PDA

View Full Version : If offered 20 million...

Rev72
28-07-2017, 08:28 AM
For Chris Wood should we take it?

Tichi1
28-07-2017, 08:37 AM
For Chris Wood should we take it?

Not unless we have a top replacement lined up...which is most unlikely.
If we where going to sell him we should have done so in June - giving plenty of time to sort out a quality replacement. Lets just hope last season wasn't a flash in the pan eh?O:)

joellufcprice
28-07-2017, 11:13 AM
I'd snap someones hand off, but only if we had an adequate proven goalscorer in his place which seems unlikely at this point so it would be an unnecessary gamble.

lasher
28-07-2017, 11:18 AM
I rate Woody but 20 million would be worth thinking about. However like the others have said it's the wrong time to sell. So it's a no from me.

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
28-07-2017, 11:20 AM
Who would replace him? Would have to be the top scorer in a division the equivalent of ours at least I reckon

CromerWhite
28-07-2017, 11:21 AM
If it was from Swansea and it was 20 million plus Bartley it would be a no brainer, but the money would need investing in a excellent replacement.

joellufcprice
28-07-2017, 11:26 AM
If it was from Swansea and it was 20 million plus Bartley it would be a no brainer, but the money would need investing in a excellent replacement.

I'd take 10 + Bartley for Wood tbh not that I'm in anyway in charge lmao

lasher
28-07-2017, 12:01 PM
It would have to be someone like a Dwight Gayle but do we pay the wages now ?
I'm more than happy to keep Woody.

joellufcprice
28-07-2017, 02:58 PM
It would have to be someone like a Dwight Gayle but do we pay the wages now ?
I'm more than happy to keep Woody.

Given the ridiculous prices I've seen Boro pay for strikers i'd rather we didn't sign from the England.

I think Wood + Ekuban and maybe a young loanee would set us up well for next season. I've liked the look of Ekuban in short spells I've seen of him.

Billyni
28-07-2017, 05:06 PM
Cant sell him now. He's modeling the new away kit. No smiles tho.

norfolk white
28-07-2017, 08:23 PM
Nahkki wells apparently available, bit late for wood to up and leave now.

Silentman
28-07-2017, 08:30 PM
In a nanosecond, we play a better formation without him.

joellufcprice
28-07-2017, 08:34 PM
In a nanosecond, we play a better formation without him.

stats would completely refute that.

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
28-07-2017, 11:04 PM
If we could play 2 up top we've got options, wood antonsson roofe ekuban even doukara if we got desperate lol, there's enough good combos, then with the trickery of alioski the pace of sacko and the reliability of dallas we've got options on the wings, then in the middle christ more combos than God knows what, that many I ain't gonna list them, then in defence as it stands it's jansson and Pennington although I'm hopeful helander will partner jansson with Pennington as backup, ayling berardi and a new leftback should cover us at fullback and then it's between green and Wiedwald in goal, the squad is really starting to look decent, can't wait for the season to start!

cress
29-07-2017, 09:59 AM
Face it, unless another football "revolution" comes (like how the 3 man defence is coming back) which seems unliekly, we will not play with two strikers in the upcoming years.

Difficult to say about the 20m. That is way above his worth so it might be a good decision to cash in but we'd need a replacement which would be quite difficult to find. If we were to bring in another striker that will definetly be a foreigner which might not be a good idea

joellufcprice
29-07-2017, 12:26 PM
Face it, unless another football "revolution" comes (like how the 3 man defence is coming back) which seems unliekly, we will not play with two strikers in the upcoming years.

Difficult to say about the 20m. That is way above his worth so it might be a good decision to cash in but we'd need a replacement which would be quite difficult to find. If we were to bring in another striker that will definetly be a foreigner which might not be a good idea

Thats because the way the game is at the moment, 4-4-2 isn't a truly effective formation as you just get overloaded in midfield by the opposition. I find it odd how often people request 4-4-2 when it rarely works for any side these days, reminds of Mike Bassett and 'tradition'

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
29-07-2017, 05:20 PM
It kept bloody Burnley in the premier league, 442 works!

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
29-07-2017, 05:21 PM
Could be wrong but I think Bournemouth use 442 as well, they've stayed up

Silentman
29-07-2017, 06:10 PM
stats would completely refute that.

Formation Joel, not results.