PDA

View Full Version : Massive breaking news MEGSON

soulman101
28-07-2017, 02:19 PM
Coming home. https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2017/july/megson-returns-to-the-hawthorns/

BaggieBlood
28-07-2017, 02:38 PM
Just heard this on talksport.

Brilliant news, always wanted him to do well since he left us, especially at his beloved Seff. Wed.

Cheered me up no end today and cannot wait to see the great reception he'll get against Bournemouth.

Welcome Home God Megson!!!!

vikingwarriorking
28-07-2017, 02:51 PM
Just heard this on talksport.

Brilliant news, always wanted him to do well since he left us, especially at his beloved Seff. Wed.

Cheered me up no end today and cannot wait to see the great reception he'll get against Bournemouth.

Welcome Home God Megson!!!!

We can get the backroom organised in seemingly double quick time- but players that's a different story

Heard we are chasing a Seria A LB but Burnley are in too- and they already have Taylor- so that's that then.

Still we have two dinosaurs in the dugout-will make Royal Marine basic training & Brigade of Guards discipline look amateurish.

But hellsbells hasn't their time been and gone?
Great thanks to Megson I know but the future- really?

BaggieBlood
28-07-2017, 03:01 PM
I knew you'd stick your oar (pardon the pun) in Viking, at this great news.

It's not always easy to ransack other teams to get their players.

Just chill and think of Valhalla.

Albionic68
28-07-2017, 03:06 PM
Welcome back Sir Gary B) .

Ear plugs at the ready folks XD .

Training could get a bit tasty :) .

All the best Nacer ;D .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp43OdtAAkM

vikingwarriorking
28-07-2017, 03:18 PM
No problem thinking about Valhalla.
It's defined as a place of honour, glory and happiness
Don't expect much of any that next season at the shrine..... do you?

The Minn Junta
28-07-2017, 03:42 PM
I'll get this straight from the off, for me Megson has Allen, Astle, Regis, Taylor like status at the Shrine. What he did will never be forgotten, dragging us out of that awful period means the world to all us long suffering Albion fans.

BUT.....

Returning as a number two seriously worries me. A number two stepping up to a number one is risky enough, as we've witnessed ourselves. Megson has stood in that dugout as the gaffer and been adored, what happens when it gets a bit 5h1tty and the whole stadium starts belting out 'There's only one Gary Megson' because you can bet it's going to happen.

For me one word.....

Awkward!

My concerns aside, Sir Gary, welcome home, I hope and prey it works.

phild
28-07-2017, 03:43 PM
'MEGSON IS BACK, MEGSON IS BACK.....'

Lord of the manor of West Bromwich may even become our manager again if Pulis leaves

splinter
28-07-2017, 03:48 PM
Pleased he's back also a brave decision by Pulis.

Baggies_Boy_Tony
28-07-2017, 04:01 PM
I'll stick my neck out and be ready to be shot down, Pulis doesn't play attacking football, for which he's heavily criticised, but think back did Megson, his football was dour, even though it did bring us success, we became known as West Brom 1, don't see that this is going to bring us bright attacking football, now I'll duck.

holmleighchris
28-07-2017, 04:51 PM
I'll stick my neck out and be ready to be shot down, Pulis doesn't play attacking football, for which he's heavily criticised, but think back did Megson, his football was dour, even though it did bring us success, we became known as West Brom 1, don't see that this is going to bring us bright attacking football, now I'll duck.

He always played with 2 strikers and wide midfielders supporting them. McInnes & Johnson got forward fairly often as well.Scored 61, conceded 29 in THE promotion season. That is 46 games so the scoring was quite low.

Leicesterbaggie
28-07-2017, 05:35 PM
It doesn't suggest that there'll be any change in our style of play. Basically, more of the same!

WBA1955
28-07-2017, 06:09 PM
Let's'all'play'the'Tony'Mowbray'way,that'was'fun.
I'would'be'critical'of'our'style'if'we'had'world'c lass'players-but'we'haven't.
Play'open'attacking'football'in'this'division'and' see'where'we'end'up

Albionic68
28-07-2017, 06:26 PM
He always played with 2 strikers and wide midfielders supporting them. McInnes & Johnson got forward fairly often as well.Scored 61, conceded 29 in THE promotion season. That is 46 games so the scoring was quite low.

Chris, has Simon Wright had a full on social media melt down on Facebook yet?

