PDA

View Full Version : Levy...have to agree with him.

Dubbag
27-07-2017, 03:36 PM
While they have a good squad....I tend to agree with his sentiments on the transfer market.....I just hope I am around when it goes pop!!
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40722879

Let me say up front that I know there are many of us who believe we should be spending big and all that but I am not convinced you get what you pay for. Too many freeloaders in the game today and while we may very well struggle again this year, I at least think we are honest, regardless of weather you think our football is brutal or dire. The idea of spending big for ordinary players is against my own justification.
So while I am not overly hopefully for some big signings....I hope we get a chance to get somebody in who still loves playing the game and has something to prove.....if so....then The Albion is for you....:)

BaggieBlood
27-07-2017, 03:44 PM
I read this yesterday.

Levy is a JP lookalike p rick.

High prices didn't stop him banking £45m for Walker and £86m for Bale.

He likes to get high prices and pay peanuts, like the bambino episode showed us.

Johnny on the spot 1
27-07-2017, 05:43 PM
While they have a good squad....I tend to agree with his sentiments on the transfer market.....I just hope I am around when it goes pop!!
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40722879

Let me say up front that I know there are many of us who believe we should be spending big and all that but I am not convinced you get what you pay for. Too many freeloaders in the game today and while we may very well struggle again this year, I at least think we are honest, regardless of weather you think our football is brutal or dire. The idea of spending big for ordinary players is against my own justification.
So while I am not overly hopefully for some big signings....I hope we get a chance to get somebody in who still loves playing the game and has something to prove.....if so....then The Albion is for you....:)

I read it to & have to agree Dub , he's obviously a very shrewd business man as was JP as Blood says in his post a p rick may be but a very rich & successful p rick !

holmleighchris
28-07-2017, 05:39 AM
A wealthy businessman buys a club for one of two reasons. Either as an expensive play thing or to make money. We have the latter. He's done his sums and decided how much can be laid out whilst leaving him a tasty profit.He appears to have taken everything into account bar the cost of relegation.

Yarmbaggie
28-07-2017, 07:00 AM
A wealthy businessman buys a club for one of two reasons. Either as an expensive play thing or to make money. We have the latter. He's done his sums and decided how much can be laid out whilst leaving him a tasty profit.He appears to have taken everything into account bar the cost of relegation.

Agree with most of what you say except I am hoping that you are wrong on the last point.

This cost of relegation should be the main risk factor to his business. The strengths of this model, I.e. large profits to the owner only come if we are in the PL. I am sure that our Chairman is well aware of this.

Despite my real concerns at the lack of transfer activity to date, this is the one crumb of comfort I have at the moment. Surely as a successful businessman he will get the level of investment right to make sure we stay up and in return he gets the profit he wants.

Even TP will not keep us up with this current squad.

BaggieBlood
28-07-2017, 02:46 PM
The business plan appears obvious to me, like I said before he'll want to bank at least £10m for himself each year, whilst trying to increase our exposure and profits from the Chinese market.

This can be seen by him buying the Chinese striker and loaning him to bremen.

If he manages to get our profile increased in china, the resultant shirt sales and advertising deals would overshadow any money we get from tv money imo.

That in turn may allow him to spend more on players/infrastructure.

I think he would splash out big in jan if we were in risk of relegation, because he'd lose a lot of money and our media exposure in china would go down too, as well as us.

Until then he'll follow the Peace plan, invest as little as possible to maintain the level of income we get anyway from tv.