PDA

View Full Version : Ross fitzsimmons

ianhomersimpson
27-07-2017, 04:45 PM
Signs contract with the super notts

tarquinbeech
27-07-2017, 05:06 PM
Signs contract with the super notts

I cannot see anything on Twitter or the Official site................I found a Ross Fitzsimons playing as the Chelmsford goalie.....is this the one?

irish_pie
27-07-2017, 05:09 PM
I cannot see anything on Twitter or the Official site................I found a Ross Fitzsimons playing as the Chelmsford goalie.....is this the one?

I found the same one..... a goalkeeper in finally

countygump
27-07-2017, 05:13 PM
I found the same one..... a goalkeeper in finally

Have we seen him pre season or is he a newb???

ianhomersimpson
27-07-2017, 05:19 PM
As far as I know he's been in trial with notts

ianhomersimpson
27-07-2017, 05:19 PM
Tweeted by Ross himself

countygump
27-07-2017, 05:29 PM
Tweeted by Ross himself

Tweet deleted.

Steward
27-07-2017, 05:31 PM
He's played in the friendlies, not had much to do, to form any opinions so welcome to the Lane Ross.

Notts78
27-07-2017, 05:34 PM
There were a few keepers warming up at the Forest game..one chap looked decent, good with crosses, safe handling and decent distribution... hope it was this fella as it was not Collin

countygump
27-07-2017, 05:37 PM
There were a few keepers warming up at the Forest game..one chap looked decent, good with crosses, safe handling and decent distribution... hope it was this fella as it was not Collin

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2017/july/ross-fitzsimons-signs/

irish_pie
27-07-2017, 05:38 PM
Have we seen him pre season or is he a newb???

A friend of mine is a Bolton fan and I was just talking to him about the chap... he was very surprised he never got a decent run in the team and said hes a cracking shot stopper and decent under the high ball and still only 23... that's about it gumpy sir...

Freeman25
27-07-2017, 05:41 PM
So erm... When are we making the wow signings? Or spending the money we were supposedly willing to spend on Noble?

(Not to be negative towards this signing specifically, I actually think Adam Collin is perfectly good enough for this level and don't see the need to bring in a better keeper than him or spend a lot on a backup)

keldsyke
27-07-2017, 05:54 PM
So erm... When are we making the wow signings? Or spending the money we were supposedly willing to spend on Noble?

We are a league 2 club that just escaped from relegation 3 months ago, it's all relative.

It sounds like a group of supporters are waiting already to turn on AH and KN given the chance,

CmonUSexyStylishPies
27-07-2017, 06:04 PM
We are a league 2 club that just escaped from relegation 3 months ago.

This hasn't been posted for at least 24 hours. Thanks for the update as I'd nearly forgotten.

irish_pie
27-07-2017, 06:04 PM

(Not to be negative towards this signing specifically, I actually think Adam Collin is perfectly good enough for this level and don't see the need to bring in a better keeper than him or spend a lot on a backup)

To be honest Freeman Mansfield made quite a few wow signings and got hammered by Florist the other day.... we showed plenty against Forest and Wigan to make me quietly confident coming into the new season, of course it would be great to have a big signing before next weekend but I trust in KN that he knows what is needed now.

Freeman25
27-07-2017, 06:05 PM
We are a league 2 club that just escaped from relegation 3 months ago, it's all relative.

It sounds like a group of supporters are waiting already to turn on AH and KN given the chance,

I wouldn't expect wow signings if I wasn't told to expect wow signings. And the Liam Noble thing either means that Forest Green were correct in saying we didn't offer as much as we claimed to have done or that we have a wad of cash sitting there while we sign almost complete unknowns that we've had on trial.

I don't think we're far away but we still need at least another GOOD centre back and we desperately need another striker, Alan Smith shouldn't still be spending any time upfront this late in pre season imo.

keldsyke
27-07-2017, 06:14 PM
Who cares if we have money to spend or not, if we have it doesn't mean we have to spend it, I'd rather have a solid squad for league 2. To be honest it doesn't matter what you or I think, ultimately it's down to KN, and if he's happy with what we have then so am I, one things for sure he's more qualified to give an opinion than me or you. I think it's all about man management, and what I've seen so far he's pretty good at it.

i961pie
27-07-2017, 06:16 PM

I'd like to see a better keeper than him, you build from the back.

Freeman25
27-07-2017, 06:33 PM
one things for sure he's more qualified to give an opinion than me or you.

Why? I'd put decent money on me having watched more of Haydn Hollis than Kevin Nolan has. Just because someone is the manager doesn't automatically make their opinion right imo. And before the "he gets to watch him in training every day" argument... Karl Hawley was apparently a world beater in training, how they perform on a saturday at 3pm holds a lot more weight in how good a player is to me.

countygump
27-07-2017, 06:36 PM
I wouldn't expect wow signings if I wasn't told to expect wow signings. And the Liam Noble thing either means that Forest Green were correct in saying we didn't offer as much as we claimed to have done or that we have a wad of cash sitting there while we sign almost complete unknowns that we've had on trial.

I don't think we're far away but we still need at least another GOOD centre back and we desperately need another striker, Alan Smith shouldn't still be spending any time on a footy pitch, ever again, imo.

This, (with corrections).

