PDA

View Full Version : Getting a few in

vikingwarriorking
27-07-2017, 11:45 AM
So says TP but something is surely wrong with our set up.

Our scouting & recruitment is pathetic & the time we take- Charlie Taylor for example- is laughable
We chase Gibson- 1 year in Prem & relegated for £25m, talk of Smalling , Delph, Carvalho but no action- our budget would get 2 of these 3.

Then Gibbs- manager does not want him.. no talk of another LB - jeez how long have we been looking?
We can't even get B/mouth loanee over the line- Wilson for £1m- chicken feed in today's Premiership.

It is the same every close season and whoever we get now- won't be fit by TP standards for 2 months minimum.
TP says we feed off scraps but those 3 above would add to our chances & we could get 2 out of 3- a good start?

There is a severe dislocation between TP, Williams, Hammond and that ain't good
Still I have rescued something from the shambles- 6 to 1 for relegation- nailed on sad to say

Albionic68
27-07-2017, 12:11 PM
Usual chirpy self I see.

Glad that pre season hasn't left you feeling too down thus far.

The human spirit is a truly wonderful thing, indomitable even.

Outstanding stuff sir B) .

Leicesterbaggie
27-07-2017, 12:46 PM
Usual chirpy self I see.

Glad that pre season hasn't left you feeling too down thus far.

The human spirit is a truly wonderful thing, indomitable even.jh

Outstanding stuff sir B) .

Unfortunately, I can understand viking's sentiments. While I am hoping for the best, I am concerned regarding our transfer activity or should I say, lack of it. As he states, how long have we been looking for a left back? £5 million for Taylor would hardly break the bank would it? I'm afraid that there has to be something wrong with the way we do business. It baffles me.

Albionic68
27-07-2017, 01:35 PM
When the new owners took over it was clearly stated they intended to run things in a similar way to JP.

Carefully, arguably to the point of parsimony, but clearly within its means and at it's own pace.

I know it can be frustrating, and I'm not saying we don't need new players.

But what baffles me is how baffled supporters appear to be now the new owners are (currently) running things in exactly the manner they said they would.

I also find it funny/ironic that a poster with a stirring user name such as 'Viking Warrior King', gets in such a lather and forecasts doom at each and every opportunity :) .

TipperaryBaggie
27-07-2017, 02:10 PM
Possibly because he is a realist not a dreamer.

wbatillidie
27-07-2017, 02:31 PM

As Albionic says it's Albion business as usual, dreamers that's for those who actually thought our chinky would spend mega bucks when peace departed.

Relax folks it's the Albion after all.

Leicesterbaggie
27-07-2017, 04:12 PM
I fully understand all the comments made regarding not splashing cash in a 'cavalier manner' but come on, does it take three seasons to invest in a natural left sided full back?

Albionic68
27-07-2017, 04:35 PM
I fully understand all the comments made regarding not splashing cash in a 'cavalier manner' but come on, does it take three seasons to invest in a natural left sided full back?

Yes it does/has in my opinion taken too long for us to sign a natural left sided full back.

Clearly it should not have done.

Equally the board and TP could counter by stating we haven't done too badly by making do.

Do I think we should still be 'making do'?

No I do not.

Do I think we'd go down purely on the basis of not signing one before the season begins?

No I do not as previous history may suggest otherwise.

Is there a chance we could go down even with a natural left sided left back?

Of course there is, as suggested by previous relegations.

Would I panic if we struggled and ultimately went down?

No I would not, equally such a scenario would fill me with neither happiness nor the joys of spring :) .

Albionic68
27-07-2017, 04:45 PM

Realism and pessimism are very closely entwined.

Problem with realism and pessimism is they can make for a highly negative and miserable outlook.

If your horizons are frequently obscured by dissatisfaction or you sit under a cloud of constant darkness then you'll never see the sun :) .

Nothing wrong with being a dreamer, just so long as you are aware your dreams will not always come to fruition.

Good day Grasshopper B) ;D .