PDA

View Full Version : Nahki Wells

animallittle3
27-07-2017, 10:16 AM
Reading offering £10 million for him if this report is accurate .

Unbelievable , he's alright but £10 million , your havin a giraffe .

I know I get frustrated with our predicament at times but it puts into perspective just what we are up against in this league .

A working championship striker at best , jeez the games fecking mental .

https://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/2017/7/26/16037740/reading-fc-move-huddersfield-town-nahki-wells-jaap-stam

POGGYWELL
27-07-2017, 10:41 AM
Reading offering £10 million for him if this report is accurate .

Unbelievable , he's alright but £10 million , your havin a giraffe .

I know I get frustrated with our predicament at times but it puts into perspective just what we are up against in this league .

A working championship striker at best , jeez the games fecking mental .

https://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/2017/7/26/16037740/reading-fc-move-huddersfield-town-nahki-wells-jaap-stam

Decent player on his day but can be frustratingly lazy reminds me of Jacob Mellis when he's in that mode.
£10m I reckon £1m would be a big gamble for little Barnsley even if we could afford his wages.

Also quoting £7m for Ashley Fletcher Crazy! I'm happy to stick with the plan.

animallittle3
27-07-2017, 11:11 AM
So for an outlay of £17 million you'd end up with a striker who gets you 10 goals in a season and a kid unproven above league one .

Clown trousers .

anstonred
27-07-2017, 12:07 PM
The football world has gone mad! Other clubs seem to have too much money to make sound, intelligent decisions! Fletcher became excellent for us but £7 mill is daft at this stage - Wells for £10 mill? It really is madness

Acido
27-07-2017, 01:14 PM
Reading offering £10 million for him if this report is accurate. Unbelievable, he's alright but £10 million, your havin a giraffe.
I know I get frustrated with our predicament at times but it puts into perspective just what we are up against in this league. A working championship striker at best, jeez the games fecking mental.

Now this is what the Premier League & Sky sports have done to the game, its a frikkin disgrace isn't it. The transfer market has got so ridiculous in this country and it makes me wonder whether we're wasting our time trying to compete at this level with teams who can and do offer this sort of money.
This division used to be our rightful home of course but it doesn't feel like that anymore. In fact theres a constant 'your not welcome here' vibe towards clubs like us, Rotherham, Preston, Brentford, and now Burton as well.

pass_and_move
27-07-2017, 03:06 PM
The positive out of this lunacy is that should any of our players (who are currently on 3 year contracts) laik well this season, then this sort of money may be heading our way.

Judging by the fees being paid lately, sammy and conor, the pair should a gone for around 15 million If they'd signed new contracts offered at the start of last season. Still, the joy they both gave me and many others was priceless