Elite_Pie
27-07-2017, 06:41 PM
Why? I'd put decent money on me having watched more of Haydn Hollis than Kevin Nolan has. Just because someone is the manager doesn't automatically make their opinion right imo. And before the "he gets to watch him in training every day" argument... Karl Hawley was apparently a world beater in training, how they perform on a saturday at 3pm holds a lot more weight in how good a player is to me.

All I can say to that is to state that your view of Stanley Aborah was in the 'wasted genius' camp. Forgive me for having just a little bit more respect for Kevin Nolan's opinion.

keldsyke
27-07-2017, 07:05 PM

So, can you explain the performances of certain players under Sheridan and then Nolan?

jacobncfc
27-07-2017, 07:22 PM

Maybe there isn't anyone out there that we can convince to join us who we think is worth £100k? Maybe we used some of it on wages to convince Brisley to leave Carlisle? Maybe we used some as a sweetener to convince Forest to allow Grant back out on loan?

We're shaping up alright, no need to spend just because the money is there.

Freeman25
27-07-2017, 07:45 PM
All I can say to that is to state that your view of Stanley Aborah was in the 'wasted genius' camp. Forgive me for having just a little bit more respect for Kevin Nolan's opinion.

What? Even the fans that didn't like Aborah would agree that he had more talent than most other players his attitude was just sh*t. I don't remember many fans questioning his actual ability other than you...

So, can you explain the performances of certain players under Sheridan and then Nolan?

Why do i need to? I didn't question his man management ability or the results he achieved.

keldsyke
27-07-2017, 07:53 PM
Why do i need to? I didn't question his man management ability or the results he achieved.

That's the point, KN must have faith in what he has in the squad to get the best out of them to do a job.

Elite_Pie
27-07-2017, 08:00 PM
What? Even the fans that didn't like Aborah would agree that he had more talent than most other players his attitude was just sh*t. I don't remember many fans questioning his actual ability other than you...

Bloody hell, I think I've written enough words on Mr Aborah on here for my thoughts to be clear by now. I've always said he has great technical ability and excellent close control, but that his contribution to the team overall was minimal. As a pre-match entertainment ball juggler he would be impressive, but put him on the pitch and he's a waste of a shirt.

SmiffyPie
27-07-2017, 09:15 PM

It sounds like a group of supporters are waiting already to turn on AH and KN given the chance,If last season has any bearing at all on this coming season it should be as an indicator that we need to strengthen. So far the signings have been 6/10 on the WOW scale but I am sure KN knows where he wants to go with the squad. Mentioning last seasons failure is defeatist and has no relevance on this season.

marshall55
28-07-2017, 09:33 AM
maybe the 100k was used to purchase Ilson.

IlkestonMagpie
28-07-2017, 12:56 PM
maybe the 100k was used to purchase Ilson.

I think you are probably spot on.

This has been my concern when it all broke in the news that Mr Hardy was interested in Ilkeston Town, we know how things panned out when Ray Trew got involved with the Rugby Club and the Lady Pies, the investment involved with these was at the detriment of our football club and we don't want any new distractions which may dilute the investment and progression of Notts County IMO

Bohinen
28-07-2017, 01:03 PM
This, (with corrections).

Yeah, that, but also, we still need a Liam Noble type of player. that's why we were trying to buy him.

I reckon £100k up front or maybe as the second offer would have been accepted, people don't like offers in dribs and drabs. It's like making a derisory offer for a house, you have to pitch at least somewhere near the asking price.

People might say he wasn't worth the money, but what's the cost of not having him?

Bridg4d_Pie_
28-07-2017, 01:25 PM

Correct same krap different day, if these so called critics were as good as they would want us to believe they are, how come they have not managed to make a living out of football.

Bridg4d_Pie_
28-07-2017, 01:32 PM
Bloody hell, I think I've written enough words on Mr Aborah on here for my thoughts to be clear by now. I've always said he has great technical ability and excellent close control, but that his contribution to the team overall was minimal. As a pre-match entertainment ball juggler he would be impressive, but put him on the pitch and he's a waste of a shirt.

For me it's quite simple Stanley wasn't fit to clean Masons boots. FACT !!!!!!

CmonUSexyStylishPies
28-07-2017, 02:42 PM
For me it's quite simple Stanley wasn't fit to clean Masons boots. FACT !!!!!!

*Masson.

ancientpie
28-07-2017, 04:23 PM

So judging by this post you actually agree with most of us & Mr Aborah was in the "wasted genius" camp ?

DelroyFacey22
28-07-2017, 04:30 PM
So judging by this post you actually agree with most of us & Mr Aborah was in the "wasted genius" camp ?

Game, blouses.

Elite_Pie
28-07-2017, 05:03 PM

Possibly, though it would be 99% waste, 1% genius.

SmiffyPie
28-07-2017, 06:17 PM
*masson.Fact!

i961pie
28-07-2017, 07:22 PM
Yeah, that, but also, we still need a Liam Noble type of player. that's why we were trying to buy him.

I reckon £100k up front or maybe as the second offer would have been accepted, people don't like offers in dribs and drabs. It's like making a derisory offer for a house, you have to pitch at least somewhere near the asking price.

People might say he wasn't worth the money, but what's the cost of not having him?

We need a Liam Noble TYPE of player but not Liam Noble.-imo.