PDA

View Full Version : Derby legends interviews

Arab 8010
28-07-2017, 08:11 AM
On radio tay Keith Wright said scoring 3 v utd is one of the highlights of his career.

Next up Alex Smith said he lost his 1st derby and dundee celebrated like they'd won the scottish cup. How the **** does any dundee player or fan know what it's like to win the scottish cup?????

GFLower
28-07-2017, 08:38 AM
So the highlight of a barren career supporting the Fun, winning against United.

Nae real trophy wins for the trophy virgins that they can remember of unless they are around 50 or so.

RAM1971
28-07-2017, 09:42 AM
On radio tay Keith Wright said scoring 3 v utd is one of the highlights of his career.

Next up Alex Smith said he lost his 1st derby and dundee celebrated like they'd won the scottish cup. How the **** does any dundee player or fan know what it's like to win the scottish cup?????

The personal sentiments are obviously alien to them unless they have been getting birthday telegrams from the Queen for quite a number of years. However, in fairness to them they can very easily make 'comparison' studies, e.g. comparing seeing the Dundee players celebrating after beating United with watching other teams (on the telly) celebrating after winning the Scottish Cup. In addition, those Dundee fans about to enter their dotage, or older, do have a 1973 Scottish League Cup win from which to assess a comparison, it being classed as a major Scottish Football honour. That one of course is a double edged sword. It marks the 'end' of Dundee FC's major honours successes and begins the tenure of what became the 'Big Team' in Dundee, for the following year United reached their first ever major honours final, the Scottish Cup, and although resoundingly beaten by Celtic, it was the first step in the Golden era. Senior Football in Dundee is mainly about ancient and modern history. Our successes began when Dundee FC's ended. I can remember the transition well, which proves I am about to enter my dotage, BUT, I remember it with a clarity that suggests I still have possession of my marbles. I understand that some posters will have opposing opinions about that latter remark!

RAM1971
28-07-2017, 09:55 AM
So the highlight of a barren career supporting the Fun, winning against United.

Nae real trophy wins for the trophy virgins that they can remember of unless they are around 50 or so.

The only way to make them see sense is to descend to their level. They are limited to two goals in life, beating United (irrespective of the importance of the game) and rejoicing in their two modern day Fizzy Cup wins. If we are to engage with them in any meaningful debate, then it must be on their terms of 'meaningful' which is as aforesaid. This is why we 'must' beat them on Sunday AND why we must do a League Cup and win the Fizzy for the second (successive) year. They lead 2-1 on Fizzy wins and (from their perspective) this means everything to them. How could it be otherwise? We could win the Championship, the Scottish and League Cups this year, but from a Fun standpoint this is all meaningless, it will all be about they have won the Fizzy more than us. We must put that factor to the sword this year (from a Fun standpoint) and if normal Derby service is resumed, then as the Tremeloes used to sing.... 'Silence is Golden!'

SmedDUm
28-07-2017, 10:03 AM
The Massacre of 65 was the turning of the tide.
And I wiz there.

:)

djh1711
28-07-2017, 10:50 AM
The Massacre of 65 was the turning of the tide.
And I wiz there.

:)
The doon derby was the turning of the tide i wiz there, not many Arabs were though!

JoePearson
28-07-2017, 11:23 AM
The doon derby was the turning of the tide i wiz there, not many Arabs were though!

The turning of the tide. 😂😂😂

Sutherland Arab
28-07-2017, 11:26 AM

;D
Deeluded

_JohnGotti_
28-07-2017, 11:27 AM
The only way to make them see sense is to descend to their level. They are limited to two goals in life, beating United (irrespective of the importance of the game) and rejoicing in their two modern day Fizzy Cup wins. If we are to engage with them in any meaningful debate, then it must be on their terms of 'meaningful' which is as aforesaid. This is why we 'must' beat them on Sunday AND why we must do a League Cup and win the Fizzy for the second (successive) year. They lead 2-1 on Fizzy wins and (from their perspective) this means everything to them. How could it be otherwise? We could win the Championship, the Scottish and League Cups this year, but from a Fun standpoint this is all meaningless, it will all be about they have won the Fizzy more than us. We must put that factor to the sword this year (from a Fun standpoint) and if normal Derby service is resumed, then as the Tremeloes used to sing.... 'Silence is Golden!'
Eh Dinnae ken anyone who cares we've won the fizzy mair than you. Not one

SmedDUm
28-07-2017, 12:32 PM

We've been it in twice and beat on pens in 1st final & won 2nd final.
Fun have had fun winning it twice in about 37 fun attempts.
Such Fun.
Just Fun.
Nothing but Fun.
Fun all the way.
Non-stop Fun.

