in Canada, Vlad in Russia, Queeny in Oz and me in NZ at the moment won't be there so good luck with the cost of your air fares;D

I had my fill in marvelous March. Notts have not lost a competitive game I have attended in 14 years sretching back to a win over Boston under Steve Thompson. Not a bad record. I am the GOOD OMEN! If we make it to the play offs I'll come back for those again, squeeze a business trip in. Tax deductable Notts games are always a good thing.

jurgenpie
28-07-2017, 08:35 AM

Parking is only £4 if you use the Official Offsite Ricoh parking, I've just booked online and printed the ticket, its called "Christ the King" - https://www.ricoharenaparking.co.uk/events/details/161

navypie
28-07-2017, 04:17 PM

And me in Switzerland !

SmiffyPie
28-07-2017, 07:18 PM
It would appear that people have lost the ability of parking a mile or so away and actually walking!! (Unless of course you are unable to walk (gently caresses the PC button)).

Elite_Pie
28-07-2017, 10:03 PM
It would appear that people have lost the ability of parking a mile or so away and actually walking!!

Still under negotiation whether I'll be there, but parking for free and walking a mile would be my preferred option. Paying extortionate sums to park a car for 3 hours is one of my pet hates. One of my daughters went to Uni at Coventry so I know the city quite well.

Wooderson
01-08-2017, 08:40 AM
I suspect we will have less than 1000 there which would be pretty poor.

800 sold already so I would guess it's going to be more than that

Frigiliana Pie 1
01-08-2017, 04:23 PM
OS now says the initial allocation of 1000 has been sold out and Notts have asked Coventry for another 500.

ancientpie
01-08-2017, 05:21 PM
OS now says the initial allocation of 1000 has been sold out and Notts have asked Coventry for another 500.

Travelling on my tod on the official coach & would expect around 1,500 for the first game & short journey, does anyone know of a decent pub (if we arrive there early enough) & whether there is any smoking allowed in the ground?

JoePass
01-08-2017, 05:42 PM
Travelling on my tod on the official coach & would expect around 1,500 for the first game & short journey, does anyone know of a decent pub (if we arrive there early enough) & whether there is any smoking allowed in the ground?

All smoking should be banned.

ancientpie
02-08-2017, 04:15 PM
All smoking should be banned.

Yaaawwwn,change the record & keep on topic.

DelroyFacey22
02-08-2017, 04:30 PM
When is there ever any smoking allowed inside a football ground in England?

JoePass
02-08-2017, 04:42 PM
Haven't we won on pretty much every visit to the Ricoh? I'd say 1500, first day of the season so should be half decent before the actual despair sets in.

Someone should organise a league for this scores/crowd thing, first prize 1 night at Soccerman's Spanish villa, 2nd prize 2 nights etc etc.

Don't forget the terms and conditions of the stay, only females between the ages of 20 and 25 allowed.:P

ancientpie
02-08-2017, 04:50 PM
When is there ever any smoking allowed inside a football ground in England?

You don't attend home games then Del ? some if not most grounds including our own now have "smoking areas" if not they often open the gates at HT, thankfully most people are not as blinkered as JP & know that for many a smoke is part of the matchday experience in the same way as getting pissed & letting smokebombs is for others, I don't agree with the latter 2 but appreciate that we all differ.

Wooderson
03-08-2017, 12:51 PM
1300 sold now - fantastic effort so far

Elite_Pie
03-08-2017, 06:30 PM
1300 sold now - fantastic effort so far

Have to agree, if we get anywhere near 1,500 on the day it will be a brilliant turnout. To put a bit of context on that number it will equate to something close to 30% of our average home fan attendance. That would mean 6,000 from Forest or 9,000 from Derby. Even if that many tickets were available I doubt either club would sell them all. When you consider our pre-season has hardly been inspirational and that most of us are supposed to need zimmer frames, those are pretty impressive numbers.

Wooderson
04-08-2017, 05:37 PM
Have to agree, if we get anywhere near 1,500 on the day it will be a brilliant turnout. To put a bit of context on that number it will equate to something close to 30% of our average home fan attendance. That would mean 6,000 from Forest or 9,000 from Derby. Even if that many tickets were available I doubt either club would sell them all. When you consider our pre-season has hardly been inspirational and that most of us are supposed to need zimmer frames, those are pretty impressive numbers.

All 1500 advance tickets gone

ancientpie
04-08-2017, 06:09 PM
All 1500 advance tickets gone

That's a great following,approx 50% of our ST holders so the equivalent of Forest taking 9,000 & although pay on the day costs a few quid more it is available & many leave it until the last minute so there could be more,see you there. COYP.