If he hasn't then trust me, he will soon 😅 .

goodlordmurphy
28-07-2017, 06:55 PM
Best thing I can think of is 'no comment'>:(

Dubbag
28-07-2017, 07:15 PM
All the best Nacer ;D .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp43OdtAAkM

Great tune that...and a great looking girl........
And also agree...All the best Nacer......;D

mickd1961
28-07-2017, 07:22 PM
Great to see the "Ginger Mourinho" back at his spiritual home.

He must be truly shocked at the progression in our transfer dealings.

I wonder how long before we hear the immortal words "faffing about" uttered again by the great one.

Brave move by Pulis......guess we all know who the next manager will be if we make a bad start.

phild
28-07-2017, 07:42 PM
Just cant see Megson sitting in the dugout, will he not be barking orders from the touchline?

BaggieBlood
28-07-2017, 10:13 PM
Yeah mick nothing changes at wba fc.

Then the chairman was "running around Europe " trying to sign Aruna Dindane and now it's carvalho were always "linked" to.

Kemp gave a lot of the instructions on the byline previously so I can Meggo do the same.

I cannot wait for the first time he gives it to somoone for not trying.

Acido
28-07-2017, 10:19 PM
And who is Gazza Megson bringing in as his own little boot boy, Colin w*nker Warnock ? ;D
I cant help but keep thinking back to that battle of Bramall Lane!

Johnny on the spot 1
28-07-2017, 10:22 PM
Been in London all day just put the phone on when i got home seen the posts , absolutely lost for words for once i genuinely didn't know , first reaction dont know if its good or bad news but over a cuppa i think its great news , welcome home Gazza .

Barrera
28-07-2017, 11:55 PM
Disaster waiting to happen. Loved the guy for what he did 15 years ago - will never forget the run in first Premier promotion. An Albion legend for sure. BUT times have moved on and this is going backwards. Look forward to the nostalgic reception against Bournemouth. But give it 10 games and sparks will be flying if we are in the relegation spots. Hope I am wrong would really love to see a resurrection - just can't see it.....only plenty of shifts and working 'ard with no quality....

Where's Warnock these days btw..... Oh yea Cardiff.....look forward to next year and a Championship re-run of Bramall.....

WBA1955
29-07-2017, 08:58 AM
Like'Pulis,Megson'had'to'make'a'silk'purse'from'a' sows'ear.
Jose'Mourinho'would'nt'have'been'able'to'do'much'w ith'the'Gregans'and'Andy'Johnsons.
The'players'he'did'sign,Gera'and'Kanu'were'light'y ears'ahead'of'what'we'had.
The'fault'lies'with'our'owners'not'our'managers,'a lways'has.But'it'will'be'the'managers'who'will'bit e'the'bullet.
Considering'what'they'are'given'to'spend'Megson'an d'Pulis'have'worked'wonders.
As'for'young'and'upcoming'i'cite'Mowbray'RDM'and'C larke
Any'young'manager'who'did'well'here'would'soon'be' headhunted'anyway

mickd1961
29-07-2017, 09:28 AM
Anyone remember the way that Megson's new signing Marshall was banished to the ranks after only a couple of matches?

I heard a very titalating rumour as to why that happened.....anyone else hear it?

Albionic68
29-07-2017, 09:40 AM
There's only one Mrs M?

Was told this was definitely just a rumour and they weren't playing away.

Or at home either ;D .

BaggieBlood
29-07-2017, 11:32 AM
I heard he tried it on with meggo's wife at a party.

But, it could have been anything really, all conjecture. Might ask if I bump into him.

In any event I think he was his worst signing and Alby the biggest rip off price paid. This from a great manager who made such good signings on whole and got the best out of them.

The mention of Aj always reminds me of Blose way where I was in the home end with my blose supporting cousin and they battered us but Aj got a late winner and it was brilliant and the look on my cousin's face was like sullivan had come down from the Director's box and shoved a massive dido up his a hole.

I always thought the Alby deal was his highest priced mistake, I think it was investigated for wrong doing as his club claimed they got less than the £3m we paid.

mickd1961
29-07-2017, 12:39 PM
There's only one Mrs M?

Was told this was definitely just a rumour and they weren't playing away.

Or at home either ;D .

I heard he "tried it on" with no success and that once this was reported to Lord Meggo that it all kicked off.

Probably b o l l o x but you'd like to believe it's true!

Roymit
29-07-2017, 05:18 PM
Does Megan's return mean we have to upspend on teapots and urns