JamesMcClean
28-07-2017, 01:16 PM
We've been it in twice and beat on pens in 1st final & won 2nd final.
Fun have had fun winning it twice in about 37 fun attempts.
Such Fun.
Just Fun.
Nothing but Fun.
Fun all the way.
Non-stop Fun.

I'd rather we had zero wins from zero attempts to be fair Smed.

RAM1971
28-07-2017, 02:25 PM

So it's only one goal in life.........to beat United? That in itself tells you the 2-1 advantage in winning the Fizzy is far from without meaning!

shedka
28-07-2017, 05:30 PM
The turning of the tide. 😂😂😂

Last final? ❎ Last semi final? ❎ Been good top flight side? ❎

No scrambled about the bottom losing more games than anyone else last season, how impressive, they really have shown us 😂

ianharab
28-07-2017, 05:51 PM
Bit premature djh , another few seasons with us in the championship and you might have a point , also lost count o the amount o derbys your fans vanished like snow aff a dyke

djh1711
28-07-2017, 06:48 PM
Bit premature djh , another few seasons with us in the championship and you might have a point , also lost count o the amount o derbys your fans vanished like snow aff a dyke

As a Dundee fan you learn to appreciate these small victories! If United dont make it back this time that could be it for while! How long can they keep overspending, sacking managers and having to rebuild for a title push before the budget gets impacted and you end up being a top of table championship club also ran!

shedka
28-07-2017, 06:51 PM
Keep dreaming djh

Latest funny funster quote...
"Can't wait to show them who the big team in the city is. DOON."

Season tickets sold - 3,200

djh1711
28-07-2017, 07:00 PM
Keep dreaming djh

Latest funny funster quote...
"Can't wait to show them who the big team in the city is. DOON."

Season tickets sold - 3,200

So are you saying the above could never happen??

Aye cause selling more season tickets than Dundee and every other team in the championship helped you gain promotion, oh wait.......

shedka
28-07-2017, 07:13 PM
You'll know all about that

We were 45 mins away though, anything can happen so I'm not saying that, it's just unlikely, we are a bigger club than Dundee so it's less likely to happen to us than yourselves , Dundee could be relegated in that time if we did stay down as you hope and end up down for years (again), more likely, we are about to spend the 3rd season in my life out of the top flight, you lot have spent half my life out of it

djh1711
28-07-2017, 07:28 PM
You'll know all about that

We were 45 mins away though, anything can happen so I'm not saying that, it's just unlikely, we are a bigger club than Dundee so it's less likely to happen to us than yourselves , Dundee could be relegated in that time if we did stay down as you hope and end up down for years (again), more likely, we are about to spend the 3rd season in my life out of the top flight, you lot have spent half my life out of it

Its the hope that kills you!!

RAM1971
28-07-2017, 08:35 PM
For a short period in the game against Cowdenbeath, they scored more goals than Dundee United. In a broader sense Dundee FC are that Cowdenbeath. A temporary blip over the course of the whole game. It happens!

ianharab
28-07-2017, 08:47 PM
I take your point 're- small victories lol , for the rest , only time will tell

ahlltanyirhide
29-07-2017, 01:03 AM
So are you saying the above could never happen??

Aye cause selling more season tickets than Dundee and every other team in the championship helped you gain promotion, oh wait.......

Typical fan of a sleeping giant football club spouting inaccuracies, Hibs sold almost three times as many as we did last season

FTD4life

djh1711
29-07-2017, 03:33 AM
Typical fan of a sleeping giant football club spouting inaccuracies, Hibs sold almost three times as many as we did last season

FTD4life

That would be a valid point if there was only 1 promotion spot!